DECKHANDS

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 226)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

alex bosch in Cincinnati, Ohio

77 months ago

ive have always dreamed of working as a deck hand and just got out of the army about 2 months ago and see this as the perfect time to find a crew to be loyal to and prove my self to the older guys that us young guys are willing to stand side by side to work as a team to get our jobs done to perfection if intrested please contact me by email alxbosch@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mistydawn in jena, Louisiana

76 months ago

Ron Hull III FMT Recruiting Manager in Mandeville, Louisiana said: Hello to all of you seeking employment in the inland marine industry. I work for a company called Florida Marine Transporters, and we proudly boast the newest fleet of modern tug boats in the industry. Along with such comfortable equipment the owner of the company has put together the best benefits package in the industry. We match dollar for dollar up to 11% on 401k, as well as offering full medical and dental. Florida Maarine also has made a big investment in the training of entry level deckhands all the way through the ranks of captain of a inland marine towing vessel, all at no cost to the employee. Entry level personnel start at $135 a day with full benefits. You can get an application online at floridamarinetransporters.com , Entry level applicant must:
- Be at least 18 years of age w/ high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Possess a valid US driver's license
- Produce an original birth certificate or certified copy or a social security card
- Be a U.S. citizen or possess a valid resident card
- Be able to read and comprehend the English language
- Not have a DWI/DUI in the past three years
- Pass a drug and alcohol screen
Thank You,

Ron Hull III

hi, i need a job and would like to hear back from you. I am single and have nothing holding me at home. I want to work doing whatever makes me a good living. I am in very good shape and can do anything as long as I am shown what is to be done. please anything would be great.. the sooner the better. I would like to meet with you and get to work.
thanks, misty dawn stringer-cook

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bell Randy in Cleveland, Texas

76 months ago

benny borden in Marrero, Louisiana said: i work 4 chs as a deckhand i am looking 4 a better job as a deckhand i have work there 4, 6 months

who is chs marine

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

timmy baskin in Nashville, Tennessee

76 months ago

I am seeking employment for a deckhand on a tugboat. This has always been a dream of mine--

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mark Hamilton in Bowling Green, Kentucky

75 months ago

I'm 23 years old and looking for employment on deck. I'd love to work in the kitchen as a cook. Mainly because I have no experience elsewhere. I'm a quick learner and I work hard. I'm great under pressure and at multitasking. I live in Owensboro, KY. with my wife and 3 year old son. My wife is currently unemployed for simple fact we cannot afford daycare for our son. This experience would help my family and I. If there is a position open, or if I am of any interest please contact me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

alexus44 in Clarksville, Tennessee

75 months ago

Hi my name is Alexus McCathern i am moving to Lynchburg Va at the end of Jan .Im wanting a job as a deckhand close to or around Lynchburg .I have no experince but i have a good work history and im a very hard worker . I just want a chance to proove myself .If someone could please give me some places that are hiring deck hands i would appreciate it .Please email me if you can help me out . alexus_mccathern@yahoo.com

brian_lowery42@yahoo.com in Dunbar, Pennsylvania

75 months ago

Chris Sweezy in Huntington, West Virginia said: Recently Out of the Army. I am looking for a deckhand job in the Wv tristate area

call madisson coal and supply in wv

75 months ago

benny borden in Marrero, Louisiana said: i work 4 chs as a deckhand i am looking 4 a better job as a deckhand i have work there 4, 6 months

please contact me at brian_lowery42@yahoo.com i may be able to help you and you may be able to help me with deckhand work thank you

scojos in Sandy, Utah

75 months ago

Mark Hamilton in Bowling Green, Kentucky said: I'm 23 years old and looking for employment on deck. I'd love to work in the kitchen as a cook. Mainly because I have no experience elsewhere. I'm a quick learner and I work hard. I'm great under pressure and at multitasking. I live in Owensboro, KY. with my wife and 3 year old son. My wife is currently unemployed for simple fact we cannot afford daycare for our son. This experience would help my family and I. If there is a position open, or if I am of any interest please contact me.
Mark. I am in the process of buying a 80' houseboat. I need a deckhand /crew member to help me go up the Mississippi, the Ohio and the Tennessee river(s). I am retiring and want to survey out a charter business going up and down the Mississippi River. I have to make the trip myself first.Interested? Will be starting up around March 30,2009

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

scojos in Sandy, Utah

75 months ago

andrew owen in Houston, Texas said: im 18 years old looking for a deckhand job i have no experiance but am really hard working and would appretiate any help...

If you are still looking call me. This is dream job. I am starting a charter company for passengers traveling the Mississippi River. I have to do the complete trip myself before I buy a bigger boat to take on passengers. I am going to buy a 80' houseboat and need a deck hand.,light boat maintainence and a lot of boat handling. I'll teach you. Its' easy. Joe

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

scojos in Sandy, Utah said: If you are still looking call me. This is dream job. I am starting a charter company for passengers traveling the Mississippi River. I have to do the complete trip myself before I buy a bigger boat to take on passengers. I am going to buy a 80' houseboat and need a deck hand.,light boat maintainence and a lot of boat handling. I'll teach you. Its' easy. Joe

contact me if you still need a deckhand brian_lowery42@yahoo.com

delinq in Bremerton, Washington

75 months ago

I worked on the Cachalot in Ketchikan, Ak last year and it was the first year being a deckhand. For reference email me for info please, Walter Spencer, Captain/Owner, Cachalot - Salmon Tender. I can be contacted at delinqcrew@yahoo.com. I am interested on getting more deckhand experience and would love to work as soon as possible. Thanks, Joel Hunter

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ondeckdenny in Stayton, Oregon

75 months ago

Hello my name is Dennis and I already have my STCW-95 Basic safety, Twic, and filed my MMD papers this morning at the oregon REC. I have no experience what so ever when it comes to vessel work. I do have a very hard work ethic and am excited about my career change. I would like to stay on the west coast but am willing to travel to and from. Please if there is someone needing a ordinary seamn or wiper or steward department all entry level I would really appriciate the contact or Info you can give me to get started in the industry.

P.S. Ron Hull of floridamarinetransporters.com are full of crew not hireing at this time.

chris M shepherd texas in Kingwood, Texas

74 months ago

i have been trying to get a job as a deckhand i have no exp. but will do what it takes to learn or get a job as a deckhand if anybody can help you can contact me at cj75862@yahoo.com

Fonzi in North Charleston, South Carolina

74 months ago

i have been tryen to seek a deckhand job. No seatime experience but i have my z-card, twic, passport, stcw-95 i am eager and willing to start an learn email me at Fonzi_Kakes@yahoo.com

Jevgenij Pecenikin in Klaipeda, Lithuania

74 months ago

Hello, I looking for fishing job, becouse I have a lot of experence on crab boats and longliners, I work before in Ireland,Scotland,Faroes . I not afraid nonstop job, I do everething in the ship or in the factory... Now i be back couple months ago to lithuania from Scotland . I want to get job, I speak English, Russian,Lithuanian. You want a good worker contact me on E-mail pecenikin@inbox.ru MR :Jevgenij Pecenikin

Josh carr in Jackson, Mississippi

74 months ago

Im looking for a deckhand job I have a great work background valid driver's license no criminal record need a job no experience though but ready to learn. if anyone can my wife and kids would thank very much

Jacob Davis in Piggott, Arkansas

74 months ago

I am looking for an entry level deckhand position. I graduated Nashville Auto-Diesel College in September of 08. I would greatly appreciate a contact.

To Contact me
its_jacob@hotmail.com

Justin Gehrke in Hope, Arkansas

74 months ago

I'm looking to Finish my carrer in the inland marine buisness with a competitive company. I have worked for Kirby Inland Marine and been threw the whole deck hand school that was offered by the compay. I pulled my Hitches on the boat City Of Freeport. I would really enjoy getting back on the boat and contiue what i have started in the past. If any one has infromation that would help all will be taken into thought.
Thanks

tlawson in Atlanta, Georgia

73 months ago

I'am searching for offshore employment. I have my Z-Card, and my TWIC Cards. I'am ready, but just cannot find employment, can you help me. I have 4 girls to take care of.

Mystic3rose in Smyrna, Tennessee

72 months ago

Timmy, if you are still looking please contact me at mjoso59@yahoo.com and we'll see what we can do about fulfilling your dream to work on a tugboat.

joshua culver

72 months ago

Ron Hull III FMT Recruiting Manager in Mandeville, Louisiana said: Hello to all of you seeking employment in the inland marine industry. I work for a company called Florida Marine Transporters, and we proudly boast the newest fleet of modern tug boats in the industry. Along with such comfortable equipment the owner of the company has put together the best benefits package in the industry. We match dollar for dollar up to 11% on 401k, as well as offering full medical and dental. Florida Maarine also has made a big investment in the training of entry level deckhands all the way through the ranks of captain of a inland marine towing vessel, all at no cost to the employee. Entry level personnel start at $135 a day with full benefits. You can get an application online at floridamarinetransporters.com , Entry level applicant must:
- Produce an original birth certificate or certified copy or a social security card
Thank You,

Ron Hull III

Dear ron, i emailed u some time ago about my intrest in floridamarine im still interested and still looking. please contact me at riverrat2525@yahoo.com. thanks j. culver.

joshua culver

72 months ago

Mr hull please contact me about employment. i have a great work ethic and 3 yrs exp. i also have my twic. im ready to go. thanks riverrat2525@yahoo.com

joshua culver

72 months ago

I am 25 years old,i have worked on the river for 3 years,from deckhand to engineer trainee. Ive been out of work since feb and im ready to get back to what i love doing. I have my twic card and gear and im ready to be part of an excellent team. i have a great respect for the industry and i just want to be noticed for the hardwork and determination that i possess! if you are interested in finding out what makes me love the riverlife,then email me at riverrat2525@yahoo.com

bettyboop

72 months ago

hi,my name is betty,im a single 44 yr old woman looking for a job on the boat as a cook. i do have sum exp and im a great caregiver and im very clean and responsible. if you are looking for a cook for a tug, my email is saintmom1@aol.com

jack brock in David City, Nebraska

72 months ago

okay send me your resume bears123456u@yahoo.com

yuri walczak in Eau Claire, Wisconsin

72 months ago

scojos in Sandy, Utah said: Mark. I am in the process of buying a 80' houseboat. I need a deckhand /crew member to help me go up the Mississippi, the Ohio and the Tennessee river(s). I am retiring and want to survey out a charter business going up and down the Mississippi River. I have to make the trip myself first.Interested? Will be starting up around March 30,2009

I was wondering if you found a deckhand. I've been on the upper and lower mississippi and ohio rivers. Ive been through every Mississippi lock, and all ohio river locks up to Point Pleasant. Contact me @ yuriwalczak@yahoo.com

Derek D. in Madisonville, Kentucky

72 months ago

I have been on the river for over 13 yrs. including 8yrs. with ARTCO(left as an upper mate), and was a mate for Ingram for 4 yrs. after that. Been taking care of family for almost 2 yrs and ready to get back out and do what I do best. Been on all rivers but I'm a seasoned upper mate. Lots of overhauls, excellent painter, and cpr-first aid, firefighting training etc. Interested in all offers...I can be reached at drockswatch@att.net...relocation not a problem. Thanks.

P.S. Tons of references

Willam Morris in Morton, Illinois

72 months ago

john warren in Waynesboro, Mississippi said: HI I AM JOHN WARREN I NEED A DECKHAND JOB I HAVE A YEAR EXPERIENCE.

DEAR john warren, Im glad i seen your ad because iam inneed of you to I have 5 years experience as a dechand& assistant engineer. I think we can help each other im single i dont care how long we have to be away and im very dependable. hard worker. If you give me a oppurtunity i wont let you down. If you dont care please contact me either if i get the job or not thank you,

William Morris

Willam Morris in Morton, Illinois

72 months ago

Hope to hear from you

tondreau 2660@aol.com in Grand Bay, Alabama

72 months ago

DAVID LEE JR. in New Orleans, Louisiana said: POSITIONS AND LOCATIONS

I am 50 plus in years. I am a steady man with multiply experience. Recently a transient to the area, due to wife's family needs. Currently, employed with hard working company, but a company who do not appreciate their employees multi-talents. Sending employees out of state, with an on your and low pay. Which brought me the point of job seeking.
Not afraid of hard work. Plan to be a resident of this area for years to come. Know alot of locals who are willing to vouch for my work.
Seeking immediate employment

brandon tapp in Houston, Texas

72 months ago

looking for a good paying offshore job with no experience required. i have my twic and my z-card.

JB in Navarre, Florida

72 months ago

john warren in Waynesboro, Mississippi said: I AM JOHN WARREN I HAVE A YEAR EXPERIANCE,IN RIGGING I HAVE MY BASIC RIGGING CARD.I ALSO PASS STCW CLASS'I LOVE MY JOB AS DECKHAND.[I NEED TO WORK NOW]

Mr. Warren did you have any luck finding a deckhand job my husband has been looking for a offshore job with no luck we do not even know how to get started he has been laid off for 4 months now and he needs something can you give him any information that would direct him in the right path. Thanks for your time rbaxley34@gmail.com

Anne in Zion, Illinois

71 months ago

scojos in Sandy, Utah said: Mark. I am in the process of buying a 80' houseboat. I need a deckhand /crew member to help me go up the Mississippi, the Ohio and the Tennessee river(s). I am retiring and want to survey out a charter business going up and down the Mississippi River. I have to make the trip myself first.Interested? Will be starting up around March 30,2009

Hello- Just saw your response and curious if you had found someone. I am Ex Navy - Great cook- great customer service. email if interested. keyhoe@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Willam Morris in Flora, Illinois

71 months ago

Hi just recieved your email I am very interested in your offer. I worked on the ohio, mississppi river for almost seven years. 4 years as a deckhand and 3 years as an assitant engineer. If you need someone still email me so we can figure out how to meet or talk

Best Regards,

WILLIAM MORRIS

Jarmila Kirakovjanova in Tortola, Virgin Islands, British

71 months ago

-- -- Hi,

My name is Jarmila Kirakovjanova and I am interested in a crew position on your vessel. I have more than 1700 miles on the open ocean, as steward/stewardess, waiter/waitress, chef, deck hand, and delivery crew.

I am a make-up artist from Prague, Czech Republic (www.kirabeauty.com) and have crewed on 4 sailing/motor vessels. I am fluent in English, Czech, Slovak, Russian, and Polish. I have experience working as a hostess, chef, and waitress on a number of sailing vessels, in restaurants, and hotels.

Now in the British Virgin Islands (Tortola), I am looking for a challenging paid opportunity on a motor or sailing vessel 40' or greater to travel internationally. I am an enthusiastic, honest, friendly and responsible person who excited to learn new things, and share experiences with outgoing and adventurous people. I am available for work beginning March 30, 2009.

Please take a moment to review my resume and feel free to send me an email if you are interested in meeting or have any questions.
keep smiling and the world will love you

JRoss in Ingleside, Texas

71 months ago

Hi are you still needing a deckhand?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

thoots in quincy, Illinois

71 months ago

Hello my name is Travis,I'm looking to make a change from my current company. I have 10yrs of experience on the IL river and equal time on the Chicago rivers. Of those 10yrs I've spent @8yrs as a leadman, since October of 2007 I have held and currently hold a USCG lisc for Steersman of western rivers including Chicago rivers..however unfortunately I was never inducted into my company's steersman program but have been allowed to handle the boats from time to time. I have service letter stating I have enough seatime to get my upgrade to Pilot/Mate lisc i just need the training and a signature from a designated examinor on my T.O.A.R. then I can stand my own watch with Capt on opposite watch. On a more personal note: Im 31yrs old,father of a 3yr girl...Im a very hard worker & a quick study, I am known to work alot of OT depending on schedule. I feel confident in saying I believe I can work circles around most companies leadmen and/or mates!! Been doing it for yrs in the harbors lol. However what Im really interested in being in the wheelhouse,I wouldnt hesitate to bring my skills to the deck for a brief momment if thats what is required for me to make that next step into the "BOX". I would appreicate any and all help..thank you. I can be contacted at thoots1977@gmail.com. thanks again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sameer9 in Jaipur, India

71 months ago

While I recommend that you blog about your passion, whatever your blog’s purpose and goals are, there are times when the well of blog ideas dry up. While I’ve written much about how to find sources for your blog posts, I thought I’d give you some different kinds of inspiration to help you find something to blog about. It’s up to you on how you choose to incorporate these blogging ideas into your blog.
=========================
mike
====================
[url=www.findfinancejob.com]find finance jobs[/url]

Ben Russell in Tallahassee, Florida

71 months ago

Hello. I am looking for any offshore deck employment anywhere I can travel to any state just need to know where to go. I have worked on the missippi for a couple years on tugs and also have my mmd and twic. any info would be greatly appreciated. Get me on with your company and we can talk about a finders fee.

Thank you everyone and remember this time there's something in it for you.

harboursmastah@yahoo.com

FREDDIE BOSCH in DESPATCH, South Africa

71 months ago

FREDDIE BOSCH, HI , I AM LOOKING FOR ANY VACANCY DUE TO AFFIRMITIVE ACTION THERE IS NO WORK FOR US IN SOUTH AFRICA I WOULD LIKE TO WORK ON ANY OIL AND GAS PIPELINE MAINTANANCE JOBS OR IN IRAQ,ANGOLA, AFGNISTAN ETC
fjcbosch@telkomsa.net

i need work urgent or i will loose my house,please help'

I am a very practical person and will find a solution for every problem. I believe the time has come to expose myself to a different environment and see how I can apply what I have learnt, in that environment.
I can work as part of a team, I can work on my own ,I do not mind to be away from home for long periods of time [4/5 months at a time.] I can be on call,work shifts as you want.
I Do have a valid Passport that is valid till 2011.I WILL WORK ANYWHERE
IN THE WORLD.
I DO HAVE BASIC MILITARY 1970/1978 TRAINING AND HAVE A CODE 14 HEAVY DUTY ARMY LICENCE I DID DO BORDER 3 MONTHS CAMPS IN THE SOUTH AFRICAN ARMY.I DO HAVE EXPERIECE IN CONVOY SECURITY DRIVING.R1 AUTOMATIC R1 RIFLE

I will also do the following,FOREMAN,SUPERVISOR, ,TEAM LEADER, OIL PIPELINE LINE WALKER, OIL RIG MAINTANANCE ROUSTABOUT,DRIVER,ETC, PIPELINE HANDYMAN.SECURIY.ROUGHNECK. Pipeline Apprentice, Scaffolders ETC.
I WILL DO ANY WORK IN YOUR COMPANY ,SIR,ONSHORE OR OFFSHORE
ANGOLA, IRAQ,AFRICA,CAMEROON, ETC.
BAS,Maintanance and repair, Vehicle REPAIR @MAINTENNANCE teams/bodyguards, asset protection, secure commodity escort, travel and escort security, residential and premises security, aviation security, maritime security, oil and gas industry security, surveillance and counter surveillance janitor etc.i will do any job sir.
SKILLS
Skills and Experience,Retired Production Foreman lot of people skills, skills in repair and maintenance,Housekeeping Safety First Aid ,pets, gardening, ground maintenance . Experience: construction, repair, physical securiy staff management
,vehicle maintenance pool maintenance house keeping , First Aid

f

TONY CARUANA in Chesapeake, Virginia

70 months ago

has anyone gotten a job from this site? I'm looking for a entry level deckhand/ordinary seaman position.I HAVE Z-CARD and TWIC.
CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN STCW-95 AND LOOK-OUT CLASSES. Any leads
would be greatly appreciated
TONY at ----- pacaruana@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

riverrat2525

70 months ago

i havent got 1 positive thing come from posting comments on this site. i have applications in at every boat company around and it doesnt seem to be working for me. i guess ill try a land job if theres any of those anywhere. ive been on the river for 3 yrs as a lead man and assistant engineer and i cant even find anythng. good luck bud!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

TONY CARUANA in Chesapeake, Virginia

70 months ago

river rat2525 thanks for your input. I guess I was A little unrealistic about how easy it would be to get a foot in the door.
thanks again tony

Michael in Osage Beach, Missouri

69 months ago

DAVID LEE JR. in New Orleans, Louisiana said: POSITIONS AND LOCATIONS

I am looking for a deckhand position on tugs you can email me at boatcaptian1@live.com

larry scott in Owensboro, Kentucky

69 months ago

hi my name is larry scott . I need a job because ive ben laid off 4 different jobs so if yall can help please let me kno thank you.

EnglishGuy in Kingston, Utah

69 months ago

Look, nobody cares that you guys are ex-navy or military. A navy ship carries a crew of 200 that a merchant ship would only have a crew of 20.

Anyways, if you don't have your docs and everything in order, you can't find a job anyways.

Entry level people are a dime a dozen.

Take a look at the Union. They have some entry level jobs, but it can take a while to find a job (can you hang out at the union hall M-F, 9-3 for 60-120 days?).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

EnglishGuy in Kingston, Utah

69 months ago

riverrat2525 said: i havent got 1 positive thing come from posting comments on this site. i have applications in at every boat company around and it doesnt seem to be working for me. i guess ill try a land job if theres any of those anywhere. ive been on the river for 3 yrs as a lead man and assistant engineer and i cant even find anythng. good luck bud!

This is a good post. It's very slow right now. Even people that have been in the industry for years aren't finding work.

Robert Shane Ford in Vicksburg, Mississippi

69 months ago

Thank You,

Ron Hull III

Am interested and meet all above requirements. Will go to your website and print out application. Can be reached at e-mail address robertshaneford@yahoo.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jared Miller in Plattsburgh, New York

69 months ago

I am looking for work on a purse seiner as a deckhand, i have worked on ferry boats before for almost 2 years on lake champlain,
and worked outside construction year round for 3 years after that, i am no stranger to hard work in bad conditions

contact me at Fearlessmoto@Yahoo.com i will send resume or application, can start within a couple weeks unless the pay is really good in which case i can start immediately!

I have a family, and bills dont pay themselves, so i am REALLY motivated.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.