NY Correctional Academy

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14201 to 14250 of 30027)
Page:  « First « Previous   282  283  284  285  286  287  288  Next »   Last »

andrew31286 in Yorkville, New York

29 months ago

25431 in syracuse, New York said: Ok thanks. I was curious BC like I said my references nor my Forman have been contacted yet. Everytime I call I get one quick ring then voicemail. Doesn't matter what time I call. Maybe that means she's on the phone idk

When was your 1on1 and what was your score

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Steelieboyrookie in Valley stream, New York

29 months ago

References

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

omw2beaCO in Brooklyn, New York

29 months ago

Andrew31286 in Yorkville, New York said: I got same score and did 1on1 same time only thing my investigator called my current boss for reference last month but nothing since then

They just started calling people in the 80's so 75's should be very soon fingers crossed

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

25431 in syracuse, New York

29 months ago

My 1 on 1 was on march 6 and I scored an 80 on the test.

andrew31286 in Yorkville, New York

29 months ago

omw2beaCO in Brooklyn, New York said: They just started calling people in the 80's so 75's should be very soon fingers crossed

This year I hope

issued1230 in Buffalo, New York

29 months ago

Depending on the needs of each prison are new officers limited to a certain amount of overtime hours or are they more so expected to accept all mandates and stride to work OT?

queens hopeful 25431 in South Ozone Park, New York

29 months ago

Are the rooms 4 to a room or 2 just curious

sq 7 in Brooklyn, New York

29 months ago

queens hopeful 25431 in South Ozone Park, New York said: Are the rooms 4 to a room or 2 just curious

Some are 3. Others are 4

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

29 months ago

sq 7 in Brooklyn, New York said: Some are 3. Others are 4

Brooklyn NY! Lot of dogs up that way.

My question:

Is it best to lie to your girl so as to prevent a fight? I'm serious now.

Thank you for your response ahead of time.

somedieforthisx in Schenectady, New York

29 months ago

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York said: Brooklyn NY! Lot of dogs up that way.

My question:

why lie? whats to fight about?

KANCERII in West Harrison, New York

29 months ago

25431 in syracuse, New York said: Ok thanks. I was curious BC like I said my references nor my Forman have been contacted yet. Everytime I call I get one quick ring then voicemail. Doesn't matter what time I call. Maybe that means she's on the phone idk

Call the number to the Investigations Unit and not the direct number to your BI. The receptionist or another Investigator will answer. Tell them who you are and ask to speak to your BI. This way you'll get transferred to them or they will tell you your BI isn't available and to call back later.

29 months ago

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York said: Brooklyn NY! Lot of dogs up that way.

My question:

Seriously at this point is that what your focus is on smh !!!!!!!

anonymous in Buffalo, New York

29 months ago

Issued1230 in Buffalo, New York said: Depending on the needs of each prison are new officers limited to a certain amount of overtime hours or are they more so expected to accept all mandates and stride to work OT?

Being stuck going into an RDO is a bummer. OT is good it'll come down to whether you want to swap or do OT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Justincud in Buffalo, New York

29 months ago

somedieforthisx in Schenectady, New York said: why lie? whats to fight about?

This can't be serious

jjsluke in Auburn, New York

29 months ago

To all that have received the call can you explain in detail how it went.

thanks

Steelieboyrookie in Valley stream, New York

29 months ago

All the best to those going in tomorrow and on the 22.. Do not quit guys see you in the future,gods will.

nyscohopeful in South Glens Falls, New York

29 months ago

jjsluke in Auburn, New York said: To all that have received the call can you explain in detail how it went.

thanks

Hey JJSLUKE, thanks for your response to me direct a couple days back! In regards to your inquiry, basically an investigator calls you and verifies that you are the candidate and then says something along the lines that we are extending you an opportunity to attend our Academy and do you accept? And I said I absolutely accept sir and thank you very much! Ok great! We will forward you the necessary paperwork, please allow 2-3 days for you to receive in the mail. He verified my mailing address. He advised me when receive to read over all information thoroughly and if accept the terms, please sign 3 pages in particular of the packet sent and return them via fax number, which they provide for you. He asked me if I had any questions and I said no. The investigator said congratulations and good luck! I said thank you very much! Specifically on your packet they will provide the exact deadline (in my case about 10 days from date received) to get the crucial 3 pages signed and back to them via fax or express overnight mail and if you do not meet the deadline it is as good as a declination. The rest of the packet is important information you need to have with you when you get to the Academy for processing that first night. Daveh99 basically summed it up on his response to you "BITTERSWEET"! Hope this helps! In the meantime, get your gear ready, save as much money as you can, be patient and in time your call will come! Good luck!

29 months ago

Congrats to all who got the call! Tomorrow afternoon will be show time for the first Sept class. Good luck to you all! When you get a chance please let us know on the boards how it is going. There is a great video of a 2007 NYS Corrections Officer Class at Willard that went in on You Tube that will give you a bird's eye view of what to expect at the Academy from the first evening of processing thru graduation. The only difference is we will be in Albany and have grey PT shirts. Just Google Willard 2007 NYS Correctional Academy and it should pop up. Once again good luck and keep us all posted how things are going. Remember, no matter how tough things get, quitting is not an option! See you in 2 weeks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Stephypooh in New York, New York

29 months ago

NYSCO Hopeful in South Glens Falls, New York said: Congrats to all who got the call! Tomorrow afternoon will be show time for the first Sept class. Good luck to you all! When you get a chance please let us know on the boards how it is going. There is a great video of a 2007 NYS Corrections Officer Class at Willard that went in on You Tube that will give you a bird's eye view of what to expect at the Academy from the first evening of processing thru graduation. The only difference is we will be in Albany and have grey PT shirts. Just Google Willard 2007 NYS Correctional Academy and it should pop up. Once again good luck and keep us all posted how things are going. Remember, no matter how tough things get, quitting is not an option! See you in 2 weeks!

I'M SO EXCITED FOR EVERYONE GOING IN TOMORROW. REMEMBER TO WORK TOGETHER NOT AGAINST ONE ANOTHER. TOODLES.

mooserny in Canton, New York

29 months ago

NYSCO Hopeful in South Glens Falls, New York said: Hi everyone,

Congrats to all who got the call recently and best of luck to you!

I have been monitoring this forum for the last year. I must say this forum is very addicting, and in a good way, new viewers be ware & careful, you have been warned. In time you will know what I mean! I want to thank participants for all the great information posted here. In particular BSO, but also many others.

I just got "The Call" today, well now yesterday Sept 3rd, around 3pm for the Sept 23rd class. The call happened on mine and my wife's 14th wedding anniversary to the day, which made it extra exciting and special!

Test 25-431, scored an 80, on middle of page 6 and completed all testing Dec 18th 2012, 1 on 1 was Jan 2nd 2013. I waited 8 months after my 1 on 1 almost to the day for the call! I hope this helps everyone gauge where they stand. I am pretty pumped about this opportunity to say the least!

I will be wrapping up a 25 year career in private industry and I seriously desired a change and this will be a new journey and a life changer for me, my wife and two children . Will I do the 25 years with NYS, God only knows, but Tier 6 benefits is better than private industry. I am looking forward to it and up to the task.

For all of you waiting, be patient, your time will come. Good luck & be careful!

I too got "the call" that same day for 9/23 class. And i have to agree it will be a life changer as i also am married with two sons. and i too have been out there in the world working for 30 yrs. Good Luck

29 months ago

Academy here we come im in the first class thanks for all the well wishes see you guys there i will try to update as much as possible im ready to go thanks for all the advice i plan to utilize all that i have read BSO you have been very helpful thanks much

29 months ago

mooserny in Canton, New York said: I too got "the call" that same day for 9/23 class. And i have to agree it will be a life changer as i also am married with two sons. and i too have been out there in the world working for 30 yrs. Good Luck

Mooserny, thanks for your response. Congrats on the call! It is comforting knowing there are others in a similar situation as mine. See you in two weeks at the front door. Good luck to you as well!

nicegent in New York, New York

29 months ago

I want to wish all the recruits the best of luck tomorrow and I wish you all well. Hopefully soon, I will be entering the academy too. Remember, dont give up, keep your eye on the prize.

Anthony in Bronx, New York

29 months ago

I literally just finished reading the book "New Jack" and must say it was a good read. That in combination with all the great information shared here are good. I will admit I use to worry why I was not called but hearing all the reassuring words or confidence "no news is good news" and "you will get the call" makes it easier. GL to all those whom received the call especially to those whom are reporting tomorrow. I hope there are enough classes approved to accommodate a lot of us. :-).

Stephypooh in Bronx, New York

29 months ago

No it really is comforting to know other ppl with the same common interest (at least this one)

29 months ago

BSOdeputy- in Saugerties, New York said: As always you are welcome. Good luck to all those going in tomorrow. One last piece of advice, when you go and check in they're going to ask you for your drivers license. Awww you know what I'm not going to give it away I got to keep some surprises in hand. Have fun tomorrow!

Aawwwwww come on

Stephypooh in Bronx, New York

29 months ago

queens hopeful 25431 in South Ozone Park, New York said: Aawwwwww come on

JUST MAKE SURE TO KNOW UR LICENSE PLATE # !!!!!!

Waiting in Medway, Massachusetts

29 months ago

Whose meeting up before the academy? I should be arriving in Albany around 3 and I believe there's a Stewart's right by the acedemy

Etkini in Bennington, Vermont

29 months ago

Waiting in Medway, Massachusetts said: Whose meeting up before the academy? I should be arriving in Albany around 3 and I believe there's a Stewart's right by the acedemy

I'll be at the Stewart's around the same time too.

29 months ago

I still need a cab number from amtrak due to arrive at 322 pm in albany

OTJ in Goshen, New York

29 months ago

Good luck guys. Just remember you are getting paid to work out and go to school. Keep a good attitude, don't expect everything to be fair, and do everything you are told to do to the best of your ability. Help each other out, and don't quit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

Lol from a speech? Wow

Stephypooh in Brooklyn, New York

29 months ago

Damn WTH

29 months ago

In opinion why do most drop out?

29 months ago

Cool. I say cool because I think I'm prepared for that. I just hope not be shipped far away. Want sing sing or Bedford hills. They r close.

29 months ago

Where r those located? In relation to NYC?

29 months ago

Thx BSO

29 months ago

Ok cool. Wil do and thx again.

29 months ago

BSOdeputy- in Saugerties, New York said: Type "nysdoccs map" into google to see where they all are

Just want to start by saying "Thank You for all the useful info". My question is, do you know if they will be calling another class after the one that starts on the 22? Thanks!

sq 7 in Brooklyn, New York

29 months ago

Anthony in Bronx, New York said: Where r those located? In relation to NYC?

Green Haven is approx 70miles and fishkill is approx 60miles from NYC. I'm at GH

29 months ago

Wow these prisons are indeed far.

AutoCruzer in Bellerose, New York

29 months ago

Anthony in Bronx, New York said: Wow these prisons are indeed far.

My girlfriend's brother is up at Fishkill. He's coming from The Bronx and he says it usually takes just under an hour to get to work unless there's some issue on the road.... You should be fine. You might even end up leaving the city behind.

29 months ago

Thx for that auto crusher. In your personal opinion car or rails better? Do you think rails are expensive?

issued1230 in Buffalo, New York

29 months ago

I would be moving from Buffalo so and hour away isn't all that bad. I'm personally going to work insane overtime for a year or two until i transfer back closer to home.

somedieforthisx in Schenectady, New York

29 months ago

BSOdeputy- in Saugerties, New York said: Then go to Greene CF. you can write your own check there.

im sure they will still have overtime because they have AMC, but how much can they have with mcgregor closing?

nicegent in New York, New York

29 months ago

Hello everyone. I wnted to know if its true that after completing the medical at cohoes, do you later receive a letter in the mail stating you pass? I figured that once a candidate seen the doctor that same day and was cleared to participate in the physical agility test literally right after,, that meant you passed the medical. Am I wrong? It wouldnt make sense to have someone with a medical "issue" to partake in a physical, right?

K to the t in Albany, New York

29 months ago

BSOdeputy- in Saugerties, New York said: Then go to Greene CF. you can write your own check there.

Yea you can :) I just did 5 shifts of OT in the past 4 days, I'm hoping for a nice check even though I'm going to get taxed like crazy. But it will be worth it.

sq 7 in Bladensburg, Maryland

29 months ago

Nicegent in New York, New York said: Hello everyone. I wnted to know if its true that after completing the medical at cohoes, do you later receive a letter in the mail stating you pass? I figured that once a candidate seen the doctor that same day and was cleared to participate in the physical agility test literally right after,, that meant you passed the medical. Am I wrong? It wouldnt make sense to have someone with a medical "issue" to partake in a physical, right?

Not necessarily but yes they notify you by mail that you're medically cleared

29 months ago

I spoke with my BI today, he said everything is good and I'm just waiting to get called so sit back and relax. I'm glad I called! Can't wait!!

AutoCruzer in New York, New York

29 months ago

Nicegent in New York, New York said: Hello everyone. I wnted to know if its true that after completing the medical at cohoes, do you later receive a letter in the mail stating you pass? I figured that once a candidate seen the doctor that same day and was cleared to participate in the physical agility test literally right after,, that meant you passed the medical. Am I wrong? It wouldnt make sense to have someone with a medical "issue" to partake in a physical, right?

My understanding is that the state is collecting DNA and also screening you for communicable diseases or chronic diseases that would prevent you from performing your job. Obvious conditions such as chronically high blood pressure would show up right away, but something like failing kidneys would require the bloodwork you have to do.

Page:  « First « Previous   282  283  284  285  286  287  288  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.