Illinois LCPC Application

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

dre11 in Chicago, Illinois

32 months ago

I am looking for some guidance regarding the LCPC application in Illinois. I have a Master's in Counseling Psychology, and I am an LPC (took the NCE exam). I recently applied to take the LCPC exam and received a letter from the licensing board stating that my application is pending because I need to take another course. I am confused by this since I already have a Master's degree, and my coursework qualified me to obtain the LPC license. The course that they said I need is Social and Cultural Foundations. I took Social Psychology in grad school, and I thought this would count towards the Soc. Cult. Found. requirement. I also lived and worked abroad for two years, and this information was included in my application. I wrote a letter to the board to appeal their decision, and I'm hoping they'll reconsider since I have over $40,000 in student loans and don't see myself being in a financial position to take another graduate course. Any insight on this issue would be greatly appreciated! Has anyone encountered a similar problem?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.