new york state correction officer physical?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

blessed013 in Staten Island, New York

52 months ago

Does anyone know whats on the correction officer physical. One video on youtube showed dragging and lifting dummies, stairs, jumping over a low obstacle, loading a firearm, unlocking and locking a cell, and climbing a ladder? but the i heard that theres also a distance run, vertical jump, push up and situps...I just want to know whats going to be on it so I can prepare myself..thanks a lot

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Mini me in Brooklyn, New York

52 months ago

lol blessed im a 125 female..it was a joke. so anyone can pass it.. drag a 170lb dummy 50 ft maybe.. suspended from a rope lift a dummy (120lb) for 10 second.. load 6 bullets in a gun and pull trigger then 3 minutes up and down on 12 inch stool.. the end.. noting more or less.. 5 minutes ur out. go see your investigator GOOD LUCK..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

oh and yeah jump over a 3ft board and go up a ladder touch the ceiling 12 ft up.. big deal..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jslavick in Skaneateles Falls, New York

52 months ago

To answer some questions, I am on list 24825. I have been through the physical, agility, met my investigator, taken the written psych test, and this Saturday have my one on one with the Psychologist. If that's what you all mean by the "call." I scored a 70, unfortunately. Based on people's experience, am I in good shape, can I expect to go to the academy this year? Of course assuming I pass all the steps.....I have heard that DOCS in in critical need of CO'S....?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

thanks a lot guys..
mini me that does sound easy I should have no problem passing something like that..

thing is I was on the police officer road and then the year that I had turned 21 they put the freeze on it and have been laying off cops ever since so, Im finishing up school this year with a bachelors in Sociology and Anthropology..
I scored very high on the police exam, passed the medical, and then since they put the freeze on it I kinda of got discouraged and didn't continue with the physical or psychological, but this year I'm going to apply for the police officer test again because my 4years of holding the exam is about to be up, and I signed up for the May correction officer test but they never sent me a date yet..the end of filing is May 15th is that when they'll send me a date, or should I have got a date already I put it in and paid for the application about 3weeks ago?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

Blessed you could walk in everyday 9-3 i believe to take the NYPD and Corrections officer exam.. NYPD is free to take.. if your talkin about city corrections.. i say its a waste of your time if your lookin to get on asap.. i been waiting for city for 3 years. this past february i completed my investigation.. i was told if im lucky the next class is in november but chances are slim.. so i give up.. the application should of told u when the official date is..its usually a month after the dead line. but u will get a letter with a location informing you where to go to take the exam.. you could of walked in u might as well walk in for NYPD..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

I know you're right the economy and everything is horrible right now I know people with master degrees that cant find work and are working in supermarkets..I guess I'll just try and take as many tests as possible will finishing up school and hope it all picks up within the next year or two..thanks again for all the help..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

GTSRider in Millbrook, New York

28 months ago

Any one know where I can find the sit up , push up
1.5 mile run specs online ?
Thanks
Pete

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

liposuction in New York, New York

24 months ago

anybody things liposuction 6 yrs ago will disqualify me for corrections in new york

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

asha in Brooklyn, New York

2 months ago

How are the females correction officers treated in NY State Jails??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.