NY Correctional Academy

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14201 to 14250 of 23785)
Page:  « First « Previous   282  283  284  285  286  287  288  Next »   Last »

Issued1230 in Buffalo, New York

17 months ago

So it's pretty safe to say there will be consistent classes oppose to how it was for a few months before they picked up again for the 9/8 class. That was a dry spell (i'm sure there have been worse) but still... job on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

diamondcuts in maspeth, New York

17 months ago

Daheights in New York, New York said: Daheights01@gmail.com

Cool i sent u a email

Secondchance in Hicksville, New York

17 months ago

Issued1230 in Buffalo, New York said: So it's pretty safe to say there will be consistent classes oppose to how it was for a few months before they picked up again for the 9/8 class. That was a dry spell (i'm sure there have been worse) but still... job on.

Yes the was it will work is the class going in this weekend will graduate Nov 1 which is a Friday. The next class will replace them that Sunday the 3rd. And so on and so on

Nymedic in Newburgh, New York

17 months ago

I have to report the 22nd. What is the latest you report on Sundays.

17 months ago

Nymedic in Newburgh, New York said: I have to report the 22nd. What is the latest you report on Sundays.

Get there the first week by 4 there is a lot to do the first night

Etkini in Bennington, Vermont

17 months ago

Secondchance in Hicksville, New York said: Get there the first week by 4 there is a lot to do the first night

Do they let you in at 4pm? My paperwork says report for 5pm.

Nymedic in Newburgh, New York

17 months ago

Secondchance in Hicksville, New York said: Get there the first week by 4 there is a lot to do the first night

Okay thanks. How about after a few weeks, some people say 5pm others say 10pm is the latest?

Waiting in Plattsburgh, New York

17 months ago

Sunday can't wait a couple days away. I'm ready to get this rolling who else is pumped up? Lol

17 months ago

Nymedic in Newburgh, New York said: Okay thanks. How about after a few weeks, some people say 5pm others say 10pm is the latest?

Get there at 4 the first week. They will start letting you in right around that. After that I would get there around 6. Each week you need to reset up your room for that week. If you show up late you will have to rush to get it done

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

gf07 in Elmira, New York

17 months ago

A few things.... leaving it at work means two things the first of which BSO touched on, the second is not bringing home aggression and a bad attitude. You will have all kind of emotions from this job and you need to leave them there. If you don't, you will either shut down emotionally, become a drinker or abuse your spouse. Do the job, leave it at the gates. When you are delaying your class, you're screwing yourself. It may not seem like a big deal now, but everyone in the class before you will have seniority on you. When you try to transfer, all of the higher seniority goes before you, in some jails, vacation, time off and especially bids.

Anthony in Bronx, New York

17 months ago

This forum is very helpful. Thanks to those experienced individuals taking the time to educate "new jacks " lol. I scored an 87 I believe and had 1 on 1 in march and have not received call but not worrying because "no news is good news" and I have not received DQ notification. Looking forward to this.

darlajules in Wallkill, New York

17 months ago

diamondcuts in maspeth, New York said: Ok thanks r u mle or female

Yeah ,I just sacrificed six inches of hair for this,almost cried lol . Whatever is going to save me time while in the academy ! Shrug It will grow back. :)

queens hopeful 25431 in South Ozone Park, New York

17 months ago

darlajules in Wallkill, New York said: Yeah ,I just sacrificed six inches of hair for this,almost cried lol . Whatever is going to save me time while in the academy ! Shrug It will grow back. :)

I feel you Mines is already short I'm good lol

17 months ago

gf07 in Elmira, New York said: A few things.... leaving it at work means two things the first of which BSO touched on, the second is not bringing home aggression and a bad attitude. You will have all kind of emotions from this job and you need to leave them there. If you don't, you will either shut down emotionally, become a drinker or abuse your spouse. Do the job, leave it at the gates. When you are delaying your class, you're screwing yourself. It may not seem like a big deal now, but everyone in the class before you will have seniority on you. When you try to transfer, all of the higher seniority goes before you, in some jails, vacation, time off and especially bids.

I got a call to change also but I opted to stay on course I'm ready no since sitting around for another 2 wks

17 months ago

queens hopeful 25431 in South Ozone Park, New York said: I got a call to change also but I opted to stay on course I'm ready no since sitting around for another 2 wks

Hey can you keep in touch so us women going in on the 22ed get some feedback about the academy ? Either on this forum or e mail me darlajules@yahoo.com I've read a ton and I would just like to be as prepared as I can be. I was in the Air force years ago so I'll be fine with the military stuff.

anonymous in Buffalo, New York

17 months ago

Nymedic in Newburgh, New York said: Okay thanks. How about after a few weeks, some people say 5pm others say 10pm is the latest?

You wanna be there at 6 pm after the 1st week that's fine. I'd say get there closer to 8. If you get to the hotel i'd say 9.

jjsluke in Auburn, New York

17 months ago

What is the timeframe for "the call" once everything is completed? I have completed the agility, interview, written psych and psych interview.

Hcabrera174 in New York, New York

17 months ago

darlajules in Wallkill, New York said: Yeah ,I just sacrificed six inches of hair for this,almost cried lol . Whatever is going to save me time while in the academy !

6inch lol, try 10 years of hair. Lol

17 months ago

darlajules in Wallkill, New York said: Hey can you keep in touch so us women going in on the 22ed get some feedback about the academy ? Either on this forum or e mail me darlajules@yahoo.com I've read a ton and I would just like to be as prepared as I can be. I was in the Air force years ago so I'll be fine with the military stuff.

Sure I can I'm shacapri54@gmail.com

omw2beaCO in New York, New York

17 months ago

darlajules in Wallkill, New York said: Yeah ,I just sacrificed six inches of hair for this,almost cried lol . Whatever is going to save me time while in the academy ! Shrug It will grow back. :)

ummmm why not just put your hair back in a bun instead of cutting it off thats what most females do

17 months ago

queens hopeful 25431 in South Ozone Park, New York said: Sure I can I'm shacapri54@gmail.com

thanks

17 months ago

Hcabrera174 in New York, New York said:

Don't think I could do that !

17 months ago

darlajules in Wallkill, New York said: Don't think I could do that !

I didn't even bother to see the actual on ur post. Lol your a female so 6inch is basically like all of it to us guys lol

17 months ago

Hcabrera174 in New York, New York said: I didn't even bother to see the actual on ur post. Lol your a female so 6inch is basically like all of it to us guys lol

Name**

17 months ago

Will they skip over an 85 and choose an 80 if they believe that they're a better fit candidate given their credentials and/or personality? Or is it more of a cut and dry go down the list by priority of score?

gf07 in Elmira, New York

17 months ago

Issued1230 in Buffalo, New York said: Will they skip over an 85 and choose an 80 if they believe that they're a better fit candidate given their credentials and/or personality? Or is it more of a cut and dry go down the list by priority of score?

The score is the determining factor, but that can be delayed due to missing info, paperwork or other factors with your background check. That is why it is important to just call your BI every 3-4 weeks and check to make sure that they don't need anything else from you.

Sofialuv1 in Hudson, New York

17 months ago

queens hopeful 25431 in South Ozone Park, New York said: Sure I can I'm shacapri54@gmail.com

good luck ladies I am also one in waiting......please keep updates...good luck to the men also....

doc in Clifton Park, New York

17 months ago

Which shirts do we stencil? the white or the grey? I read different answers on this

Daveh99 in Ballston Spa, New York

17 months ago

doc in Clifton Park, New York said: Which shirts do we stencil? the white or the grey? I read different answers on this

I'm pretty sure the gray ones. I'm wondering if we stencil the sweatshirt as well. Also I can't find sweat shorts anywhere! Are grey mesh ok? I know Walmart has really nice selection of gray sweats, tee's and sweatshirts in case anybody had trouble finding them.

17 months ago

Ebay "gray sweat shorts" there's a decent selection.

Daveh99 in Ballston Spa, New York

17 months ago

Issued1230 in Buffalo, New York said: Ebay "gray sweat shorts" there's a decent selection.

Thank you

gf07 in Elmira, New York

17 months ago

Daveh99 in Ballston Spa, New York said: I'm pretty sure the gray ones. I'm wondering if we stencil the sweatshirt as well. Also I can't find sweat shorts anywhere! Are grey mesh ok? I know Walmart has really nice selection of gray sweats, tee's and sweatshirts in case anybody had trouble finding them.

You stencil the grey ones, don't need them until Tuesday. Don't do the sweatshirts and mesh shorts will be fine. You must have sweats, no matter how hot it is. You CAN wear compression shorts under your shorts, no braces or wraps, unless you have a medical slip for them. Good luck to you guys, see you in 8 weeks.

17 months ago

Daveh99 in Ballston Spa, New York said: I'm pretty sure the gray ones. I'm wondering if we stencil the sweatshirt as well. Also I can't find sweat shorts anywhere! Are grey mesh ok? I know Walmart has really nice selection of gray sweats, tee's and sweatshirts in case anybody had trouble finding them.

Go to sports authority they have 3 pk in sale mafe by champion

17 months ago

On sale

25431 in Tampa, Florida

17 months ago

I was wondering if anyone knew how to get ahold of your investigator. For the last 3 weeks I have tried calling and it rings once and goes straight to voicemail.I have left two messages and neither of them have been returned. Is this normal considering how busy they may be with other investigations going on. I completed my 1 on 1 on march 6. Got an 80 on the test and have not heard a thing. My references and Forman also have heard nothing. Any advice?

17 months ago

25431 in Tampa, Florida said: I was wondering if anyone knew how to get ahold of your investigator. For the last 3 weeks I have tried calling and it rings once and goes straight to voicemail.I have left two messages and neither of them have been returned. Is this normal considering how busy they may be with other investigations going on. I completed my 1 on 1 on march 6. Got an 80 on the test and have not heard a thing. My references and Forman also have heard nothing. Any advice?

Keep calling.don't bother leaving to many messages . These investigators have a lot of people to investigate . I just kept calling 9-5pm till I got him and not the machine.

omw2beaCO in Brooklyn, New York

17 months ago

Congrats to everyone who got the call been following this forum for some time now test 25-431 score 75 1on1 in May anyone have an idea when the 75's will be called?

Andrew31286 in Yorkville, New York

17 months ago

omw2beaCO in Brooklyn, New York said: Congrats to everyone who got the call been following this forum for some time now test 25-431 score 75 1on1 in May anyone have an idea when the 75's will be called?

I got same score and did 1on1 same time only thing my investigator called my current boss for reference last month but nothing since then

Steelieboyrookie in Valley stream, New York

17 months ago

Anyone on this forum who got the call for the 8&22,did they call any of the refereces that you put on the application we filled out to bring to the agility,just wondering.

25431 in syracuse, New York

17 months ago

Ok thanks. I was curious BC like I said my references nor my Forman have been contacted yet. Everytime I call I get one quick ring then voicemail. Doesn't matter what time I call. Maybe that means she's on the phone idk

17 months ago

25431 in syracuse, New York said: Ok thanks. I was curious BC like I said my references nor my Forman have been contacted yet. Everytime I call I get one quick ring then voicemail. Doesn't matter what time I call. Maybe that means she's on the phone idk

When was your 1on1 and what was your score

Steelieboyrookie in Valley stream, New York

17 months ago

References

omw2beaCO in Brooklyn, New York

17 months ago

Andrew31286 in Yorkville, New York said: I got same score and did 1on1 same time only thing my investigator called my current boss for reference last month but nothing since then

They just started calling people in the 80's so 75's should be very soon fingers crossed

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

25431 in syracuse, New York

17 months ago

My 1 on 1 was on march 6 and I scored an 80 on the test.

17 months ago

omw2beaCO in Brooklyn, New York said: They just started calling people in the 80's so 75's should be very soon fingers crossed

This year I hope

17 months ago

Depending on the needs of each prison are new officers limited to a certain amount of overtime hours or are they more so expected to accept all mandates and stride to work OT?

17 months ago

Are the rooms 4 to a room or 2 just curious

sq 7 in Brooklyn, New York

17 months ago

queens hopeful 25431 in South Ozone Park, New York said: Are the rooms 4 to a room or 2 just curious

Some are 3. Others are 4

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

17 months ago

sq 7 in Brooklyn, New York said: Some are 3. Others are 4

Brooklyn NY! Lot of dogs up that way.

My question:

Is it best to lie to your girl so as to prevent a fight? I'm serious now.

Thank you for your response ahead of time.

somedieforthisx in Schenectady, New York

17 months ago

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York said: Brooklyn NY! Lot of dogs up that way.

My question:

Is it best to lie to your girl so as to prevent a fight? I'm serious now.

Thank you for your response ahead of time.

why lie? whats to fight about?

Page:  « First « Previous   282  283  284  285  286  287  288  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.