felony friendly

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 194)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

ariesqueen1974 in Logansport, Indiana

34 months ago

Joy in Murfreesboro, Tennessee said: I read an ad thru Hard2Hire.org which helps felons find jobs and CCA accepts F-5 that means if you have a felony is has to be at least five yrs ago. The back ground check only goes back 5yrs, so mine was 8yrs ago (non-violent)does that make me quilified for the job? Does anyone know anything about that? If so, can you elaborate alittle bit?

FYI, Everyone I am currently going through the same thing 13 years one and only ocnviction, recieved my Bachelors degree with a 4.0 while working two jobs and raising three children after my release on my own, and serve on a board for a local community corrections program, have all the judges in my town and prossecutors standing behind me and still having a hard time. I am currently a sales manager in auto sales. I just wanted everyone on here to be aware that you can apply for a pardon after a certain number of years, Im sure it is different for each state, and it is a long process, and not many are granted. BUT it is an opportunity and what do you have to lose NOTHING!!! I downloaded all the paperwork I needed from my state website you can google it and I have completed the entire process on my own no attorney involved. So I think it's free and worth a shot. I currently went in front of the Parole board and am currently awaiting an answer from the Govenor of my state. If you get the pardon you can then go into the courts and file for expungement which wipes the felony record completly out. The pardon does not do this in Indiana at least. So this is one way we can voice our dislike as well as let them know we have paid the price its time to let us get on with our lives instead of continuing to hinder us in our growth. Hope this helps someone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

rose in Phoenix, Arizona

33 months ago

i am looking for a gob as well with a d/v on my record and can't find any thing living in the state of AZ and still on probation most of the temp jobs don't hire when a person is on probation can any one help me in this matter ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

cwj@mail.com in Chattanooga, Tennessee

33 months ago

Check this out y`all, the state of Tennessee denied me for a unarmed security license but, turn around and aloud me to have a handgun carry permit. What wrong with that picture? Can someone explain this to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

Check this out y`all, the state of Tennessee denied me for a unarmed security license but, turn around and aloud me to have a handgun carry permit. Whats wrong with that picture? Can someone explain this to me.I`m not a convicted felon just a few mist.

33 months ago

Check this out y`all, the state of Tennessee denied me for a unarmed security license but, turn around and aloud me to have a handgun carry permit. Whats wrong with that picture? Can someone explain this to me.I`m not a convicted felon just a few mist.

diggstown33 in Huntersville, North Carolina

33 months ago

vanissa in Pensacola, Florida said: Federal law says that employers can only go back 7 years on a back round check. It doesn't matter what state you are in they can not go past 7 years.

thats not true in charlotte nc i tried to a job they went back to when i got me felony wasin 1992 and send me the backgound check in which i failed it

msbradley in Houghton, Michigan

33 months ago

I live in Michigan and I have had a hard time in the last 2yrs finding a job as well, but I have earned a degree this yr. My last conviction was in 2007 and supervision ended in 2009. I have a total of 6 sentences in which two where attempts, and I tried using legal match and a lawyer replied and said he would charge me 1200[1500 to do An expungement.. I am in a bad situation, and all I can think to do is to write to my governor.. I will also be going to the parole/probation officers and asking do they give certificates for good conduct, as well as providing two-three letters of recommendation to the governor. Does any1 know Michigan Law exceptionally to help me with this ordeal.. Please respond asap..

33 months ago

a michican i wish i could help you i dont know wish you all the best keep your head up

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kona in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

32 months ago

I had a misdemeanor theft and another charge I dont even know what is was, in 1987. When I moved to Florida, I got a job at Prudential Securites. I lied about the conviction, since it was in another state. That was 1996. A year later I was hired at Smith Barney. I did list my conviction on that and I had to write a letter to the HR, get a copy of the report and I got to keep my job for 4 1/2 years. Since then I have worked for major companies, all doing major background checks on me. I have never been turned down for my past. Granted it was a 2 misdemeanors and they are now 24 years old, but Ive never had any problems. I received 2 state licenses one as a mortgage broker. I guess Ive been lucky, and I know there are some success stories out there. We need to hear those so we can help others... That is the goal isnt it?? Good Luck to all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

just helping in Saint Paul, Minnesota

32 months ago

scooby in Mankato, Minnesota said: Well im looking for felony friendly jobs around Minnesota. Do anyone know where i can find some?

the city jobs in minnesota hire felonys, parks and rec and more call for listing of city run jobs.

mitchell allen in Westcliffe, Colorado

32 months ago

shaun in Denver, Colorado said: I was able to get my cdl but no one will hire me and my felony is 18 years old. does anyone have any suggestions

you can always become a bounty hunter. in colorado as long as your felony is 15 years old you can get your license to hunt. good luck man, i know its hard out there.

krynndee in Surprise, Arizona

32 months ago

shaun in Denver, Colorado said: I was able to get my cdl but no one will hire me and my felony is 18 years old. does anyone have any suggestions

I got my CDL 3 months after being released from prison and I got a job right away. I started out with a small company where you actually work with the owner of the company. Got the experience that I needed and moved on to a bigger company. Within 6 Months after being realsed I was making $22.00 an hour.

capedda in Denver, Colorado

32 months ago

I was convicted 5 years ago of an F4 drug possession.The courts are no longer punishing me but society still is.Can pass a drug test with no problem, but not a background check.Because of my felony, I am unemployable.My brother in-law told me that if you get even one blemish on your record, then you are done. Boy was he ever right.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

A SURPRISE ARIZONA THATS WHAT IM TRYING TO DO NOW IS GET MY CDL JUST WAITING FOR A CALL BACK TRY EVERY THING ELSE NO CALLS BACK SO I SAID TO MY SELF GET YOUR CDL GET ON THE ROAD EVERY THING GO RIGHT MAYBE I SEE YOU ON THE ROAD

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

NinaMarie in East Haven, Connecticut

31 months ago

rick
my names nina.. i was convicted for credit card fraud in 2005.. i ended up gettin into a little bit of trouble 2 years ago and had to do the rest of my sentence.. now i am going to school to become a substance abuse counselor.. i am halfway through.. i only have 1 more year to go.. i have almost a 4.0 gpa at my college.. i am doing great.. ive been reading stuff on the internet and i am starting to feel like i should just give up because it seems hopeless that i will be able to get a job as a counselor.. do you have any suggestions?/ or does anyone? i dont know if i should continue going to school.. I am worried i am wasting over 20,000 dollars going to school..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

eric66 in Berlin, Connecticut

31 months ago

Brian in Bridgeport, Connecticut said: I am interesten in becoming a Corrections Officer in Connecticut. I have a 9 year old felony conviction for car theft and a 7 year old misdemeanor assault charge. I have worked for a large security company since then and the issue never came up.

I have a 16yr old felony conviction,no problems since and i was denied a state of ct guard card.Just curious on how you were able to get a job with a security firm.

david bennett in Houston, Texas

31 months ago

my felony was 36 years ago and im disabled now and cant work, but i cant find anyone that will help me get my conviction expunged. i was given 10 yrs probation and the conviction was set aside. i served 3.5 years of the probation and discharged the sentense. but like i said no one will help me here in texas. 1 place offered to get my record expunged for $3000.00, but i think that is excessive. all the rest told me i counld not get it expunged and i would have to carry it to the grave with me. i was told in texas it doesnt matter how long i've been good, i cannot get my record expunged at all ever.

31 months ago

chino in New Orleans, Louisiana said: you know you're lucky to just have a state felony that you can expunge. those who have a federal felony will never get it off there record. unless they get a presidential pardon.

my felony was 36 yrs ago. i was given 10 years probation and never had to serve time and it was my 1st offense. i discharged my probation in 3.5 yrs but no one and i mean no one in texas will represent me and help me to get my record expunged. i know no attorneys ever read this forum before. ive been told if you get a conviction that you never live it down, you take it to the grave with you. ive had 6 attorneys turn me down. 1 has told me he would do it for $3000.00 . i want it expunged and sealed and my second amendant rights back. i got robbed at gunpoint in my own driveway in broad day light in 2009. i want to be able to protect my wife and me. and it would be nice if i could hunt again. havent had feral hog or deer or swamp rabbit in 36 years. i wish someone would help me.

31 months ago

david allen bennett in Houston, Texas said: i understand your dillema. my felony was 35 years ago ,,,my conviction was set aside and i was given 10 yrs probation which i discharged in 3.5 yrs. ive been told i cannot get my felony expunged, which i know is a lie. im disabled with phlebitis and diabetes, and i.b.s,,,etc, etc but the gov dont give a damn. s.s. has turned me down twice for disability. but soon ill go before the judge and he will see my swollen balackened legs and he will tell s.s. to give it to me. three cardiologists have already made statements that because of the blood clots, i will never be able to work again. im living off a very small amount of money from my life savings and my little 401k check. it dont go far.

it has now been over 36.5 years. i had to update this

capedda in Golden, Colorado

31 months ago

So very sorry to hear of your misfortune. I was told by the courts that I can never seal my record also. Same as you. Will take this to my grave. We are good people that just made that one mistake. May as well stick a fork in us because we are done. My felony was state. Thank God it was not federal or else I would want to be jail just for food and shelter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

1881livia in Wood Dale, Illinois said: Oh lord, is this what waits for me, too? Years and years of nothing but trying? I have a class 4 felony drug conviction and just as a side note this is my only ever arrest. Just this week I had two companies (YWCA, Sam's Club/WALmart Stores) turn me down due to my conviction that is two years old.

My drug coviction is the only thing I have on my record and I have been made an offer for employment with several companies but as soon as they do the background check, they pull the offer off of the table. I have applied at Wal-Mart 3 times. Been turned down all 3 times but this last time they told me that next year I am eligible for hire depending on my drug test and background check but the explanation was confidential why I could be hired next year but not now. The only thing that I can figure is that next year I will be past the 5 year mark since my conviction. So I think they will hire you after 5 years. I know someone in management at Wal_Mart and she said they do hire felons. They are also listed with the county workforce center where I live as a company that will hire felons. I do think they just want 5 years and then you are eligible. I was told at the workforce center that alot of companies want 5 to 7 years before companies will hire. Some want 10. Just depends. Good luck to us all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

Exhausted in Broomfield, Colorado said: I have a theft conviction from CA in 2002, living in CO now. Just was shot down for an auto sales license from the state. Clearly stated, felony convictions must be 10 yrs or older. Was working and got laid off in 2008, never thought I'd still be looking in 2011. Have actually been offered 3 jobs in the last 2 weeks, they withdrawn once the background came back. I did disclose upfront though, the people I interviewed with wanted me, their HR Dept. didn't. I haven't given up, I send 4 - 5 resumes a day, I'm counting on the law of averages to work. I try to pick small family owned business's when possible. For those of you who THINK it's impossible, YOUR PROBABLY RIGHT!
Been applying for jobs for over 2 1/2 years now with no luck. I too have had managers want to hire me but HR says no. So tired of it all already.

31 months ago

Army Grunt in Austin, Texas said: Ya I'm hung over it's a 1203.4 to expunge the record.... I must be still drunk... don't listen to my 12345 bs....

a congressman or representative,,,ive tried and they say no way. 35 years ago i was convicted of a sex crime, not a violent one but might as been one. and i was given 10 yrs and that changed to 10 yrs probation which i discharged in 3.5 yrs. my convicton was set aside. that all took place in 1975,,rather i was arrested in june 1975 and tried and convicted in jan 1976. i discharged my probation honorably. i worked for an oil company for 30 years and i had other jobs back to 1975. i was working for hughes tool company in 1975 when i was arrested. i have walked a chalk line ever since jan 1975 and have not missed a days work. i took a lump sum retirement in 2009 from the oil company and was declared unable to work by 3 cardiologists in 1-1-2011 because of phlebitis and diabetes. i had blood clots in both legs. i had a previous problem with phlebitis in 2002 and was hospitalized then too. but the important part i've been straight since 1976 with no convictions of any kind. but ive been told there is no hope for me regardless of expungement.

Alan in Katonah, New York

30 months ago

Gary in Larchmont, New York said: Interesting. I came across a company called Tactical Recovery Network that does licensing. Do you know anything about them? www.recoverycontractors.org

Those guys are good. My friend took a course with them and said the instructors were really good. I guess connecticut makes you take a course through certain schools before you get into the businees. Hes a Bail Enforcement Agent now and is doing pretty well. Sometimes he makes a few thousand for making certain arrests.

Joe in Katonah, New York

30 months ago

mitchell allen in Westcliffe, Colorado said: you can always become a bounty hunter. in colorado as long as your felony is 15 years old you can get your license to hunt. good luck man, i know its hard out there.

I know guys who have become bail enforcement agents in ct. they are doing pretty good now. Im gonna get into it after the holidays. i iknow this school training people for licensing www.recoverycontractors.org

Toney Holloman in Waterbury, Connecticut

30 months ago

Hey My name is Toney and I have been out since May 2011. I chose waterbury because it was a new start and away from my past. And I have been blessed with a wonderful woman who has been encouraging me to stay right. She is my entire inspiration. But I agree with all of you it is hard out here but the one advantage that I have is that I am NOT trusting the world but in GOD. And since coming out of jail, EVERY NEED has been provided for me including my girl, for which I am doing and staying straight. Of course for me too but she is the reason I have NOT returned to the life. Exercise your faith people let GOD know you trust him and watch him work! Network with people and use google to find companies who are felon friendly!

Love to all of you

Toney

Dax Person in Seattle, Washington

30 months ago

I read the above comments with abject fear. I have one arrest, no conviction and charges dropped and it seems I will NOT be able to get the tiny bit of help from Clinton Era Workforce Investment Act. I go to Worksource the Washington State Employment office, a guy with a CDL and numerous other qualifications and he's long term unemployed. I talk to others for just a personal reference and their eyes glaze over. I have no place to go and I am at wits end.

david a. bennett in Houston, Texas

30 months ago

i have contacted every congressman, every senator and every house of representative and despite my felony being reduced to 10 yrs probation 33 yrs ago and i discharged it in 3.5 yrs after the probation and have walked a chalk line ever since. and worked at lyondellbasell for 30 years and only missing 6 weeks because of surgeries. after all this time (37 yrs) not a darn one of my representatives have helped me to expunge and seal my conviction. im 60 yrs old now and i think expungement is an out and out lie. the governor of texas, my primary congressman and my senators,,, none of them have helped me to get expunged and my case sealed

30 months ago

When I went to the courts after completing my probation to see about sealing my record, I was told that because it was a Class IV fleony, I couldn't even file to petition the courts. Only with a Class V or VI could I file a petition, and the clerk told me she had NEVER seen one sealed in the entire time she has been a clerk there. I think it is impossible. We are stuck with it until the day we die. Doesn't matter if we have turned our lives around. We are now labled with this ugly stigma.

30 months ago

Ekcoe in Grand Junction, Colorado said: Your biggest crime is that you're an idiot. You can't even write a complete sentence. You're a felon and you're ignorant. Do yourself a favor. Violate your probation so you can be reincarcerated.

To Ekcoe in Grand Junction- It seems like the pot is calling the kettle black. Shame on you and keep your ugly to yourself. The world is too full of ugly. You must be without sin as you are casting the first stone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

whoever it was that posted the message below was addressing the wrong person. my conviction was 37 years ago.

Date: 1/14/2012 11:13:19 AM
To: oldmantoo49@hotmail.com
Subject: New comment in Corrections Officer Forum

Forums > Job > Corrections Officer

Reply posted to felony friendly

Ekcoe in Grand Junction, Colorado said: Your biggest crime is that you're an idiot. You can't even write a complete sentence. You're a felon and you're ignorant. Do yourself a favor. Violate your probation so you can be reincarcerated.

To Ekcoe in Grand Junction- It seems like the pot is calling the kettle black. Shame on you and keep your ugly to yourself. The world is too full of ugly. You must be without sin as you are casting the first stone.

Reply - View Comments

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Forum Alert is brought to you by Indeed.com.

Cancel this alert.

my email is oldmantoo491@hotmail.com
and im not an idiot, i dont even know what you are talking about

30 months ago

my conviction was in jan 1976,,,soon to be 37 years ago. i discharged my probation 3.5 yrs after my conviction. and ive been told by numerous attorneys it would cost me $3000.00 to get my record expunged and sealed. not only that but none of my representatives in my district or the governor of texas (Rick Perry) will even address the issue with me. i cant get anyone to help me. and my crime was 37 years ago. now who do i contact?

30 months ago

i thank you for your reply, but i was convicted of a sexual crime which i really regret. it wasnt a violent crime but it was a sexual crime. i was 24 and she was 14. i take all the blame as i should and yet she was sexually agressive. if i had of gone to the pen i would have been killed. but thank god i got probation and discharged it. i only got probation because of extenuating circumstances which i wont go into.im 60 now and there is not anyone in the state of texas that will help me get it expunged and sealed. i know ive tried. none the less thank you for your reply.
if i had of killed someone i could have gotten it expunged. i know because i know murderers that got expunged and sealed.

HILLED in Kittrell, North Carolina

30 months ago

YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO QUALIFY FOR THE WORK FORCE INVESTMENT ACT REGAURDLESS IF YOU HAVE A FELONY OR NOT. I HAVE A FELONY FROM BACK IN 1988. I WAS LAID OFF FROM A JOB IN 2004 WHEN WORK WAS SLOW AND THIS PROGRAM PAID 100 PERCENT OF MY COLLEGE EXPENSES GAVE ME A CHARGE ACCOUNT AT THE BOOK STORE AND PAID ME TO DRIVE BACK AND FOURTH TO SCHOOL I GRADUATED WITH A 3.5 GPA AND WORK FOR AN AWESOME COMPANY CALLED CATERPILLAR. THEY ARE FELONY FRIENDLY IF YOU ARE UP FRONT WITH THEM ABOUT WHAT YOU DID.

allan in Saint Peters, Missouri

30 months ago

i worked for Navajo out of Denver and have a fellon

30 months ago

Maybe you could try Mile -Hi Fruit and Produce or Federal Fruit and Produce down in Denargo Market in Denver,CO. I know someone with a felony background that worked at both places. GOOD LUCK !

30 months ago

That would be great except I cant afford to move to Denver and my skinny ass wife cant take the cold. I need expungement and my felony to be sealed more than I need a job. Ive already been granted full disability,,,but I need my gun rights back so I can protect me and my wife from all these drug lords we have in Houston. And not one,not even one of my congressman/senators will help me to get my 37 yr old crime expunged and sealed.

bobbyt in West Palm Beach, Florida

30 months ago

i have four felony for pawning a playstation 2 an a dvd player when i was 18 i went jobcorp program an got a trade since then ive only had 2 jobs now am jobless my friends always ask me how could you be so happy when you dont have anythin i reply back by sayin mayb god have a plan for me i kno there are million of peoople that are worst then me my charge wasnt a big deal compard to some of you guys.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

mani got one felony in 1992 poss of a saw off shotgun didnt do now jail time but 5 years on paper i still cant this off my back i wish what you have will rub off on me im in the dumps some times i to put a gun in my mouth and pulled the trigger its so bad then i look at picture of my son and i now i got to keep on going .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

I really understand how you feel. I certainly felt like offing myself too. Not being able to get a job and for as old as I am, I feel like I am just sitting around now waiting to die. What a way to live just because of a drug charge over five years ago.

Kevin in Saint Louis, Missouri

29 months ago

Hey there guys I am from St. Louis and im in need of a job if anyone knows anything please take time to reply. It will be greatly appreciated.

29 months ago

Wal-Mart will hire after 5 years past a conviction and Home Depot will hire. That's the way it is in Denver but may be something you could check into in your area.

Duparte in Torrance, California

29 months ago

Hi, Im looking for some advice..What was the time span between when you were convicted, expunged, and took the CPA? I am currently on a similar path. I was convicted in 2006, but I violated probation in 09 + received another misdemeanor. My first request for expunge in '09. was obviously denied. Since then I have gotten BA business Econ from UCIrvine, have been steady working in bookkeeping for 1 year, and am studying to sit for CPA exam within 1 more year. Currenty, there has been 2.5 years passed since any trouble. I have been clean, doing well. What adversities may I face? Please advise, I've been non stop worrying

SD0712 in San Diego, California said: Hi everyone....

I have a felony on my record that is over 14 years old. I have gone to college (got a business degree with a major emphasis in accounting from San Diego State) got my CPA (The board approved me after my appeal). I went back to the courts and I was able to get my conviction expunged. Expungment only means that your guilty conviction was set aside because you served your time. (I served six months in jail/halfway house) I have worked for some of the largest companies in the world. When asked on my application I put "no" to have I ever been convicted of a felony because I was advised of that from my lawyer. I am really sick of hearing people post things here complaining that they can't get a job. I have worked my ass off and I make a six figure income because I never gave up. My felony was related to a marriage I was in and I caught my wife cheating on me but that doesn't matter. A felony is a felony....If you are looking for work never give up!!!! There is always someone out there who will hire you. By the way...California only goes back 7 years on background checks so if you are working for a company who is not doing government contracts than you will be fine. NEVER EVER GIVE UP!!!! I didn't and I accomplised my goals!!! I hope this helps those of you who are down on themselves.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Duparte in Torrance, California

29 months ago

SD0712 in San Diego, California said: I did not serve time in a state prison. I served time in County Jail. Like I said an expungement only states that your guilty conviction is "set aside" but it still will come up on a background check that a government agency would run. No worries there I would never work for our POS gov't!!!!!!

Did you disclose your past felony on CPA application process?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jill in Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin

29 months ago

Hi,

Any suggestions on how to get ahold of an employment specialist in WI? Where do you begin?

Thanks

Candice in Detroit, Michigan

29 months ago

Not sure...I work off a grant that specializes in rehabbing felons...you should check with you local human services dept. or the courts

29 months ago

i was looking at my records and "the motion for a new trial was granted. judgement of conviction is set aside and cause is dismissed in accordance to texas statutes." on july of 1979. i did 3 yrs and 4 months of my 10 year probation without violation. now i have to ask a stupid question. is this setting aside similiar to expungement and sealing the conviction.? i was convicted of the felony and according to the papers, granted a new trial. that has been 30+ years ago. and i am totally disabled according to S.S. and can never work again. what say you. im ignorant and dont know the answers....please reply

29 months ago

i replied to a previous comment. i am totally disabled abd cannot work at all. i have phlebitis in both legs all the way up to my hips. and no one will employ me in any fashion in houston texas. im 60 now and will be drawing s.s. total disability soon. read my other replies to understand more..my conviction has been set aside and ive been granted a new trial 30 yrs ago. i would like to get it expunged and sealed and my 2nd amendment rights restored as i have been robbed at gunpoint twice in broad daylight and im 60 and my wife is 75 and i fear for her life and the thought of my wife being harmed scares me to death. and a gun stuck to my forehead scares me to death too. please reply

bdexter156 in Lake Stevens, Washington

29 months ago

I was a marine for four years, corrections officer for 5 years and a felon for 2 now. my whole life has been for me to make myself better and now it seems like nobody will look at that and all they see is my theft felony while i got into drugs. ive been through the programs and now im clean and have been for a long time. what can i do ... kill me now

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

my crime was 37 years ago. and i served 3.5 yrs of a 10 yr probation. i did get a letter that i was entitled to a new trial but that was it. its as if they were saying that i should just curl up and die. and i cant get a damn one of the legislators to even consider expungement much less sealing the conviction and restoring my 2nd amendment rights.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.