Illinois LCPC Application

Comments (2)

dre11 in Chicago, Illinois

40 months ago

I am looking for some guidance regarding the LCPC application in Illinois. I have a Master's in Counseling Psychology, and I am an LPC (took the NCE exam). I recently applied to take the LCPC exam and received a letter from the licensing board stating that my application is pending because I need to take another course. I am confused by this since I already have a Master's degree, and my coursework qualified me to obtain the LPC license. The course that they said I need is Social and Cultural Foundations. I took Social Psychology in grad school, and I thought this would count towards the Soc. Cult. Found. requirement. I also lived and worked abroad for two years, and this information was included in my application. I wrote a letter to the board to appeal their decision, and I'm hoping they'll reconsider since I have over $40,000 in student loans and don't see myself being in a financial position to take another graduate course. Any insight on this issue would be greatly appreciated! Has anyone encountered a similar problem?

Unk in Chicago, Illinois

2 months ago

dre11 in Chicago, Illinois said: I am looking for some guidance regarding the LCPC application in Illinois. I have a Master's in Counseling Psychology, and I am an LPC (took the NCE exam). I recently applied to take the LCPC exam and received a letter from the licensing board stating that my application is pending because I need to take another course. I am confused by this since I already have a Master's degree, and my coursework qualified me to obtain the LPC license. The course that they said I need is Social and Cultural Foundations. I took Social Psychology in grad school, and I thought this would count towards the Soc. Cult. Found. requirement. I also lived and worked abroad for two years, and this information was included in my application. I wrote a letter to the board to appeal their decision, and I'm hoping they'll reconsider since I have over $40,000 in student loans and don't see myself being in a financial position to take another graduate course. Any insight on this issue would be greatly appreciated! Has anyone encountered a similar problem?

Did you send description of the courses you took. From what I remembe from my application is that cultural psychology is one of the requirements. Send in the description of the social psychology course you took and if it meets the cultural criteria then they should be able to accept the application. Hope this helps!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.