DECKHANDS

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 229)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

FREDDIE BOSCH in DESPATCH, South Africa

62 months ago

GOOD DAY ,MY NAME IS FREDDIE BOSCH, I RESIDE IN DESPATCH ,SOUTH AFRICA I AM LOOKING FOR A VACANCY IN THE OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY AS A PIPELINE WALKER MAINTANANCE JOB ETC, I WOULD LIKE TO DO MAINTANANCE ON ONSHORE PIPELINE JOBS. I DO NOT MIND TO RELOCATE I WOULD LIKE TO WORK IN ALASKA, USA,ANGOLA,IRAQ,KUWAIT,AFGANISTAN, ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD I WILL ALSO WORK IN THE SECURITY FIELD IN THE ABOVE PLACES I DO HAVE A POLICE CLEARANCE CERTEFICATE AND I AM AVAILABLE IMMEDIATLY KONTACK DETAILS E MAIL fjcbosch@telkomsa.net. IF SOMEONE HAVE ANY CONTACKS PLEASE FORWARD IT TO ME TO FIND WORK
KIND REGARDS
FREDDIE BOSCH
I DO HAVE SKYPE. AND I MUST FIND WORK URGENTLY. GOD BLESS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

galan david in Houston, Texas

62 months ago

Seeking Inland job in houston !!!! no experience as deackhand but willing to learn and can follow simple instructions.no DWI us citizen texas driver liceance and speak english @ spanish and am 44 years old.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Charles Smith in La Fayette, Georgia

62 months ago

Hi: I have my merchant mariners document and my twics card but the firm I hoped to get on with has filled its quota for now I am unemployed since 01/23/09 and going to school but really need to go to work.I live 15 mi. south of Chattanooga Tn. Have 4 machine tool diplomas plus general mechanic experience. Looking to train to become an engineer or mate and am willing to learn the tankerman as well. These are the only jobs that I know about Definitely will go to deckhand school and others as applicable. Renascence man by nature. Ex Paratrooper First responder for 2 plants that I worked in was nationally registered once. Please advise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

rusty2guns in Huntington Beach, California

62 months ago

hi im looking for an ordinary seamen job just a deckhand job does anyone know wher i would be able too find one?? rusty2guns@yahoo.com thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gpsaledakis@tampabay.rr.com in Homosassa, Florida

62 months ago

i am greg in homosassa florida 34448 my email is gpsaledakis@tampabay.rr.com im 38 years old i want a career job as a deck hand trainee i need a way or a list of hoo is hiring im unemployed and need a career job reel bad please help me and i have my TWIC card and i am healthy and willing to be trained to and want to work in the gulf of mexico want to work 30 days on and 15 days off and a company that will to pay my way home and back to tugboat or ship need full time employment year round.

Charles Smith in La Fayette, Georgia

62 months ago

Well said!!! Unfortunately this trade is one of the most political, shut mouthed, and tight knit in existence. My brother just made engineer on a tug on the intercoastal and I am almost 2 years out trying to get on. They are critically short of experienced hands, mates, certified engineers and bridge or tower people. Usually a captain will only take one or two newbies at the most on board depending upon the size of the crew. The nature of the job dictates this for safety reasons. There is a percentage of derelicts on board but they are difficult to put off of a vessel. The experience is so valued that companies will hire someone if they have experience over a inexperienced hand even when the experienced worker has caused problems or been in trouble on shore. Politics plays an immense role here. If the right person likes you or one of your relatives has pull you will work even without a union.To a point. It takes a long time to get there but total screw ups, lazy workers or trouble makers do eventually get put out.

james fikes in Birmingham, Alabama

62 months ago

hello. am james and i started of as a helper in drummond coal co,then went toward the tugs in bimingport al,then i started to really learn responcability, then did some welding for j/w apply. bulding rigging parts for inlant and offshore,now i want on the boat, am leaving in b-ham, fikesafloat@yahoo.com

Calvin Eich in Hamilton, Ohio

62 months ago

Ron Hull III FMT Recruiting Manager in Mandeville, Louisiana said: You never have to pay for training at floridamarinetransporters.com
we are leading the industry with our safety record!!! We train all entry level deckhands for 14 days and pay you 85 dollars a day.

I am interested in a deck hand job. I am 19 and work on my parents farm. I have experiance in operating heavy equipment such as any forms of tractors and farm empliments to backhoes and bulldosers. With the proper training I will be a very good addition to any ones team. My e-mail is chris02@fuse.net and would like an chance to work in the field. I have transportation to be where you need me to be. Thank you for your time.

Calvin Eich

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

R Gore in Magnolia, Texas

62 months ago

Dear Sirs:

My name is Richard Gore. I am a 42 year old married father of 3 kids. I have an Associate’s Degree. I also have my TWIC and Merchant Marine cards. I am looking for employment as a Deckhand, Wiper, Oiler, or Ordinary Seaman. I do not have any experience but I am a hard worker and very dependable. If you have any openings please contact me. I just need a chance to prove myself. sgore6@comcast.net

Thank you

Richard Gore

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

brandon in Houston, Texas

62 months ago

Ron Hull III FMT Recruiting Manager in Mandeville, Louisiana said: You never have to pay for training at floridamarinetransporters.com
we are leading the industry with our safety record!!! We train all entry level deckhands for 14 days and pay you 85 dollars a day.

i live in houston and i'm trying to get off shore i have my z-card and twic card (504)three seven seven 9four zero1 brandon

Charles Smith in Rock Spring, Georgia

62 months ago

Ron Hull replied that we do not have to pay for deckhand school. I replied via the company site and later to Rons email and included my resume 2 weeks ago. So far no reply. Either Florida Transport is not hiring or we are rejected. Of course maritime folks take their own sweet time about getting around to things.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rachel Brenchley in London, United Kingdom

61 months ago

Please check this out for latest career opportunities in Marine Construction : www.moffattnichol.co.uk/index.php

MR RICHARD ESHUN in Accra, Ghana

60 months ago

My name is RICHARD ESHUN and im looking for Deckhand Jobs i have a certificate stating that i completed MARITIME UNIVERSITY I also have certification in and Awareness Level Hazardous Material Training. I now live in a rural area were jopbs are limited. Im trying to find something where i could work ANY TIME THEI IS JOD boat, and come home the remaining time or however you all do things im willing to do. Im also willing to travel. Im ready to work whenever you need someone, if im considered for the job www.toomuch99993@yahoo.com

garymnichols in San Diego, California

59 months ago

Hello,I am seeking deckhand work any where and can leave asap i had to return home from louisiana where i was a deckhand also cook offshore and on the river my company went bankrupt so again i have been seeking work and going thru head hunters with no luck i have my mmd,twic ,stcw,and passport and am willing to start at the bottom again,I am looking for a liveaboard position 28 on 14 off or any schedule really.Any help i could use.Thank you.Garynichol@gmail.com

Mike Cornell in Brooksville, Florida

59 months ago

Looking for Deckhand work for 2 , we have no experence but are hard working and are willing to travel anywhere need asap e-mail me at mcornell5567@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

travisawalker@yahoo.com in Kings Mountain, North Carolina

59 months ago

Looking for a deckhand job. I have my MMC, TWIC, STCW95 and Passport.I have no boat experience, but been in the construction field all my working life. I am 46 years old and I am healthy.

JJAvegno in Indianola, Mississippi

58 months ago

I am seeking work as a deckhand to work anywhere in the gulf of mexico. I have no experience as a deckhand but my work ethic more than makes up for my lack of experience. To any employer willing to take a chance on me I gve my word to work like no other, be diligent in my duties and show utmost loyalty to thier company. My Contact info is JJAvegno@gmail.com
Thank you

Jimmy Wilson in Houston, Texas

58 months ago

Here is a blog that has direct leads to get boat jobs. All these leads are in the Gulf of mexico. visit texas411.wordpress.com

Damien Moss in Slidell, Louisiana

58 months ago

Hey my names Damien Moss im 22 and hard working. Im trying to find an entry level deckhand job. I've been searching around three years but with no avail if anyone knows of any please contact me at damien-moss@hotmail.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Poseidon1 in Reading, Massachusetts

58 months ago

I am currently a member of the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary as well as an avid scuba diver who is attempting to earn my captain's license as well as my scuba instructor rating. I am currently positioned behind a desk in an office and had realized long ago that this is not what I was meant to do. I have recently begun a part time job as a deck hand with a local company out of Boston, Massachusetts which runs charters through the inner and outer Harbor. This will in turn provide me the opportunity to gain the experience and the hours needed to earn my License. I have been considering moving south to a warmer climate for some time now. I am someone who is looking for a career change for life. Not looking for a summer or part time job.

michael raucci in West Palm Beach, Florida

58 months ago

Bonck Marine in Marietta, Georgia said: I can solve all yall problems. 100 ton captains make $280 to $360 a day. Deckhands make $100 to $150 a day. To be a deckhand you dont have to be exp. just be willing to learn and follow simple instructions. if any of you want to work in the gulf of mexico as a deckhand visit our site, www.bonckmarine.com we can have you working within 72 hours.
please let me know if this post is still active thanks really need to work, family is getting hungry

michael raucci in West Palm Beach, Florida

58 months ago

to anyone that needs a deck hand. i have worked for 17 years in new york, new jersey and now i am out of work, i really need to work as my wife and child are starting to go hungry, i do not want gov help, i want a job . if you need me please let me know thank you for any help you can give me.

Excell Marine- in Alto, Michigan

58 months ago

Excell Marine will be hiring in February 2010. Experienced deckhand-cooks-engineers and Captains..www.excellmarine.com

bpm in Rome, Georgia

57 months ago

Hello Ron I know that this is an old response but was wondering if you can actually lead me in the right direction for a job.I know that you know what your talking about and I know that you do work for FMT.(picture there)

jacob in Saco, Maine

57 months ago

I am new mariner,I am looking for a deckhand job, I am STCW cert. also I have my TWIC and MMD cards ready to work hard and begin my new career out to sea. There is nothing I wouldn't do given the chance I will prove to be a great asset to the company. PLease contact me if there is anything available

thank you,
Jacob

Email: rickytann84@hotmail.com

rickytann in Augusta, Maine

57 months ago

Ron Hull III FMT Recruiting Manager in Mandeville, Louisiana said: Hello to all of you seeking employment in the inland marine industry. I work for a company called Florida Marine Transporters, and we proudly boast the newest fleet of modern tug boats in the industry. Along with such comfortable equipment the owner of the company has put together the best benefits package in the industry. We match dollar for dollar up to 11% on 401k, as well as offering full medical and dental. Florida Maarine also has made a big investment in the training of entry level deckhands all the way through the ranks of captain of a inland marine towing vessel, all at no cost to the employee. Entry level personnel start at $135 a day with full benefits. You can get an application online at floridamarinetransporters.com , Entry level applicant must:
- Be at least 18 years of age w/ high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Possess a valid US driver's license
- Produce an original birth certificate or certified copy or a social security card
- Be a U.S. citizen or possess a valid resident card
- Be able to read and comprehend the English language
- Not have a DWI/DUI in the past three years
- Pass a drug and alcohol screen
Thank You,

Ron Hull III

Hi my name is jacob parker, i meet all your requirments and I would love a chance to interview for this postion for a deckhand job. please email me back if we can make this happen thank you

charles in Painesville, Ohio

57 months ago

I have been working boats for many years starting as a a deckhand to first mate on to 2nd engineer. Love the work and am ready to get back into some good hard fullfilling labor. Yankee from Ohio (sorry) I am a Texas boy!

Blackat in Houston, Texas

56 months ago

debra stjernberg said: looking for cooks job and wont stop till i find one. u can e me at don2wats@aol.com. cna cert.

aclines.com

Blackat in Houston, Texas

56 months ago

BJFisher81 in De Witt, Iowa said: Just wondering what would a deckhand do in the winter months? If you are a deckhand do u travel.

They do the same thing year round make and break tow. Make Locks,
paint chip etc... The only thing that changes is the weather.Travel depends on your proximity to the boat you may fly or drive. it can and will vary. Good Luck

Jordan Crabtree in Minford, Ohio

56 months ago

Hi my name is Jordan Crabtree i am 18 years old an in very good physical shape and take orders well. i have no experience being a deckhand but i would love to learn and possibly make a career upon doing such. I Dearley need go get away from this town of which i live. I am willing to relocate to where a job may be. my e-mail is jordancrabtree20@yahoo.com Please contacxt me if anyone has any information that would help.

amyalyce1 in Rosedale, Mississippi

56 months ago

If you are interested in applying for a deckhand position with JANTRAN, INC. in Rosedale, MS, please email your resume to amy@jantran.com.

REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
*Valid Drivers License or State issued photo ID Card
*Social Security Card or Birth Certificate
*TWIC Card (if you do not have your TWIC card, you will need to apply for one after your interview)
*You must have your Drivers License and Social Security Card with you at the time of the interview.
*You must be 18 years of age or older

Deckhands work a 28-days on and 14 days off schedule each hitch, or until the office sends you a relief.
The company will provide transportation to and from the boat in Rosedale, MS.
The company will NOT reimburse applicants for travel expenses incurred while traveling to and from Rosedale, MS for job interviews or employment processing.
We work year round. The boats do not stop for any holiday.

BENEFITS PACKAGE
Competitive Pay with annual increases
Advancement Opportunities
Health Insurance
Life Insurance
Dental Insurance
Long - Term Disability
401(k) Retirement Plan
Safety Incentive Bonus
Longevity Incentive Bonus

NOTICE
Before inquring about any position with JANTRAN, Inc. you must understand that you will be REQUIRED to complete a physical and drug screen. If you have participated in any illegal drug use in the past 30 days, DO NOT contact JANTRAN, Inc.
If you are given a physical and drug screen and do not pass the screening, you will be responsible for the entire cost of drug screen and physical.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

david morrow in Clermont, Florida

56 months ago

Ron Hull III FMT Recruiting Manager in Mandeville, Louisiana said: Hello to all of you seeking employment in the inland marine industry. I work for a company called Florida Marine Transporters, and we proudly boast the newest fleet of modern tug boats in the industry. Along with such comfortable equipment the owner of the company has put together the best benefits package in the industry. We match dollar for dollar up to 11% on 401k, as well as offering full medical and dental. Florida Maarine also has made a big investment in the training of entry level deckhands all the way through the ranks of captain of a inland marine towing vessel, all at no cost to the employee. Entry level personnel start at $135 a day with full benefits. You can get an application online at floridamarinetransporters.com , Entry level applicant must:
- Produce an original birth certificate or certified copy or a social security card
Thank You,

Ron Hull III

My name is David I am interested in applying for a job as a deckhand for your company.Iam hard working,very strong,energetic individual,and ready to get to work!I can pass all critera listed above! . thank you David Morrow

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

david morrow in Clermont, Florida

56 months ago

I cannot seem to find the online application for employment.Can you send me whats needed to apply?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

charles gibson in Painesville, Ohio

56 months ago

Looking for deckhand work. Experienced 2nd mate. worked upper and lower mississippi from Laplance, LA to the twin cities MN. Upper locks closed for now will relocate.Assisted with engineer as well. Associates-auto and diesel mechanics.

merrden in La Fayette, Georgia

56 months ago

I called Ron and sent a resume without reply last year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

PISSED OFF!! in Enterprise, Alabama

55 months ago

I hope everybody remembers this point in time.Crewboat or tugs not hiring or wanting more credentials than a twic or D.L. The companies have the upper hand and will take experience only right now.But when the oilfield picks up and companies need anybody that's when we can play our game. We can make our price,then if we don't like that company, go to another.It's called " chasing the money." Hang them high and dry like they did us!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Robert Fitch in Dothan, Alabama

55 months ago

TONY CARUANA in Chesapeake, Virginia said: has anyone gotten a job from this site? I'm looking for a entry level deckhand/ordinary seaman position.I HAVE Z-CARD and TWIC.
CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN STCW-95 AND LOOK-OUT CLASSES. Any leads
would be greatly appreciated
TONY at ----- pacaruana@gmail.com

Not yet!!

Phill in Richmond, Virginia

55 months ago

I have ten years experience in the U.S. Navy, 5 of those in the deck department. I have all my papers including TWIC I grew up in NYC and loved sailing on the tugboats in the summer I volunteered and did it for FREE, thats how much I loved the work. I am hard working, understand and know tug life fluently, I just ask for an opportunity to live my dream and be an asset to any company from Moran to VanesBros and all in between. I have never been paid to work on tugs but know more than enough people that can attest to what I know about this industry.

Any company or training facility please consider
email py2486@hotmail.com thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

merrden in La Fayette, Georgia

55 months ago

Who do you know that is working for any of those companies? Do they have any pull? That is absolutely the only way you will get a job. I am over 2 years out, unemployed for over a year, and have yet to get an interview or even be contacted after an inquiry.I am squeaky clean and still healthy and a hard worker. That is not what they want. They want good ol boys most especially underlings that are not as skilled or better educated than themselves.Do not listen to Ron Hull. He post regularly for applicants but does not return emails nor does his company even when filed on their site. Been there done that. Good Luck Friend we all need a lot of it right now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Prof. Gringo in Mexico, Mexico

55 months ago

Any open jobs right now are asking for a minimum of 2 years exp. as a deckhand. You really need an AB ticket to even have a chance at all.

If you want an entry-level job in transportation take a look at becoming a class A CDL driver going OTR (Over The Road) for a trucking company. Some outfits are hiring and you can get WIA state funding to pay for truck driver school. Also community colleges often offer affordable CDL training in 4-6 week programs.

Prof. Gringo in Mexico, Mexico

55 months ago

Also, working on the inland rivers is a dangerous job. Deckhands get seriously injured and killed all the time on-board pushboats and barges.

So do the math, guys: $100 a day for a 12 hour workday. No OT. No holiday pay. Often you're be asked to work over (oh, your kid is turning 5 in 2 days, so sorry! Your wife is due to give birth next week? Too bad! Your brother is getting married on Saturday? That's just too bad!)and the HR folks could care less.

Maritime is real slow right now and the companies have dropped their pay-rates and slashed benefits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

charles gibson in Willoughby, Ohio

55 months ago

Got a message from forum. I am a seasoned deckhand-2nd mate-1200 hrs on sticks which I know it aint much but I know the locks and how to wire and break! Have a good six hrs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

David Staley in Rockport, Texas

54 months ago

My name is David, I am looking for a deckhand job or a job as a Pilot on a tugboat in the Kentucky,Tennessee, Metropolis IL areas. I currently have 4 years of experince as a deckhand and about a year as a pilot.I do have a mate pilot license, fcc, radar, twic, ordinary seaman, ect. Please if u know of any companies that is hiring please let me know @ davy082078@aol.com. thank u

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

David Staley in Rockport, Texas

54 months ago

Prof. Gringo in Mexico, Mexico said: Also, working on the inland rivers is a dangerous job. Deckhands get seriously injured and killed all the time on-board pushboats and barges.

So do the math, guys: $100 a day for a 12 hour workday. No OT. No holiday pay. Often you're be asked to work over (oh, your kid is turning 5 in 2 days, so sorry! Your wife is due to give birth next week? Too bad! Your brother is getting married on Saturday? That's just too bad!)and the HR folks could care less.

Maritime is real slow right now and the companies have dropped their pay-rates and slashed benefits.

must work for brown water marine in rockport texas, sounds just like them

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Kevinfranks in Memphis, Tennessee

54 months ago

to whom this may concern my name is Kevin Franks and I've been intrestead in working for a barge company for a while, and in the recent years I've had no luck, I have a family that would really appericate the benefits that your company has to offer.
I'm loyoal and I don't have a problem with being away from my family for long periods of time, so please consider me for the position. thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

grv00711 in narragansett, Rhode Island

54 months ago

Thank You,

Ron Hull III

interested in application please contact me at grv00711@gmail.com thankyou

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Prof.Gringo in Mexico, Mexico

54 months ago

David Staley in Rockport, Texas said: must work for brown water marine in rockport texas, sounds just like them

Never heard of them jack. I was posting about the average offshore job for a new hand without any docs or exp. In the current economy, if a greenhorn can even find a berth he's looking at a 100 bucks a day to start. Do the math. 12 hour workdays (can easily and illegally go 14)for 28 day hitches with no OT.

And it's real nice when you crew change late in the day and gotta be back a day early for crew change. So you're lucky to even get 12 days off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Prof.Gringo in Mexico, Mexico

54 months ago

PISSED OFF!! in Enterprise, Alabama said: I hope everybody remembers this point in time.Crewboat or tugs not hiring or wanting more credentials than a twic or D.L. The companies have the upper hand and will take experience only right now.But when the oilfield picks up and companies need anybody that's when we can play our game. We can make our price,then if we don't like that company, go to another.It's called " chasing the money." Hang them high and dry like they did us!

All good points. Many folks are angry right now. But I bet the folks working in the offices and HR all have jobs and comfy salaries. But there are tons of mariners out of work. Even captains and chief mates can't find spots.

Work will pick up again, even in the offshore oil industry. But it's going to be a while. Maybe a few more years. Of course many folks will move on to other fields of work by then, and when the boom starts again there will be a shortage of workers and higher pay just like there was after hurricane Katrina. But first we gotta wait out the current economic storm anyway possible.

So lot's of folks are working something besides maritime to make ends meet.

It always helps to have a few different skills to fall-back on. And now's a good time to go back to school if you can swing it...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

charles gibson in Mentor, Ohio

54 months ago

read your comments.. Agreed!!!

charles gibson in Mentor, Ohio

54 months ago

here..here

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.