LCSW V MA in Counseling

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Morgs4488 in Denver, Colorado

24 months ago

The other questions I have are if I were to pursue the Micro route in social work could I later work in Macro and policy making? I do not know anyone that has gone the Macro route and if you have any experience in that area I would love to hear what exactly it entails. And are there any research opportunities in Social Work? I also do not know anyone in this area.

I understand that each state has different license requirements. If I want be a LCSW but I were to get my MSW out of state is it possible to come back to Colorado to work? or would you suggest receiving a degree in the state you want to work? And how much do employers put emphasis on where you receive your degree because as much as I would like to go out of state I can obtain my MSW for a third of what it costs from the Metropolitan State University of Denver; however, they are in the process of receiving their accreditation and the school is not as reputable as others because they recently went from a community college to a university and I am afraid that I won't be able to be hired if I pursue a degree from this college. Any input would be much appreciated, my e-mail is mawillia4488@gmail.com if you would like to respond to me personally. Thank You!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.