Video Assessment for the DOC

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 130)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

D in Bothell, Washington

30 months ago

I have a video assessment at the end of the month for a corrections position and I am STOKED! My question is, what do I wear to the assessment? I'm just curious if I should dress up or..... any help would be appreciated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

K in Lake Stevens, Washington

30 months ago

I have the same thing and same concern! What is this 3.5 hr test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

Great thank you! You figure out what to wear yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

D in Bothell, Washington

30 months ago

LOL I sort of dressed up...... what day did you take the test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

I took it on the 28th, so Friday.

D in Bothell, Washington

29 months ago

Did you get moved to the next step for the interview process on the 15th?

K in Coupeville, Washington

29 months ago

Yes I did. You there on the 28th as well? All day hiring event...?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

D in Bothell, Washington

29 months ago

Yeah I was there on the 28th..... got asked back for the 15th too. Now I have to figure out what to wear to that LOL

29 months ago

It says professional interview attire . . . I'm wondering if i can still keep my piercings in though . . . I am not sure if they are going to make me take them out since we are actually entering in the prison. BTW I don't know why this is now telling me I live in Coupeville lol.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

I have two piercings in my ear that aren't traditional. So do you understand the hiring process? How far along until you are actually hired on?

D in West Sacramento, California

29 months ago

LOL now it says Cali :)~ OK if you make it through the interview tomorrow after that you take the psychology test then if you pass that you meet with the psychologist then if you make it past that you get hired. We (provided we make it that far) don't get formally hired until January. I'm super nervous about tomorrow.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

Oh no, now I am super nervous . . . interviews! Yikes. I didn't know if we were for sure interviewing tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up lol.

D in Bothell, Washington

29 months ago

Yeah we are, first it's going to be in front of 2 people then someone else from HR so be ready for 2 interviews. The biggest thing is to be honest. I blank out when I get interviewed (a lot, it's pathetic really) I'm just hoping tomorrow honesty and sincerity are gonna pull it out for me. You can almost count on "Why do you want to be a corrections officer?" or some variation of the question. You're almost guaranteed from things I've read in other states about that being one of the top 3 questions asked.

29 months ago

Any word yet for you?

K in Sammamish, Washington

29 months ago

Nope, how about you?!

29 months ago

No..... I got so sick yesterday when it was over cause I had myself so worked up. I have butterflies super bad now. I just don't know how I did with the questions. Some of them I feel like I answered OK and others I kinda tripped over my own words on.

29 months ago

Yea no I feel the same. I kept laughing and smiling yesterday in the room cuz I was so nervous at a couple points haha. Apparently when i am eally nervous I laugh and smile hahahaha. Who did you talk to? I talked to Kari I think is her name . . . the one that performed the video assessment and spoke the most yesterday, and then the two gentlemen sitting by the wall on the left one shorter one with longer hair and glasses. He was a stat major and psychologist. I didn't do horrible, could've done better, so i think I did fairly well.

29 months ago

I talked to Kari first then I had the man and woman when you first come into the room. They were nice. Not sure what their jobs were though.

29 months ago

I think my guys were trying to psych me out, at least the psychologist for sure was lol. He sort of thought of himself as a bigwig. He has four degrees haha.

29 months ago

still haven't heard...ugh im going to be thinking about it the whole time im at work...

29 months ago

Me too..... I'm off today but I can't focus on anything I'm supposed to be doing here lol

29 months ago

Still nothing?

29 months ago

No :( I'm think maybe tomorrow?

29 months ago

I'm thinkin' so too.

29 months ago

Im out.... I got the email a little bit ago :(

29 months ago

Oh no! I haven't gotten anything yet . . . I'm so nervous.

29 months ago

Well good luck let me know how it goes, you probably got put through that's why you havent heard anything yet :)

29 months ago

Aww thanks! You're so positive. I hope your future endeavors are just as positive as you! I'll let you know when i finally hear from them.

D in Bothell, Washington

29 months ago

Thanks :) My next goal is probably to apply with the police departments in their corrections, I know Marysville had openings a while ago, but I need to get myself physically ready cause that one does require the PAT test.... I cried when I didn't get this one cause I wanted it so much, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be.....

29 months ago

I still haven't heard! UGH. Yea PD is always taking recruitments. The PAT isn't hard though. I looked into it (even though I don't want to be a police officer, I really want to be a counselor) and their requirements aren't too hard. Just a little training and committment and you should be fine hun. If I don't get this I am going to wait on my applications for the EG group home in snoqualmie. I would love to work with juveniles. But I am getting worried about this job!

D in Snoqualmie, Washington

29 months ago

I applied for the detention center first but I wasn't qualified for that at all. I wanted to do more with rehabilitation of offenders and I did say that so maybe that's where I went wrong when I interviewed. I really think I'm going to take a break from applying for a couple months and get myself together physically and kind of breathe cause this was such an emotionally charged experience for me that I need to just step back for a little while.

29 months ago

well counseling is rehabilitating and I told them that is what I wanted to do. Keep going hun you'll do great. You just recently finish with school or what?

29 months ago

No I just started actually .....goofed off too much when I was younger and never did it then....just finishing my first quarter in criminal justice so I have a while left

29 months ago

Still nothing for me...Where you going to school at?

29 months ago

Geez really?! I talked to the one girl at my table that was one of the first people to go and she got cut too.... I would take it as a good sign that you haven't heard anything yet. I do online classes at ITT Tech.

29 months ago

Man i certainly hope so! That's a bummer she got cut as well. I hope I find out soon!

29 months ago

Maybe today was all the rejection notices.... we never knew how many out of our group were going to be picked. I definitely think it's positive if you didn't hear today. You'll have to let me know if you hear tomorrow :)

29 months ago

Haha ok thanks! I know they were needing to fill twenty positions but I knew they weren't going to choose everyone that showed up considering there was twenty of us there lol. I'll let you know for sure!

29 months ago

Anything?

29 months ago

Nope.

29 months ago

Wow LOL they're making you sweat it out

29 months ago

No kidding. This blows!

29 months ago

Nothing...guess maybe Mondays?

29 months ago

Wow I hope you know by Monday ....that's kinda messed up that they didn't tell you yet

29 months ago

So I sent them an email the other day asking about it and they gave me two calls this morning. One was from Mr. Cooper saying that all the rejection letters had gone got already and that if I haven't heard then they are just still checking on my work history through the Washington DOC. My first call this morning was from Ethcis with the Washington DOC and then I had to fax them some W-2 forms and I guess they called all my previous employers. So I should be good to go! They are just waiting on one more employer to get back to them. I'm so excited and so happy right now! I just hope I get through the whole rest of the hiring process! I'm supposed to be expecting an email by Wednesday or next Monday.

D in Bothell, Washington

29 months ago

Congratulations :) You'll have to let me know how the next step goes like what the psych test is all about

29 months ago

Stilllll waitin' on an email . . .

MakoMike in Henderson, Nevada

28 months ago

I have to take 2 different "Video Based Written Exams" next week for the Deputy City Marshal and the Municipal Court Marshal.
Does anybody have an idea what these are?
Is there any way I can prepare?
I just found out TODAY that I have to take them in less than a week, and have no clue.
Any help you can provide would really be appreciated a lot.
Thanks in advance.
I get email on my phone--so I will respond quickly.
thanks again
-Mike

D in Marysville, Washington

28 months ago

K, seriously?! Maybe with the holidays it slowed everything up. I remember with the dates she gave us at the video test the psych thing is the same week as Christmas so I hope you hear something soon.

Mike, WA DOC hiring process begins with the video assessment, and I don't know that there is really anyway to prep for it. Basically you want to answer as if these situations actually present themselves on the job- it's a "what would you do" type test. The best I can offer you with the video assessment is pay close attention. Make sure you watch all details and when you are given the opportunity to answer the questions be honest about what you would do. The test is going to be multiple choice and each answer is worth a certain number of points. You can't really study for it. Don't panic, take a deep breath and just think before you answer. It's really not a hard test so I wouldn't freak out too much :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

MakoMike in Henderson, Nevada

28 months ago

Thanks a bunch for the info.
I bought a book for the correction dept.written exam and it has all sorts of different scenarios in it.
I'll start {and I guess finish} there.

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.