waiting list

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1051 to 1100 of 2385)
Page:  « First « Previous   19  20  21  22  23  24  25  Next »   Last »

chris81 in Adrian, Michigan

38 months ago

John in Sterling Heights, Michigan said: Why is the recruiting department not keeping us informed of what is going on? I thought the whole idea of "recruiting" was to try and attract the best possible candidates and then keep them attracted and guide them throughout the entire process...?

I'm going to contact my recruiter first thing tomorrow.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lio in Mount Pleasant, Michigan

38 months ago

pls when u contact your recruiter let us know any news

Kevin in Fairfax, Virginia

38 months ago

John in Sterling Heights, Michigan said: Thanks Lio...I went to the web site and read the article...what it says is the state will run a special 18 month long academy for current food service workers who want to be corrections officers...since food service is going to be privatized...I would like to believe that even if the food service workers lack education...they should learn a lot during 18 months...

The 18 months isn't the academy. They are getting 18 months to receive their corrections certificate.

Politics in Michigan

38 months ago

Kevin in Fairfax, Virginia said: The 18 months isn't the academy. They are getting 18 months to receive their corrections certificate.

They are getting their own academy. It will be a shortened curriculum. They are being fast tracked. They will be corrections officers upon graduation. They will then have 18 months after starting work to catch up on the requirements. 5 months ago the union tried to block the hiring of retired corrections officers because they said it was "unsafe". Now they want the food service workers pushed through. Make any sense? It's all about money and what's best for them. Maybe one day there will be an audit and investigation and we will get the truth.

38 months ago

Does this in any way affect those who were just interviewed and waiting for the academy date?

38 months ago

It will not. We are tentatively looking to hire 280 officers come September.

Joe Pazitka
MDOC - Recruitment Section

That's the response I got when I asked him that same question.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

Glad to hear that Chris. Thks for the updates.

Lets just all keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Lio in Alma, Michigan

38 months ago

Just got word from my references and former employer that MDOC called them to ask about me.

38 months ago

Congrats man. My past employers were called. That's was it. My references haven't heard anything yet.

Curt in Farmington, Michigan

38 months ago

Is there a specific way to do the sit-ups? I know the MCOLES wanted your hands overlapping on the back of your head

Lio in Alma, Michigan

38 months ago

yes there is.Your hands are crossed over your shoulders.The sit ups are pretty easy.

Kerry in Sterling Heights, Michigan

38 months ago

What is the maximum age limit for mdoc to hire? Is the academy too strenuous for an older guy or gal?

Lio in Alma, Michigan

38 months ago

no maximum age. depends on how you can go through the physical

Curt

38 months ago

Forgive me if I asked this before but are any of the prisons on 12 hour shifts? Mainly the southern region ones?

chad12 in Adrian, Michigan

38 months ago

Curt said: Forgive me if I asked this before but are any of the prisons on 12 hour shifts? Mainly the southern region ones?

There are only a handful of facilities running a trial of 12 hour shifts right now. None are in the souther region that I know of. You can get more information from the MDOC website for specifics. But the rumors are saying that at some point next year the state is going to attempt to place every facility on 12's.

Lio in Alma, Michigan

37 months ago

Any news about the academy? when do they start calling new recruits for the job offers?

37 months ago

Lio in Alma, Michigan said: Any news about the academy? when do they start calling new recruits for the job offers?

I'm goin in today for interview and physical testing. I'll try and sipher some info

Lio in Alma, Michigan

37 months ago

Good luck Curt! I trust you will make it.

Andrew in Garden City, Michigan

37 months ago

Just got home from my interview today. All I got to say is big Bertha isn't no joke.

They told me next academy will be in September.

Didnt say when we could expect phone calls.

Sam in Southfield, Michigan

37 months ago

I would assume that they will be making the phone calls rather soon. At least by the end of the month. I say this because if they are looking to recruit 280 new officers for the September academy, they need time to send all of them in for their tb test, drug test, and physical. If anyone gets a call, please post it here. I am eagerly awaiting a call as well.

mike in Southfield, Michigan

37 months ago

Hey thats great if the academy is in September. But I heard it was being held in October. Did they just change it?

Andrew in Flint, Michigan

37 months ago

Curt haven't heard from you since before the interview. I'm sure you passed.

We're you able to get any info about when calls are to go out?

Like I posted above only thing I was able to get out of them was the next academy will be in September.

37 months ago

Andrew in Flint, Michigan said: Curt haven't heard from you since before the interview. I'm sure you passed.

We're you able to get any info about when calls are to go out?

Like I posted above only thing I was able to get out of them was the next academy will be in September.

The only thing I was able to get out of them Tuesday were they were hiring 200+ people and they were going to start my background calls next week sometime. It might be the week after because when I emailed a form back to Mr. Alvarez, he was out the office until the 25th. As I was talking to one of the ladies who was doing check-in, she said academy would be in October and they don't know where. They also said the next phone call we would get from them would be for an offer. So it looks like we are all going to be on pins and needles until then. My gut is that offer phone calls won't go out until the second week of August. I was very liberal when selecting the counties and work locations with Jackson being #1 considering its 4 facilities there.

John in Sterling Heights, Michigan

37 months ago

Just curious as to some of the reasons people are pursuing a career with MDOC? It's certainly not a glamorous job...I've heard people say that they want to be police officer someday...but I've never heard anybody say that they want to be a corrections officer when they grow up...the benefits aren't what they used to be...the pay is decent but not great without a lot of overtime, and not really on par with the dangers of the job...Why do you want to be a Corrections Officer?

Kevin

37 months ago

Curt in Farmington, Michigan said: The only thing I was able to get out of them Tuesday were they were hiring 200+ people and they were going to start my background calls next week sometime. It might be the week after because when I emailed a form back to Mr. Alvarez, he was out the office until the 25th. As I was talking to one of the ladies who was doing check-in, she said academy would be in October and they don't know where. They also said the next phone call we would get from them would be for an offer. So it looks like we are all going to be on pins and needles until then. My gut is that offer phone calls won't go out until the second week of August. I was very liberal when selecting the counties and work locations with Jackson being #1 considering its 4 facilities there.

The facilities have already been told how many recruits they will be getting. I know RGC in Jackson is expecting 19 and Cooper Street is expecting 12. I haven't heard about the other 2 yet.

37 months ago

Well I'm hopen Manistee was in need of some officers.

I listed manistee Muskegon and Jackson as my top 3

theoldgoalie in Midland, Michigan

37 months ago

Andrew in Flint, Michigan said: Well I'm hopen Manistee was in need of some officers.

I listed manistee Muskegon and Jackson as my top 3

I GOT MY CALL TODAY! Oaks Correctional Facility in Manistee. I go for my physical, pulmonary, and drug test on the 29th. She said there is no specific date yet for the academy but that it will be in October.

37 months ago

Congrats

Curt

37 months ago

theoldgoalie in Midland, Michigan said: I GOT MY CALL TODAY! Oaks Correctional Facility in Manistee. I go for my physical, pulmonary, and drug test on the 29th. She said there is no specific date yet for the academy but that it will be in October.

Congratulations sir! Did u test and interview on the 16th?

chad551 in Saginaw, Michigan

37 months ago

Congrats

has anyone else been caled yet

theoldgoalie in Ludington, Michigan

37 months ago

Curt said: Congratulations sir! Did u test and interview on the 16th?

No.....I actually interviewed and tested on February 5th and was offered a spot in the April 1 academy, but because I had to move and my kids needed to finish the school year, I asked them to wait until this summer and they did. I moved back to Michigan just about 4 days ago and got the call today!

Lio in Alma, Michigan

37 months ago

@ Theldgoalie where were you placed?

Andrew in Davison, Michigan

37 months ago

Congrats so phone calls are starting to go out.

J Gagill in Monticello, New York

37 months ago

jkjjjj

37 months ago

Lio in Alma, Michigan said: @ Theldgoalie where were you placed?

I was placed at the Oaks Correctional Facility in Manistee.

37 months ago

Congratulations @theoldgoalie!!! Didn't you already know that's where you were going?...Good Luck!!!

37 months ago

John in Sterling Heights, Michigan said: Congratulations @theoldgoalie!!! Didn't you already know that's where you were going?...Good Luck!!!

That's what was offered to me back in April and that is what my recruiter kept telling me, but as with all issues with government entities, it's not official until it is official.....and now it is official. I look forward to seeing who else will be hanging out in Lansing this fall.

Lio in Alma, Michigan

37 months ago

Hopefully we shall get more calls.Lets all keep our fingers crossed.

37 months ago

Sounds like they called on my references today.

37 months ago

Sweet

Nicole21 in Saginaw, Michigan

37 months ago

does anyone know when they will be sending calls out has anyone heard anything

37 months ago

I JUST GOT MY CALL!!! Adrian facility. Training in October!

37 months ago

Congratulations Chris!!! Which one is the Adrian Facility? Oh..who is your recruiter? Good Luck!!!

Curt

37 months ago

Chris81 in Adrian, Michigan said: I JUST GOT MY CALL!!! Adrian facility. Training in October!

Congrats Chris!!! I put that down as one of my choices also. Hopefully I'll be joining you in October for the academy as well. What are your next steps?

37 months ago

Chris81 in Adrian, Michigan said: I JUST GOT MY CALL!!! Adrian facility. Training in October!

Congratulations Chris.....I guess I will be seeing you in October!

Andrew

37 months ago

Congrats Chris.

Lio in Alma, Michigan

37 months ago

AT LAST !!!!!!!! I JUST GOT MY CALL. GRATIOT COUNTY.They told me where to go do my medical exam.Told me academy is in October.

37 months ago

Congratulations Lio!!!...Good Luck!!!

Andrew

37 months ago

Congrats Lio, the waiting for a call is killing me.

37 months ago

John in Sterling Heights, Michigan said: Congratulations Chris!!! Which one is the Adrian Facility? Oh..who is your recruiter? Good Luck!!!

Thanks! Gus Harrison and it was Joe

Page:  « First « Previous   19  20  21  22  23  24  25  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.