waiting list

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1551 to 1600 of 2247)
Page:  « First « Previous   29  30  31  32  33  34  35  Next »   Last »

mike in Southfield, Michigan

10 months ago

This may be a silly question. But do we provide our own sheets and covers etc. Or will that be provided at the place we will stay in?

And I am excited/nervous/anxious to get started. We have been waiting for this for a LONG time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Royal Oak, Michigan

10 months ago

mike in Southfield, Michigan said: This may be a silly question. But do we provide our own sheets and covers etc. Or will that be provided at the place we will stay in?

And I am excited/nervous/anxious to get started. We have been waiting for this for a LONG time.

we don't need sheets and they also take care of the towels.

Lio in Alma, Michigan

10 months ago

Do we fill out any paper work before the academy or we got to fill everything while there?

mike

10 months ago

Lio in Alma, Michigan said: Do we fill out any paper work before the academy or we got to fill everything while there?

I think you have to fill it out before. And we turn it in after the first day.

10 months ago

I would fill out all the paper work before hand. If your missing information I would address it with them to complete it on the first day.

Curt

10 months ago

Lio in Alma, Michigan said: Do we fill out any paper work before the academy or we got to fill everything while there?

They're going to go over all the paperwork with us the first day or two. I just filled out as much as possible so I can daydream while they're explaining it over again lol..in all seriousness though, HR will be there to assist with all the paperwork

NVGrandRapids in Grand Rapids, Michigan

10 months ago

Steve in Royal Oak, Michigan said: Nick I wouldn't be worried about the physical test. The push ups can be performed from the knees and the sit ups are done on a sit up bench. I think it was 13 push ups and 17 sit ups. If you don't run I would start, the last stair test will push you a little bit. For the interview they give you certain situations and you have to answer how you would handle the situation. Theirs really no way to prepare its just you telling them you're logical thinking about how you would handle certain situations.

Thanks Steve! I appreciate the feedback man. Good luck at the academy!

mark in Grand Rapids, Michigan

10 months ago

I will be commuting from the academy. Do I just bring my pt gear in a backpack then leave it in my car until I need it or bring it with me everyday to class?

10 months ago

Would we get paid for Thanksgiving and the friday after?

10 months ago

mark in Grand Rapids, Michigan said: Would we get paid for Thanksgiving and the friday after?

That's what I was thinking too. Im just hoping we get it off whether its paid or unpaid I would rather spend that time with my family.

north1992 in Lansing, Michigan

10 months ago

Hey Mark, I am commuting also. I am not entirely sure what exactly we should bring. The MSP facility has a ton of lockers but they are really small and would wrinkle up clothes. I am planning on wearingwhat they told us to and then bringing a duffel bag with one set of PT clothes, shoes, shoe polish, a razor, and notebooks, pens, and pencils just in case. I might be missing something but tonight I'm going through the packet thoroughly.

10 months ago

north1992 in Lansing, Michigan said: Hey Mark, I am commuting also. I am not entirely sure what exactly we should bring. The MSP facility has a ton of lockers but they are really small and would wrinkle up clothes. I am planning on wearingwhat they told us to and then bringing a duffel bag with one set of PT clothes, shoes, shoe polish, a razor, and notebooks, pens, and pencils just in case. I might be missing something but tonight I'm going through the packet thoroughly.

are you going to leave it in your car or take it inside with u?

MI-Hunter in ludington, Michigan

10 months ago

north1992 in Lansing, Michigan said: Hey Mark, I am commuting also. I am not entirely sure what exactly we should bring. The MSP facility has a ton of lockers but they are really small and would wrinkle up clothes. I am planning on wearingwhat they told us to and then bringing a duffel bag with one set of PT clothes, shoes, shoe polish, a razor, and notebooks, pens, and pencils just in case. I might be missing something but tonight I'm going through the packet thoroughly.

Did you not read the packet? Those staying will be able to leave items in a locker. Those not staying may use a locker but not leave their items in it over night

north1992 in Lansing, Michigan

10 months ago

MI-Hunter in ludington, Michigan said: Did you not read the packet? Those staying will be able to leave items in a locker. Those not staying may use a locker but not leave their items in it over night

I'm bringing those items daily just in case, not leaving them there.

John in Sterling Heights, Michigan

10 months ago

Steve in Royal Oak, Michigan said: That's what I was thinking too. Im just hoping we get it off whether its paid or unpaid I would rather spend that time with my family.

I'm also wondering if we will have 11/11/13/off, which is Veterans day and an observed holiday for state workers...

JB1977 in Michigan

10 months ago

Just found this forum and it has a lot of good info on it. I have a question for those that are checking in Sunday evening, can you wear your civilian clothes or do you have to be in uniform? Thanks in advance and good luck to all going to the academy.

MI-Hunter in ludington, Michigan

10 months ago

John in Sterling Heights, Michigan said: I'm also wondering if we will have 11/11/13/off, which is Veterans day and an observed holiday for state workers...

Is this a serious question. You're in an academy and worried about a "Holliday"? First off, Veterans Day is not a holiday. As a veteran I don't celebrate the death of my buddies lived lost while serving down range. Veterans Day is a day to honor those veterans, not a holiday and if you have concerns about those days off while in the academy you shouldn't even show up

Stephen in Belmont, Michigan

10 months ago

Wow, looks like we have a real friendly guy in "MI-Hunter"! Can't wait to meet this bundle of joy. Always has to be one. For all of you who have a heart and are ready to support each other, I can't wait to meet you! I am commuting too and think I will bring my duffel bag in and get a locker. I filled out the paperwork to the best of my ability but I'm sure there will be people to help out. Also, where did you guys (and girls) get your "high gloss" shoes? I can't find them anywhere!!! I did find leather oxfords but they didn't specifically say high gloss. Wondering if I just make sure to polish them it would be fine.

Megan Fournier in Bay City, Michigan

10 months ago

I just bought the boots that we need while on the job and polished the crap out of them

10 months ago

MI-Hunter in ludington, Michigan said: Is this a serious question. You're in an academy and worried about a "Holliday"? First off, Veterans Day is not a holiday. As a veteran I don't celebrate the death of my buddies lived lost while serving down range. Veterans Day is a day to honor those veterans, not a holiday and if you have concerns about those days off while in the academy you shouldn't even show up

Wow!!! It certainly is a serious question...simply because while checking over the packet, it was noted that Veterans Day is a paid holiday for state workers...so it would be nice to know if we will be in attendance that day...not making any opinions or judgements on what should or shouldn't be a holiday, just wondering...not telling you what you should or shouldn't celebrate either, but I appreciate you telling me what I should or shouldn't do...thanks for the input...

10 months ago

Stephen in Belmont, Michigan said: Wow, looks like we have a real friendly guy in "MI-Hunter"! Can't wait to meet this bundle of joy. Always has to be one. For all of you who have a heart and are ready to support each other, I can't wait to meet you! I am commuting too and think I will bring my duffel bag in and get a locker. I filled out the paperwork to the best of my ability but I'm sure there will be people to help out. Also, where did you guys (and girls) get your "high gloss" shoes? I can't find them anywhere!!! I did find leather oxfords but they didn't specifically say high gloss. Wondering if I just make sure to polish them it would be fine.

Stephen...I actually found some high gloss black shoes at WalMart...cheap too...only about $25...very shiny...shouldn't be too hard to keep them that way...good luck!!

Stephen in Toledo, Ohio

10 months ago

Awesome..thank you John. I will head over there today

10 months ago

MI-Hunter in ludington, Michigan said: Is this a serious question. You're in an academy and worried about a "Holliday"? First off, Veterans Day is not a holiday. As a veteran I don't celebrate the death of my buddies lived lost while serving down range. Veterans Day is a day to honor those veterans, not a holiday and if you have concerns about those days off while in the academy you shouldn't even show up

I don't understand why you would get angry at this question. If you read the packet Veterans Day is listed under the state holidays. I don't understand why you would tell someone they shouldn't even show up to the academy because they ask a question. If you don't have anything worth while to say don't post anything.

Curt

10 months ago

MI-Hunter in ludington, Michigan said: It's people like you who probly won't be able to handle the academy

Alright y'all it's over and we all one team!! Let's breeze through the academy and get to our facilities.

10 months ago

Well this is it!!!...hope everyone is packed and ready to go...last minute check list and hoping I didn't forget anything...gonna spend a nice evening with the family...looking forward to meeting you all in person tomorrow and looking forward to a great 8 weeks at the academy...wishing everyone great success...till tomorrow!!!

Curt

10 months ago

Just wondering if I overlooked a check-in time tomorrow for lodging at the academy. I know curfew is 11p but I didn't see any mention about the first day there

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chris81 in Adrian, Michigan

10 months ago

6-8pm

Stephen in Chicago, Illinois

10 months ago

Was just wondering if anyone is commuting from Grand Rapids. If so, would you be willing to carpool? Gas is going to be really expensive otherwise.

Curt

10 months ago

Bill Hudson C/O 2013!!!! 1 week down 7 to go let's keep it going. Stay motivated and sharp fellow recruits and the light at the end will come very quick.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Andrew in Davison, Michigan

10 months ago

He'll yeah week one is done. Im glad we finnaly split into our platoons.

10 months ago

I think I'll be repeating that in my sleep while at home this weekend. Lol bill Hudson class of 2013

Chris81 in Adrian, Michigan

10 months ago

I wonder how hard the exam will be

10 months ago

not hard, write down all of the objectives and complete and study the quiz at the end of each section.

Curt in Northville, Michigan

10 months ago

Andrew in Davison, Michigan said: He'll yeah week one is done. Im glad we finnaly split into our platoons.

Andrew are you in platoon 1 or 2?

10 months ago

I'm actually in platoon 3 with platoon leader Lt. Fejes and Fto Downs

Curt in Northville, Michigan

10 months ago

Oh ok I'm I'm 1 with FTO Williams and Lt. Maki. Is anyone on here in 1 or 2 aka "Summit Recruits"?

10 months ago

are they going to have an academy in Dec?

10 months ago

mark in Grand Rapids, Michigan said: are they going to have an academy in Dec?

Hey Mark,

From what im hearing there will be an academy in either January or February. And starting January 1, 2014 the academy will no longer be paid for. ie: lodging and food. You also do not get paid in the academy anymore as well. You will have the option (if you pass the interview/pt test and medical tests)to either attend a six week traning program in lansing or attend a college to complete a six week course.

Richard in Ovid, Michigan

10 months ago

NVGrandRapids in Grand Rapids, Michigan said: Hey Mark,

From what im hearing there will be an academy in either January or February. And starting January 1, 2014 the academy will no longer be paid for. ie: lodging and food. You also do not get paid in the academy anymore as well. You will have the option (if you pass the interview/pt test and medical tests)to either attend a six week traning program in lansing or attend a college to complete a six week course.

Is there somewhere I can read about this. I'm looking at getting into the next academy so I'm curious.

10 months ago

Richard in Ovid, Michigan said: Is there somewhere I can read about this. I'm looking at getting into the next academy so I'm curious.

I recieved a process change email from the recruitment section along with other info related to my interview. Im not sure if you can find the info online but it doesnt hurt to search. Otherwise id say you could call the recruitment section and ask them about the changes that are taking place after the 1st of January.

10 months ago

why won't they pay you for academy? This is so stupid.

D christine dou in Michigan

10 months ago

The academies will no longer be paid because the state is trying to save money. MDOC is the highest expense the State of Michigan has & the Governors have and will always look to trim the fat where the most expenses occur.

10 months ago

Yeah just went through my interview papers, watch this year will be the only year it happens. Now the question is will the schools be just as good as training in Lansing.

10 months ago

It's my understanding the colleges will employ former MDOC trainers and staff as well as others who have run county and city jails. Staff always complains about the new hires regardless...

10 months ago

will they have one more class before this start in jan? why dont the state troopers do this ?

10 months ago

Nope the next class is 2014 unless the plan to start one in December. Do they have a list of colleges up yet I missed does anyone know.

10 months ago

Actually, MSP is really low on numbers. I am glad ( & surprised) the Governor is supporting the effort on training more. That program is INTENSE!!
I have heard the training in December is ONLY for the food service staff who were offered CO training. Remember...these are current MDOC staff who are losing their jobs because the Governor wants to save money & hire companies that are cheap. The food quality will suffer and the prisoners will have a fit.

10 months ago

I know Lansing Community College will be holding classes....I would hope the recruitment office will have info on participating colleges.

10 months ago

The Governorn wants to increase the number of State Troopers and close prisins and decrease the number of COs. He'll pay for the State Trooper academy. Do you have any desire for poluce work? Clean background?

10 months ago

Richard in Ovid, Michigan said: Nope the next class is 2014 unless the plan to start one in December. Do they have a list of colleges up yet I missed does anyone know.

I didnt see a list either. Id like to know what colleges will be offering this and what to expect tuition wise. To be honest I think this is going to turn alot of people off. Its a shame that they had to make such drastic cuts.

Page:  « First « Previous   29  30  31  32  33  34  35  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.