NY Correctional Academy

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14201 to 14250 of 22932)
Page:  « First « Previous   282  283  284  285  286  287  288  Next »   Last »

darlajules in Wallkill, New York

14 months ago

Yesterday I got a call from my investigator, he wanted to know if I would like 2 weeks more to get ready . He assured me that I wouldn't lose my spot,but I'm going to the 2nd class on 9/22. So I'm really psyched I get a little more time. I'm so grateful for the extra time ! Because let's face it at 52 it's a little challenging to go to an academy .Just wanted everyone on the boards to know I'm in 9/22 class.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Shane parish in Buffalo, New York

14 months ago

darlajules in Wallkill, New York said: Yesterday I got a call from my investigator, he wanted to know if I would like 2 weeks more to get ready . He assured me that I wouldn't lose my spot,but I'm going to the 2nd class on 9/22. So I'm really psyched I get a little more time. I'm so grateful for the extra time ! Because let's face it at 52 it's a little challenging to go to an academy .Just wanted everyone on the boards to know I'm in 9/22 class.

When was your 1on1

Doc in Clifton Park, New York

14 months ago

darlajules in Wallkill, New York said: Yesterday I got a call from my investigator, he wanted to know if I would like 2 weeks more to get ready . He assured me that I wouldn't lose my spot,but I'm going to the 2nd class on 9/22. So I'm really psyched I get a little more time. I'm so grateful for the extra time ! Because let's face it at 52 it's a little challenging to go to an academy .Just wanted everyone on the boards to know I'm in 9/22 class.

I got the same call. I am sticking with this session tho. I am economically prepared. I just need to get my boots shinier

Issued1230 in Buffalo, New York

14 months ago

Were you guys on page 6 or 7 ont he list?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Shane parish in Buffalo, New York said: When was your 1on1

It was Dec 19 2012, But I had some more paperwork to hand in ,and I finished that by jan 19,2013

14 months ago

Doc in Clifton Park, New York said: I got the same call. I am sticking with this session tho. I am economically prepared. I just need to get my boots shinier

Guess they had to trim the class for some reason. I am prepared with my list of stuff,need to shine boots a little more too. But physically I want to build up some more. Please make sure you update us on the weekends ! Good luck ! Don't quit!

14 months ago

Issued1230 in Buffalo, New York said: Were you guys on page 6 or 7 ont he list?

I was page 5 on the bottom .

14 months ago

darlajules in Wallkill, New York said: Guess they had to trim the class for some reason. I am prepared with my list of stuff,need to shine boots a little more too. But physically I want to build up some more. Please make sure you update us on the weekends ! Good luck ! Don't quit!

thanks brother, will do. Good luck to u as well

14 months ago

So if i'm mid page 7 and dont get called by for the 9/22 class dont get discouraged?

AutoCruzer in Bronx, New York

14 months ago

Issued1230 in Buffalo, New York said: So if i'm mid page 7 and dont get called by for the 9/22 class dont get discouraged?

Of course not. 2 guys I know nust got called for the September 8th class. We finished up everything in December and have been waiting ever since. I'm just trying to save as much as possible.

Etkini in Bennington, Vermont

14 months ago

I too received a call yesterday from a senior investigator asking if I wanted another two weeks to get ready. Since I already left my job Sunday, I chose to keep my scheduled 9/8 time. Sure, I could use another two weeks to get in better shape, but I really don't want to be "sitting around" for another two weeks with no income.

I'll state it again in case anyone is curious: my 1-on-1 was March 5th (and it was almost an hour long since I know some are worried about their times), I scored an 85 and am almost at the top of page 6.

To anyone else going this Sunday, I do plan on being in Albany a couple hours early if anyone wants to meet up before heading in. I don't know the area that well, but I think there's a gas station near by where you can get a coffee or something. I should know by Saturday exactly where it is, and I'll post it again for anyone who's interested.

14 months ago

Doc in Clifton Park, New York said: thanks brother, will do. Good luck to u as well

Ha LOL ,thanks sister ! I'm a woman . :)

diamondcuts in maspeth, New York

14 months ago

Hello all Just checking to see if any One leaving on the 22 coming from the city.

14 months ago

darlajules in Wallkill, New York said: Ha LOL ,thanks sister ! I'm a woman . :)

LOL im sorry, thanks sister!

14 months ago

diamondcuts in maspeth, New York said: Hello all Just checking to see if any One leaving on the 22 coming from the city.

sorry I am leaving from about and hour and half from the city.

queens hopeful 25431 in South Ozone Park, New York

14 months ago

diamondcuts in maspeth, New York said: Does any One know how females Hair should be worn For the Academy.

Bun no braids if short neat no weave no hair color

Steelieboyrookie in Valley stream, New York

14 months ago

Does anyone have any idea when the next academy will be run after the September batch,and best of luck to everyone going in this Sunday and on the 22nd,dont quit,and keep posting on the weekends when you get a chance to.

14 months ago

Etkini in Bennington, Vermont said: I too received a call yesterday from a senior investigator asking if I wanted another two weeks to get ready. Since I already left my job Sunday, I chose to keep my scheduled 9/8 time. Sure, I could use another two weeks to get in better shape, but I really don't want to be "sitting around" for another two weeks with no income.

I'll state it again in case anyone is curious: my 1-on-1 was March 5th (and it was almost an hour long since I know some are worried about their times), I scored an 85 and am almost at the top of page 6.

To anyone else going this Sunday, I do plan on being in Albany a couple hours early if anyone wants to meet up before heading in. I don't know the area that well, but I think there's a gas station near by where you can get a coffee or something. I should know by Saturday exactly where it is, and I'll post it again for anyone who's interested.

Im taking the train an will get there at 322pm

Daheights in New York, New York

14 months ago

I got the same call and I changed it for the 22nd.

14 months ago

diamondcuts in maspeth, New York said: Does any One know how females Hair should be worn For the Academy.

The letter I received stated military style, shouldn't be lower than the collar of your shirt and styled in a way that doesn't interfere with equipment(ex. Masks/helmets).

Originally I was going into the academy on the 8th but I changed for the 22nd. I'm leaving from the city.

14 months ago

Daheights in New York, New York said: The letter I received stated military style, shouldn't be lower than the collar of your shirt and styled in a way that doesn't interfere with equipment(ex. Masks/helmets).

Originally I was going into the academy on the 8th but I changed for the 22nd. I'm leaving from the city.

Forgot to add, No hair extensions and should look like original hair color, no weird dyes.

14 months ago

Daheights in New York, New York said: The letter I received stated military style, shouldn't be lower than the collar of your shirt and styled in a way that doesn't interfere with equipment(ex. Masks/helmets).

Ok thanks r u mle or female

Secondchance in New York, New York

14 months ago

This piece of advice doesn't affect everyone but those of you who have what they call at the academy the summer sweater (hairy chest) make sure there are no hairs showing out the top of your tee shirts. Me and a few others got hit with that the first week. Those who didn't correct it by the end of the week for the first inspection got caped

14 months ago

diamondcuts in maspeth, New York said: Ok thanks r u mle or female

Female.

14 months ago

korekt in poughkeepsie, New York said: i was trying to reduce the amount of stuff but not happening i guess. at least in the underwear department lol

I hear u I got everything in one suitcase then realized I packed no pjs extra bag here I come

14 months ago

Daheights in New York, New York said: Female.

Ok cool do u have a email

14 months ago

diamondcuts in maspeth, New York said: Ok cool do u have a email

Daheights01@gmail.com

cuse in Syracuse, New York

14 months ago

Steelieboyrookie in Valley stream, New York said: Does anyone have any idea when the next academy will be run after the September batch,and best of luck to everyone going in this Sunday and on the 22nd,dont quit,and keep posting on the weekends when you get a chance to.

My father who has been in for 30 years spoke with one of the union guys and they said September 8th is first class. The second class as already confirmed will start 2 weeks later. The third will be 2 weeks after that. Hope this helps, as I am also waiting for "the call".

cuse in Syracuse, New York

14 months ago

He got this information about a week ago before people started getting calls for the second class on the 22nd. So it seems pretty accurate and enough to possibly guesstimate that the next one will be to report on October 6th.

Secondchance in Hicksville, New York

14 months ago

cuse in Syracuse, New York said: He got this information about a week ago before people started getting calls for the second class on the 22nd. So it seems pretty accurate and enough to possibly guesstimate that the next one will be to report on October 6th.

When I was at the academy they said that there were 17 classes approved for this fiscal year. The first class in Sept is the 5th class. The Fiscal year runs from April til March

14 months ago

So it's pretty safe to say there will be consistent classes oppose to how it was for a few months before they picked up again for the 9/8 class. That was a dry spell (i'm sure there have been worse) but still... job on.

14 months ago

Daheights in New York, New York said: Daheights01@gmail.com

Cool i sent u a email

14 months ago

Issued1230 in Buffalo, New York said: So it's pretty safe to say there will be consistent classes oppose to how it was for a few months before they picked up again for the 9/8 class. That was a dry spell (i'm sure there have been worse) but still... job on.

Yes the was it will work is the class going in this weekend will graduate Nov 1 which is a Friday. The next class will replace them that Sunday the 3rd. And so on and so on

Nymedic in Newburgh, New York

14 months ago

I have to report the 22nd. What is the latest you report on Sundays.

14 months ago

Nymedic in Newburgh, New York said: I have to report the 22nd. What is the latest you report on Sundays.

Get there the first week by 4 there is a lot to do the first night

Etkini in Bennington, Vermont

14 months ago

Secondchance in Hicksville, New York said: Get there the first week by 4 there is a lot to do the first night

Do they let you in at 4pm? My paperwork says report for 5pm.

Nymedic in Newburgh, New York

14 months ago

Secondchance in Hicksville, New York said: Get there the first week by 4 there is a lot to do the first night

Okay thanks. How about after a few weeks, some people say 5pm others say 10pm is the latest?

Waiting in Plattsburgh, New York

14 months ago

Sunday can't wait a couple days away. I'm ready to get this rolling who else is pumped up? Lol

14 months ago

Nymedic in Newburgh, New York said: Okay thanks. How about after a few weeks, some people say 5pm others say 10pm is the latest?

Get there at 4 the first week. They will start letting you in right around that. After that I would get there around 6. Each week you need to reset up your room for that week. If you show up late you will have to rush to get it done

gf07 in Elmira, New York

14 months ago

A few things.... leaving it at work means two things the first of which BSO touched on, the second is not bringing home aggression and a bad attitude. You will have all kind of emotions from this job and you need to leave them there. If you don't, you will either shut down emotionally, become a drinker or abuse your spouse. Do the job, leave it at the gates. When you are delaying your class, you're screwing yourself. It may not seem like a big deal now, but everyone in the class before you will have seniority on you. When you try to transfer, all of the higher seniority goes before you, in some jails, vacation, time off and especially bids.

Anthony in Bronx, New York

14 months ago

This forum is very helpful. Thanks to those experienced individuals taking the time to educate "new jacks " lol. I scored an 87 I believe and had 1 on 1 in march and have not received call but not worrying because "no news is good news" and I have not received DQ notification. Looking forward to this.

14 months ago

diamondcuts in maspeth, New York said: Ok thanks r u mle or female

Yeah ,I just sacrificed six inches of hair for this,almost cried lol . Whatever is going to save me time while in the academy ! Shrug It will grow back. :)

14 months ago

darlajules in Wallkill, New York said: Yeah ,I just sacrificed six inches of hair for this,almost cried lol . Whatever is going to save me time while in the academy ! Shrug It will grow back. :)

I feel you Mines is already short I'm good lol

14 months ago

gf07 in Elmira, New York said: A few things.... leaving it at work means two things the first of which BSO touched on, the second is not bringing home aggression and a bad attitude. You will have all kind of emotions from this job and you need to leave them there. If you don't, you will either shut down emotionally, become a drinker or abuse your spouse. Do the job, leave it at the gates. When you are delaying your class, you're screwing yourself. It may not seem like a big deal now, but everyone in the class before you will have seniority on you. When you try to transfer, all of the higher seniority goes before you, in some jails, vacation, time off and especially bids.

I got a call to change also but I opted to stay on course I'm ready no since sitting around for another 2 wks

14 months ago

queens hopeful 25431 in South Ozone Park, New York said: I got a call to change also but I opted to stay on course I'm ready no since sitting around for another 2 wks

Hey can you keep in touch so us women going in on the 22ed get some feedback about the academy ? Either on this forum or e mail me darlajules@yahoo.com I've read a ton and I would just like to be as prepared as I can be. I was in the Air force years ago so I'll be fine with the military stuff.

anonymous in Buffalo, New York

14 months ago

Nymedic in Newburgh, New York said: Okay thanks. How about after a few weeks, some people say 5pm others say 10pm is the latest?

You wanna be there at 6 pm after the 1st week that's fine. I'd say get there closer to 8. If you get to the hotel i'd say 9.

jjsluke in Auburn, New York

14 months ago

What is the timeframe for "the call" once everything is completed? I have completed the agility, interview, written psych and psych interview.

Hcabrera174 in New York, New York

14 months ago

darlajules in Wallkill, New York said: Yeah ,I just sacrificed six inches of hair for this,almost cried lol . Whatever is going to save me time while in the academy !

6inch lol, try 10 years of hair. Lol

14 months ago

darlajules in Wallkill, New York said: Hey can you keep in touch so us women going in on the 22ed get some feedback about the academy ? Either on this forum or e mail me darlajules@yahoo.com I've read a ton and I would just like to be as prepared as I can be. I was in the Air force years ago so I'll be fine with the military stuff.

Sure I can I'm shacapri54@gmail.com

omw2beaCO in New York, New York

14 months ago

darlajules in Wallkill, New York said: Yeah ,I just sacrificed six inches of hair for this,almost cried lol . Whatever is going to save me time while in the academy ! Shrug It will grow back. :)

ummmm why not just put your hair back in a bun instead of cutting it off thats what most females do

Page:  « First « Previous   282  283  284  285  286  287  288  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.