Physical ability Testing

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (35)

Estaban in Marietta, Pennsylvania

75 months ago

Thank you for the information it was very helpful i just sent my packet back for Graterford. Any advice for the MMPI 2 ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

jail_guard in Kittanning, Pennsylvania

75 months ago

just take your time and be as honest as possible, it is computer read but a psychologist does interpret the answers. it is specifically designed to tell all about someones personality, false positives can make you fail the test very easy. it is designed to tell if a person is a liar, or has a mental disability. remember, just be honest and you will get thru it okay.
but dont put your horses before the cart. although you sent in your packet, it doesnt mean you will get called for an interview, and even if you get interviewed doesnt mean you will get chosen. It is a lengthy process. PA is still in a hiring freeze which means they are only going to hire the least amount of people they can. So if you dont get chosen dont give up.
Good luck in your quest....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Hello i got an interview scheduled for 6/11/09 at Graterford. i was wondering if you had any advise for me. You would like to share??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

I am nervous about it is it one on one or a few person you set in front of?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

interviews are usually done in a 2 or 3 person panel, they will give you a sheet with about 30 questions or so, then they will give you time to go over them, after which your interview has started each person from the panel will ask you questions and observe your answers.
you will be nervous of course but the answers are designed to see how you react to them, I have noticed each facility has their own sets of questions so I can not ellaborate on what theirs might be.
The best advice i can give you is be yourself, remain calm and answer truthfully... Good Luck...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

DreamAskew in Reading, Pennsylvania

74 months ago

This thread is so helpful! I have my interview tomorrow at Graterford, and am really anticipating a lot of anxiety. The interview part is just an interview, right? They're not going to do the physical stuff til later?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

thats correct, after your interview, then at a later date if selected you will go to your physical, then at a later date if you pass physical then you will proceed to physical ability test and psychological assesment (MMPI2) If you pass all of them and your background investigation then you will be in providing they have any openings.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Yea the interview was rather short and sweet. short and to the point. don't really now how to read it now just have to waite and see good luck to everyone that was out there today........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

akareem27 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

74 months ago

ARM LIFT..PULL WITH AS MUCH FORCE AS YOU CAN 3X
pull what?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

it is a bar chained to a electronic stand, you stand on the stand and pull with all your might in an upwards motion for 3 seconds, you do this 3 times, then the score is averaged out of all three pulls. the bar will be about the heighth of the bottom of your rib cage

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lboogie

74 months ago

i interviewed that same day, have u heard from them yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

akareem27 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

73 months ago

nope I haven't heard a anything so far

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

James in Berwick, Pennsylvania

73 months ago

Does anyone know when they will be sending out letter for the physical? I interviwed on June 9th

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Lboogie in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

73 months ago

akareem27 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: nope I haven't heard a anything so far

Hello just wondering if you received your packet yet? I got mine on Fri... med test on July 30th.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

James in Berwick, Pennsylvania said: Does anyone know when they will be sending out letter for the physical? I interviwed on June 9th

I interviewed the same day, just got my packet on Fri, med test on the 30th. Several others in Aug.. 4th thru the 18th. then done hopefully training starts soon after.. Good Luck

DreamAskew in Douglassville, Pennsylvania

73 months ago

Chase in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania said: If a 400lb man could pass the physical ability test, then I dont think you have to worry. Its a shame they would let someone in poor physical condition do a job like that.

Wow, is that a true story? Or did he get to be 400 lbs after he got hired?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Chase in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania

73 months ago

He works at Frackville, he was 300lbs out of shape and passed. But he did baloon up to 400lb, and now he is on disability, go figure

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

You get the results from drug screen the same day, if u don't pass you don't continue. You get results from physical same day if don't pass can't take psych test..both test same day at training academy. Good Luck

Chris in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania

72 months ago

Lboogie in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: You get the results from drug screen the same day, if u don't pass you don't continue. You get results from physical same day if don't pass can't take psych test..both test same day at training academy. Good Luck

I took the test yesterday blood test and urine, I did not get results the same day so what does that mean??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

John in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania

72 months ago

Lboogie in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: You get the results from drug screen the same day, if u don't pass you don't continue. You get results from physical same day if don't pass can't take psych test..both test same day at training academy. Good Luck
I took the blood and urine test at the lab

CJ in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania

66 months ago

Three questions --
1.)what all is involved in the medical test?

2.) can you have mild high blood pressure and still be hired?

3.) what does the physical fitness test entail?

Thanks....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Kingston, Pennsylvania

63 months ago

How long after you pass the physical ability test and psy. test does it take to get a hire date with the P.a d.o.c

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

bigrah69 in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

58 months ago

Hi I applied to become a correctional officer in pa and I was denied because of the psychological evaluation. I did receive a letter saying I passed and was capable of carrying a firearm from the test I did with the psychologist. Can I appeal or reapply. If anyone can help me that would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I failed the MMPI 2 test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mdot in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

57 months ago

can someone give me the website to go to so i can make an appt. to go and take the test. Thanks

novabri in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

42 months ago

are you guys talking about the philly prison system ?? i took the philly prison test 2 weeks ago...when should i hear somthing back ????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Wess in Baltimore, Maryland

41 months ago

Took the philadelphia CO three weeks ago. When will they send out the results? And how long will I have to wait if I pass?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

skysoldier in Warren, Pennsylvania

40 months ago

How is the drug testing conducted? I am not that big on needles.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

manda in Clarksville, Maryland

40 months ago

After passing everything and getting hired do they keep drug testing or just that one time before getting hired? Is there a weight minimum? I'm in Maryland

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jane smith

37 months ago

I took the test back in March and scored a 90 its now end of June when will I hear something from them??!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jane smith

37 months ago

I took the test back in March and scored a 90 its now end of June when will I hear something from them??!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

saz1005 in Brooklyn, New York

32 months ago

Google civil service test

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

waiting to get hired in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

30 months ago

i am a candidate for greaterford prison in pa and i passed my physical ability test on 22 jan 2013, also i took my psychological eval (mmpi). how long does it take to get mmpi results to normally get hired???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Blk Marauder

16 months ago

waiting to get hired in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: i am a candidate for greaterford prison in pa and i passed my physical ability test on 22 jan 2013, also i took my psychological eval (mmpi). how long does it take to get mmpi results to normally get hired???

How long did it take to receive your PT & MMPI test scores? How much longer for the academy?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Blk Marauder

16 months ago

jail_guard in Kittanning, Pennsylvania said: The physical ability test is easy if you are in shape, if you are not in shape, I would recommend that you start a daily regimen and stay with it once you have gotten your appointment, Corrections can be a strenuous job. you have to be willing to be locked in a hostile enviroment.
any ways here are the steps you will have to do for the PA test.
step 1. 2 forms of ID, arrive at least 15 minutes before your appointment time for check-in.
step 2. signing waivers of anything happens to you while there, the PADOC is not responsible.
step 3. nurse goes over medical info to check and see if you are able to do the test.
step 4. warm up excercises,
ARM STRETCH,
SHOULDER STRETCH
HEEL CHORD STRETCH
QUADRACEP STRETCH
HAMSTRING STRETCH

following the brief stretches you will continue to different stations where you will be timed and counted.

SIT-UPS... DO AS MANY AS YOU CAN IN ONE MINUTE
ARM LIFT..PULL WITH AS MUCH FORCE AS YOU CAN 3X
LEG ERGOMETER...BICYCLE FOR AS MUCH AS YOU CAN FOR 1 MINUTE
SIT & REACH REACHING YOUR TOES AGAINST WALL 3X
ARM ENDURANCE SAME AS LEG EGOMETER BUT USING ARMS NOT LEGS 2 MINUTE TEST

YOUR SCORES ON 1ST THREE TRIALS OF ARM LIFT WILL BE AERAGED OUT AND WILL BE PAIRED WITH SIT UP TEST , COMBINED MUST BE AT LEAST 90.
SIT AND REACH TRIALS WILL BE ADDED TOGETHER AND THEN COMBINED WITH LEG ERGOMETER AND ARM ENDURANCE TEST ING SHOULD BE AT LEAST A MINIMUM OF 190 FOR COMPLETE TEST.

AS I SAID EARLIER IF YOU ARE NOT IN SHAPE YOU SHOULD START A DAILY REGIMEN.

How long to receive PAT / MMPI test results?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

mcjess26 in Jackson, Michigan

1 month ago

Hello, I recently passed my interview/physical test June 17, 2015 for a correctional officer position in the state of Michigan...I am wondering when I can expect an email/call about moving forward in the process as a correctional officer? Any replies would be helpful as I am patiently waiting, yet very eager to know whether or not I will start training soon. Thank you!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.