NY Correctional Academy

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16001 to 16050 of 31762)
Page:  « First « Previous   318  319  320  321  322  323  324  Next »   Last »

gf07 in Elmira, New York

34 months ago

dave in Buffalo, New York said: Bso. when do they come out with where your numbers are to come to area home town

Some jails are easy and will show you when you ask, others only pull them for you once a week. You have to be on the list before you can have your numbers. If you are trying to get West, your best bet is to go to 5 points, it is a short list with lots of movement. The mediums that way take months to a year longer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

andrew31286 in Yorkville, New York

34 months ago

gf07 in Elmira, New York said: It was the 165 test, I believe, which was from 2007 or 2008.

They are calling of the 2010 test now they don't call the 100-80s on one yes and then go back to older test and call 75-70s that don't make any sense

cosoon in Syracuse, New York

34 months ago

Im from 25431 and scored an 85. Never got a canvass so I sent in my own. I'm heading in Monday for med agility/BI. Hopeful I get processed quickly along with everyone else!

gf07 in Elmira, New York

34 months ago

Andrew31286 in Yorkville, New York said: They are calling of the 2010 test now they don't call the 100-80s on one yes and then go back to older test and call 75-70s that don't make any sense

They are starting your process, they can not jump to a future list until the current list is exhausted. The 75's and 70's have gone through the part that you are now starting. If you were referring to the previous post, about the other test, it said that they were called last year, in December and January. You can expect at least a minimum of a six month wait after your 1 on 1. There are a lot of people that still have to go through the academy that have been processed.

Mommy-to-a-Princess in Poughkeepsie, New York

34 months ago

cosoon in Syracuse, New York said: Im from 25431 and scored an 85. Never got a canvass so I sent in my own. I'm heading in Monday for med agility/BI. Hopeful I get processed quickly along with everyone else!

I had the same problem 80 on 25431 didn't receive my canvass. I called them in April, had med/agility in May, written in June and 1 on 1 in August. Now I'm going to Academy on the 30th. Going on how things went with me it shouldn't be to long for you. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Momgoingin in Maywood, New Jersey

34 months ago

Mommy-to-a-Princess in Poughkeepsie, New York said: I had the same problem 80 on 25431 didn't receive my canvass. I called them in April, had med/agility in May, written in June and 1 on 1 in August. Now I'm going to Academy on the 30th. Going on how things went with me it shouldn't be to long for you. Good Luck!

Im going in on the 30th as well, female, maybe we will get to meet.

Movinalong in Palmer, Massachusetts

34 months ago

Getting close to my year on the job! Test 25431. It's a long process and believe it or not the academy is the best part of the whole process. For those going into the academy STICK IT OUT! It's not as bad as it seems at first. You'll learn to love it after a couple weeks. For those of you that will be far from home save your money. The first six months I was spending about $650 a month between gas, tolls from commuting across the state and money for a dump apt I shared with 5 other people. I'm not home yet but I'm close to home and I'm really liking the job. Be strong for your first year it gets better. Where else are you going to find a job with these benefits, decent wage and better job security than in the private sector. I had a good job before I came in and I considered not being a CO but now a year later people from my old job are being laid off. That could have been me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

Momgoingin in Maywood, New Jersey said: Im going in on the 30th as well, female, maybe we will get to meet.

It would be nice to talk to someone that's preparing as well email me if your would like to talk Crisano@live.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Stephypooh in Bronx, New York

34 months ago

Movinalong in Palmer, Massachusetts said: Getting close to my year on the job! Test 25431. It's a long process and believe it or not the academy is the best part of the whole process. For those going into the academy STICK IT OUT! It's not as bad as it seems at first. You'll learn to love it after a couple weeks. For those of you that will be far from home save your money. The first six months I was spending about $650 a month between gas, tolls from commuting across the state and money for a dump apt I shared with 5 other people. I'm not home yet but I'm close to home and I'm really liking the job. Be strong for your first year it gets better. Where else are you going to find a job with these benefits, decent wage and better job security than in the private sector. I had a good job before I came in and I considered not being a CO but now a year later people from my old job are being laid off. That could have been me.

If you dont mind me asking- which facility were you placed at ? How long was your drive to and from work ?

34 months ago

Yet another probably already answered question....do I hand in any paperwork to the folks for med/agility or does it all go to the BI? Also....do I have time to change after med/agility?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Buffalo, New York

34 months ago

gf07 in Elmira, New York said: Some jails are easy and will show you when you ask, others only pull them for you once a week. You have to be on the list before you can have your numbers. If you are trying to get West, your best bet is to go to 5 points, it is a short list with lots of movement. The mediums that way take months to a year longer.

Willard is about the same wait as 5 points.

34 months ago

Mommy-to-a-Princess in Poughkeepsie, New York said: It would be nice to talk to someone that's preparing as well email me if your would like to talk Crisano@live.com[/QUO

I will do.

34 months ago

I must admit I made a huge mistake:
Scored 85 on the exam 25431...NYC was 75.

34 months ago

jonnyco in Auburn, New York said: did they call come from an Albany phone number and how long was the call

Call came from Albany, phone was dead I missed it, called me again Monday and i missed that one too. I returned the call on Wednesday, my investigator was out. Got the final 3rd call on Wednesday but another investigator. My investigator called me again today not realizing a co-worker beat him to the punch. This position has my name all over it!

10point in Fredonia, New York

34 months ago

cosoon in Syracuse, New York said: Yet another probably already answered question....do I hand in any paperwork to the folks for med/agility or does it all go to the BI? Also....do I have time to change after med/agility?

Take ur packet n with u an driver license u fill out more papers there an be ready for urine test then at end of it u get ur dress clothes an change inside bldg b4 going bout 15 min down rd to c investigator more paperwork

34 months ago

10point in Fredonia, New York said: Take ur packet n with u an driver license u fill out more papers there an be ready for urine test then at end of it u get ur dress clothes an change inside bldg b4 going bout 15 min down rd to c investigator more paperwork

Thanks so much~

34 months ago

Well it looks like I'll be driving through a big ass storm Sunday! It's worth every bit of it though...a better future for my kids and family! Upstate to Albany I can do this!

Momgoingin in Bronx, New York

34 months ago

Question about the grey: is it light grey or dark grey?

34 months ago

cosoon in Syracuse, New York said: Well it looks like I'll be driving through a big ass storm Sunday! It's worth every bit of it though...a better future for my kids and family! Upstate to Albany I can do this!

U shood Hav no probblm I'm 48 an did ok oh an I drive 360 miles to get there but good wether good luck

34 months ago

Momgoingin in Bronx, New York said: Question about the grey: is it light grey or dark grey?

Hope lite grey the academy video had lite swets got shirts at Michaels an shorts at kohls

mfos89 in Brooklyn, New York

34 months ago

Lostnfound in Painted Post, New York said: Sometimes the psychologist may think you are a little young and need more life experience. It may have nothing to do with your suicidal thoughts at all. They also judge on appearance, body language, eye contact etc. There are several non verbal clues psychologists use to evaluate a person. I think everyone may have suicidal ideations at some point in their adolescence. I would not panic and start saying a scripted line about how suicide is selfish. Tell the truth. The biggest eliminator is the written psychological exam. People get tripped up on it. Although a good sociopath could always pass that exam with out a doubt. I wish you all the best. Sometimes it is just fluke and other times they have legitimate concerns over your competency to be a correctional officer.

Thanks for the answer I recieved my letter for my appeal which was on december 9th, It says "the board has recommended your continued psychological disqualification", I guess your were right they probably feel I need more life experience.

shaneparish in Buffalo, New York

34 months ago

3 weeks at the academy left and I'll be hitting ojt. I have to say its been fun

Mamabear in Port Jervis, New York

34 months ago

3 more weeks to go!!!! So exciting!!! However I will miss several people from our class :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

FutureCO in Saugerties, New York

34 months ago

Shane parish in Buffalo, New York said: 3 weeks at the academy left and I'll be hitting ojt. I have to say its been fun

Congrats! If you dont mind me asking what does the PT consist of?

34 months ago

BSO the list you posted has so much more on it than the list I just received in the mail, it actually doesn't even mention stencils, towels and a few other things. Will they give us a hard time for bringing so much extra?

Momgoingin in Brooklyn, New York

34 months ago

Got my appiontment packet!!!!

34 months ago

I'll definitely be taking your advice I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to bring unnecessary attention on myself.

jq1006 in Brooklyn, New York

34 months ago

Hello Everyone,
I'm on the NYS corrections exam from 2010 and I'm scheduled for this Monday 12/16/13 to attend the medical/agility and meet with my investigator

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

JQ1006 in Brooklyn, New York said: Hello Everyone,
I'm on the NYS corrections exam from 2010 and I'm scheduled for this Monday 12/16/13 to attend the medical/agility and meet with my investigator

Me too! I'll be seeing you there. What was your score?

letzgobuffalo in Huntington, Massachusetts

34 months ago

Hello everyone! Embarrassing question here. I was recently sent a canvas letter for the 2013 exam and I want to know if my "experimental" marijuana usage 6+ yrs ago will DQ me. I know it was stupid but I was young and dumb.

gf07 in Elmira, New York

34 months ago

LETZGOBUFFALO in Huntington, Massachusetts said: Hello everyone! Embarrassing question here. I was recently sent a canvas letter for the 2013 exam and I want to know if my "experimental" marijuana usage 6+ yrs ago will DQ me. I know it was stupid but I was young and dumb.

No you will be fine, just make sure that you tell them and be honest. Don't try to cover it up, people have issues when they hide it and lie about it, then they forget what they said before and get caught in the lie and DQ'ed.

34 months ago

If anyone is heading down tonight be careful! I plan on leaving upstate around 4pm or so....I want to be able to find my way to the Med agility place the night before. I'm sure I'll see some of you there.

jf728 in Syracuse, New York

34 months ago

A question for anyone. The fitness test is similar to what the Williard video shows?? Or is it more of "can you move your fingers and toes type of fit test?

Ready for call in Auburn, New York

34 months ago

cosoon in Syracuse, New York said: If anyone is heading down tonight be careful! I plan on leaving upstate around 4pm or so....I want to be able to find my way to the Med agility place the night before. I'm sure I'll see some of you there.

Tip for where the agility location the doors are in the back of building and bring nothing but your license

34 months ago

Ready for call in Auburn, New York said: Tip for where the agility location the doors are in the back of building and bring nothing but your license

Thank you! I was going to ask that question!

34 months ago

I'm staying in a hotel and I can't leave my things!! What am I suppose to do

34 months ago

I scored a 75 *says it with shame*

omw2beaCO in Brooklyn, New York

34 months ago

JQ1006 in Brooklyn, New York said: I'm staying in a hotel and I can't leave my things!! What am I suppose to do

You can take your things in with you. They give you a locker. I stayed in a hotel as well and had to do the same thing. Pack as light as you can.

SpankVidio in Queens, New York

34 months ago

JQ1006 in Brooklyn, New York said: I'm staying in a hotel and I can't leave my things!! What am I suppose to do

The night I went up to Albany I just had the clothes on my back,my agility clothes in a gym bag,and my suit. Idk if your driving but it stayed in my car.

34 months ago

Is there a place to change after med agility?

34 months ago

Where is everyone driving from?

SpankVidio in Queens, New York

34 months ago

cosoon in Syracuse, New York said: Is there a place to change after med agility?

There is a changing area in the office,you can run to your car grab your suit and change,some people changed in cars,in the lot. Idk how they changed in the lot as cold as it was lol.

upon1gsxer in New York, New York

34 months ago

cosoon in Syracuse, New York said: Is there a place to change after med agility?

I changed in the bathroom

34 months ago

Good to know thanks!

34 months ago

omw2beaCO in Brooklyn, New York said: You can take your things in with you. They give you a locker. I stayed in a hotel as well and had to do the same thing. Pack as light as you can.

Thank u...I have my purse a 1bag with all my things...I'm on greyhound rite now!!

34 months ago

Another question...did u have to bring transcripts for the schools you've attended because the booklet didn't say

34 months ago

JQ1006 in Brooklyn, New York said: Another question...did u have to bring transcripts for the schools you've attended because the booklet didn't say

I only brought high school because that's all that was required for CO trainee. Unless I misread it that is.

34 months ago

It didn't say anything About transcripts at all..I have my diploma and my degree...I guess I'll be sending him some things if I'm missing paperwork

jayb1656 in Clinton, New York

34 months ago

Ya I just brought my diploma and I called and asked if he needed paperwork and said no he would call if he needed anything

34 months ago

jayb1656 in Clinton, New York said: Ya I just brought my diploma and I called and asked if he needed paperwork and said no he would call if he needed anything

Yea because I know for the city...u have to bring everything..transcripts, driving record, and ur social security earnings statement...the state doesn't ask for any of this..I was surprised or maybe they get it themselves

Page:  « First « Previous   318  319  320  321  322  323  324  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.