waiting list

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 2260)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

ts82 in Grand Rapids, Michigan

52 months ago

What is the MDOC waiting list looking like these days? I'm thinking about contacting a recruiter if this other job doesnt come through.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

David in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

52 months ago

ts82 in Grand Rapids, Michigan said: What is the MDOC waiting list looking like these days? I'm thinking about contacting a recruiter if this other job doesnt come through.

Funny really really funny! Oh and have you ever won the lottery? Better chance at the lottery for sure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

lol, thanks. I have an interview with a sheriffs dept next week for a corrections position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

David in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

52 months ago

You will have better luck there I am sure. After two tours in Iraq and a degree in criminal justice they told me they weren't hiring any white males. Born and raised in Michigan and that is how they treated me. Good luck and just don't get your hopes up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

David in Oak Ridge, Tennessee said: You will have better luck there I am sure. After two tours in Iraq and a degree in criminal justice they told me they weren't hiring any white males. Born and raised in Michigan and that is how they treated me. Good luck and just don't get your hopes up.

I have two tours in Afghan. 82nd Airborne! I also have an interview for TSA on the 26th. so hopefully one of them will work out

Sue in Lennon, Michigan

48 months ago

amelia n in Redford, Michigan said: You took the interview and pt test two years ago and you still dont have a job yet? That is horrible. I took the interview and pt test on July 18 and I got the call saying they want to send me to training in September, in early August.

Amelia, are you still working or have you been laid off?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

moe in Pontiac, Michigan

47 months ago

Sue in Lennon, Michigan said: Amelia, are you still working or have you been laid off?

i just got hired last week start academy in november, cant wait. michigan is starting to look good, at least in my favor

Alex in Muskegon, Michigan

47 months ago

moe in Pontiac, Michigan said: i just got hired last week start academy in november, cant wait. michigan is starting to look good, at least in my favor

Congratulations Moe I start the academy in November in Lansing as well. Hope to see you there!! What facility did you get hired into?

rachelle

47 months ago

Just revived a letter saying I passed the correctional officer test now what's the next step and how long? Fyi this was for ny correctional officer

Ric Flair in Wyandotte, Michigan

47 months ago

I was contacted last week and I told them thanks but no thanks, reason being is that I don't trust any job that is directly related to this (michigan) states budget. They have a LONG history of hiring you then laying you off.

mark in Flint, Michigan

44 months ago

rachelle said: Just revived a letter saying I passed the correctional officer test now what's the next step and how long? Fyi this was for ny correctional officer

I have taken this test from ny and mich. i yet to get my result back from ny , but when i do the next step is the background check ect... and pt test..

mark in Flint, Michigan

44 months ago

anyone know about any new c.o. academy stat dates for mich?

DeterminedDame in Highland Park, Michigan

43 months ago

mark in Flint, Michigan said: anyone know about any new c.o. academy stat dates for mich?

I was going to ask the same question Mark, when I passed the phusical and interview they told me that I would now have to wait for the budget to pass. Hopefullyy its soon

43 months ago

If anyone knows any updated information on a new training class in Michigan let me know, hopefully dont have to wait 6 years. Im ready now!

s6a2m28 in Grand Rapids, Michigan

43 months ago

DeterminedDame in Highland Park, Michigan said: If anyone knows any updated information on a new training class in Michigan let me know, hopefully dont have to wait 6 years. Im ready now!

they had to wait for the new budget - seeing as the state budget was implemented today - i'm hoping they'll at least be able to tell us soon whether they will be doing hiring. i had my interview in january. have you been waiting long?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

I also interview in January, so no I havent been waiting too long.

43 months ago

Any new updates for Michigan?

43 months ago

Not that I know of, I ususlly call at the beginning of the month, let me know if you hear anything.Thanks

JamesGibson in Oneida, Tennessee

41 months ago

I work for the Tennessee dept. of corrections, Morgan County Correctional Complex, former Brushy Moutain Prison. The starting pay is 2,138 benefits include Annual Leave (One Day Per Month), Sick Leave (One Day Per Month), 401K or 457K Deferred Compensation Programs, Health Insurance (80% State Paid), Approximately 11 Paid Holidays Per Year, Direct Deposit, Credit Union, Employee Assistance Program, Cash Overtime or Compensatory Time (Based Upon Status as Exempt or Non-exempt), Drug and Tobacco Free Workplace, Generous Retirement Package with Insurance Options, Employee Suggestion Program, Uniforms & equipment are furnished for correctional officer etc etc... Now, there is no testing to get an interview, you can print off an app from the website, www.tn.gov/correction/employment/employmt.html and mail it into which ever facility you wish to apply to.. Once hired your traning wll inculde one week "pre-service" at the prison, 40 hours then off to academy-- complete six weeks of security-oriented training prior to assuming full-time duties at their respective institutions. Topics include firearms qualification training, self-defense, inmate supervision, mechanical restraints, interpersonal communication skills, personal searches, cell/area searches, inmate rights, First Aid/CPR, and report writing once you complete academy, you have two more weeks of training at the prison, then you on probation for 9 monhs and under a Field Training officer. MCCX is th bes prison to work for in the state of Tennesssee because it is union and employees have the right to bid on jobs and off days. Come down south to Wartburg, Tn 37887 and live a wonderful life. Hope it was helpful

happy24

41 months ago

JamesGibson in Oneida, Tennessee said: I work for the Tennessee dept. of corrections, Morgan County Correctional Complex, former Brushy Moutain Prison. The starting pay is 2,138 benefits include Annual Leave (One Day Per Month), Sick Leave (One Day Per Month), 401K or 457K Deferred Compensation Programs, Health Insurance (80% State Paid), Approximately 11 Paid Holidays Per Year, Direct Deposit, Credit Union, Employee Assistance Program, Cash Overtime or Compensatory Time (Based Upon Status as Exempt or Non-exempt), Drug and Tobacco Free Workplace, Generous Retirement Package with Insurance Options, Employee Suggestion Program, Uniforms & equipment are furnished for correctional officer etc etc... Now, there is no testing to get an interview, you can print off an app from the website, www.tn.gov/correction/employment/employmt.html and mail it into which ever facility you wish to apply to.. Once hired your traning wll inculde one week "pre-service" at the prison, 40 hours then off to academy-- complete six weeks of security-oriented training prior to assuming full-time duties at their respective institutions. Topics include firearms qualification training, self-defense, inmate supervision, mechanical restraints, interpersonal communication skills, personal searches, cell/area searches, inmate rights, First Aid/CPR, and report writing once you complete academy, you have two more weeks of training at the prison, then you on probation for 9 monhs and under a Field Training officer. MCCX is th bes prison to work for in the state of Tennesssee because it is union and employees have the right to bid on jobs and off days. Come down south to Wartburg, Tn 37887 and live a wonderful life. Hope it was helpful

i have an interview with morgan co. correctional this tuesday and i was wondering if they tell me if i got the job that day or if i have to wait for a call? do i have to do a pt test b4 i start? do i do my drug screen that day? and what questions they ask?

james gibson

41 months ago

You will go interview, then they will call you usually the ne
Xt day depending on how many they interview.. They will tell
You if you got it or not, if u did they will tell you to go to
Center to get drug tested then after that back to prison for
The first week then off to academy

happy24

41 months ago

james gibson said: You will go interview, then they will call you usually the ne
Xt day depending on how many they interview.. They will tell
You if you got it or not, if u did they will tell you to go to
Center to get drug tested then after that back to prison for
The first week then off to academy

thanku for ur reply...i was also wondering if u remember what kinds of questions they ask? is the academy pretty hard?

41 months ago

Alex in Muskegon, Michigan said: Congratulations Moe I start the academy in November in Lansing as well. Hope to see you there!! What facility did you get hired into?

Is that novemeber 2011 because I am also in the pool, I was told that nothing will be known until July 1st...any insight?

41 months ago

DeterminedDame in Highland Park, Michigan said: Is that novemeber 2011 because I am also in the pool, I was told that nothing will be known until July 1st...any insight?

No. He posted that 6 months ago. That academy started November 15, 2010. They haven't made any selections or decisions for 2011. The state still has until June to finalize the budget. That's all we are waiting on...whether they have money or not.

41 months ago

s6a2m28 in Grand Rapids, Michigan said: they had to wait for the new budget - seeing as the state budget was implemented today - i'm hoping they'll at least be able to tell us soon whether they will be doing hiring. i had my interview in january. have you been waiting long?

Hey how are you, have you heard any news yet?

41 months ago

DeterminedDame in Highland Park, Michigan said: Hey how are you, have you heard any news yet?

I'm good. Still waiting. I wish they would just make a decision...so that I can make decisions for myself. This is what I want to do so everything is on hold for now.

They don't have any new information for anyone. I wrote earlier the State had until June to finalize...then I did a little research on it. They actually have been given until July 1 for the final 2011 budget to become legally binding. What facilities did you apply to?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

AHH! MICHIGAN!

mark in Phoenix, Arizona

37 months ago

any new info on an academy class yet for michigan in 2011 , i work in az as a correctional officer, but have been waiting for mich. any news would be great?

Chad in Hillsdale, Michigan

36 months ago

I have done everything and I am still waiting. I just did everything this month so they are still testing and interviewing. They have stopped all the testing and stuff so I am thinking that something will come up soon hopefully. They wont tell anyone when an academy is scheduled becuase they dont want the over abundence of call coming in to check on their application. I currently work in a juvenile detention center and hoping to get into the DOC. If you look on Michigans job posting for the state they have a posting for Correction Officer recruits so they have to have something in mind. I was also told from a close friend that works for the DOC that they usually run them in the fall or winter time. I have my AAS-Corrections and almost finished my Bachelors degree.

For the people that have done the interview and pt test and passed did they have you sign a pice of paper that states that you cant transfer facilities for the first year? They have also called my past employers.

Good luck everyone.

L from in Nashville, Tennessee

36 months ago

I wondering how long does the hiring process take for co.. I been 2 the interview 2 mths ago in that time they contacted 2 of my references but im getting wairry because I havent heard back ....please help me

Steve in Burton, Michigan

36 months ago

I went through the process earlier this year. The MDOC has also called my past employers. Even told my current employer that they are going to offer me the position. I still have not heard anything, However, if they are calling to get info on you then that is a good thing. I'm thinking that they will call early Oct. A guy I went to Ferris State with was hired last year and was called early Oct. We both have our Bachelors degree in Criminal Justice. Good Luck everyone!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

J in Davison, Michigan

36 months ago

I would consider looking elsewhere for a job at this time. The MDOC is not a stable career. They just announced another prisoner closure today. There is also serious talk about going to 12 hour shifts which would lay off the bottom 750 officers across the state (this doesn't even include the closure). I have been in the MDOC for 6 years and have to think if I will still have my job every year. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

Sounds like Michigan has dropped in the # of prisoners. Does this mean that crime is down???? or are we just releasing people early? Come October 1st when the state cuts everyone off of their cash, I wonder what it will be like then here in this Doomed-jobless state. I also think they(FBI) rated Flint the most dangerous place to live....makes me wonder why that is.

J in Davison, Michigan

36 months ago

Chad in Hillsdale, Michigan said: I have done everything and I am still waiting. I just did everything this month so they are still testing and interviewing. They have stopped all the testing and stuff so I am thinking that something will come up soon hopefully. They wont tell anyone when an academy is scheduled becuase they dont want the over abundence of call coming in to check on their application. I currently work in a juvenile detention center and hoping to get into the DOC. If you look on Michigans job posting for the state they have a posting for Correction Officer recruits so they have to have something in mind. I was also told from a close friend that works for the DOC that they usually run them in the fall or winter time. I have my AAS-Corrections and almost finished my Bachelors degree.

For the people that have done the interview and pt test and passed did they have you sign a pice of paper that states that you cant transfer facilities for the first year? They have also called my past employers.

Good luck everyone.

You are not eligible to transfer until your 1 year probation period is over. If you want to transfer after that, you must find someone in the facility you would like to go to and do a "1 for 1". You are not guaranteed a transfer.

36 months ago

Don't worry everyone!!! I hear that a private company might start bidding to take over state jobs. So there will be jobs,however; I've been looking at private companies that do this.....They pay as much as $9 an hour.....Wow....and they might pay part of your medical....just something to look forward to

matt in Montpelier, Vermont

36 months ago

I used to work for MDOC
Got sick of the games / layoffs
moved to Vermont
Work for VT DOC
all the OT you can handle
6 week academy
any facility you want....

its a good gig

now hiring

35 months ago

J in Davison, Michigan said: You are not eligible to transfer until your 1 year probation period is over. If you want to transfer after that, you must find someone in the facility you would like to go to and do a "1 for 1". You are not guaranteed a transfer.

Hello I did have an interview and fitness test for Michigan and did not have to sign anything stating that there were no transfers until 1 year in.

35 months ago

Hello Michigan applicants/workers I have a question...I went through the interview process including the fitness test earlier this year around March/April. Last week I received a manila envelope with info stating that I am to scheduled to report for my SECOND fitness test. Does anyone know what this means and does anyone know if I will be hired soon? I am still in the waiting pool.

Thanks!

35 months ago

DeterminedDame in Highland Park, Michigan said: Hello Michigan applicants/workers I have a question...I went through the interview process including the fitness test earlier this year around March/April. Last week I received a manila envelope with info stating that I am to scheduled to report for my SECOND fitness test. Does anyone know what this means and does anyone know if I will be hired soon? I am still in the waiting pool.

Thanks!

Every 6 months the MDOC has every applicant re-do fitness test. They should have told you this at your interview. This is what I was told. And for being hired!!!!No one knows when they will be hiring again. I hope it is soon. However, the MDOC will be closing Mound prison. Hope this helps.....I too will need to update my fitness test soon. The good thing is that they are keeping us up to date for the list. This leads me to believe that something will happen soon. Or this could just be me hoping again!!!!

J in Davison, Michigan

35 months ago

DeterminedDame in Highland Park, Michigan said: Hello I did have an interview and fitness test for Michigan and did not have to sign anything stating that there were no transfers until 1 year in.

When you start the academy and then go to your facility, you are on a 1 year probation (You are called a "Red Tag" and then a "Green Tag"). At the end of your 1 year probation, you take the fitness test again. If you fail the fitness test 3 times, you are let go. You cannot transfer during your probation period. Once you turn "status" (after 1 year) you can look for someone to do a transfer with you. On another note, What did you put down for availability? Statewide or what counties?

J in Davison, Michigan

35 months ago

David in Oak Ridge, Tennessee said: Correctional Officers make $1927.00 a month with benefits. And there is no pt test or interveiw like Michigan. Take your application to the facility you want to be employed with. You want to be employed with Morgan County take the application to their facility. Its not based on race or gender and veterans do have first picks!

There is NO way I would work for any DOC making $1927 a month with benefits. Michigan starts at $2534 per month and tops out at $3883 per month plus benefits. Too many risks involved for $12 an hour. Also, Every DOC should have a PT Test. When I'm on the yard with 600 inmates and my partner (yes, 1 partner) is 150 yards away watching his area, I want to know he can run and help when I'm getting my A$$ kicked. If you're not in shape to do a fitness test, you should not apply. Just my opinion.

35 months ago

J in Davison, Michigan said: There is NO way I would work for any DOC making $1927 a month with benefits. Michigan starts at $2534 per month and tops out at $3883 per month plus benefits. Too many risks involved for $12 an hour. Also, Every DOC should have a PT Test. When I'm on the yard with 600 inmates and my partner (yes, 1 partner) is 150 yards away watching his area, I want to know he can run and help when I'm getting my A$$ kicked. If you're not in shape to do a fitness test, you should not apply. Just my opinion.

I Agree!!!! The test was easy in the first place!!! and $2500 a month is my min. I'm looking at Texas department of corrections but their pay is some what low.....maybe that is why they have a high turn over....and are hurting for officers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

bigcphilly in Millington, Michigan

35 months ago

Steve in Burton, Michigan said: I Agree!!!! The test was easy in the first place!!! and $2500 a month is my min. I'm looking at Texas department of corrections but their pay is some what low.....maybe that is why they have a high turn over....and are hurting for officers.

Do not waste your time going to TDCJ. The pay is absolutely terrible(I started as a COIII and after taking out my money for benefits, I was making sixteen hundred a month) You won't get paid for your overtime,and The Department doesn't care about its officers which is just pathetic.

35 months ago

bigcphilly in Millington, Michigan said: Do not waste your time going to TDCJ. The pay is absolutely terrible(I started as a COIII and after taking out my money for benefits, I was making sixteen hundred a month) You won't get paid for your overtime,and The Department doesn't care about its officers which is just pathetic.

Thanks for the heads up....I just went through testing for Atlanta PD. Sounds like a good place to start.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

J in Davison, Michigan said: When you start the academy and then go to your facility, you are on a 1 year probation (You are called a "Red Tag" and then a "Green Tag"). At the end of your 1 year probation, you take the fitness test again. If you fail the fitness test 3 times, you are let go. You cannot transfer during your probation period. Once you turn "status" (after 1 year) you can look for someone to do a transfer with you. On another note, What did you put down for availability? Statewide or what counties?

They had me sign the slip stating about not being able to transfer for one year and explained all that to me. I have not received a call stating that I have been chosen for an academy but have heard the beginning of 2012 they plan to have an academy. I put down Jackson, Lenawee, Branch, Chelsea, Washthenaw. I have heard that Jackson county need officers bad. So we shall see. Fingers are crossed.

J in Davison, Michigan

35 months ago

If you want the best chance getting into the State, you need to put statewide on where you're willing to work. For example, If you only put Jackson county and there are no openings but Livingston county has 50 openings (45 minutes Northeast), you WILL NOT get a call. The more choices you give, the better chance you have. Mound Correctional Facility is set to close on 1/6/12. 210 officers have the choice to fill vacancies in Jackson county and their bumping region based on seniority. On a worse note, A new Healthcare Bill passed yesterday (HB4701) affecting all new employees hired after 1/1/12. Retiree healthcare will be eliminated and instead, the state will match an additional 2% into your 401k. You will also receive $1000 or $2000 depending on the age you retire. Let me know if you have any more questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

Thank you, you have been very helpful with everythng. One more question. Have they figured out if they are going to privatize SAI yet? I work in a juvenile detention and treatment facility and I love my job so I am not to worried if I dont get recruited but if I did that would be great being that is what I graduated college for. They told me my interview went good and they are expecting to run an academy after the first of the year. I had a family friend that talked to one of the recruitment officers and was looking for me at the interview.
Again thank you for your response..

J in Davison, Michigan

34 months ago

They are taking bids for SAI (Woodland Corrrectional Facility also). It is unknown to everyone if any bids have been submitted. I know in the past they tried to bid SAI and have failed. If these 2 do go private, no one knows what kind of pay or benefits they would offer.

34 months ago

Does anyone know if I could call to change my availability to state wide???

34 months ago

Has anyone heard anything about an academy yet? I know they have it in this years fiscal budget for a new recruit academy but not sure when they are going to operate one.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.