NY Correctional Academy

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (301 to 350 of 21671)
Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »   Last »

Brandon D in sleepy hollow, New York

51 months ago

excuse me, on april 1, 2010 i had my medical/agility/met BI

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

curios in Middletown, New York

51 months ago

Brandon D in sleepy hollow, New York said: excuse me, on april 1, 2010 i had my medical/agility/met BI

@ Brandon D I took the test in 2008

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brandon D in sleepy hollow, New York

51 months ago

you got a long wait. like other people have said. there are probably 5 eligibility list before yours. they have to go through all of them before they get to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Matt in Ware, Massachusetts

51 months ago

@ brandon d : what exam number are you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Brandon D in sleepy hollow, New York

51 months ago

@ Matt, I'm exam #24-825.. Oct '07

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Brandon D in sleepy hollow, New York

51 months ago

@ Matt, I'm exam #24-825

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Matt in Ware, Massachusetts

51 months ago

@Brandon, I see they are hiring people with 75's from your list. I'm on 24997 the one right after you so I'm hoping they get to my list soon. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Brandon D in sleepy hollow, New York

51 months ago

thanks matt, good luck to you to!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

T ROD in Brooklyn, New York

51 months ago

curios in Middletown, New York said: hey i was recently canvassed for corrections. i sent my letter back and corrections has since received it. how long until i receive a letter or call for my first interview, then, how long until physical and medical screening appointment is set up afterwards? sorry i know these questions have been asked multiple times. another question, admittedly i have been a pot smoker for awhile, but my commitment is to my family and kids and to getting this job, i have wholeheartedly quit smoking to be clean for testing. is the test administered by blood, urine, or hair sample? is there random testing once hired?

Curious.. Yes report the tatoo and send a picture.. i had to do it.. and drug test is by blood.. and you damn right there will be random testing while on the job.. Im not sure about state but city goes back 4 months on a drug test.. GOOD LUCK..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

T ROD in Brooklyn, New York

51 months ago

will in Ogdensburg, New York said: well i hope they wouldn't ask a guy why would a woman... that could cause problems lol i would have to say the question would be more like why would a man... but you know

lol silly.. you know what i mean lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

cgaz23 in Brooklyn, New York

51 months ago

@TROD - I know your going on vaca but have you called your B.I. , if so what did he tell you .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

trod in Brooklyn, New York

51 months ago

he said enjoy my vacation lolol he cant tell me anything 100%.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cgaz23 in Brooklyn, New York

51 months ago

TROD -cool well enjoy your vacation

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cgaz23 in Brooklyn, New York

51 months ago

Hey guys i got the call today to report on july 18th ..I hope the rest of you guys get that call soon . Good luck to everyone and keep your faith in the lord ....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Brandon D in sleepy hollow, New York

51 months ago

cgaz23- what was your score on the exam? did they call you or send you a letter?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Matt in Rome, New York

51 months ago

Congrats Cgaz! What list/exam number are you on?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cgaz23 in Brooklyn, New York

51 months ago

I was on test 24-825 from oct 07 , i scored a 75 and they called me at 4pm ....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

STARB86 in Brooklyn, New York

51 months ago

CONGRAT CGAZ!!! DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHEN THE NEXT ACADEMY IS GOING TO BE SCHEDULED AFTER THE JULY ACADEMIES?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jslavick in Cortland, New York

51 months ago

Cgaz: Congrats !!!! I scored a 70, hopefully I'll go soon as well....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

T ROD in Brooklyn, New York

51 months ago

CGAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU... NICEEEEE. CONGRATSSSS.. IF SOME OF US DONT GO IN WITH YOU PLEASE KEEP US POSTED.. GOOD LUCK!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Brandon D in sleepy hollow, New York

51 months ago

cgaz congrats!! good luck.. i scored a 70, maybe ill see you there..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cgaz23 in Brooklyn, New York

51 months ago

Thanks guys and ladies , I'll keep all you guys posted weekly hopefully we all go in together ....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mbarclay in Madrid, New York

51 months ago

I got the call today to go to the academy July 18th. its about time lol I took the october 07 test

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cgaz23 in Brooklyn, New York

51 months ago

CONGRATS MAYBE WE'LL MEET UP UP THERE ...EMAIL ME CGAZ458@YAHOO.COM

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Brandon D in sleepy hollow, New York

51 months ago

@ mbarclay: congrats!! did you have a score of 75 as well??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Brandon D in sleepy hollow, New York

51 months ago

does anybody know when the next academy after july 18th is? or when they think they will start picking 70's from list 24-825?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

biggyc51 in watkins glen in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

51 months ago

I took the test in oct 2008 and i go july 8th for my med/agility and back ground check. Just wondering how long my wait might be seems like things are really moving now and the word on the street is there gonna start hiring alot of guys

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Matt in Rome, New York

51 months ago

biggyc51 in watkins glen in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I took the test in oct 2008 and i go july 8th for my med/agility and back ground check. Just wondering how long my wait might be seems like things are really moving now and the word on the street is there gonna start hiring alot of guys

@biggyc51: I took the test in spring of 2008 and they still aren't even to my list number yet (24997), but my list is the next one up. Which list number are you on? I'm hoping they have a few more academies this year to hopefully speed things up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

biggyc51 in watkins glen in Atlanta, Georgia

51 months ago

Matt in Rome, New York said: @biggyc51: I took the test in spring of 2008 and they still aren't even to my list number yet (24997), but my list is the next one up. Which list number are you on? I'm hoping they have a few more academies this year to hopefully speed things up.

Matt iam on the same list (24997) I scored a 75 i have another buddy who scored a 80 on the same list he went up last month and got everything started he goes back july 10thfor his physc so i hope we get in this year good luck man!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Brandon D in sleepy hollow, New York

51 months ago

i took the test oct 07 (24-825), they have been calling 75's for the last week, i got a 70 and i just called my investigator a few min ago to let her know i'm going away july 4th and she said don't worry you have a ways to go. so maybe that can give you guys who took the test in 08 some insight,.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

biggyc51 in watkins glen, New York

51 months ago

Brandon D in sleepy hollow, New York said: i took the test oct 07 (24-825), they have been calling 75's for the last week, i got a 70 and i just called my investigator a few min ago to let her know i'm going away july 4th and she said don't worry you have a ways to go. so maybe that can give you guys who took the test in 08 some insight,.

brandon have u gone to albany yet for your testing?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Brandon D in sleepy hollow, New York

51 months ago

@biggyc51: yes i finished all tests and background in early june 2010. now i just have to wait for the call.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

biggyc51 in watkins glen, New York

51 months ago

well man hopefully u get in the july academy i heard another one runs in september! Does any one know how many guys there pklanning on bring on this year heard alot of guys are retiring son alot of spots are open!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Matt in Hornell, New York

51 months ago

@biggyc51: I got a 95 and finished all my tests like a month ago. Just waiting to hear something as well . Just hoping they get to our list soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

biggyc51 in watkins glen, New York

51 months ago

Yea man i hear just wish i knew how many classes there planning on runningjust going to have to wait and find out i guess

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

T ROD in Brooklyn, New York

51 months ago

I took my psych first week in may.. the psych told me.. end of summer a lot of ppl are retiring so the gates have to get filled.. ppl will get called in high numbers.. follow investigators instructions and wait for that call so as the story goes.. just wait wait wait.. GOOD LUCK everyone..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mbarclay in Madrid, New York

51 months ago

after my 1 on 1 it was a little over 4 months until I got my call to give you guys some kind of idea on the wait I had at least. And yeah I got a 75 on the test

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jslavick in Cortland, New York

51 months ago

@mbarclay: Congrats !!!!! I'm glad you're heading up to the academy. I scored a 70, and had my 1 on 1 May 8th. I haven't received anything stating I passed, and my investogator said he hasn't received anything, nor does he need anything from me....so I wait..... But he said no news is good news. Good luck !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

biggyc51 in watkins glen, New York

51 months ago

Thanx guys i think ur rite Trod its all a waiting game i think each guy is diffrent and u just have to wait your turn

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jacknife2 in Bronx, New York

51 months ago

Congrats to all that are headed to the academy, but i would like to know if anyone knows how people the put in per class? I finish everything since May 02, 2010 and the only call i got, was from my investigator asking me about a job that i just worked away from about 11years ago when i was 18. He said that i should have just quit cause they had discharged on my file.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mbarclay in Potsdam, New York

51 months ago

@jslavic: You wont get anything to say you passed the 1on1. If you get a registered letter in the mail thats how they let you know you failed. If you pass you wont hear a thing until you Inverstigator calls you and says they have an academy for you. Like I said I waited 4 months and no news was good news.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jslavick in Skaneateles Falls, New York

51 months ago

@mbarclay: Thanks for the info. It certainly helped. Keep us posted of the process. Give us a shout if you need anything up at the academy. I'm only a short distance away.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

biggyc51 in watkins glen, New York

51 months ago

How hard is the physc exam itself and do they base the 1 on 1 from the info they get off the exam?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cgaz23 in Brooklyn, New York

51 months ago

@biggyc51- The psych exam is nothing its just questions about yourself and the 1 on 1 is based on what you wrote on the written exam so make sure you say the same thing . Good luck with it .

@jslavick- Hey before you know it your be getting that call to attend trust me and like i said before ill write every friday night about the week we had ..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

broncos in Albany, New York

51 months ago

hey ladies/gentlemen, be patient, i took the test in oct 07 and got called this week to start on the 18th. i did everything in feb/march 2010. so it has been 3yrs past, my 1 on 1 was late march and i got the call jun for the july class. hang in there

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Yankees Rock

51 months ago

Hello everyone. I just got the call this week for the 18th. I to took the test Oct 07. I was wondering has anyone recently been through the Academy? Not too sure what to expect. Just looking for a little insight. Thanks so much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DOCS to DEC in Clifton Park, New York

51 months ago

Hello everyone, I took the written exam in 4/09 scored 85 and was ranked high on the Spanish Language test, received a canvas letter in 11/09, Had my physical and met my investigator in early 3/10, had my psych eval in 4/10 and got the call to report on JULY 4th in late 6/10. Sorry many of you guys have been waiting so long, your time will come. I believe that a good deal of the people reporting to these recent academies are from the 2007 tests. Hang in There guys.

I do have a few questions and I would appreciate any info you might have.
After the Academy is complete, you have your ojt and then your first assignment. They say that it is typically downstate or in the MID-Hudson Valley. I guess my question is what HUBS define this region. Are Hudson CF, Greene CF and Coxackie Max considered to be upstate or are then considered MID-HUDSON. Do any of you know of anyone who has had one of these facilities as their first perm assignment?

How are daily duties decided say working on the gallery, in a dorm or working a perimeter tower?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Yankees Rock

51 months ago

DOCS to DEC in Clifton Park, New York said: Hello everyone, I took the written exam in 4/09 scored 85 and was ranked high on the Spanish Language test, received a canvas letter in 11/09, Had my physical and met my investigator in early 3/10, had my psych eval in 4/10 and got the call to report on JULY 4th in late 6/10. Sorry many of you guys have been waiting so long, your time will come. I believe that a good deal of the people reporting to these recent academies are from the 2007 tests. Hang in There guys.

I do have a few questions and I would appreciate any info you might have.
After the Academy is complete, you have your ojt and then your first assignment. They say that it is typically downstate or in the MID-Hudson Valley. I guess my question is what HUBS define this region. Are Hudson CF, Greene CF and Coxackie Max considered to be upstate or are then considered MID-HUDSON. Do any of you know of anyone who has had one of these facilities as their first perm assignment?

How are daily duties decided say working on the gallery, in a dorm or working a perimeter tower?

Hello,

You said you are going July 4th. I have not recieved my packet with info yet. Iwas wondering what the list of things that we need to bring. Wanted to tackle shopping for supplies this weekend. Can you help me out? Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

docs to dec in Clifton Park, New York

51 months ago

Hey Yanks,
When I received the letter I was surprised as to how much or rather how little they say you need. most of the paper work is legal mumbo-jumbo. They say bring, light gray shorts, sweat pants, sweat shirt and gym shoes for pt. They tell you to bring shoes or boots capable of holding high polish (they must not be glossy/parade shoes, no dress shoes, no square toes, nothing too fancy or designer) they tell you to bring black shoe polish, black socks,white socks, white t-shirt (NOT V-NECK), Hygiene items (the basics), a combination lock, pens and pencils. and that is it. It appears that they like to keep things about the academy a secret until you get there. IDK. but if you go to forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?81812-Nysdocs-Academy-On-Hold
you will actually get lists from people who have been there. They give you really neat recommendations and you can get a vague idea of what the academy is like and maybe even chat with other DOCS hopefuls. Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Yankees Rock

51 months ago

docs to dec in Clifton Park, New York said: Hey Yanks,
When I received the letter I was surprised as to how much or rather how little they say you need. most of the paper work is legal mumbo-jumbo. They say bring, light gray shorts, sweat pants, sweat shirt and gym shoes for pt. They tell you to bring shoes or boots capable of holding high polish (they must not be glossy/parade shoes, no dress shoes, no square toes, nothing too fancy or designer) they tell you to bring black shoe polish, black socks,white socks, white t-shirt (NOT V-NECK), Hygiene items (the basics), a combination lock, pens and pencils. and that is it. It appears that they like to keep things about the academy a secret until you get there. IDK. but if you go to forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?81812-Nysdocs-Academy-On-Hold
you will actually get lists from people who have been there. They give you really neat recommendations and you can get a vague idea of what the academy is like and maybe even chat with other DOCS hopefuls. Good Luck

Thanks so much. I really appreciate your help. Does it say anything about street clothes? Do we only wear sweats? Good luck to you. And thank you for your help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.