waiting list

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 2380)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

k in Saginaw, Michigan

78 months ago

Hey Dave, I took the interview Oct 23 and haven't heard anything back from corrections. I have been hearing that the academy is on a hiring freeze right now, so hopefully something good will come my way soon. I hope. If you find out any thing or anyone out there knows when the academy will start, please let me know. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Roberts7411 in Tawas City, Michigan

78 months ago

Do any of you know anyone who has indeed been accepted recently? I just had my interview today and from reading responses, It could take YEARS...

Also, I'm interest in knowing what counties you chose?

thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

David Wale in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

78 months ago

Roberts7411 in Tawas City, Michigan said: Do any of you know anyone who has indeed been accepted recently? I just had my interview today and from reading responses, It could take YEARS...

Also, I'm interest in knowing what counties you chose?

thanks

I passed everything in march of 2006 while I was still attending college after I returned from my second tour in Iraq. I was getting the GI Bill to attend college so the delay in hiring didnt bother me at that time. I usually called the recruitment division once a month to find out the status of their hiring just to be told the freeze was still on. Academies came and went and I was still being told there was a freeze. Finally I finished my degree in Criminal Justice August of 2008. Needing employment I called back to the recruitment division and spoke with a lady named Kay Valor or Valen whom answered the phone. She explained that they were not hiring any white males. This i after having the education needed, serving my country twice in combat in Iraq, and being told they were hiring female guards because females calm the inmates down. All sorts of different excuses I received waiting for 2 years in their applicant pool. I moved to Tennessee and a couple weeks later they were sending me a letter to go back to Michigan to take another PT test because my other one was going to be outdated because it had been so long. (Question) Do you think I was going to go back and take that PT test just to be put back in the applicant pool? (Answer) Hell no! Good luck and the only reason they schedule interveiws and PT tests is #1 to keep their applicant filed to the top.#2 And they have to by law. Basically it was and is a total waste of time for a person with my criteria. I am a white male and have no programs or laws that help me get employment. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Tammy in Denver, Colorado

78 months ago

If any of you are interested in Unionizing your correction facility please look at www.UGSOA.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

David Wale in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

78 months ago

Anybody who tries to get a union involved with their employment will lose their jobs. I learned this first hand and the union didnt do spit for me. All they want is your money. "dues" Dont let these fools lie, cheat and screw you over.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

todd in Wyandotte, Michigan

78 months ago

David Wale in Oak Ridge, Tennessee said: I passed everything in march of 2006 while I was still attending college after I returned from my second tour in Iraq. I was getting the GI Bill to attend college so the delay in hiring didnt bother me at that time. I usually called the recruitment division once a month to find out the status of their hiring just to be told the freeze was still on. Academies came and went and I was still being told there was a freeze. Finally I finished my degree in Criminal Justice August of 2008. Needing employment I called back to the recruitment division and spoke with a lady named Kay Valor or Valen whom answered the phone. She explained that they were not hiring any white males. This i after having the education needed, serving my country twice in combat in Iraq, and being told they were hiring female guards because females calm the inmates down. All sorts of different excuses I received waiting for 2 years in their applicant pool. I moved to Tennessee and a couple weeks later they were sending me a letter to go back to Michigan to take another PT test because my other one was going to be outdated because it had been so long. (Question) Do you think I was going to go back and take that PT test just to be put back in the applicant pool? (Answer) Hell no! Good luck and the only reason they schedule interveiws and PT tests is #1 to keep their applicant filed to the top.#2 And they have to by law. Basically it was and is a total waste of time for a person with my criteria. I am a white male and have no programs or laws that help me get employment. Good Luck!
the michigan dept of corrections recruiters are a joke!!! miss gazair and the other female recruiter pick and choose who they want to hire, not the most qualified candidates!! ive been in the applicant pool since 2005, passed all the tests, military veteran , said id work statewide and still havent gotten hired when others have. know what is wrong with that!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

David Wale in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

78 months ago

todd in Wyandotte, Michigan said: the michigan dept of corrections recruiters are a joke!!! miss gazair and the other female recruiter pick and choose who they want to hire, not the most qualified candidates!! ive been in the applicant pool since 2005, passed all the tests, military veteran , said id work statewide and still havent gotten hired when others have. know what is wrong with that!!!!

Todd,

Just out of curiousity are you a white male veteran also? It seems to me that they would be hiring mostly veterans because we have been there done that! Just my opinion. And you are right they are a joke but it is a shame our government allows them to treat veterans that put there lives on the line to be treated this way. I moved to Tennessee and it is better down here. Call your congressman and state reps. Tell them what you have been going through and tell them turds I sent you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

David Wale in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

78 months ago

David Wale in Oak Ridge, Tennessee said: Anybody who tries to get a union involved with their employment will lose their jobs. I learned this first hand and the union didnt do spit for me. All they want is your money. "dues" Dont let these fools lie, cheat and screw you over.

Holy crap Obama is for Unions maybe it is a good time to unionize!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jody.mason in Trenton, Michigan

78 months ago

I was wondering if anyone knows when the hiring freeze will be over. I am in the job applicant pool for corrections and I wonder how long I am going to have to wait. Jody

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

tinytims in grand rapids, Michigan

77 months ago

hello jody
Just wondering when you tested i tested in at the end of o8 and have not heard anything yet

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Duke in Flint, Michigan

77 months ago

amelia in Detroit, Michigan said: Get over it, the classes are mixed. And if you knew anything you would know the Jan class is cancelled, there is no Feb class and the next one isn't till May.

I was offered a job, accepted it, and was all set to start Jan 9. They called it off and now I hear maybe it will be early spring or summer. Any one else in this situation? Does any one have any solid information? I know it is hard to come by these days.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

David Wale in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

77 months ago

Looks like Amelia is still in there calming the inmates down. Keep up the good work sister.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

tinytims in grand rapids, Michigan

77 months ago

hi dude
when was your test and interveiw {month and year} since everone seems to think that it take years to be offerd a job the the waiting list. just wondering time line of wait i may have

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

roberts7411 in Oscoda, Michigan

77 months ago

test was about 6 months ago (this is a guess). But the physical test and interview was jan 13th. Not long ago, but I wish I knew whether or not I really have a chance. Apparently, passing the interview and physical test doesn't "guarantee" an offer and of course I knew this, but the fact that your in a pool for up to 5 years is the tough part. An applicant is really in a state of limbo...
Regards,

Bryan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

David Wale in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

77 months ago

roberts7411 in Oscoda, Michigan said: test was about 6 months ago (this is a guess). But the physical test and interview was jan 13th. Not long ago, but I wish I knew whether or not I really have a chance. Apparently, passing the interview and physical test doesn't "guarantee" an offer and of course I knew this, but the fact that your in a pool for up to 5 years is the tough part. An applicant is really in a state of limbo...
Regards,

Bryan

Well Bryan it depends what criteria you are in on how long your wait is. If you have any questions Amelia will fill you in. Good Luck! I moved to Tennessee things are a lil different down here. In Michigan I didnt meet the criteria.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Duke in Flint, Michigan

77 months ago

Hello Amelia, Have you heard any news about the next acadamy for 2009? I heard early spring or summer. what do you think about this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Josh in Flint, Michigan

77 months ago

David in Oak Ridge, Tennessee said: Eric,

Have you been set up for the Michigan Department of Corrections Academy yet? I was just curious. Please let me know soon! remember Tennessee is the place to be.

David L Wale

I want to move to Tenesee. People dowm there seem to be relxed. How do I get started down there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tinytims in grand rapids, Michigan

77 months ago

hello everyone

if you look on doc web page and look under job posting you will find that correctional officer posting was withdrawn. wonder what that means?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

stevema in Michigan

77 months ago

I am a current corrections officer in Michigan. I'm exactly one month from having my first year in. I'm a white male, I have no military experience, I have a bachelors degree, and I knew absolutely nobody in the MDOC when I got the job. If Michigan is discriminating against white males, how did I get hired?

I will agree that many jobs in the U.S. DO discriminate against white males. This is much less of a problem than it used to be though. I know that a few years ago a white male would have to have test scores in the high 90s to get into the Michigan State Police (minorities and women could get in with 70s), and other state agencies were just as difficult to get into. If you weren't a woman or minority, you simply didn't have the chance unless you were very high caliber.

Things simply aren't that way in Michigan state jobs anymore. Sometimes, the state does focus on hiring more female corrections officers. That is simply because men are not allowed to work in female prisons. I agree with this though. There were so many law suits and problems in women facilities that something needed to be done. As far as the male facilities are concerned, both sexes and all races are given equal chance now.

Affirmative action is dying, and that is a great thing! Employment should be based on knowledge, abilities, and experience. I am convinced that you either were applying at facilities that simply weren't hiring, or you didn't do well in the interview. I don't know you, so I can't diagnose why you didn't get hired (Obviously, you didn't ask me to either). I wish you the best though. As you know, Michigan is not doing well at all econimcally. So, Tennessee may have saved you... More prisons are going to close, and I just might get a pink slip. I might need to go work with you in Tennessee! ;) Right now I'm working on getting out of state institutional corrections altogether. I'm interviewing for federal probation in March.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jody.mason in Trenton, Michigan

77 months ago

That is really bad news for me. I am a white female who did very well on the exam and am currently waiting to be hired. I could be waiting a very long time it sounds like. I am going to finish school with a Bach. in the summer. How do I apply for a Fed. job out of state? Or does anyone know if I can apply on the state level for anywhere other than Michigan (my state).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

David Wale in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

77 months ago

Sell everything you have and move like I did! At least before you lose everything you have in Michigan. Jennifer Granholm sucks and should get her mole removed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

David Wale in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

77 months ago

Again, I go by what I was told which was "we arent hiring any white males and if you got in and you havent served your country I guess maybe your lucky and should play the lottery! You can not tell me that it isn't the way I say it is I lived it! This is for Steve M that thinks he knows everything. As far as passing the interview and pt test I also passed that with flying colors and put in for any facility in the State of Michigan. Whatever happened in the decisions that they made wasnt because I failed anything because that is also what I was told. I passed and was plaed in the applicant pool for 2 years until I said screw it and moved to Tennessee. The ladies name is Kay Valor or Valon whom tld me we arent hiring any white males. At least she was honest. I guess I just wasnt as lucky as you Steve congratulations.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

stevema in Michigan

77 months ago

David Wale in Oak Ridge, Tennessee said: Again, I go by what I was told which was "we arent hiring any white males and if you got in and you havent served your country I guess maybe your lucky and should play the lottery! You can not tell me that it isn't the way I say it is I lived it! This is for Steve M that thinks he knows everything. As far as passing the interview and pt test I also passed that with flying colors and put in for any facility in the State of Michigan. Whatever happened in the decisions that they made wasnt because I failed anything because that is also what I was told. I passed and was plaed in the applicant pool for 2 years until I said screw it and moved to Tennessee. The ladies name is Kay Valor or Valon whom tld me we arent hiring any white males. At least she was honest. I guess I just wasnt as lucky as you Steve congratulations.

You may think that I am acting like a know-it-all David, but just as you lived your experiences, I lived mine. I hear you talk about MDOC HR people who told you that they werent hiring white males. I went to an MDOC academy that had many white males. Actually, the majority of the 180 something recruits in my academy were white males. Slight majority, but definately a majority.

You talk of one or two people who claimed that they won't hire you because you're a white male, but I've seen the people that are being hired. What I am seeing contradicts what you are saying. Many of my fellow recruits were not only white males, but they were white males with military background.

Bottom line is that I DON'T think you are lying. It is very possible that these MDOC HR people really did tell you what you say they did. If they did, they were lying to you. That is unforgiveable, especially given your service to our country. I meant no attack with my last post.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Josh in Flint, Michigan

77 months ago

When is the next acadamy? any one heard a peep from a birdie or something? give me a somthing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jody.mason in Trenton, Michigan

77 months ago

I would love to know that to. I am a 35 year old female and am currently in the job applicant pool. I did the interview and phs. fit. test in Nov. and passed with flying colors. Background check was fine so I am just waiting to hear anything. Could I be waiting for years? Should I start looking for another line of work? I am currently unemployed and quite honestly I was really thinking I wouldn't have a problem as I will be finished with my Bach. Degree this year. However, I am really getting worried. Jody

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

k in Saginaw, Michigan

77 months ago

Im in the same boat as you are. I took my interview and pt in October and passed everything. I spoke with some one a while ago and they said that the academy was on a hiring freeze. I would also like to know if anything academies will be coming up soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Josh in Flint, Michigan

77 months ago

k in Saginaw, Michigan said: Im in the same boat as you are. I took my interview and pt in October and passed everything. I spoke with some one a while ago and they said that the academy was on a hiring freeze. I would also like to know if anything academies will be coming up soon.[/QUOTE

You will be in the next acadamy IF you have been called and offered a job like I was. that is what I have been told by the department. I am all set to start, I went to the Doctor and got tested for dope, my helth status, and tb tests. all set to go, now it's a waiting game. If you have not gotten called I don't think you will be starting anytime soon but who knows?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tinytims in grand rapids, Michigan

76 months ago

hey josh
any information on the class in may some people say there is. most likely all the individuals offered jobs for the jan class will be called back but with any luck maybe they will add some of us waiting aswell. can only hope. good luck to you thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

D christine dou in ST JOHNS, Michigan

76 months ago

Duke in Flint, Michigan said: I was offered a job, accepted it, and was all set to start Jan 9. They called it off and now I hear maybe it will be early spring or summer. Any one else in this situation? Does any one have any solid information? I know it is hard to come by these days.

Hey Duke....I, too, was scheduled to enter the January academy. It is "on hold" due to budget issues......I have a couple contacts that have not heard a word yet as to when the next academy will resume. When it does, the people scheduled for the January 2009 one will be renotified. If I hear anything I will post it..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

D christine dou in ST JOHNS, Michigan

76 months ago

Josh in Flint, Michigan said: When is the next acadamy? any one heard a peep from a birdie or something? give me a somthing.

Once you pass your physical and interview you are swimming in the applicant pool!! If you know someone high-up at a prison they MAY be able to pull strings to get you in; they may not. The Jan. '09 academy was put on hold until who knows when. Granholm has started to close a couple prisons absorbing that staff into other locations as well as the prisoners. She's also going to be releasing prisoners. The psychologists are going thru files as we speak to rate them low, medium, and high threats.....so, she is hoping the vast majority of the prisoners she sets free will jump state lines ( probably in the hopes of finding work ) and she is PRAYING they re-offend there -- we won't extradite them back to MI for parole violation..it will be someone else's problem... It's hard to guess how long it will be for another academy to begin since she intends to continue closing down prisons over the next few years and absorbing staff and inmates that are not released.
We will see in the next couple years what comes down the pipe.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

D christine dou in ST JOHNS, Michigan

76 months ago

Josh in Flint, Michigan said:

Hey Josh. I will be in the next academy as well -- whenever it resumes! Hopefully this year.....but it's anyone's guess at this time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

D christine dou in ST JOHNS, Michigan

76 months ago

k in Saginaw, Michigan said: Im in the same boat as you are. I took my interview and pt in October and passed everything. I spoke with some one a while ago and they said that the academy was on a hiring freeze. I would also like to know if anything academies will be coming up soon.

K in Sagiaw:
no one knows yet when the next academy will be held....it will include the people scheduled for the Jan. 2009 one that was cancelled. You won't be in an academy unless you receive a phone call from them offering you employment, etc. Until then, you're swimming in the applicant pool and it could be a while, it's hard to say. Once Granholm is gone it will be interesting to see if the next Governor will follow in her footsteps or not with the budget for Michigan overall.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Josh in Flint, Michigan

76 months ago

Thanks for the reply's, I still have faith that it will start sooner than later. I will be waiting, working out and ready for when they call me back. I will post any informtion I get wind of.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

tinytims in grand rapids, Michigan

76 months ago

i have heard that the hiring freeze has been lifted. i read this on the forum black and grey which is michigans correctional officer forum. any information regarding what is really happening would be helpful to all waiting patiently. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jody.Mason in Trenton, Michigan

76 months ago

I was so happy to hear the corrections freeze might be over. Does anyone know if this is really true? I have been waiting for so long. Jody

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

s in Saginaw, Michigan

75 months ago

I just recceive my degree (not in CJ), I just recently decided to seek a degree in criminal justice to get employment to become a corrections officer. I'm enrolled for CJ classes in the spring but should I get get interviews set up and the physical part completed also? If so how do I get started. Are the are the physical and written part hard? How is the interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jody in Trenton, Michigan

75 months ago

Well that's great that you are going to school...but you may want to rethink being a corrections officer in Michigan unless you can afford to wait. The state is on a hiring freeze right now that could last a really long time. In addition to that more and more prisons are closing so those officers are going to get first pick of any new jobs. But in answer to your question the test is really really easy...I mean you have to be retarded not to pass it. The PT test is ok. The hardest part was the stairs. There are three sizes and the biggest are difficult. You have to make 35 trips in a minute from what I recall (I almost didn't make it). The interview is fine. The people I interviewed with were nice and I felt at ease. Have you thought about going in to probation? That is a field you might have better luck of getting into. Jody

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sue in Durand, Michigan

75 months ago

amelia in Detroit, Michigan said: Get over it, the classes are mixed. And if you knew anything you would know the Jan class is cancelled, there is no Feb class and the next one isn't till May.

Amelia, are you still out there? Do you have any information on when another academy will be run?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

amelia in Royal Oak, Michigan

75 months ago

sorry for my inactivity, work has been crazy. i don't know when the next academy is, all i know is that the hiring freeze has been lifted from what ive heard

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

tinytims in grand rapids, Michigan

75 months ago

hello everyone

I have heard the hiring freeze has been lifted aswell. I have called human resources today and they told me that there is no classes schedules for this year because of all the closings and transfering officers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jeff in Holland, Michigan

75 months ago

tinytims,

On Friday, April 24th, I received a packet from MDOC and have been scheduled for an interview and PT test on May 14th. I was surprised because I was told of a hiring freeze. I interned at the local Parole office this winter and have called the supervisor to ask him about this but he was gone on training. Hopefully he will call me on Monday with some information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sue in Durand, Michigan

75 months ago

jeff in Holland, Michigan said: tinytims,

On Friday, April 24th, I received a packet from MDOC and have been scheduled for an interview and PT test on May 14th. I was surprised because I was told of a hiring freeze. I interned at the local Parole office this winter and have called the supervisor to ask him about this but he was gone on training. Hopefully he will call me on Monday with some information.

Great news for you and the rest of us! Please let us know if you hear anything else. Maybe they will tell you something when you go for your interview/PT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jeff in Holland, Michigan

75 months ago

Does anybody know if there is an "opt out" incentive for their insurance? Some companies will offer higher pay to not be on their insurance.

Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

todd in Wyandotte, Michigan

75 months ago

Ive been in the applicant pool since 2005 and still havent gotten hired. i retook my physical and interview at the end of last year due to it expiring, that was just prior to the hiring freeze. i was told by the recruiters that unless you have a 4yr degree your chances of getting hired are slim. and oh by the way im a combat veteran which means nothing to them. if you have a 4yr degree why would you apply to be a corrections officer? its not like the pay is all that great. there used to be a time when being a veteran meant something, not anymore. i'd hire a veteran over somebody with a college degree in a min. what kind of stress have they been thru, NONE compared to a combat veteran!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

David in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

75 months ago

todd in Wyandotte, Michigan said: Ive been in the applicant pool since 2005 and still havent gotten hired. i retook my physical and interview at the end of last year due to it expiring, that was just prior to the hiring freeze. i was told by the recruiters that unless you have a 4yr degree your chances of getting hired are slim. and oh by the way im a combat veteran which means nothing to them. if you have a 4yr degree why would you apply to be a corrections officer? its not like the pay is all that great. there used to be a time when being a veteran meant something, not anymore. i'd hire a veteran over somebody with a college degree in a min. what kind of stress have they been thru, NONE compared to a combat veteran!!!!

Amen Todd! But I am sure you, as I have had, will have people that will not agree and argue with you too! Tennessee does take care of veterans and the white male still means something down here. Everyone is treated equally in Tennessee!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sue in Durand, Michigan

75 months ago

jeff in Holland, Michigan said: tinytims,

On Friday, April 24th, I received a packet from MDOC and have been scheduled for an interview and PT test on May 14th. I was surprised because I was told of a hiring freeze. I interned at the local Parole office this winter and have called the supervisor to ask him about this but he was gone on training. Hopefully he will call me on Monday with some information.

Jeff,
Have you heard anything from the Parole Office Supervisor about the possiblity of an academy this year?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jeff in Holland, Michigan

75 months ago

No. Unfortunately he was in training all last week and then had a death in the family so he is out of town this week. Hopefully next Monday or Tuesday he will call me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sue in Durand, Michigan

75 months ago

jeff in Holland, Michigan said: No. Unfortunately he was in training all last week and then had a death in the family so he is out of town this week. Hopefully next Monday or Tuesday he will call me.

OK, thanks. I would appreciate it if you would post what you find out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tinytims in grand rapids, Michigan

75 months ago

david in tennessee
what do you know about the morgan county facility. Tennessee dosent seem to be hiring either. do you know what there requirements are as far as college,testing,pt,wage,thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

todd in Wyandotte, Michigan

74 months ago

dont waste your time trying to get hired as a corrections officer in michigan. the whole hiring process is a joke! i was told by ms. martensen that unless i had a family member that was already employed as a corrections officer or if i knew a warden that could request me that there was very little chance of me getting hired. ITS THE GOOD OLD BOY NETWORK!!! NOW THATS FAIR ISNT IT?? ive been in the application pool since 05, i'm a veteran, i picked i'd work statewide. and still havent gotten hired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.