NY Correctional Academy

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2051 to 2100 of 24261)
Page:  « First « Previous   39  40  41  42  43  44  45  Next »   Last »

Nervous N da City in Bronx, New York

51 months ago

Please speak in laymans terms I dont speak Corrections yet......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

chris in Pleasant Valley, New York

51 months ago

Nervous N da City in Bronx, New York said: Please speak in laymans terms I dont speak Corrections yet......

That has nothing to do with corrections it's the states tier system for pay and retirement. There's really nothing not to understand there...

salmonslayer

51 months ago

anyone hear anymore about classes starting back up in january

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

T ROD in Brooklyn, New York

51 months ago

Salmon im goin to call my investigator first week after the new year. hes good giving me info.. i talk to him like i know him forever..

Nervous in the City lol.. everyone is different my personal opinion i wouldnt say i get angry easily or aggressive.. last thing they want are short tempered people. so avoid looking like a mad man.. if so you will be swinging all day in the prisons.. lol.. inmates will study you inside out.. i do intake for drug inmates goin into rikers and they are slickkkk thats why im not friendly at all... imagine one that is sober.. lol.. State is not looking for fighters but controlers...that prison is like your home and the inmates are your kids.. whos in control??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nervous N da City in Bronx, New York

51 months ago

Thanks T Rod like i said very factual and subject related to better OUR chances!!!!!

51 months ago

Nervous Good Luck..

Joe in Boonton.. i took the April 09 spanish a few people were hired already off my list.. When i went to Albany there was group of 20 from English exam of April 09 as i see from that list no one been called..

Joe in Wilmington, Delaware

51 months ago

T ROD in Brooklyn, New York said: Nervous Good Luck..

Joe in Boonton.. i took the April 09 spanish a few people were hired already off my list.. When i went to Albany there was group of 20 from English exam of April 09 as i see from that list no one been called..

I knew a few people had recieved letters see if they were still interested. I know one guy on here had an 85 and received a letter. Just wanted to see if anyone else was getting notified that scored in the 80s.

51 months ago

I processed in April with them..

Wifey in East Meadow, New York

51 months ago

My fiance is at work and his investigator just called. What are the chances that was the call to tell him when he starts training? Or do they call for other things other than that. Thanks so much for any input. Good luck everyone!

marie43 in Forest Hills, New York

51 months ago

I called today to inquire about the academy and was told to call back the middle of January .

51 months ago

T ROD in Brooklyn, New York said: I processed in April with them..

When I called in april they told me i should get a letter by this coming april. The way things look i think she's right. I'm also in the process for CT DOC so i'm hoping to hear from them in february. I don't think it will be long for nys to start up again. I work with a guy who's retired from nys and said they have alot of people retiring. alot of his friends retired in the last year.

marie43 in Forest Hills, New York

51 months ago

Joe in Wilmington, Delaware said: When I called in april they told me i should get a letter by this coming april. The way things look i think she's right. I'm also in the process for CT DOC so i'm hoping to hear from them in february. I don't think it will be long for nys to start up again. I work with a guy who's retired from nys and said they have alot of people retiring. alot of his friends retired in the last year.

A letter to be excepted for the academy ?? I was wishing for January February .

Jbone in Brooklyn, New York

51 months ago

T ROD in Brooklyn, New York said: Salmon im goin to call my investigator first week after the new year. hes good giving me info.. i talk to him like i know him forever..

Nervous in the City lol.. everyone is different my personal opinion i wouldnt say i get angry easily or aggressive.. last thing they want are short tempered people. so avoid looking like a mad man.. if so you will be swinging all day in the prisons.. lol.. inmates will study you inside out.. i do intake for drug inmates goin into rikers and they are slickkkk thats why im not friendly at all... imagine one that is sober.. lol.. State is not looking for fighters but controlers...that prison is like your home and the inmates are your kids.. whos in control??

so if I told the pysch that my kids are my weakness cuz I'm little more easier going then my wife, did I ruin my chance of being a CO on that response

mfriguy in newburgh, New York

51 months ago

Joe in Wilmington, Delaware said: I knew a few people had recieved letters see if they were still interested. I know one guy on here had an 85 and received a letter. Just wanted to see if anyone else was getting notified that scored in the 80s.

I took the April 09 test and was canvassed in october but have not been notified to start process yet.

51 months ago

marie43 in Forest Hills, New York said: A letter to be excepted for the academy ?? I was wishing for January February .

No, just to be canvassed.

51 months ago

mfriguy in newburgh, New York said: I took the April 09 test and was canvassed in october but have not been notified to start process yet.

Did you score in the 80s? I scored an 80 and just trying to see if anyone else that scored the same was sent a canvas letter.

51 months ago

Jbone nothing wrong with that answer.. i said bugs are my weakness. Im terrified of bugs. i wouldnt go to deep in the brain..

mfriguy in Brooklyn, New York

51 months ago

I got an 85

51 months ago

Tiff in Brooklyn, New York said: I took the CO test in Brooklyn the end of July. I scored a 82.5. Do you guys think i'll get a call back? When should I stop waiting?

I took the test in February '09 and scored a 88.75. I havn't heard anything since. I'm #157 on the list. They just put their first class through since 2009. It will probably be a while.

Anthony in New Rochelle, New York

51 months ago

Yeah they just put 200 people in last week. It's in the Chief

Justwaiting in Bronx, New York

51 months ago

Hello everyone. I would like everyones opinion in where i stand in the state correction process. Drove to Albany 11/9, did paperwork,did medical, and physical examination 1st part of the day. Drove straight to investigators, got photoed and fingerprinted, talked to my investigator, that same day they gave me a paper to take the written psycological 3 days later. Drove back to albany, took psyc exam, then they gave me date for 1 on 1 psych interview. Did the interview on 12/7. I felt it went well, no crazy questions or anything out the normal. Next day i called my investigator and asked if there is anything else I need to do, and was told no, and told to wait. no phone calls, nothing in mail as of yet. I heard that no news is good news.

Based on the information given, do I have a good shot at landing the job? Also, what do you estimate the wait will be?

Thanks everyone and happy holidays...

marie43 in South Richmond Hill, New York

51 months ago

I received my canvas letter July of 08 then started with the physical and the finger print process on 04/01/10 then around April 28th my written psych and two weeks later my one on one psych . I had a few issues medically that I had to get clear I was medically cleared on 11/26/10 . The freeze has slowed the process up a lot . They're is just know way of knowing .

Good Luck and Happy Holidays to all

jane in New York, New York

51 months ago

I have orientation next week what should i expext? im so nervous.

51 months ago

jane in New York, New York said: I have orientation next week what should i expext? im so nervous.

Orientation ???? Or the Academy ??????

jane in New York, New York

51 months ago

marie43 in South Richmond Hill, New York said: Orientation ???? Or the Academy ??????

On the letter i recieved it states an orientation at the Applicant Investigation Unit.

Probe7899 in West Islip, New York

51 months ago

Jane you must be talking about NYC. They give you an application booklet to take home and fill out and also be prepared to obtain a lot of documents.

51 months ago

Happy Holidays,NOT !

I just looked on the site to see the eligibility list my test date 24751 and 24825 is closed and it states o people on the list is eligible and the close date is 12/02/2010 . I took the the test on 10/2007 . I am so frustrated . That makes No sense !!!!!

jordan in Springville, New York

51 months ago

marie43 in South Richmond Hill, New York said: Happy Holidays,NOT !

I just looked on the site to see the eligibility list my test date 24751 and 24825 is closed and it states o people on the list is eligible and the close date is 12/02/2010 . I took the the test on 10/2007 . I am so frustrated . That makes No sense !!!!!

Whats the site that you found your information on?

51 months ago

T ROD in Brooklyn, New York said: Jbone nothing wrong with that answer.. i said bugs are my weakness. Im terrified of bugs. i wouldnt go to deep in the brain..

Happy Holidays,NOT !

51 months ago

jordan in Springville, New York said: Whats the site that you found your information on?

www.cs.state.ny.us

jordan in Springville, New York

51 months ago

marie43 in South Richmond Hill, New York said: www.cs.state.ny.us

Thanks for the link

jmck in East Farmingdale, New York

50 months ago

www.cs.state.ny.us/elmspublic/all/lists.cfm

Use this link and just find your exam number...narrows it down a little.

50 months ago

I just spoke with my investigator and my test 24825 has EXPIRED !
I am so frustrated. He said i had to start all over . He was interviewing a new person ! I finished and passed everything . I'm gonna try to appeal if this can be done. I'm not sure if I can but it won't hurt to try.

Good luck to everyone !

jmck in East Farmingdale, New York

50 months ago

marie43 in South Richmond Hill, New York said: I just spoke with my investigator and my test 24825 has EXPIRED !
I am so frustrated. He said i had to start all over . He was interviewing a new person ! I finished and passed everything . I'm gonna try to appeal if this can be done. I'm not sure if I can but it won't hurt to try.

Good luck to everyone !

I thought the lists were good for 4 years? i would call back and possibly speak with someone else about that. Did he give you any reasoning to why it expired 1 year early?

50 months ago

Jane if your talking about city corrections.. dont be nervous you will be there with a bunch if clowns who dont know how to follow instructions for listen.. trust me.. at orientation most people dont LISTEN.. its unreal at the nonsense people will ask.. and so on.. the commission will be there barking away at the knuckle heads.. BRING A PENCIL. its says it big enough on the LETTER.. dress professional it says it big enough on the LETTER lol.. watch people show up in sweats and be sent home.. i

sonia in Newark, New Jersey

50 months ago

Thanks is there going to b a written and drug test?

50 months ago

at orientation for city there is no written test or drug test.. just a lot of talk and fillin out the book.. you will take the one on one psych before your assigned an investigator.. they will give you the run around dates for all of that.. so be ready to spend at least 200 bucks to get all the paper work they require (goin to dmv, ssi office, department of finance, unemployment which you hav to call to request records you cant get them in person) this is all $$$.. and many trips to queens for the written psych, one on one, medical, a blood pressure exam.. meet the investigator. all different dates.. its crazy.. GOOD LUCK..

50 months ago

sonia in Newark, New Jersey said: Thanks is there going to b a written and drug test?

Sonia, When did you take the written test. I took it in Feb 2009 and havn't heard anything back yet.

John in Harrison, New York

50 months ago

Does anyone know the pay scale and/or pay increase steps (after starting full salary)for nysdoc?

Matt in Clifton Park, New York

50 months ago

John in Harrison, New York said: Does anyone know the pay scale and/or pay increase steps (after starting full salary)for nysdoc?

The starting salary is $36,420. After 6 months you go to $38,310. Then finally when you reach a year your salary will be $43,867.

50 months ago

I wish I could turn back time ! I am out of the running . My testing date has expired after 3 years . All that I did for nothing , I guess I have sour grapes . I started the process in april of 2010 .

50 months ago

marie43 in South Richmond Hill, New York said: I wish I could turn back time ! I am out of the running . My testing date has expired after 3 years . All that I did for nothing , I guess I have sour grapes . I started the process in april of 2010 .

Don't feel bad. I've been taking test for years. Driving to different states, paying for tests, hotel rooms, driving 100 plus miles one way to take tests and interviews. I was activated by nj doc before this last list expired. I took a job with Delaware DOC a year ago and was surprised to hear from nj. I was excited to be able to move back home and get a big pay increase and they never even called me for an interview or sent a letter after I was processd. This is with experience and a bachelors degree. For this career you have to take more than one test to get in somewhere. Just try applying to different places. I've been doing it for years. If this is what you want to do keep moving forward and trying different states and departments. I learned the hard way taking the test in nj 3 times with no luck.

50 months ago

Joe in Wilmington, Delaware said: Don't feel bad. I've been taking test for years. Driving to different states, paying for tests, hotel rooms, driving 100 plus miles one way to take tests and interviews. I was activated by nj doc before this last list expired. I took a job with Delaware DOC a year ago and was surprised to hear from nj. I was excited to be able to move back home and get a big pay increase and they never even called me for an interview or sent a letter after I was processd. This is with experience and a bachelors degree. For this career you have to take more than one test to get in somewhere. Just try applying to different places. I've been doing it for years. If this is what you want to do keep moving forward and trying different states and departments. I learned the hard way taking the test in nj 3 times with no luck.

Thanks I appreciate those words of encouragement . I will look in to other tests and states
. Happy new year

sonia in Coatesville, Pennsylvania

50 months ago

Thanks...i went n it was ok...they only sent one knuckle head home...alot of paper work...they didnot asign an ivestigator yet, do u know about how long it takes before they call u? Also we have to get a detail earning statement with all our jobs, do they really call all ur jobs since i was in H.S...wow thats crazy...r u a CO yet?

50 months ago

Joe in Wilmington, Delaware said: Sonia, When did you take the written test. I took it in Feb 2009 and havn't heard anything back yet.[/QUOT

I took da test in 2008 and i js went for orientation
a few days ago...its such a long process

50 months ago

Vic Manuel in West Haven, Connecticut said: supervisor ean shes a very nice person... shes cool.. i filled it out but my investigator gave them back to me cause i had to get info from all my jobs i had .. and put them in the booklet .. but almost done with it./.. waiting for info to be mailed to me from social security..[QUOTE

Hell i js went to orientation and got my booklet, how long did u have to wait before They call u to bring in da paper work? How far back did u go on the jobs ..i went back 21 years. Thanks

PAT in Saint Albans, New York

50 months ago

IS THERE A CLASS CURRENTLY IN THE ACADEMY

h@@py in New York, New York

50 months ago

PAT in Saint Albans, New York said: IS THERE A CLASS CURRENTLY IN THE ACADEMY

No

Chris wright in Amityville, New York

50 months ago

jmck in East Farmingdale, New York said: Does anyone know if they hold the academy during the holdiay months coming up?

does anyone know that if you get disqualified from the nypd that if you have have to tell nyc corrections about the disqualification?

John in Harrison, New York

50 months ago

Matt in Clifton Park, New York said: The starting salary is $36,420. After 6 months you go to $38,310. Then finally when you reach a year your salary will be $43,867.

Thanks for the reply, But I wanted to know what the pay tier or pay steps were after starting full salary for nysdoc meaning after $43,867.

Page:  « First « Previous   39  40  41  42  43  44  45  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.