NY Correctional Academy

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 23210)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

Mini me in Brooklyn, New York

55 months ago

@ Angel.. yes.. and like i said he mentioned an end of summer class.. i was goin to take the written test May 22.. he highly suggested i dont wait that long because it does take a while to get back one on one results.. i was avoiding the 8 hour round trip drive in the same week.. so i took the written that same weekend.. and i was in bed all saturday nite and sunday from that ride.. i was not feeling it at all..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

NY cruz in Montgomery, New York

55 months ago

Well guys, i will be going for my physical and investigator assignment next tuesday. I do medical transports from hospitals to state corrections all the time and the CO's told me NY state is holding regular academy classes now. That was recent as of last week he told me so things should be moving more regularly now.

cgaz23 in Brooklyn, New York

55 months ago

DO you think its ok to call your investigator and ask them your status ? Or should i just sit back and wait for the call to come.

Angel921 in Yonkers, New York

55 months ago

@ cgaz
If u wanna call u can... thats what there there for, Im sure people call them all the time. If it'll make u sleep better at night, give it a shot. Good luck, let me know how it goes..

Mini me in Brooklyn, New York

55 months ago

Me personally i wont call.. ill wait for the surprise one day.. hopefully it wont be when i am a way in cabo mexico on vacation lol

still waiting in Holley, New York

55 months ago

concerning calling your investigator.
that has no help to get you to the top of the list.
when i got the call from my investigator back in febuary to make sure my info was up to date, i asked her what determines who gets called or not and she said she has no idea who's going to be selected. she said all she does is she recieves a list with the names on it and she has to start calling them to see if they are still interested. selection comes from the higher up staff. the only thing that they can tell you is if they are selecting from the test list that you are on and if they have started selecting people from the score bracket that you got on the exam. luckily my name was drawn 2 weeks ago and i start the academy this sunday.

55 months ago

@ still waiting
How long did it take after you did your 1 on 1 psych to get the call for the academy .

Nikkilava in Alden, New York

55 months ago

My husband got the call and and he is going June 7 to the acadamy...peace out and good luck to everyone!!!

55 months ago

@ nikkilava in alden

How long was your husband awaiting to get the call , and congrats on the call good luck ..

pammiela in Angola, New York

55 months ago

Wondering in Fredonia, New York said: My husband took the test over two years ago, got his canvas letter back in February I think, went to Albany this week for testing, and is going back to Albany May 22 for his Psych eval. After all this, when is the soonest we can expect him to get into the academy? Is there any rhyme or reason for all this or is it all luck? because it seems like many people wait years and some don't wait long at all.

hey...i was there with him on the 22nd lol from derby...should set up a fb page for carpooling...lol...I do june 3rd to roch for the 1on1 psych eval..should go quick to the academy from what i was told thee are a lot of retirees this year...good luck!!!!

wondering in Dunkirk, New York

55 months ago

@pammiella

my husband goes for his psych 1 on 1 on June 5th in Rochester. We're hoping it'll go quick..fingers crossed!! Good luck to you also!!

Nikkilava in Alden, New York

55 months ago

My hubby has been waiting since Oct. of 2007...but now that the hiring freeze is over, it should be moving along much faster for everyone...hope you guys all get called soon!!!

55 months ago

Its been a month today since my 1 on 1 with the psychologist. Still no word yet. I know they said it could take up to 2 months to hear anything. Keeping my fingers crossed for that call.

55 months ago

@ Angel 921

Hey angel i've been waiting 2 months and i haven't heard anything but my B.I. told me that no news is good news .

55 months ago

@Cgaz

Yea Ive been told the same. I think we took our tests a whole year apart... its funny how were moving at the same pace. The only difference is I took the Spanish Language exam. Mine was October 2008. Yours was in 2007 right? Idk about you but Im real anxious to hopefully get that call...lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

@ Ange921

Yeah i heard they are trying to push like 12 classes though , but thats just word of mouth and im super anxious i just dont want to relay on the call if it comes it comes . Like the psych doctor said just go on living your everyday life . Its cool when you can talk to someone going though the same thing you .

55 months ago

@Cgaz

12 classes for the year? I hear ya on just living your life, but its so hard when something you want so badly is hopefully right around the corner...but im doin what I gotta do in the meantime. Just keeping my fingers crossed.

T ROD in Brooklyn, New York

55 months ago

Angel i dont know what you will do with yourself if your still here 3 years from now like everyone else lmaooo..... relax man..

55 months ago

lol @ trod...jus let me be excited for something...nothing good ever happens for me, hoping this time it will...dont go n rain on my parade now...im just conversating on here like EVERYONE else does...u know how many time Ive seen people ask the same question OVER N OVER again... its called being ANXIOUS... it happens in situations like this...cant help but to be curious on how everyone else in the same situation is doin...

PS...im sure I wont be in this situation 3 years from now... the only reason people have waited so long is b/c of that hiring freeze...stuff is moving now

55 months ago

Holy geezz sorry u got sensitive.. i didnt mean to "rain on your parade" BE EXCITED BE EXCITED... It wasent that serious. its that you sound like a little boy waitin for christmas to come to open that psp or xbox game lol.. and boy oh boy i rained on your parade on here imagine what an immate can do.. hmmm..

55 months ago

as per nothing good ever happens to you.. i believe that when something is for you noone or nothing can take it away.. so keep on pushing..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

and think about it.. im on that spanish list with you.. if i get in with you i am goin to be ur bully lmaooo lol..

55 months ago

I was making a joke Trod...trust me Im far from sensitive...I just like the fact that I can BS on here wit other people in the same boat... no need to try n play me...

55 months ago

LMAOOOO!!! good one... BRING IT TROD!! aaahahaha, ur a funny one!! Thanks for the laugh!!

55 months ago

Nahh but seriously... its cool they got these forums for "ancy" people like me...lol and the hundreds of others out there... good luck Trod!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

@ trod and angel921

You 2 guys need to go out for dinner and a drink , actually we should all meet up and hang and talk about this wait and maybe treat angel to some dinner so something good can happen ... joke Like trod said you guys are going to be in the same class and roomys watch .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

LOL Im good... everything I said was a joke, I hope theres no hard feelings... and I highly doubt we'll be roomies.. I think Trod is a female... Im a guy, im sure they dont put men and woman in the same rooms.. lol if ur not a female... MY BADDDD!!! Its just what I thought from comments made in previous posts...

55 months ago

lmao yes i am a female.. trust me when u meet me u gonna wish you could room with me lmaorofl..

55 months ago

someone is quite confident... lol

55 months ago

haha soorry i had to go there.. i was jokin as well... and trust me if i wanted to play you i would of made u cry lol.. i hear you tho on how u feel.. but on a serious note.. this process is a big deal and to be rejected is a bad bad feeling so its best to be e-z, chill, and just hope for the best other than let your thoughts get the best of you..

55 months ago

no not confident im SUREEEE!!! lol

55 months ago

@cgaz yeah lets take this guy out to dinner.. give him a few drinks e-zzzzzzzz e-zzzzzzzz

55 months ago

Cgaz you in Brooklyn so am i.. im in park slope.. Angel your in Yonkers.. so thats 2 against the one.. your driving down to Brooklyn lol..

55 months ago

Angel the best thing that might happen to you is meeting me lmaoorolfffffffffff ayy im so into myself i gotta stop lolol..

55 months ago

LOL... trust me u wouldnt make me "cry", I hope a grown man my age wouldnt be crying over what a female said... lol if so, they shouldnt be applying for a Correctional officer. lol

Im chillin tho, got my job on focused on now, thats keeping me real occupied, just enjoy the forums.

55 months ago

have one of those??? ayyyyyyyyyyy this is where i put my brakes lol cause i could go in on that one but this is not the place so errrrrrrrrrr.. Angel words hurt more than a cantazo lol.. and a man that does not cry is not a man : )

55 months ago

Brooklyn is a pain in the ass to go to...guess ill just wait to see u guys in the academy (if all goes well)

ANNNDD YESS trod ur WAYYY to into urslef lmao... correction: the best thing that could happen to me is getting that "call", def not worrying about other females, I already got one of those.. lol

55 months ago

I got nothing to cry about, so i dont cry. Im actually pretty happy tho. When Theres something to be sad about, I deal wit it then...

55 months ago

and yes i am into myself.. thats because i can back it up!!!! do you have a pet name for your "one of those" lolmao.

55 months ago

ok we takin this forum out of context..... back to the anxious angel.. lol... i hope you get that call tonite..

55 months ago

"actually pretty happy" for someone who said that nothing good ever happens to him. ummm im not convinced lol

55 months ago

Woahhhh... I didnt say nothing out of context.. lol

If I can see clearly, u began it about 10 posts back... there was no stopping u.. so I let u rock...lmaoo

Yesss lets get back on subject, good luck to u... and i aint holdin my breath for a call for atleast the next couple months. ill keep u posted

55 months ago

I meant job wise... every other aspect is just fine

55 months ago

Wooahhh correction "I" took this forum out of context cough cough.. ok Angel did that bend you back into shape lol.. yes please please keep us posted.. seriously.. lol

55 months ago

@ TROD

Im also in park slope brooklyn what a small world

55 months ago

@ cgaz lol oh man i hope i dont know you lol.. good thats means u driving if we go upstate lol.. i hate driving..

55 months ago

when did you take the test ??????

55 months ago

April 2009

55 months ago

I took the spanish.. out of 3500 who took the exam only 130 are on the spanish list..

jslavick in Cortland, New York

55 months ago

angel - I took the medical / agility on March 16, 2010, then the written psych on April 10, 2010. I met the psychologist on May 8,2010. The psychologist said that if I didn't hear in 1 to 2 months, call my investigator. And like I said, I haven't heard anything, which I hope is a good thing.

Now, like everyone else, I'm anxious and this job would do wonders for us financially, etc. Not "making" it, would be a major let down. I felt really good when I met the psych, we laughed a little bit, and he seemed very nice....

P.S. You guys crack me up with some of your posts. I pray we all make it and meet. I'd be like a dysfunctional family reunion...LOL.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.