How long does the whole process take?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 878)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

nigera07 in Baltimore, Maryland

55 months ago

andrew said: I see your question was 10 months ago. Hey if u are working for md doc let me know how long u had to wait after they contacted your references.

Hi Andrew I was wondering have u been hired yet

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (60) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

Pitt08 in Cumberland, Maryland

50 months ago

I took the test May 2011 and receive a best qualified score. I have never been called for an interview. Has this happened to anyone else? Should i give up?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (120) / No (62) Reply - Report abuse

yellow in Wayne, New Jersey

49 months ago

Pitt08 in Cumberland, Maryland said: I took the test May 2011 and receive a best qualified score. I have never been called for an interview. Has this happened to anyone else? Should i give up?

you should haven't gotten an interview packet with your test scores

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

kitacherie in Washington, District of Columbia

28 months ago

& yes it was for Baltimore city I couldn't believe it because I filled out my app in July

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

kitacherie

28 months ago

i dont know exactly why the process is taking that long for you.. because mine was extremely fast i am suprised i would call and find out

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

BlueTm in Baltimore, Maryland

27 months ago

ocjohnson79 in Washington, District of Columbia said: Wow that seems like the process was fast for you. Do you have any idea how many people they are looking to hire? How long did it take to get your interview date once your test was scpred? Do you know if you get ypur background check donr, can it be used for other state jobs cuz i have been chosen to test for two additional state jobs. THANKS

I'm not sure how many people there looking to hire, I'm guessing a decent amount the job posting is still up. After my test was scored I received a "notice of interview" email which was about one week than I had to call and the lady set me up with an interview date. I don't know if the Background check can be used for other jobs!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ocjohnson79 in Edgewood, Maryland

26 months ago

kitacherie said: well the interview that you are going to is you background investagation everything that say will come on the jobaps website where you apply. n i applied in july i didnt get my conditional offer til last month so in 6 months ima say and they changed my interview date to next 2/19/14 and after that i will know my decision o what they wanna do and when my start date will be

How did everything go yesterday? I still have not received an interview date though i was selected to interview? Should I be concerned,or do you think it might be due to the govt. weather closures last week?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

BlueTm in Baltimore, Maryland said: I'm not sure how many people there looking to hire, I'm guessing a decent amount the job posting is still up. After my test was scored I received a "notice of interview" email which was about one week than I had to call and the lady set me up with an interview date. I don't know if the Background check can be used for other jobs!

Have you heard anything? I haven't but thought it might have been due to the weather and holiday closures.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Ocjohnson79 in Edgewood, Maryland said: Have you heard anything? I haven't but thought it might have been due to the weather and holiday closures.

I actually got emailed yesterday,for an follow up interview and also the results of my psych exam on March, 5, 2014.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

ocjohnson79 in Edgewood, Maryland

26 months ago

BlueTm in Baltimore, Maryland said: I actually got emailed yesterday,for an follow up interview and also the results of my psych exam on March, 5, 2014.

Ugh.... My online account still says selected for interview...this sooo frustrating!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kitacherie in Ellicott City, Maryland

26 months ago

everything went well now i completed the whole process now i am waiting to hear if i got the job or not

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kitacherie in Ellicott City, Maryland

26 months ago

ocjohnson79 in Edgewood, Maryland said: Ugh.... My online account still says selected for interview...this sooo frustrating!

just be patience it will all work out you have to realize it alot of people applying you will get there

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

I am so frustrated. Here I've been sitting waiting for an interview date since Feb. 7th and I find out today that I have been marked failure to respond. I should have just called them cuz they claimed to have emailed me a notice for an interview on Feb. 11th!!!!! I never got it. The lady said maybe it went to my spam. Why would that be if I have gotten all their previous emails. Anyway, she said she will put me on the list to receive another notice.....I could have been on the fingerprinting or physical portion by now. I hope this process ends soon. I think a training class started in March... won't make that so I'm hoping for June. I hope this job is worth all the hassle.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Ocjohnson79 in Edgewood, Maryland said: I am so frustrated. Here I've been sitting waiting for an interview date since Feb. 7th and I find out today that I have been marked failure to respond. I should have just called them cuz they claimed to have emailed me a notice for an interview on Feb. 11th!!!!! I never got it. The lady said maybe it went to my spam. Why would that be if I have gotten all their previous emails. Anyway, she said she will put me on the list to receive another notice.....I could have been on the fingerprinting or physical portion by now. I hope this process ends soon. I think a training class started in March... won't make that so I'm hoping for June. I hope this job is worth all the hassle.

Wow that's terrible and I can see why you're frustrated. How do you know about training dates? When do they have em?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

emcowan33 in Woodbridge, Virginia

26 months ago

kitacherie in Ellicott City, Maryland said: just be patience it will all work out you have to realize it alot of people applying you will get there

This is very true! I feel like the whole process is designed to test your patience and determination. You just have to take it one day at a time. I am very lucky and most people have told me that my process has been expedited very quickly. Now I am just waiting to hear if they are going to offer me the position and the start date for training.
6/19/2013-I applied online for the position
10/2/2013- I took my CO exam
11/11/2013-I had my CO interview with the investigator
12/2/2013-I had my physical exam
2/1/2014-I was given a conditional letter of offer contingent on my psychological exam and final review.
1/24/2014-I had my psychological exam
2/14/2014- I was scheduled for my final review; however due to inclement weather they called and rescheduled twice.
2/26/2014-I had my final review.
Now I am just waiting to hear from them. Keep in mind that on 7/1/2013 they changed their process for the CO exams to walk-in. They no longer scheduled appointments. I was told that if you applied before May of 2013 they also did the walk-in process for the CO exam. It seems as though most people who applied during the period of time when they scheduled the exams are making faster progress. The process of scheduling the CO exams seems more organized. I have friends who applied before me through walk-in exams and they are still waiting to take their psychological exams. I think that it will all be worth it in the end, if this is your career path.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

emcowan33 in Woodbridge, Virginia said: This is very true! I feel like the whole process is designed to test your patience and determination. You just have to take it one day at a time. I am very lucky and most people have told me that my process has been expedited very quickly. Now I am just waiting to hear if they are going to offer me the position and the start date for training.
6/19/2013-I applied online for the position
10/2/2013- I took my CO exam
11/11/2013-I had my CO interview with the investigator
12/2/2013-I had my physical exam
2/1/2014-I was given a conditional letter of offer contingent on my psychological exam and final review.
1/24/2014-I had my psychological exam
2/14/2014- I was scheduled for my final review; however due to inclement weather they called and rescheduled twice.
2/26/2014-I had my final review.
Now I am just waiting to hear from them. Keep in mind that on 7/1/2013 they changed their process for the CO exams to walk-in. They no longer scheduled appointments. I was told that if you applied before May of 2013 they also did the walk-in process for the CO exam. It seems as though most people who applied during the period of time when they scheduled the exams are making faster progress. The process of scheduling the CO exams seems more organized. I have friends who applied before me through walk-in exams and they are still waiting to take their psychological exams. I think that it will all be worth it in the end, if this is your career path.

I understand the whole patience is virtue but it can frustrate anyone knowing that going went through this whole process(some longer than others) and eventually be told their not gonna be hired. My interview was pushed back as well due to inclement weather! I hope all this is for something!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ocjohnson79

26 months ago

Problem is that I am expecting to have another job offer in the next week or two. I hate the idea of taking the position, knowing that I don't plan to stay but waiting through this lengthy corrections process leaves me with no choice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sawn82 in Hopewell, Virginia

26 months ago

I tested December 12th, got interview February 19, now goin Friday for psych exam an physical exam. i also received a conditional offer of employment

Ombonk in Columbia, Maryland

26 months ago

Did anyone have to take a polygraph for corrections in Maryland?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

sawn82 in Richmond, Virginia

26 months ago

No just a psychological exam on paper

25 months ago

GREAT NEWS! I got the call I got the JOB, I start at the end of the month, it's been a long journey(6 months) but worth the WAIT! I'm TOO excited!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

kitacherie in Baltimore, Maryland

25 months ago

BlueTm in Baltimore, Maryland said: GREAT NEWS! I got the call I got the JOB, I start at the end of the month, it's been a long journey(6 months) but worth the WAIT! I'm TOO excited!

Congradulations hopefully soon I will get that call as well

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sawn82 in Alexandria, Virginia

25 months ago

Congrats! Can anyone tell me how long after physical exam and psychological exam were you contacted?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

sawn82 in Alexandria, Virginia said: Congrats! Can anyone tell me how long after physical exam and psychological exam were you contacted?

About 2 weeks then you go in for your final Interview at least that's how it was for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sawn82 in Washington, District of Columbia

25 months ago

BlueTm in Baltimore, Maryland said: About 2 weeks then you go in for your final Interview at least that's how it was for me.

Ok guess ill keep checking my email . so you start the academy right?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

sawn82 in Washington, District of Columbia said: Ok guess ill keep checking my email . so you start the academy right?

I'm not sure, I have to report to the institution first, I'm sure I'll know everything after that!

25 months ago

BlueTm in Baltimore, Maryland said: I'm not sure, I have to report to the institution first, I'm sure I'll know everything after that!

Did you take a physical agility test at all through the whole process ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

sawn82 in Washington, District of Columbia said: Did you take a physical agility test at all through the whole process ?

Nope, I never took one.(Maybe in the academy I will)

sawn82 in Merrifield, Virginia

25 months ago

BlueTm in Baltimore, Maryland said: Nope, I never took one.(Maybe in the academy I will)

Finally heard back for my final interview on April 9th

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

chuks in Brooklyn, New York

25 months ago

Hi guys. I'm new here. @blue tm. What were you asked on your final interview and how long did it take them to tell you you got the job? I have mine scheduled for April 14th, congrats again. $sawn, I would kindly love to know how it goes, Wish u success. Anybody with an answer to my questions can feel free to reply questions. Thnx all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

sawn82 in Merrifield, Virginia said: Finally heard back for my final interview on April 9th

Congrats, good luck, keep us posted!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

chuks in Brooklyn, New York said: Hi guys. I'm new here. @blue tm. What were you asked on your final interview and how long did it take them to tell you you got the job? I have mine scheduled for April 14th, congrats again. $sawn, I would kindly love to know how it goes, Wish u success. Anybody with an answer to my questions can feel free to reply questions. Thnx all

I was asked basic questions, like why I should be hired? What makes me angry? Questions on experiences with my former bosses. It took about a week after my final interview to get the call about an job opening. Thanks man, I'll try my best just glad to get a chance, wishing you the best!

25 months ago

BlueTm in Baltimore, Maryland said: I was asked basic questions, like why I should be hired? What makes me angry? Questions on experiences with my former bosses. It took about a week after my final interview to get the call about an job opening. Thanks man, I'll try my best just glad to get a chance, wishing you the best!

Tank you. what were your answers to those questions, and what do you think the correct answers are? Also, how long did the entire interview last, and was it a panel or a single individual? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sawn82 in Glen Burnie, Maryland

25 months ago

chuks in Brooklyn, New York said: Hi guys. I'm new here. @blue tm. What were you asked on your final interview and how long did it take them to tell you you got the job? I have mine scheduled for April 14th, congrats again. $sawn, I would kindly love to know how it goes, Wish u success. Anybody with an answer to my questions can feel free to reply questions. Thnx all

I will def let u know after i go. they actually rescheduled me for the 10th

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sawn82 in Bowie, Maryland

25 months ago

BlueTm in Baltimore, Maryland said: I was asked basic questions, like why I should be hired? What makes me angry? Questions on experiences with my former bosses. It took about a week after my final interview to get the call about an job opening. Thanks man, I'll try my best just glad to get a chance, wishing you the best!

How ur first day go? I'm anxious to hear

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

N.B. in Severn, Maryland

25 months ago

So.. I just notice my status changed from "scheduled for interview" (which I went in on March 12) to "needs further processing". Is that normal?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sawn82 in Mechanicsville, Virginia

25 months ago

N.B. in Severn, Maryland said: So.. I just notice my status changed from "scheduled for interview" (which I went in on March 12) to "needs further processing". Is that normal?

That's weird never heard of anyones saying dat

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

N.B. in Severn, Maryland

25 months ago

sawn82 in Mechanicsville, Virginia said: That's weird never heard of anyones saying dat

Thanks. I thought that was strange also. I'm worried now

kitacherie in Washington, District of Columbia

25 months ago

if you have tattoos that could be another reason why it says that.... because the same thing happened to me

N.B. in Baltimore, Maryland

25 months ago

Thanks i feel much better. I actually have three tattoos. How long after that status change did you receive a response.

sawn82 in Waldorf, Maryland

25 months ago

I have 5 tattoos. lol idk guess it depends wt they are. i remember them asking me to explain each one

sawn82 in Waldorf, Maryland

25 months ago

kitacherie in Washington, District of Columbia said: if you have tattoos that could be another reason why it says that.... because the same thing happened to me

How's everything going wit u? Still waiting?

ocjohnson79 in Chicago, Illinois

25 months ago

sawn82 in Hopewell, Virginia said: I tested December 12th, got interview February 19, now goin Friday for psych exam an physical exam. i also received a conditional offer of employment

I got my notice yesterday to schedule my interviewer CO, but mt PO score haven't been posted. Im hoping that having my CO background check done will help mt probation and parole process move faster.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

ocjohnson79 in Chicago, Illinois said: I got my notice yesterday to schedule my interviewer CO, but mt PO score haven't been posted. Im hoping that having my CO background check done will help mt probation and parole process move faster.

Is this your first interview?

25 months ago

sawn82 in Bowie, Maryland said: How ur first day go? I'm anxious to hear

First day was okay, it's a tough job and you have to have thick skin.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

sawn82 in Baltimore, Maryland

25 months ago

BlueTm in Baltimore, Maryland said: First day was okay, it's a tough job and you have to have thick skin.

U in the academy

25 months ago

BlueTm in Baltimore, Maryland said: First day was okay, it's a tough job and you have to have thick skin.

@BlueTm. How long is a typical training day, and is it actually six weeks? I know its a tough job but Im ready, considering the fact that I would be relocating from NY without no friends or family even makes it more challenging.cheers

sawn82 in Arlington, Virginia

25 months ago

chuks in Brooklyn, New York said: BlueTm in Baltimore, Maryland said: First day was okay, it's a tough job and you have to have thick skin.

@BlueTm. How long is a typical training day, and is it actually six weeks? I know its a tough job but Im ready, considering the fact that I would be relocating from NY without no friends or family even makes it more challenging.cheers

Wt part of process are u in?

25 months ago

sawn82 in Baltimore, Maryland said: U in the academy

Tomorrow I start.

25 months ago

chuks in Brooklyn, New York said: BlueTm in Baltimore, Maryland said: First day was okay, it's a tough job and you have to have thick skin.

Pre training is 5 days before you start the academy and it's 8 hours, the academy is 8 hours (8am-4pm) and yeah that a lot, best of luck, you'll be fine

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.