What are typical crane operator salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 621)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

Adam in Little Harbour

93 months ago

I am a level 3 high school student and am looking into taking a crane operator course after graduation. I would also like to know the answer to this question, so I can use it as a guidline to what I should be looking for as a career.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (220) / No (59) Reply - Report abuse

Emma (Host) in Stamford, Connecticut

93 months ago

Try doing some searches on Indeed's Salary Search tool. Here is a search I did for Crane Operator to help get you started:
www.indeed.com/salary?q1=crane+operator&l1=&tm=1

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

The General in West Palm Beach, Florida

80 months ago

TG in Central City, Kentucky said: non union crane comp. are about $ 18-19 tops for hydr, and you pay for your family ins and 401k yourself, go figure? and that is one of the largest non union crane companys,but they even have some union terminals so that they can get in on the union only jobs, some jobs want allow scab companys

I am a non union crane operator here in South Florida and I am proud of it ... My company pays me more than the union scale wages here in this state ... South Florida local halls are rampant with corruption..My company pays 80% HEALTH 50% DENTAL ..WITH 401 K MATCHING and 6 paid holidays and two weeks paid vacation ..... ask the union boys what they get....nada!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (65) / No (74) Reply - Report abuse

Kathryn in Locust Fork, Alabama

80 months ago

Adam in Little Harbour said: I am a level 3 high school student and am looking into taking a crane operator course after graduation. I would also like to know the answer to this question, so I can use it as a guidline to what I should be looking for as a career.

I have operated various kind of cranes over a 30year period.It's a good choice. I figure you should take the course and diside from there.It takes a certain touch to be good.I have never been in a union and allways done good money wise from 16 to 26 a hour depending on the locaton.It does play hard on the neck i have a plate in my neck but every ocupation has its down falls.Flour is a excellent company to work for.I work for a small company now.You will also be offered perdem 50 to 100 a day

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

The General

79 months ago

Hey Ed

Are you down here in South Florida? ... no ? ok then buddy unless your with Anthony or Maxim you dont know diddly down here in South F L A .... call up the hall down here in Pompano and ask them hows thier pension fund doing...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (29) Reply - Report abuse

The General

79 months ago

Oh and B T W ,when where you last laid off or put on the bench??? Every winter ??? 365 days of sunshine down here plus 13 hours of daylight in the summer for the extra OT....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

Todco250 in Alexandria, Louisiana

79 months ago

The General in West Palm Beach, Florida said: I am a non union crane operator here in South Florida and I am proud of it ... My company pays me more than the union scale wages here in this state ... South Florida local halls are rampant with corruption..My company pays 80% HEALTH 50% DENTAL ..WITH 401 K MATCHING and 6 paid holidays and two weeks paid vacation ..... ask the union boys what they get....nada!!

Amen, I work for a Non- Union Shop in Louisiana. We get a take home company truck and can use it however we want when we are off. I am guarenteed 40 Hrs a week, working or not. I have a brand new crane with A/C and Heat. I have good benefits and I get plenty of hours. The only drawbacks are that I am on call 24 hrs a day and I dont have many scheduled days off. Our pay is under scale but I figure in the company F250 Pickup and fuel they provide as a perk in my salry. This is also a good family company that cares about its employees. Check us out
www.louisianacrane.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

I wish I was an owner... trust me I make my company alot of money and would sure like the frieght in and frieght out on my rig every once in a while. Lets see about $7500 in and $7500 out and about $475 - $550 per hour min 8 anything over 8 is double time, and thats with the luffer attachment.. 2003 ltm 1250 with A/C 300 tonner.... I live and breath cranes!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Ed in Allentown, Pennsylvania

79 months ago

Try to get in touch with the Operating Engineers local union near you. They offer a 4 year apprenticeship program and you can learn how to operate all heavy equipment, and get paid while you are learning. I don't know where you are from, but in PA a first year apprentice makes about $20/hr, a crane operator makes $37.90, and a $2.60/hr raise annually.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

gabe --- high concrete is lame in Reading, Pennsylvania

79 months ago

i am seriously looking into a job as a union operator. i am 28 and have been in a few different fields of construction (non union) for about 10 years. i am NOT looking forward to the long term physical affects of my current job (basically a laborer). being around the crane for the past year got me thinking about thinking about my career in the long term. i have talked to a few operators/oilers about it and they recommend getting into operating. i believe i have the ability to perform this job if given the chance. can anyone offer any advice, expirience, knowledge, tips, etc. about actually being a long term operator? the only draw back that i may encounter is the 4 year apprenticeship. i am very accustomed to staying very busy at work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

bill in Hickory, North Carolina

79 months ago

Ed in Allentown, Pennsylvania said: Call the Union Hall, we only take appretices once a year, and it might have passed for this year, I'm not sure, but it looks like your from the Reading area, Local 542 has a hall in Virginville if you know where that is, (close to Kutztown) give a call to the hall to see about the appreticeship. The current rate for a first year apprentice in the Reading area is about $16/hr plus $3.25/hr annuity full health care, and pension. With a contract raise coming up in May. Full operator rate in Reading is $29.19/hr right now. We are very busy so now might be a good time to try to get in if you are interested.

hey ed,

have you heard of crane operators at the oil refineries in Texas making $3000 per week? What is the average salary for a crane operator? Do you recommend any schools or just the union halls? I was looking at a school in SC but it is $5500 for the course and you have to pay for your own hotel and no job placement. You seem like a veteran, so that is why I am asking you. thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Ed in Green Lane, Pennsylvania

79 months ago

Here you go Bill This is the Operating Engineers Local 465 out of Durham North Carolina's phone number: (919)596-6869 They should be able to get you then info about their appreticeship program. It works different for all the different locals, but in 542 where I live we take new guys once a year in June, so maybe you still have time to get into 465, I'm not sure when they take guys in. I hope this helps you out!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

thanks Ed!

The school is 6 weeks long and it is NCCER certified but they allow you to take the CCO exam, but you have to pay for it and i am not sure they school you one the written and practical exam. It is non-union also. I have additional questions about being a crane operator and being union or non-union. Is the pay really that good (like you stated earlier)? Is there a big shortage and demand for crane operators? I was also wondering if I was too old to get into crane operating (especially an apprenticeship), I am 29 going on 30 and I really have no history in the construction field. I was in the Army for four years got out worked at the USPS for a year or so and then went back to school and I am about to get my bachelor's in management, but the jobs out there are crappy and I heard that crane operators get paid well and they have job security. Is being union that much better than non-union? Well, anyways let me know what you think. Thanks again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Well I not exactly sure what it is like in NC, but around here, there seems to be a shortage of good crane operators. You are not too old for the apprenticeship, I went through the program with a couple of guys that were in there 40's. Union usually pays better, but I'm sure there is some case where that is not true. For example in local 542 a crane operator in the Philadelphia area makes $37.90/hr, plus pension, annuity , health care etc. also you get 50 cents an hour more for every 25 foot increment of boom you have, now I really couldn't tell you what the rate is where you live. As you get farther away from the big city's the rate naturally goes down. Where I live (about 60 miles from Philly the rate is $29.19/hr.) still pretty good, the going rate for non union guys around here is between $15-$20 per hour with no pension and no annuity. As far as experiance I had none either when I got in the union in 2001, I really learned alot and the 4 year program goes by in a snap. My best friend just finished his masters degree and is in the same boat you are, the jobs for him a crappy with really low starting salaries, he is thinking of getting in the union too. You can expect to make maybe 60% of the full rate as a 1st year apprentice, with an increase every year for advancing, also most unions get a contract raise every year on top of that (we get $2.06 per year in the current contract).
If you get good at your trade you wil work all of the time, you can only get out of the program what you put in. If you just skate by and don't put forth the extra effort to learn, those guys are generally laid off 3 to 4 months per year. But it sounds like you are genuinely interested so I don't think you will have that problem. When guys tell you about how the union guys are always laid off, it is the bums that are always laid off, not the good operators! So, yes I think the job is pretty secure. Also with your degree at least you always have something to fall back on!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

The General

79 months ago

Hey Ed,
I get window time when I am driving my crane to and from the job site. As far as travel to and from park jobs(long term jobs) I usually (90%) of the time get travel time to and from based on how far the job site is from my shop, or get a "zone pay" which is $25-$50 bucks per day. What type of crane do you operate there Ed? Lattice, Crawler, Mobile ?? What Model and year is it?.. Alot of Union outfits down here have cranes that are falling apart, they run alot of old equipment. I know you work for Maxim , hows the bankruptcy doing? Are they out of it yet?

Just a warning to you guys out there that are enrolling in these schools that will teach you how to operate a crane, Most Crane outfits will only take in experienced Operators with CCOs, which means you must have 1000 hrs in the seat before you can take the test !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Thanks a lot for the info Ed,

That is good to hear that I am not too old. I was thinking of apprenticeships being for younger people right out of high school. I think I will really pursue this IUOE apprenticeship for crane because that crane school is very, very expensive and no guarentee of a job. When you start as an apprentice, do you start out as an oiler? Or do you start out on other pieces of heavy equipment and work your eay up to crane? I would like to jump right into the crane apprenticeship, but I am willing to do whatever for a short period until I can start. You work for Maxim Crane? Is that union run? I called the one in Charolette and they gave me some insight on the training, but they said that they are all union. Also, do you have to have your CDL A? Can you get it while in the union or do you need it before you apply for the apprenticeship? Thanks a lot again Ed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

I actually work out of the hall, I am working for Maxim right now, but I work for alot of different crane company's, All Crane , Amquip, Dickinson etc. anyway yeah I think all of Maxim's yards are union. To answere your other question, yes you will generally start out as an oiler, you might sometimes run a telescopic forkilift or something like that, but nothing big until you finish the apprenticeship. Actually you will be required to learn about all of the heavy equpment, backhoes, loaders, excavators, dozers, etc... They will train you on everything, but by the end you will decide what you what you want to run when you graduate. I can run all of that stuff, but I prefer to run cranes. No I do not have a CDL A, I have CDL B just enough to drive the cranes, our local requires that you get your CDL within the first 90 days of getting in the program, but if you have a way of getting it now, I might help. I does help to have a class a over a b because then you can drive the counterweight trailer too. Also in some sates you have to drive the crane with the boom over the back in a boom dolly, which requires the a license.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

I don't work for Maxim all of the time sometimes I work for Amquip, All Crane, and there are some smaller crane rental outfits I work for around here too.
Right now I am on a 2006 180 Ton Terex. Some of the places still have old friction rigs, but I pretend I don't know how to run them :) But actually all of the the rental houses around here have mostly newer cranes, The last job I was on I ran a Manitowoc 222. I'm not sure what year it was, but it only had 1700 hours on it. I run anything from little Brodersons, to the biggest I ran was a Demag CC2800. Amquip and Maxim pay $110 a day if the job is more than 50 nile from the shop.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Thanks again ed,

I was under the impression that you worked alongside with a journeyman crane operator, doing the grunt work (rigging, etc.) unitl you have enough hours under your belt to become a journeyman. So how are you supposed to build up enough hours if you run other pieces of equipment? also, how high is the demand for crane operators out there now and in the future? I read your previous posts and you said that you have not made under $115,000 a year since you where in the union, wow, you must be living in a mansion! I look forward to your reply. thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Well the way it works is you are an oiler, your duties are rigging (sometimes, depends on the trade you are working with) greasing, starting up the machine every day, driving it to the job site (when applicable) Spotting, basically anything that has to do with the machine to which you are assigned. The operator is your direct supervisor, the way you get the actual seat time on the rigs is, do a good job as an oiler and the operator will teach you and give seat time on the job. Also the Union has a training site where you can go any time you want to run any piece of equipment they have there. In 542 the apprentices are required to go to the training site 5 days per quarter, but the more you go, the more you learn, When I was an apprentice, I went every Saturday that I wasn't working. LOL I do alright, I don't live in a mansion by any means just a regular old 1800 square foot 2 story in the burbs! But a normal house like that cost me $250K! I don't think $115K is as much here as it is in NC, I have to work alot of hours to get that mind you, also I didn't make even close to that whaen I was an apprentice. I averaged about 50K when I was an apprentice, but like I said before I knew nothing about the industry when I got in now I operate cranes, you learn alot!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

gabe --- high concrete is lame in Reading, Pennsylvania

79 months ago

Hey thanks for the insight Ed. Is your 542 out of Virginville or further north? I am dead set on getting my foot in a union operaters hall. I have been reading a lot of this back-and-forth about union/non-union junk. The reality is not all unions are strong...especially down south it seems. Here in PA the unions are fairly strong. I for one can say non-union outfits are mostly garbage. I work for High Concrete erecting precast (mostly parking garages). Yea we get a per diem, company trucks, and we dont have to pay a dime for tools or hotels. Our company is the turd polishing type this our hourly wages are way low, we are poorly trained therefore everyone is a danger to themselves and others. 2 of our most valued workers got yearly raise of 5 and 10 cents respectively...freakin outrageous! Every union guy that I have talked to on the job and my union buddies all laugh at what I am doing for the wage I am paid...and I am making a bunch of @$$hole fat cats rich. Some union ironworkers came to our jobsite to erect precast on a neighboring builing making a top rate of $38/hr in check. Again, I was laughed at when I told him we were making $15-16/hr. I feel like a total idiot for not listening to my union buddies for the last 10 years of my working and I finally understand why.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

blazin1 in Mount Wolf, Pennsylvania

79 months ago

The General in West Palm Beach, Florida said: I am a non union crane operator here in South Florida and I am proud of it ... My company pays me more than the union scale wages here in this state ... South Florida local halls are rampant with corruption..My company pays 80% HEALTH 50% DENTAL ..WITH 401 K MATCHING and 6 paid holidays and two weeks paid vacation ..... ask the union boys what they get....nada!!

Another mislead operator about the union. What we do get is a Pension, Annuity( Which builds up a lot over the years).We get holidays and insurance, the only thing that we don't usually get is vacation(big whoop).And actually some locals get vacation, and I don't know about florida but up here in the northeast, union wages are always higher.Get your facts right.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

igot in Westport, Massachusetts

79 months ago

dude union all the way u can't beat it. I got grandfathered in my hall 10 years ago making top rate right off the back. I'll be 49 years old when i retire that will put me 30 years in with a full pension. Here were i live my company i work for pays me same rate no matter what piece i'm running crane, frontend loader, backhoe, excavator, forklift, dozer, ect $42.10 hour in my check and still climbing. Not to mention holidays pay i' go to work for 2- 3 hours dew to weather i get the full day paid never sat on the bench in the hall always worked laidoff 2-3 weeks in the winter my choice. What i'm trying to say {{{{IUOE}}}} U CAN'T BEAT IT!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

igot in Westport, Massachusetts said: dude union all the way u can't beat it. I got grandfathered in my hall 10 years ago making top rate right off the back. I'll be 49 years old when i retire that will put me 30 years in with a full pension. Here were i live my company i work for pays me same rate no matter what piece i'm running crane, frontend loader, backhoe, excavator, forklift, dozer, ect $42.10 hour in my check and still climbing. Not to mention holidays pay i' go to work for 2- 3 hours dew to weather i get the full day paid never sat on the bench in the hall always worked laidoff 2-3 weeks in the winter my choice. What i'm trying to say {{{{IUOE}}}} U CAN'T BEAT IT!!!!!

Wow igot,

how much do you make a year? IUOE seems to be the best pay and benefits i have seen!

79 months ago

I make 80,000 to 100,000 a year pending on overtime i don't take a lot 40 hours is good for me i put in saturdays here and there not a lot i'm senior operator for my company so if i don't want to stay the rookie oper is forced on the OT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

wow man! great. I hope I can get in but I really want to specialize in cranes. I heard there is a huge demand for this occupation. is that true?

79 months ago

Thats not true in ma its not a high demand on cranes. I know a few guys in the hall waiting for work all they know is how to operate a crane and no other piece thats why there on the bench sitting. When u go for your training jump in every piece of equipment the hall has on site don't limit your self just to a crane. The more you know the more work you'll have you don't ever have to worry about your crane has work for tomarrow or the next day no what i'm saying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

oe542 in Allentown, Pennsylvania

79 months ago

Well, 542 is actually out of Philadelphia, but we are broke down into 5 districts, we cover the entire eastern half of PA and all of Delaware. District 1 is Philly, Bucks Montgomery area, District 2 is Allentown Easton Bethlehem Reading Schukill, District 3 is Scranton Wilkes Barre, District 4 is Harrisburg area, and District 5 is Delaware, Each district has it's own hiring hall, so wherever you live closest to is the hall you want to register at.

79 months ago

Amen, you should learn everything you can the appreticeship is basically a paid trade school, go to the site as much as possible and learn as much as you can, if you end up specializing in one thing that's great, but it is always good to have other things to fall back on!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Wow, igot what is your benifit package like that is a nice rate!!! I thought ours was high in Philly ($37.90) We get $4.25 annuity, how much is it up in Mass. $150 a week for sub pay, no vacation fund.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

The General

79 months ago

blazin1 in Mount Wolf, Pennsylvania said: Another mislead operator about the union. What we do get is a Pension, Annuity( Which builds up a lot over the years).We get holidays and insurance, the only thing that we don't usually get is vacation(big whoop).And actually some locals get vacation, and I don't know about florida but up here in the northeast, union wages are always higher.Get your facts right.

HEY BLAZE GET AN EDUCATION AND REREAD WHAT I SAID ..............."My company pays me more than the union scale wages here in this state ... South Florida local halls are rampant with corruption..My company pays 80% HEALTH 50% DENTAL ..WITH 401 K MATCHING and 6 paid holidays and two weeks paid vacation ..... ask the union boys what they get....nada!!"
NORTHEAST UNIONS ARE WAY DIFFRENT THAN THE ONES DOWN HERE IN THE SOUTH...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

The General said: HEY BLAZE GET AN EDUCATION AND REREAD WHAT I SAID ..............."My company pays me more than the union scale wages here in this state ... South Florida local halls are rampant with corruption..My company pays 80% HEALTH 50% DENTAL ..WITH 401 K MATCHING and 6 paid holidays and two weeks paid vacation ..... ask the union boys what they get....nada!!"
NORTHEAST UNIONS ARE WAY DIFFRENT THAN THE ONES DOWN HERE IN THE SOUTH...

Hey Gen, I actually have quite an extensive education background, but needless to say I do appolgize for misreading your comment.Hey, power to you if you get higher wages than union, but that is not the norm and you are still paying for your retirement as oppose to our pension and annuity fund. THANK GOD FOR UNIONS, AMERICA NEEDS THEM

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Yeah alot of guys don't realize that sometimes they might get a dollar or two more in their check than a union operator does, but I get $4.25/hr annuity, plus pension, and we pay nothing toward health care, so take the union scale and add about $13-$15/hr to it, then you have real union scale!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

james douglas in Suffield, Connecticut

79 months ago

hi, i was thinking of attending a crane school, any better than most out there? I work paving right now as a grunt, i would love to get into operating, i have operated some bob cats and small stuff, it seems hard to get into the union, if i attend a school? will there be work for me out there, when i am done? any info someone can give me would help. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

The General

79 months ago

The Local up there in NYC has some openings, (no pun intended). Looks like they were jacking (climbing or adding a section) up the crane and made a fatal mistake... crane fliped backwards with all four IOEU's onboard... What a sad tragedy. I looked up New York Cranes the company that owns the rigs in the NY Times and came up with the first violation in October 2006... and guess what they were doing when that occured ??? thats right either dismantling or jacking the same (if not identical crane) when part of the crane fell. The picture that was included with the article shows three guys dismantling the crane and two of them have no fall protection..... don't they teach you that in the apprenticship program to wear your harness??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

That's horrible that you would make a Union/non union issue when something happen where men died!!!!! Face it, we all do the same thing for a living, and I hate to see things like that happen to anybody. And actually it is usually union Ironworkers that do the rigging for erection of tower cranes, not OE's!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Yeah, I still don't see why you had to make jokes about men who lost their lives trying to make a living for their families!! Who cares if they were "thought to be members of local 15"! You are a lowlife piece of sh*t General!!!!!! You don't know anything!!!!! The guys that do the rigging on the crane are fu**ing ironworkers, we just operate the cranes, and set up mobile cranes, maybe you scabs have to do other trades work but we don't. I wish you would try try to cross a picket line around here rat, cuz buddy let me tell ya, you would be in alot of PAIN!!!! So ignorant, it drives me nuts!!!! If 4 non union crane operators got killed, I would feel bad for them and their families, especially because we do the same thing for a living, but a low life scab rat piece a garbage like you has to make an issue!!! Have fun in your RIGHT TO WORK STATE, maybe I'll come watch you work when I retire at 55, and your out there doing daily rentals when your in your 60's!!!! as*hol*

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Tell ya what OE542... Stop by my crane when you get here and say Hi to my pinch point, boot licker.. Those guys that were KILLED were in the local OE union ... that makes them Operating Engineers not Ironworkers.. They have thier own local. So the OE guys were doing the jacking,when the skilled trades, like the Ironworkers should of been doing it in the first place.... so whose the scab now boot licker!! Furthermore you couldn't operate a crane let alone spell crane due to the fact that you don't know the facts....
FACT: Crane fliped over
FACT: IOEU guys were in crane superstructure when it went over.
FACT: No Ironworkers were in the crane.
FACT: When I'm on a Union job and the Ironworkers are installing the LUFFER on MY crane, I'm up there with them erecting the fan, banging pins, flying sections of boom, and pinning the bars. Plus I triple check everything they do.. WHY ? Not only do I love it, its my job to make sure my rig is set up right every single time and Ironworkers are big time idiots that will get themselves and others killed... thats why !!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Your point still makes no sense General!!!!!!! Who cares if they were OE's? That is the point I was making from the beginning!! The fact is people died!! As far as you saying I can't run a crane; How would you know? You are just an idiot!!! Trying to debate with you is useless because you are a retard!!! I would like to see you tell those union ironworkers that they are idiots!!! See how many spud wrenches come through your window RAT!!! You would have a whole different attitude about unions if you weren't in a scabby right to work state, where nobody makes a decent wage!! $20-$25/hr ha thats a joke, the responsibilty that you have running that crane and that is all you get?? Cost of living where you live is about the same, if not more than here in PA, and we $41.15/hr (counting the $4.25/hr annuity) by the it's like a 401K, but I don't contribute a dime!! How can you knock that?? jelousy? I don't know? I'm not even going to reply to anymore of your comments, because you are just to stupid!!!!! Like I said before, maybe I can come watch you work and wave at you when I retire at 55, while your working til' the day you die!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

The General

79 months ago

So you think you know me, Well come out and say who I work for. I bet you left the BIG Non Union Company for Anthony because they promised you a harley or a corvette... sure I've recieved the same offer, and if you didn't then your too far down on the ladder. But those guys are starving and jumping ship... look at all of the operators that left Maxim and Anthony to work for Non Union outfits. Why? Because they are only making barely 40 hours. Speak...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

The General

79 months ago

OBTW are you missing any fingers ? got your hand caught in a winch ??? BWHAHAHAHAHAH....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

operator in South Florida, Florida

79 months ago

So what if I got hurt at work, it happens, but at least I will get a pension now, and we are getting more than 40 hours a week for your information!! Keep kissing a*s!!!!!!!

The General

79 months ago

So you joined Anthony like 3 years ago, so when you retire at 65 in 5 years, you will have 8 years vested.... Hows thier fund doing over there Rudy? Whats scale at $27.85? You ran that 888 that fliped over in Ft lauderdale? or a 40 ton P&H / Terex towing a concrete bucket down I95? Your still a bitter old man thats pissed because the "office" could't trust you with anything bigger than a 60 ton. Say hi to Debbie for me..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

You got some serious issues General, making a joke when people's live's got taken.You are probably some washed up old ass "crane operator" that still running a carrydeck or boom truck because they don't trust you with anything else.And when that's not busy, you are welding,rod busting,picking up trash on the site, and whatever else your "RAT" company wants you to do when you are not busy.You probably hate the Union so bad because maybe one point in your life you tried to get in but they denied your sorry ass. You said" I breathe cranes", what a joke.You're the guy sitting outside the jobsite wishing you could run the big rigs.GOD BLESS THE UNIONS, AMERICA NEEDS THEM

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Blaze, wakeup and read what was posted before you opened your trap.

79 months ago

Amen Blazin1!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet this guy never even heard of 2nd operator on a big rig!!! Just another condition that those "stupid" union guys get! Hope he has fun running his luffer for 13 hours alone!!!! IDIOT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Raven K in Texas City, Texas

78 months ago

I am happy for you, but I think we union guys are talking about across the board. Everyone on the job get's the good pay and all the union jobs pay well, not just one individual that landed a good job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Kathryn in Locust Fork, Alabama said: I have operated various kind of cranes over a 30year period.It's a good choice. I figure you should take the course and diside from there.It takes a certain touch to be good.I have never been in a union and allways done good money wise from 16 to 26 a hour depending on the locaton.It does play hard on the neck i have a plate in my neck but every ocupation has its down falls.Flour is a excellent company to work for.I work for a small company now.You will also be offered perdem 50 to 100 a day

Still no union retirement which means you don't get double the pay on Sunday and you don't get two hours show up time and if you start working you don't get four hours pay reguardless. Plus, I don't have to fill out applications and try to explain how good I am at what I do or convience the supervisor to pay me more. If you have a union certification, you are good to go and everyone is treated fairly.

78 months ago

Ed in Zionsville, Pennsylvania said: You are mistaken dude!! We get Christmas, New Years, Thanksgiving, 4th of July, Election Day, Memorial Day, and the Holiday that the labor unions got you Labor Day all paid!! Also I make $37.90/hr in the check, also $4.25/hr annuity, $2.75/hr for pension, $6.50/hr for health care, and the union also gives us $150 a week on top of state unemployment, for supplimental unemployment in the case the you would get laid off!!! Hope you like paying for 20% of your medical, and 50% dental!!! How much is your pension? I can retire at 55, how bout you?

Thank you Union Brother for Explaining to the NON-union people. If I ride an animal to work, I would rather ride a horse with a saddle insted of a bare back ASS! HE HE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.