Can't find work in Psych field....Which grad program should I do?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Teacher4Life in Las Vegas, Nevada

29 months ago

I want to teach Psychology in a Community College and eventually a university. I have a BA in Education but not credentialed because I taught secondary ed in private schools for the past 25 years. I'm trying to change careers. I cannot find a job in any type of psychology institution and I have run through my savings I had so I could concentrate on completing school this past year. I just completed a B.S. in Behavioral Science & Ethics (Psych based classes) & I am about to start a Master's program online and the school is in AZ. Question is do I enroll in the Master's of Psychology with an emphasis in General Psych which does not prepare or lead to licensure (14 months longs and only $17,000) OR do I enroll in their Master's in Professional Counseling which can lead to licensure because of the 1 1/2 years of practicum (2 1/2 years long and $28,000). As I said, I mainly want to TEACH at a higher level so does anyone know, do I really need the license? My counselor was not sure but said that "SHE THINKS" in order for me to teach, I would need counseling experience which I can't do without licensure here on the west coast. I'm not one to go the medical route as some suggested above. HELP! I wish my last counselor had told me the truth about this B.S. not being able to be used right after graduation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

CraigP in Lakeville, Minnesota

18 months ago

I am aware of a neuroscience breakthrough called Higher Brain Living that will accept your background. They are looking for people to join their national team. I was so amazed by what I found that I left my 30-year private practice. I can send a link to free HBL training videos. And I made two testimonial videos I can send as well. If you get interested, I would love to talk about it! Contact me at craigp@higherbrainliving.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.