NY Correctional Academy

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16001 to 16050 of 23322)
Page:  « First « Previous   318  319  320  321  322  323  324  Next »   Last »

Momgoingin in Queens Village, New York

12 months ago

My one on one was January 28 and my score was 85. And thanks I'm hyped!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Andrew31286 in Yorkville, New York

12 months ago

Momgoingin in Queens Village, New York said: My one on one was January 28 and my score was 85. And thanks I'm hyped!

Wow I thought they where on 75's and u had 1on1 almost a year ago

12 months ago

A question about OJT.... Do you get days off? And if you have a pre-arranged engagement that's important will they let you have that time off?

12 months ago

Andrew31286 in Yorkville, New York said: Wow I thought they where on 75's and u had 1on1 almost a year ago

It was suppose to say 75 not 85

12 months ago

Momgoingin in Queens Village, New York said: It was suppose to say 75 not 85

Yea had my 1on1 in june so idk might have a while

12 months ago

Andrew31286 in Yorkville, New York said: Yea had my 1on1 in june so idk might have a while

The call will come don't think about it that's how it happened for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

12 months ago

BSOdeputy- in Saugerties, New York said: Yeah weekends off throughout OJT. No, you can't have any time off aside from weekends during OJT phase.

Thank you I would hate to loose a few grand.

jonnyco in Auburn, New York

12 months ago

Momgoingin in Queens Village, New York said: The call will come don't think about it that's how it happened for me.

did they call come from an Albany phone number and how long was the call

Steelieboyrookie in Valley stream, New York

12 months ago

Wow momgoing in almost a year,I was talking to my wife last night and she was saying if you don't get a call by March 2014,i should concentrate on my dialysis certification,my thing is am getting old,I need Job security and Retirement not only 401k.

Steelieboyrookie in Valley stream, New York

12 months ago

Congrats Momgoing in,all the best to you.

gf07 in Elmira, New York

12 months ago

Andrew31286 in Yorkville, New York said: Yea had my 1on1 in june so idk might have a while

The 75's a year ago were from the previous list that expired in July of 2013.

gf07 in Elmira, New York

12 months ago

Momgoingin in Queens Village, New York said: A question about OJT.... Do you get days off? And if you have a pre-arranged engagement that's important will they let you have that time off?

It depends on what it is, you can put a to from in to the sergeant at the academy, you generally can get a day off for Dr's and such, OJT, you put a to from in to the Lt., I know of a guy that got a day off for a wedding that he was in. Totally depends on the jail but they may give you an occurrence.

Ready for call in Southbury, Connecticut

12 months ago

Call the 70's

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Chris14626 in Rochester, New York

12 months ago

I also scored a 85 and ranked 839 on my letter... this is very odd

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ANYLEO in New York, New York

12 months ago

Does anyone have any idea when the next academy would be after drc. 30th?

cuse in Ogdensburg, New York

12 months ago

All I know is two classes graduate in January so that will leave room for a couple new ones to go through..

12 months ago

gf07 in Elmira, New York said: The 75's a year ago were from the previous list that expired in July of 2013.

I got 75 on test from 2010

cosoon in Syracuse, New York

12 months ago

So guys and gals....I'm sure no one can answer this with any guarantee but I'm going down Monday the 16th for Med/agility and BI....with that being said how soon after those are done should I be doing my written psych? Also once written psych is done how soon after for the oral? I'm sure this has been answered however I have no search function display on my phone. Any help is appreciated!

12 months ago

cosoon in Syracuse, New York said: So guys and gals....I'm sure no one can answer this with any guarantee but I'm going down Monday the 16th for Med/agility and BI....with that being said how soon after those are done should I be doing my written psych? Also once written psych is done how soon after for the oral? I'm sure this has been answered however I have no search function display on my phone. Any help is appreciated!

When I went at the beginning of April, I did my med/agility and met with my background investigator all in one day. About 2-3 weeks after that I took my written psych test. Then I would say within 1-2 weeks after that I took the psych test and had my 1 on 1 May 4th.. So the process took me maybe a little over 1 month and everything was done.. Everyone is different but that should at least give you an idea of what to expect.

12 months ago

1-2 weeks after I took my psych test I had my 1 on 1**** (just correcting something I screwed up above)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SpankVidio in Queens, New York

12 months ago

Med/Agility and investigator was April 4th took my written April 20, and im guessing since im in NYC my 1 on 1 was May 23rd,some people based on where they chose to go was sooner than my appointment. Timetables vary. And like cuse said,this will give you an idea of how long or fast the stages are.....btw I dont recall when I received my medical letter saying that i was physically fit for the position.

dave in Buffalo, New York

12 months ago

Bso. when do they come out with where your numbers are to come to area home town

12 months ago

Thanks for the help guys! I sure do appreciate it! Also....I know there is a wait time between getting all of this done and getting called for the academy....however how long have some of you waited so far?

12 months ago

I think most of us waiting had our 1 on 1's early May and after.. So for me it's going on almost 8 months, but movement seems to be going fairly quickly as far as how quickly new classes are getting pushed through. I think what slowed down a lot of us is they really didn't run any summer academies.

Sharknado in Kinderhook, New York

12 months ago

cosoon in Syracuse, New York said: Thanks for the help guys! I sure do appreciate it! Also....I know there is a wait time between getting all of this done and getting called for the academy....however how long have some of you waited so far?

8 months ago was my one on one, still waiting

Armando J Correa in Wappingers Falls, New York

12 months ago

Good evening everyone. New to this forum. I have read just about every page in this forum. BSOdeputy has been on point and has answered every question some of you guys are asking. I took the 25256 test back in April 2013. I received my score at the end of August. Canvas letter I received 2wks ago. I received my background packet last week and was told to report on December 23rd, 2013 for my med/physical and background. I have a friend who is currently employed with NYS DOCCS and according to him he says my process has been really fast compared to when he was going through this process. Hopefully the psych/1 on 1 comes along quickly after my appointment on the 23rd. Hoping this fast processing means I will get into the academy soon and not have to wait months to get in. Anyone else going December 23rd for the med/physical/background?

12 months ago

Correction...25626 was my exam #

Co2b in Whitesboro, New York

12 months ago

Armando J Correa in Wappingers Falls, New York said: Correction...25626 was my exam #

What was your score/rank, if I may ask...

12 months ago

Co2b in Whitesboro, New York said: What was your score/rank, if I may ask...

I scored a 90% and rank is 128

H@@PY in Bronx, New York

12 months ago

Armando J Correa in Wappingers Falls, New York said: I scored a 90% and rank is 128[/

Are you on the list for the spanish also ?

Pick me! in Bronx, New York

12 months ago

Armando J Correa in Wappingers Falls, New York said: I scored a 90% and rank is 128
I received my canvass like two weeks ago also. If you got it that fast I'm gonna camp out by my mailbox like it was Black Friday ! Good luck bro.

12 months ago

H@@PY in Bronx, New York said:

Happy. Are you ? Cuz I am. Score rank ? I'm 80 rank 71 Spanish list.

12 months ago

H@@PY in Bronx, New York said:

No I am not. Didn't realize the Spanish test till late. Definitely wished I had though.

12 months ago

Pick me! in Bronx, New York said: I received my canvass like two weeks ago also. If you got it that fast I'm gonna camp out by my mailbox like it was Black Friday ! Good luck bro.

Definitely camp by that mailbox lol. I wasn't expecting anything that after the canvas letter and was surprised when I received the packet. Good luck to you as well!

H@@PY in Bronx, New York

12 months ago

Pick me! in Bronx, New York said: Happy. Are you ? Cuz I am. Score rank ? I'm 80 rank 71 Spanish list.

Yes I am in the 100s. I have Been through a difficult process I was working for DOCCS for almost 2 years I want to be discreet what was my title. But all I have to said is that I chose not to go into the academy 1 year and half ago when they had called me for it. I decided to stay Doing what I was doing thinking that the job that I was doing was going to be permanent. Until one day I received an email from my union rep saying we need to take an exam for our position by then it was to late my exam had expire (24-997) yes i know 08. I thanks god for giving me that opportunity to work for this awesome agency that I hope to someday work for it again.

H@@PY in Bronx, New York

12 months ago

Armando J Correa in Wappingers Falls, New York said: No I am not. Didn't realize the Spanish test till late. Definitely wished I had though.

You should call civil service and tell them to put you on. You never know give it a try.

Co2b in Whitesboro, New York

12 months ago

Armando J Correa in Wappingers Falls, New York said: I scored a 90% and rank is 128

That's great! I'm a 90 too just under 200....

12 months ago

anyone on here going down December 16th for med agility and BI?

12 months ago

Bso do you think it possible to be put on the Spanish list if you took the test not knowing of its existence ? I'm on it but a friend of mine took the test and didn't know about it at the time.

gf07 in Elmira, New York

12 months ago

BSOdeputy- in Saugerties, New York said: That would t fly at my jail by the way. You would have to bang In

Yeah, it wasn't Elmira, either. I think it was Greenhaven or some place in that area, and the groom was also a co. And thanks for the correction, lol.

gf07 in Elmira, New York

12 months ago

Andrew31286 in Yorkville, New York said: I got 75 on test from 2010

It was the 165 test, I believe, which was from 2007 or 2008.

gf07 in Elmira, New York

12 months ago

Pick me! in Bronx, New York said: Bso do you think it possible to be put on the Spanish list if you took the test not knowing of its existence ? I'm on it but a friend of mine took the test and didn't know about it at the time.

No, Civil Service has to abide by laws and one of them is that you have to apply for that position before the test is administered.

gf07 in Elmira, New York

12 months ago

Armando J Correa in Wappingers Falls, New York said: Definitely camp by that mailbox lol. I wasn't expecting anything that after the canvas letter and was surprised when I received the packet. Good luck to you as well!

It will take at least 6 months from the time that you complete your one on one. You have to understand that there are thousands of people that are going through the process at once and it takes lots of time. There are still 70's that are just beginning to process along with 75's and 80's waiting for the call. You can expect the wait, especially since they closed the academy for several months.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

gf07 in Elmira, New York

12 months ago

dave in Buffalo, New York said: Bso. when do they come out with where your numbers are to come to area home town

Some jails are easy and will show you when you ask, others only pull them for you once a week. You have to be on the list before you can have your numbers. If you are trying to get West, your best bet is to go to 5 points, it is a short list with lots of movement. The mediums that way take months to a year longer.

12 months ago

gf07 in Elmira, New York said: It was the 165 test, I believe, which was from 2007 or 2008.

They are calling of the 2010 test now they don't call the 100-80s on one yes and then go back to older test and call 75-70s that don't make any sense

12 months ago

Im from 25431 and scored an 85. Never got a canvass so I sent in my own. I'm heading in Monday for med agility/BI. Hopeful I get processed quickly along with everyone else!

gf07 in Elmira, New York

12 months ago

Andrew31286 in Yorkville, New York said: They are calling of the 2010 test now they don't call the 100-80s on one yes and then go back to older test and call 75-70s that don't make any sense

They are starting your process, they can not jump to a future list until the current list is exhausted. The 75's and 70's have gone through the part that you are now starting. If you were referring to the previous post, about the other test, it said that they were called last year, in December and January. You can expect at least a minimum of a six month wait after your 1 on 1. There are a lot of people that still have to go through the academy that have been processed.

Mommy-to-a-Princess in Poughkeepsie, New York

12 months ago

cosoon in Syracuse, New York said: Im from 25431 and scored an 85. Never got a canvass so I sent in my own. I'm heading in Monday for med agility/BI. Hopeful I get processed quickly along with everyone else!

I had the same problem 80 on 25431 didn't receive my canvass. I called them in April, had med/agility in May, written in June and 1 on 1 in August. Now I'm going to Academy on the 30th. Going on how things went with me it shouldn't be to long for you. Good Luck!

Momgoingin in Maywood, New Jersey

12 months ago

Mommy-to-a-Princess in Poughkeepsie, New York said: I had the same problem 80 on 25431 didn't receive my canvass. I called them in April, had med/agility in May, written in June and 1 on 1 in August. Now I'm going to Academy on the 30th. Going on how things went with me it shouldn't be to long for you. Good Luck!

Im going in on the 30th as well, female, maybe we will get to meet.

Movinalong in Palmer, Massachusetts

12 months ago

Getting close to my year on the job! Test 25431. It's a long process and believe it or not the academy is the best part of the whole process. For those going into the academy STICK IT OUT! It's not as bad as it seems at first. You'll learn to love it after a couple weeks. For those of you that will be far from home save your money. The first six months I was spending about $650 a month between gas, tolls from commuting across the state and money for a dump apt I shared with 5 other people. I'm not home yet but I'm close to home and I'm really liking the job. Be strong for your first year it gets better. Where else are you going to find a job with these benefits, decent wage and better job security than in the private sector. I had a good job before I came in and I considered not being a CO but now a year later people from my old job are being laid off. That could have been me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   318  319  320  321  322  323  324  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.