felony friendly

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 198)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Joy in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

72 months ago

I read an ad thru Hard2Hire.org which helps felons find jobs and CCA accepts F-5 that means if you have a felony is has to be at least five yrs ago. The back ground check only goes back 5yrs, so mine was 8yrs ago (non-violent)does that make me quilified for the job? Does anyone know anything about that? If so, can you elaborate alittle bit?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (270) / No (52) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Oxnard, California

58 months ago

Here are the top 5 jobs for people with a felony. I saw two articles that are good.
snipsly.com/2009/12/02/top-5-jobs-for-felons/
snipsly.com/2009/12/02/job-tips-for-felons/

You guys have me working to find all this info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

southsidesusie in Rancho Cucamonga, California

56 months ago

It is super hard for me to get a call back from any one for any type of job but I am still trying and NO IT IS NOT EASIER TO TO BAD THEN GOOD. this girl is done doing bad. GOOD LUCK

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

keepmovingforward in Portland, Oregon

56 months ago

If you are looking for a trucking job they maybe able to help. It clearly states on the website that felons are not discouraged to apply......Hope this info. helps someone out I just found it today and thought I would pass it along.

www.truckersdispatch.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Jill in Germantown, Wisconsin

55 months ago

Mike in Oxnard, California said: Here are the top 5 jobs for people with a felony. I saw two articles that are good.
snipsly.com/2009/12/02/top-5-jobs-for-felons/
snipsly.com/2009/12/02/job-tips-for-felons/

You guys have me working to find all this info.

I have a son that lives in West Allis, WI. Has felonies from his past. Has been having a real hard time finding a job, any job. It seems like we have exhausted all the options. Doesn't seem like anyone wants to help. Any information you could possibly give, or try to point us in the right direction would be great.

Thank, a concerned mom.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

cLove8520 in Indianapolis, Indiana

54 months ago

brittney in Fort Myers, Florida said: The government complains about people commiting crimes It complains about welfare and other subsidized programs. It complains about drug dealers selling drugs. But.........the reason for the majority of illegal activity or welfare is because it is very very difficult for anyone to get a job with a felony conviction.God forbide, if you have a family to support. Your kids will grow up watching you have hard times. Hmmmmmm....How can we afford to send our kids to college? Our resources are limited. Results, the cycle repeats itself. Therefore, what are the options out there.

Did you know that a worthless check over $300 is a felony.
A felony conviction is comparable to life in prison...because you will spend your life struggling to make ends meet.
How the government is destroying ex-felons.

1) you are punished for the crime....however the punishement never ends.........
Consequences.......
Hard to find a job........background check disqualifies you.....easy way for employer to not hire you.
2) you will not qualify for apartments
3) Most schools will let you enroll......take your money for the course......then you will find that NO one will hire you
4) You will live in poverty ...then you will become eligible for all the low-income programs the government has.......esp. the food pantry because you will have no income or very low income.
5) Most of the time....you are placed on probation..there are fines. You can not find a job or you will lose the one you have with a felony conviction. Then you will be violated because you failed to pay fine or restitution...This is a no win situation

How to survive in america with a felony conviction.....
1) Win the lottery
2) You die
3) Family member hires you in a family business

Please write your governor and explain your problem. Everyone makes mistakes....we are human. A felony conviction is punishment for life..............unless you are wealthy[/QUOTE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

That is so true my boyfriend and I are having the same problem. We can't find a job just to make ends meet. I'm trying to get into college and trying to find the right career path for me. Medical...they say i can't do Law...not sure if they'll except me there My felony is going on 6 years, I haven't been in trouble since...when are we ever going to be considered rehibilitated!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No Reply - Report abuse

diggsthat in Englewood, Colorado

54 months ago

"Rehabilitation" To restore to a former state;to restore to good repute. Unfortunately none of this is true and to be Rehabilitated is just a word that really means nothing when it all comes down.
I got into a fight back in 1990 and it led to a 10 year conviction and a 2nd Degree assault. Being that the crime of violence is attached to that it will be impossible for me and many other to even apply for school due to the fact that we are excluded from entering colleges and many office jobs.

The path of violence in our society is making the mainstream more hesitant to hire. I know that it's very hard for you and your boyfriend and many do not know where to turn. The system just turns their backs on you once you have discharged you sentence. I would suggest that you want to try to go to school on line beacause you can avoid the background checks but once you finish the schooling you have to worry about being able to put that education to work. I have completed a Medical Biling and Coding course online and come to find out I can't even put that to work because of the violent felony. Work for yourselves if you can. That is the only way that you will be able to make those ends meet every month. I have 2 children and the frustration is sometimes more than I can bear but we have to stay strong and move ahead because if not that means that they have kept us down and will continue to do so as long as we don't fight back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

I feel everything your saying. I know it has to be harder having children while your going through all of this. I'm thinking of taking up dental ass. The school said at the end of the coarse that each student will be judged by the board individually. They will look at how long its been and the nature of the crime. I just don't want to let this stop me. We have to prove ourselves in some way. God bless you and if you have any other suggestions let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

oldmantoo49@hotmail.com in Spring, Texas

54 months ago

vanissa in Pensacola, Florida said: Federal law says that employers can only go back 7 years on a back round check. It doesn't matter what state you are in they can not go past 7 years.

are you absolutely certain of this?? my felony was 34 years ago. i got 10 years probation and discharged it in 3.3 years. my conviction was set aside,,,but its still on the records and i cannot get my crime expunged

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

SD0712 in San Diego, California

53 months ago

Hi everyone....

I have a felony on my record that is over 14 years old. I have gone to college (got a business degree with a major emphasis in accounting from San Diego State) got my CPA (The board approved me after my appeal). I went back to the courts and I was able to get my conviction expunged. Expungment only means that your guilty conviction was set aside because you served your time. (I served six months in jail/halfway house) I have worked for some of the largest companies in the world. When asked on my application I put "no" to have I ever been convicted of a felony because I was advised of that from my lawyer. I am really sick of hearing people post things here complaining that they can't get a job. I have worked my ass off and I make a six figure income because I never gave up. My felony was related to a marriage I was in and I caught my wife cheating on me but that doesn't matter. A felony is a felony....If you are looking for work never give up!!!! There is always someone out there who will hire you. By the way...California only goes back 7 years on background checks so if you are working for a company who is not doing government contracts than you will be fine. NEVER EVER GIVE UP!!!! I didn't and I accomplised my goals!!! I hope this helps those of you who are down on themselves.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (83) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

the state of texas will not expunge a conviction for a sex crime, no matter how many years ago it happened. my crime was 35 years ago now. i was given a 10 year probation and i discharged it, but that is not enough. im ashamed of what i did and i will survive. i have talked to a dozen top lawyers and they all told me no. my crime was not judged to be a violent crime, but that doesnt matter. there is no forgiveness or pardon for my crime. God has forgiven me and that is sufficient. i cannot get a pardon of any type. thanks for replying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Joakim I can only suggest that you keep trying to find your rightful place in society and put forth the effort that you have up to this point. That is all any of can do but let me give you some food for thought...Find a field that you would really like to persue and do some of your own investigation. Call the Human Resourse and ask the question that pertain to you. For instance, " I am applying for the position of { Warehouse Clerk } and you want to know if that position excludes felons violent or non-violent? Write this information down and never forget to record who it was that you talked with. do that for every application or inquiry that you come across. The method of the maddness is to make a pattern of this in the future. If it was left up to the government it will never change. As time goes on and you have compiled this information throughout your community and the state present this information to the State Legislators. If you need to know how to do that I have lots of info that may be helpful. Jusst remember that every state is different but it can work if enough of us stick together and make a move to change some of the laws that prevent us from finding some type of gainful employment...

Good luck and keep on top of it and it will all work out...~~~Diggs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tina84 in North Little Rock, Arkansas

53 months ago

I know a friend with a felony and he is in need of a job in the hot springs or the little rock area do anyone have any suggestions. Can you please help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

beverly penn in Benton Harbor, Michigan

53 months ago

I strongly disagree with the comment about what your tired of hearing it's people out here really suffering due to the lack of employment, homelessness, foodless it takes money to do all these things that you my friend can enjoy maybe you had a home to come to or family. what about the people with no one.Try living in a small town that lacks employment even for the ones with no criminal record and you do not have the money to move.Say you go to prison come home and need to provide for your family and can't, that's something you need to do right away not 6 months and beyond down the line cut people some slack like somebody done for you. Everybody needs someone to talk to or vent offer some good advice don't be a hater. Somebody needs to come up with special training for felons only construction,brick mason, glazing, nuclear plants people do have skills that they could apply if given a chance. I'm hot because i have a son that's coming home soon and if it's hard for me to get a job then it's gonna be extremely hard for him. He can't be a truck driver either because he owes driver responsibility and everything else that goes with it, he has a lenthy record that started from juvenile he's 25 been to prison twice so what's out there for him positive? oh and let's not for about the ole child support that's already on him like they don't know where he's at...come on now let's keep it real and this is a mothers perspective. how do you get out..Turn to the sanctuary for help we got to sanity about ourselves.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

david bennett in Spring, Texas

53 months ago

yes i have had several background checks. 7 years ago while working for a oil company i was required to get a T.W.I.C. (TRANSPORTATION WORKER IDENTIFICATION CREDENTIAL) the only way you can get one of these cards is to have a federal background check. the card is still good till 2013. i retired 9-28-2009, but i still have to work. its not like it was 40 years ago. that darn health care insurance is too high, mine is $1123.00 a month,,,so im trying to go back to work till i'm 65 and maybe,just maybe S.S. will still be around. i originally got on this message board to try to find out if there was any way to get my record expunged, but it cannot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cassie Thompson in Saint Paul, Minnesota

53 months ago

I have a 2nd degree felony drug charge and on probation until 2025 and have random drug testing weekly which I dont mind (never been charged with anything before! clean records before this)I have been clean since 2006! I have so much experiance in so many diffrent areas! I have had over 85 interviews and as soon as that question is asked Thats it!!! Does anyone have any suggestion? I am in Minnesota!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Cassie Thompson in Saint Paul, Minnesota

53 months ago

Tina84 in North Little Rock, Arkansas said: I know a friend with a felony and he is in need of a job in the hot springs or the little rock area do anyone have any suggestions. Can you please help.

I have been in Arkansas for a while and dont no if there hireing but in Searcy Land-o-Frost might work out!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kristenmickel in NY

53 months ago

Thanks for sharing wonderful information. Actually this is my first post..
So see you in next conversation..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

larry in Yorktown Heights, New York

53 months ago

Joy in Murfreesboro, Tennessee said: I read an ad thru Hard2Hire.org which helps felons find jobs and CCA accepts F-5 that means if you have a felony is has to be at least five yrs ago. The back ground check only goes back 5yrs, so mine was 8yrs ago (non-violent)does that make me quilified for the job? Does anyone know anything about that? If so, can you elaborate alittle bit?

www.RecoveryContractors.org

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

thanks for your message. i wonder is there a Hard2Hire.org in texas,,especially houston,tx. ive been out of work for 8 months. i need to work even if im old

Joakim in Huntington Beach, California

53 months ago

Diggsthat, a positive update: I finally got a job (after looking/applying everyday for the last year). Its not what I was used too do or even close to same pay rate, but at this point I just needed any kind of job so I started applying for everything and anything. I applied for a small company where chances are less they do background check and they took the bate without questions. I wish everybody else good luck in their job-search. I know it's hard, frustrating BUT it is possible, so just don't give up..stay out of trouble and have a nice day all..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

im very happy for you. i hope you like your new job. now maybe i'll get one soon, i hope.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Joakim I am glad to hear that you are gettin your money. You took the right path to find a small company to apply. Many small companies do not have the resourses to pay for a background check being that they are very expensive in the first place. Keep us informed and keep your head up....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

roshone in San Bernardino, California

53 months ago

SD0712 in San Diego, California said: Hi everyone....

I have a felony on my record that is over 14 years old. I have gone to college (got a business degree with a major emphasis in accounting from San Diego State) got my CPA (The board approved me after my appeal). I went back to the courts and I was able to get my conviction expunged. Expungment only means that your guilty conviction was set aside because you served your time. (I served six months in jail/halfway house) I have worked for some of the largest companies in the world. When asked on my application I put "no" to have I ever been convicted of a felony because I was advised of that from my lawyer. I am really sick of hearing people post things here complaining that they can't get a job. I have worked my ass off and I make a six figure income because I never gave up. My felony was related to a marriage I was in and I caught my wife cheating on me but that doesn't matter. A felony is a felony....If you are looking for work never give up!!!! There is always someone out there who will hire you. By the way...California only goes back 7 years on background checks so if you are working for a company who is not doing government contracts than you will be fine. NEVER EVER GIVE UP!!!! I didn't and I accomplised my goals!!! I hope this helps those of you who are down on themselves.

In California if you served time in prison then you cant get your felony expunged.And your right they can only go back 7 yrs but what about theose whos felony is 2 yrs there only hope is temp agencies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Larry in Tampa, Florida

53 months ago

I have a 4 yr old felony. I was not having any success last year finding a job, even though I have a bachelor's degree. Finally, I applied for a real estate license here in Florida in August of last year. Because of my criminal past, (they pull it all up misdemeanors and all) I had to go in front of the state board. But by dressing nice, showing that I am not involved in that life anymore, and bringing 2 real estate agents I know with me (1 was my sister) to testify on my behalf, I was granted a real estate license. I had to pass the real estate test and the class of course but in March I received my license and have been working hard ever since. My first closing is scheduled for Tuesday of next week. The hours are long, especially in the beginning but if you grind it out, you will end up with a nice income and a decent life. Reguardless of what the news says about the economy and house prices in the toilet, many many people are still buying and selling, and they always will be through the ups and downs of our economy. Good luck to you all. I will gladly talk to anyone who wants more information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

the dudeman in Mineville, New York

53 months ago

roshone in San Bernardino, California said: In California if you served time in prison then you cant get your felony expunged.And your right they can only go back 7 yrs but what about theose whos felony is 2 yrs there only hope is temp agencies.

I spent ten years of my life in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice, and I was able to find a job within the first week of being out, I am about to graduate college with an Associates in Business, I am about to start my Bachelors in Marketing in July, I work full time, and the message that I am trying to send here is that regardless of past events in ones life all that matters is you NEVER GIVE UP!! People do not care for the most part that you have a conviction; what they want to know is that you are not who you once were and that you are willing to take care of your business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

1` in Tampa, Florida

52 months ago

Joy in Murfreesboro, Tennessee said: I read an ad thru Hard2Hire.org which helps felons find jobs and CCA accepts F-5 that means if you have a felony is has to be at least five yrs ago. The back ground check only goes back 5yrs, so mine was 8yrs ago (non-violent)does that make me quilified for the job? Does anyone know anything about that? If so, can you elaborate alittle bit?

I have been 32 years without any arrest and I applyed for a premit to dive a limo and they turned me down. This should not be if a person has been that long with any felony or misdemeanors.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

exarmyman in Hayden, Idaho

52 months ago

brittney in Fort Myers, Florida said: The government complains about people commiting crimes It complains about welfare and other subsidized programs. It complains about drug dealers selling drugs. But.........the reason for the majority of illegal activity or welfare is because it is very very difficult for anyone to get a job with a felony conviction.God forbide, if you have a family to support. Your kids will grow up watching you have hard times. Hmmmmmm....How can we afford to send our kids to college? Our resources are limited. Results, the cycle repeats itself. Therefore, what are the options out there.

Did you know that a worthless check over $300 is a felony.
A felony conviction is comparable to life in prison...because you will spend your life struggling to make ends meet.
How the government is destroying ex-felons.

1) you are punished for the crime....however the punishement never ends.........
Consequences.......
Hard to find a job........background check disqualifies you.....easy way for employer to not hire you.
2) you will not qualify for apartments
3) Most schools will let you enroll......take your money for the course......then you will find that NO one will hire you
4) You will live in poverty ...then you will become eligible for all the low-income programs the government has.......esp. the food pantry because you will have no income or very low income.
5) Most of the time....you are placed on probation..there are fines. You can not find a job or you will lose the one you have with a felony conviction. Then you will be violated because you failed to pay fine or restitution...This is a no win situation

How to survive in america with a felony conviction.....
1) Win the lottery
2) You die
3) Family member hires you in a family business

Please write your governor and explain your problem. Everyone makes mistakes....we are human. A felony conviction is punishment for life..............unless you are wealth

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

exarmyman in Hayden, Idaho

52 months ago

I am on probation in northern idaho,I have been looking for work for almost 10 months.Soon I will be over the one year mark for employer tax breaks,so I am screwed there,but my problem is my probation officer says i violated my probation because I do not have a job and I am current with probation costs.It cost 50 dollars a month because my crime was in Spokane washington.She said she will notify Washington State to come and get me.The thing that makes me mad.Is I have lived here in Idaho all my life.My balance is 0 $.I am on 3 years probation.In truth I think the prosecution have to much power.They scare you so bad.We take a plea bargain,even if we are not guilt.They threatened me with 45 years and I really didnt do anything except throw a fake pipe bomb under some cop car that didn`t even work and no one was near it and made a few threats to a cop.But by case law I never took an Overt act of attempted murder.I could go for days what the procedcution didn`t have,but all I want is my message to be heard,make new friends,educate people,and land a job.If you want to look at what wrong with our trial system.I created a web site.I don`t think the web design service is good,but it was free.Take a look at the site and sign in.Remember I may live in Idaho,but this is a small world.Thanks
speakoutaboutprison.webs.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sweetnesheals in Denver, Colorado

52 months ago

Hi every1, im delaing with a very tough situation here. I was released from prison over a year ago, but currently i am on parole for another 3 years for a money crime. I have worked for several employers but in the month or less time i ahve worked for them I was promised pay which never came thru so I went down to a ex employer which then again didnt pay me. I need to find a job anything, I just now enrolled for Metro but still I need something right now. And also how would I go about getting my money from these 2 employers that promised me money???????? PLEASE HELP

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

country in Granbury, Texas

52 months ago

shaun in Denver, Colorado said: I was able to get my cdl but no one will hire me and my felony is 18 years old. does anyone have any suggestions

reply to all of them, mostly the small companies. They do a diffrent backgroung check of some sort. I'm the opposite, i've had a cdl then got a felony. Some checks, it shows up, most checks it dosent.
My last job, the economy got so bad i had to quit my truck driving job, getting to close to losing my house, foreclosure.
I'm trying to get a non driving job now that i finally sold my house. All the background checks show my felony ( 5 years ago ). Disorderly conduct out of the beautiful state of Arizona.
I'm trying to get into school Heating/ac, start my own business.
When i do, i will only hire felonys
God bless, hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

slugger in Fort Worth, Texas

52 months ago

vanissa in Pensacola, Florida said: Federal law says that employers can only go back 7 years on a back round check. It doesn't matter what state you are in they can not go past 7 years.

This is incorrect information. Employers can go back as far as they want to on a background check.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

exarmyman in Coeur D Alene, Idaho

52 months ago

Sweetnesheals in Denver, Colorado said: Hi every1, im delaing with a very tough situation here. I was released from prison over a year ago, but currently i am on parole for another 3 years for a money crime. I have worked for several employers but in the month or less time i ahve worked for them I was promised pay which never came thru so I went down to a ex employer which then again didnt pay me. I need to find a job anything, I just now enrolled for Metro but still I need something right now. And also how would I go about getting my money from these 2 employers that promised me money???????? PLEASE HELP

www.briansimmons.mywirelessrep.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ctchick in Hartford, Connecticut

52 months ago

I have been a respiratory therapist for 13yrs now back in 2003 i got into some trouble and caught 3 felony conviction 2 for forgery and one for embezzlement. i have been lucky with jobs until 1 yrs ago when i got laid off for my employer now i can't find a job no where and when i do apply i get turned down because of my record which doesn't have anything to do with my profession.. now what can i do.. i don't want 13yrs of experience to go down the drain and the crazy part is the state of ct let me keep my license but what good is it if no one will hire you from a mistake i made 7 yrs ago!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

SD0712 in San Diego, California

52 months ago

roshone in San Bernardino, California said: In California if you served time in prison then you cant get your felony expunged.And your right they can only go back 7 yrs but what about theose whos felony is 2 yrs there only hope is temp agencies.

I did not serve time in a state prison. I served time in County Jail. Like I said an expungement only states that your guilty conviction is "set aside" but it still will come up on a background check that a government agency would run. No worries there I would never work for our POS gov't!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Will in Victorville, California

51 months ago

Q: If a employer can only go back 7 years on a background check and seven years only, then do I have to disclose it on the job application question box? ,

or now that I have 7 years past can I leave it blank ( I know it is taking a chance).

or if I dont will they know I have a felony but not what type due to the 7 year thing.

the dudeman in Mineville, New York

51 months ago

I was convicted of a felony 13 years ago, and the job I have right now (just got it) asked on their application for a felony only 7 years ago. I left it blank, and the two interviews that I had (one with the Vice President) said they did a background check, but never brought up my conviction. I ended up disclosing my felony, and the fact that I spent 10 years in prison, but they did not care, and they actually said they respected the fact that I even told them. I cant say this works for everyone, but the one thing that I have learned since being out of prison is that employers for the most part would rather know then not, and they will have more respect for you in the long run.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Army Grunt in Austin, Texas

51 months ago

Army Grunt in Austin, Texas said: I believe it's called a 1234.5 which will expunge your record. you must show a time period of no recidivism, usually of about 2 yrs minimum and then can apply to CA DOJ for it. I would suggest going to your local congressman or representative. They have assistants which you need to plead your case to about wanting genuine change. With a legal rep on your side (and they work for free) it will speed up the process so you can get your life back on track. All it will show is arrest record and then found not guilty. You should google the statutes prior to going to your state rep.

I was a 2 timer, did my time, got off parole, etc. I offered to join the military several yrs back when no one would join because everyone was getting blown up. That was the deal I structured and it worked. I know have a decent job after the military and a family that I can support. I told the state rep (and I was very serious about this) that if I couldn't get a 2nd chance here in my native country that I would join the French Foreign Legion. If you honorably serve your 1st term in the legion without desertion or dying, they'll give you a French passport, birth certificate and a whole new life. I also spoke with the French embassy about it and they give you a job and free college when you get out. That was option 2. But.... it all worked out and all I had to do was murder people for my own country and I got a pass in life.

Ya I'm hung over it's a 1203.4 to expunge the record.... I must be still drunk... don't listen to my 12345 bs....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

southsidesusie in Rancho Cucamonga, California said: It is super hard for me to get a call back from any one for any type of job but I am still trying and NO IT IS NOT EASIER TO TO BAD THEN GOOD. this girl is done doing bad. GOOD LUCK

look up California law to expunge record 1203.4 see if you qualify

david bennett in Houston, Texas

51 months ago

thank you for your reply. in texas i cant get my record expunged,,,but thats ok. im 59 yrs old and there arent any jobs down here. i have 168 resumes out and nobody has called or contacted me. i do have a small check from my 401 that helps but that is it. my felony was 35 yrs ago and ive had no crimes since,,,,except crying a lot about not being able to get a job. thank you and may God Bless you for your reply

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

david bennett in Houston, Texas said: thank you for your reply. in texas i cant get my record expunged,,,but thats ok. im 59 yrs old and there arent any jobs down here. i have 168 resumes out and nobody has called or contacted me. i do have a small check from my 401 that helps but that is it. my felony was 35 yrs ago and ive had no crimes since,,,,except crying a lot about not being able to get a job. thank you and may God Bless you for your reply

Well severity of the felony can affect employment. That being said it's almost completely absurd to have a caste system of any sort in this nation. By not allowing felons any potential for personal growth, this nation creates a system in which that person will most likely go back to some form of crime because they have virtually no chance for a future along with extreme stress. But that doesn't relieve the felon from having personal accountability and cannot use that likely scenario as an excuse. Honestly I would go to a publicly elected representative and argue this case right here... how can I expect to be an honest respectable member of society when I am a cast out pariah based upon a bad decision nearly 4 decades ago? It is to some extent a variation of bigotry like creating unfair rent laws and civil laws for gay populations, underfunded and dangerous environments for minority groups.... I mean Christ they even tried passing laws to not allow an Irish vote years ago. Now you see conservative Irish talk show hosts rattling off about how these "degenerate groups" are destroying "their country." I'm sorry that's hilarious to me!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

cLove8520 in Indianapolis, Indiana said: That is so true my boyfriend and I are having the same problem. We can't find a job just to make ends meet. I'm trying to get into college and trying to find the right career path for me. Medical...they say i can't do Law...not sure if they'll except me there My felony is going on 6 years, I haven't been in trouble since...when are we ever going to be considered rehibilitated!!!!!!!!!!

If you want to do medical and you have a felony they won't let you be in a position where you administer controlled substances like morphine, etc. See you're not trustworthy... but you could always clean the sheets and take out the trash... I've had 2 friends get their pre req's for nursing only to be denied following a medical career due to convictions.

indeedgirl2 in Canyon Country, California

51 months ago

hello well currently i been looking for a job for about a year now and no one would hire me because of my background ive been out of work for 3 years because i decided to go back to school and i was pregnant i have a great education i just have a bad record that is not violent just mistake i made as a teenager. If anyone know of a job this felony friendly please email me thanks........... misstipakadodgegirl@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

indeedgirl2 in Canyon Country, California

51 months ago

david bennett in Houston, Texas said: thank you for your reply. in texas i cant get my record expunged,,,but thats ok. im 59 yrs old and there arent any jobs down here. i have 168 resumes out and nobody has called or contacted me. i do have a small check from my 401 that helps but that is it. my felony was 35 yrs ago and ive had no crimes since,,,,except crying a lot about not being able to get a job. thank you and may God Bless you for your reply

when theres a god theres a way god bless

51 months ago

as stupid as i am i never read my court papers from 34 years ago. on the court papers it says "i am entitled to a new trial an dismissal of this cause" an then the letter from the probation dept says " enclosed you will find a copy of the "Order of the Court Dismissing the Cause",,,,this took place 34 years ago. i recently said 35 but it was actually 34 years. now i have to ask " what does the document mean "dismissing the cause"? i discharged my probation, but i'm old and not to bright,so i thought i would as some of ya'll. that dont mean expunged or pardoned does it,,,i dont think so. i thought i had to get the pardon from the president. please help an old fool to understand.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

i cannot cut and paste my court documents nor can i attach them like a email or i would i would like someone in the know to see them

Joyce Ortega in Winter Haven, Florida

50 months ago

ctchick in Hartford, Connecticut said: I have been a respiratory therapist for 13yrs now back in 2003 i got into some trouble and caught 3 felony conviction 2 for forgery and one for embezzlement. i have been lucky with jobs until 1 yrs ago when i got laid off for my employer now i can't find a job no where and when i do apply i get turned down because of my record which doesn't have anything to do with my profession.. now what can i do.. i don't want 13yrs of experience to go down the drain and the crazy part is the state of ct let me keep my license but what good is it if no one will hire you from a mistake i made 7 yrs ago!!!!

Well you can use wat you have learned in Medical field to gain heakth and wealth at the same time.there are aot of former and current proffesionals in the business that are helping themselves and others reach goals that society says to you cant.I encourage you to look into it .I can definitely can agree that it is hard to be given a second chance in this U.S However I was fortunate to come accross a company called Ardyss International It has changed my life for the better. my probation officer is impressed and has gave me the go ahead to continue Business venture. so if your son is serious and is ready to change his life and do things right,here is my website www.ardysslife.com/worksmart4life I am looking for New Businesspartners/Distributors that are ambitous,determined,and ready to improve their health and wealth. all of my Contact information is on my website. God Bless and hope to hear from you soon..

Ignovi in Plainfield, Illinois

49 months ago

(Sorry I ran out of room on the last posting)

Regardless of the state you live in, if it was a state or federal offense, or how recent or long ago the offense may have been there are stipulations in practically every state to get the arrest (and conviction) either sealed, expunged, or petition for clemency/pardon. Each state is a little different but generally fairly close to the process of all other states as a whole.

Since starting this business, I have worked with people in Arizona, Texas, Tennessee, California, Florida, North Carolina, Illinois, and New York. Because of the stipulations and guidelines associated with getting these criminal records dealt with, as a whole, an attorney is not needed. However the process is very cumbersome and if not done properly will result in several failed attempts. For instance, in Illinois there is a 1 year waiting period between submissions which means that if you don't submit the petition properly the first time you have to wait an entire year before you can do it again. Additionally, Illinois Law only precludes that the Governor must review petitions prior to leaving office, which means if the timing is wrong a person could be waiting up to four years before they could get an official response.

So I am offering my experience and staff to help everyone out by clearing their criminal records through www.ignovi.com. If you have done your research, the national average for an attorney to undergo this process is $6,000-$10,000 with no guarantee as to the outcome. While Ignovi can't guarantee the outcome as well, we have a very strong record and typically our charges are less than 50% of most attorney's.

So I encourage everyone to keep their chin up and strive to better themselves. Let Ignovi help you to regain your life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

SGT in Charleston, West Virginia

49 months ago

One of the primary reasons for not allowing individuals holding felony offense on their record, is the potential for that individual to be near or have the need to use a deadly weapon, which for a fellon is a federal offense. Also anyone holding a federal charge, or a federal indictment has No chance at doing corrections or police work, anyone holding a federal charge falls under a law reffered to as Giglio, meaning that you cannot testify, prepare a deposition, or get an affidavit for any federal proceedings.

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.