Physical Agility Test

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

pbarraza2 in Los Angeles, California

34 months ago

Hi All
I have my PAT test soon. How difficult is it? When they say very hard resistance how difficult is it really? And how many minutes are you on that bike? If i dont feel iam, a fit guru does a person like me stand a chance?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tom in Salem, Oregon

34 months ago

In my opinion, it is up to the drive of the individual that determines if they pass or not. I am overweight and by no means a fitness guru, but I got on that bike and pedaled because I wanted it, and I passed. The guy was very motivating and encouraging. Was it hard, yes... impossible, no. It is also based off of your weight, so the heavier you are the harder the resistance is. A good tip is to keep it around the 65 - 70 rpm area, that way when your legs start to feel like jello and slow down, you are already ahead of the curve and just need to keep pedaling to make it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

Thank you for ur comment! I was rescheduled because of my eye test i needed to get paperwork signed by my eye doc. i have it for Oct 7. I have been working out on the bike so all i can do is try my best. What about that other leg test is it only for 19 sec? and also the arm test what are your thoughts on that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hhhhh49 in Dublin, California

33 months ago

I wanted to know that to... Why do people just mention the bike and not other things? It seem so difficult, so what about the arm strenght nd the 100 yrd run... Is tht difficult nd do they make us do push ups nd sit ups, etc. your response would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

to Hhhhhh49 If you go on their website look up the PAT it gives you a good description of what the test consists of. However i rather its always good to get feedback from people who have already took it, right.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tom in Salem, Oregon

33 months ago

The reason people only mention the bike test is because it is the first one, and the one that most people fail on. I hear 60% of people dont pass it. Another reason is that if you pass that test, you WILL pass every other one. They are all super easy besides that one test.

The other bike test felt like there was 0 resistance compared to the other one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

Tom in Salem, Oregon said: The reason people only mention the bike test is because it is the first one, and the one that most people fail on. I hear 60% of people dont pass it. Another reason is that if you pass that test, you WILL pass every other one. They are all super easy besides that one test.

The other bike test felt like there was 0 resistance compared to the other one.

thank you this is very helpful. Take care

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

Just wanted to say i failed my PAT Yes on teh second minute i felt as if weights had been placed on my legs , my breathing was out of wack... I do not feel bad for myself or disapointed because i know i tried my best i went for it and almost made it. I know what i am up against and i will pass it next year!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

suntuariol9 in Victorville, California

33 months ago

I took the PAT last week as well on October 6. The person before me failed the test too. He was a big chubby guy so he had a higher resistance level than the average person. The guy before that passed, but just about passed out while getting his finger prints.

33 months ago

suntuariol9 in Victorville, California said: I took the PAT last week as well on October 6. The person before me failed the test too. He was a big chubby guy so he had a higher resistance level than the average person. The guy before that passed, but just about passed out while getting his finger prints.

lol wow.

eduardo1g in Chula Vista, California

32 months ago

i have my PAT 2marrow... i dont wear glasses or contact lenses or had eye surgery in my life... do i still have to fill the form "PEACE OFFICER VISION VERIFICATION"

gochevygo

27 months ago

Any of you bigger guys that have the pat coming up, I implore you start building up your quadraceps asap. And try to get on a stationery bike in the gym and just punch the metal. Trust you'll go along way on that bike.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.