crane mechanic

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (32)

jhammond_82 in chambersburg, Pennsylvania

74 months ago

I am currently a crane mechanic at Grove in Pennsylvania. I make decent money, but there is always room for improvement. I know how to operate almost all of the grove cranes, less the new TMS9000 and the GMK series. I do not have my NCCCO license however. But I'm pretty good with a wrench and electrical trouble shooting. Does anyone know where I might be able to find a job doing this? I am willing to get my NCCCO but, it is alot of money for me, I would like to find a company that would help with paying for the license. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

The General

74 months ago

Do you want to stay as a mechanic or be an operator....? If you want to stay as a mechanic have you worked on many liebherr mobile cranes ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jhammond_82 in chambersburg, Pennsylvania

74 months ago

I really enjoy working on cranes. I have never worked on a Liebherr crane, but I have seen them, and looked at them. From what I saw, I don't think they are much different than a Grove crane. As far as hydraulics they look pretty much the same. Electrical, can't be that different, right? I don't know anything about the LMI system's in the Liebherr, although I would think it would be similar to Grove's. As far as being an operator goes, I would like to, but only if the right opportunity came along. The mobile crane is what I used to build as a matter of fact. I built the Grove TMS series, so I am familiar with a mobile crane style. I work at the CAC (customer acceptance center) so I work on a wide variety of different models of cranes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jerry in East Elmhurst, New York

74 months ago

jhammond_82 in chambersburg, Pennsylvania said: I am currently a crane mechanic at Grove in Pennsylvania. I make decent money, but there is always room for improvement. I know how to operate almost all of the grove cranes, less the new TMS9000 and the GMK series. I do not have my NCCCO license however. But I'm pretty good with a wrench and electrical trouble shooting. Does anyone know where I might be able to find a job doing this? I am willing to get my NCCCO but, it is alot of money for me, I would like to find a company that would help with paying for the license. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Try Amquip crane in NJ they are looking to fill several positions ,also in their PA locations and try the Operating Engineers Union.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sonny Gunawan in Malang, Indonesia

70 months ago

I am currently a crane mechanic at Lorain/Terex Rouhgter Crane in Indonesia. I make decent money, but there is always room for improvement. I know how to operate almost all of the grove cranes, less the new TMS9000 and the GMK series. I do not have my NCCCO license however. But I'm pretty good with a wrench and electrical trouble shooting. Does anyone know where I might be able to find a job doing this? I am willing to get my NCCCO but, it is alot of money for me, I would like to find a company that would help with paying for the license. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

The General in West Palm Beach, Florida

66 months ago

lmao joe....good one

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

team canada in Cambridge, Ontario

66 months ago

Hey Joe, what are you, in grade 6?? I bet that kid would pop you in the mouth if you weret hiding behind a blog ripping into him this way. Maybe move to a better country and you wouldnt have to be so angry with the world.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ronbradley1018 in Orange, Texas

64 months ago

Can anyone give me the reason why the piston in y telescope cylinder keeps getting pushed off my shaft. I have even drilled & pinned it to the shaft.

Please Help

petegalbreath@yahoo.com in Peoria, Arizona

64 months ago

sound like to me your releif valve is not set right or inop...sending a spike and blowing it off....double ck your internal hyd. filter

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ronbradley1018 in Orange, Texas

64 months ago

Thanks for the advise, i have replace the return filter, but the valve I will check today.

thanks again

RENJITH in Kochi, India

57 months ago

We need one Crane mechanic

Nine three eight eight six nine six zero six nine

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

charlesclifton in Pompano Beach, Florida

56 months ago

RENJITH in Kochi, India said: We need one Crane mechanic

Nine three eight eight six nine six zero six nine

you need a crane mechanic but your phone# is no good---not a good start

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle Bulsterbaum in Rosharon, Texas

55 months ago

I am looking for TWO Liebherr Crane Mechanics for Houston, Texas

These are Contract - Hire positions

****MUST HAVE EXP. WITH LIEBHERR CRANES ONLY!

Please email me today!

Michelle@flexicrew.com

Serious candidates only!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

mike1971 in Burlington, Washington

48 months ago

hi ,

i just started a job working on grove crane rt65 i belive simmiler to Grove Rough Terrain Crane Model RT528B.

The crane started up just fine but when the operator tried to start it again, it would not. When i check the unit i turned the key and watch the power slowly drain out (gauges slowly losts power) and the unti did not start. i tried again and the unit started (tuned it off and now i can get it to start again) i have poer to the starter and the fuses check good replaced the ignition switch and there was a 12v relay i chaned out but there is a diode there i have not replaced. it seems odd that i get power but i can see it drain off . any ideas

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

chuck in Pompano Beach, Florida

48 months ago

Well belive it or not double check the battaries--they can have 12V but not hold power or they can have an enternal intermittent short. just load check the batteries first then you might take a look at the wiring on the starter, just make sure the wiring is tight and no shorts on the frame Oh did you mean an RT650 for the most part the RT's are alike but with some changes in components

Jacolas.r@gmail.com in Norway

48 months ago

Hey people,iam 24and iam working on mobile ZOOMLION crane,i have been with them for 2years and 5months,i past my maintains test of ZOOMLION with 80persent and ive been in botswana and zambia so i got a passport,i wana learn more and get far in the future,i just need a chance in life and il show i got what it takes.please any question email me please,looking for a new work...my email is jacolas.r@gmail.com

richardpowers7 in Essex, Maryland

48 months ago

hi my name is richard powers an i have a lil bit of experience wit workin wit cranes thro my past job at a recycleing place called owl metals an wat i dont no u could train me on wat i dont no thank u an have a nice day

mike1971 in Burlington, Washington

48 months ago

chuck in Pompano Beach, Florida said: Well belive it or not double check the battaries--they can have 12V but not hold power or they can have an enternal intermittent short. just load check the batteries first then you might take a look at the wiring on the starter, just make sure the wiring is tight and no shorts on the frame Oh did you mean an RT650 for the most part the RT's are alike but with some changes in components

thanks chuck i found the issue, there is a box to the right of the cab its a tower with a lot of contacc in it . i cleaned them all up and the unit started right up . never seen anything like it and nothing in the wireing diagram showd it . but i traced eveything to it and that was it.. thanks for the info.. mike

rick@federalcranes.com.au in Binda, Australia

48 months ago

jhammond_82 in chambersburg, Pennsylvania said: I am currently a crane mechanic at Grove in Pennsylvania. I make decent money, but there is always room for improvement. I know how to operate almost all of the grove cranes, less the new TMS9000 and the GMK series. I do not have my NCCCO license however. But I'm pretty good with a wrench and electrical trouble shooting. Does anyone know where I might be able to find a job doing this? I am willing to get my NCCCO but, it is alot of money for me, I would like to find a company that would help with paying for the license. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Do you want to move to Australia?

48 months ago

Do you want to move to Australia?

48 months ago

Jacolas.r@gmail.com in Norway said: Hey people,iam 24and iam working on mobile ZOOMLION crane,i have been with them for 2years and 5months,i past my maintains test of ZOOMLION with 80persent and ive been in botswana and zambia so i got a passport,i wana learn more and get far in the future,i just need a chance in life and il show i got what it takes.please any question email me please,looking for a new work...my email is jacolas.r@gmail.com

Can you send me a reume'
rick@federalcranes.com.au
www.federalcranes.com.au

48 months ago

please send resume'
rick@federalcranes.com.au
www.federalcranes.com.au

Vof4eg in Belo Horizonte, Brazil

42 months ago

Vacancies
Crane Mechanic
Job Ref: J006220
Term:Temp

Major client within the marine industry are urgently seeking an experienced crane mechanic for one of their vessels currently working in Singapore.

This is an immediate temporary requirement so only candidates immediately available need apply.

Start: Immediate

Duration: possibly up to 15 April

Rate: £370.00/day

Please send in a detailed CV showing crane experience advising us of their availability.

Non UK candidates must hold a Marlins seafarers English test. All candidates must hold relevant STCW95 marine engineering qualification.www.genesis-marine.co.uk/vacancy.php?e=true&id=J006220

Hamidu r sanga

35 months ago

CRANE OPERATOR IAM 32 EAY OLD I HAVE WIFE AND TWO CHILD,I NO HOW TO OPER RIGGER AND DOGGMAN,

UNION PROUD in Chicago, Illinois

33 months ago

there are over 235,000 crane operators out of work. Welders are in big demand,

OperatorNetwork in Dublin, Ohio

32 months ago

UNION PROUD in Chicago, Illinois said: there are over 235,000 crane operators out of work. Welders are in big demand,

Where on earth did you get statistics of 235,000 operators out of work.

If you guys need a hand getting Certified, and have a decent head on your shoulders try operatornetwork.com

Verify and validate the information on the web (235,000 really?)

larry willis in San Juan Bautista, California

32 months ago

We are looking for a crane mechanic. We have 10 RT's. Groves, Terex, P&H and Badgers.

larry willis in San Juan Bautista, California

32 months ago

WE HAVE 10 RT'S INCLUDING GROVES, BADGERS, P&H AND TEREX

Knsbbouris in VĂ³los, Greece

31 months ago

Hi. I seaching for job .. i m mechanic of cranes ..type : ladecrane . Palfinger . hiab . fassi . bonfiglioli . effer ktp ..also i can repair remote controls scanreco . hbc . hetronic . olsberg. thanks. my email is knsbabouris@hotmail.gr . interested in a job directly . thanks

Got few cranes. in Brisbane, Australia

28 months ago

Are you interested in coming to Australia?

Peter Eichholz in Canyon Country, California

27 months ago

Dear,
Please i'm working on 15ton max capacity crane, but it has no load chat, no name or model number, please i have the picture
please can you send me your email so that i can forward the picture.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

dreamer of being good crane mechanic.. in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

26 months ago

hi,, i am 7yrs working in logistics company and when i came her in middle east i was hire as crane mechanic w/out experience, even it so hard and difficult for me i become so much interesting how to repair a crane.. i want to improve and enrich my knowledge, i have 1yrs 3months only in company and our service is to built a tank for oil and gas company and i want to focus on a crane company so i can learn more and expand my experience being a professional crane mechanic,, please give me a chance to fullfill my dreams,, this is my email add. macatangay_1982@yahoo.com thanks,,,

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.