DECKHANDS

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 229)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Prof.Gringo in Mexico, Mexico

57 months ago

Only US citizens and green card holders (very limited openings) can ever work on-board US flagged ships and vessels.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lilluv0421 in Lafayette, Louisiana

57 months ago

I would like to find an entry level deckhand position in the Lafayette or Baton Rouge. I currently have no experience in this field as I have been a restaurant manager for 20 years. I am ready for a new career where I can get the proper training and advance myself. If anyone can steer me in the right direction as to where I can train or whatever else I have to do to get employed I would appreciate it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

artclymer in pipe creek, Texas

56 months ago

looking for a pushboat cooking job anywhere on the river, recently all cooks were laid off at my last company (grifco) will work just about anywhere

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Rosedale, Mississippi

56 months ago

Why do you call it the Infamous Jantran?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

khw in Livingston, Texas

56 months ago

Justin Gehrke in Hope, Arkansas said: I'm looking to Finish my carrer in the inland marine buisness with a competitive company. I have worked for Kirby Inland Marine and been threw the whole deck hand school that was offered by the compay. I pulled my Hitches on the boat City Of Freeport. I would really enjoy getting back on the boat and contiue what i have started in the past. If any one has infromation that would help all will be taken into thought.
Thanks

will kirby hirte you if you have a felony background???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Robert in Enterprise, Alabama

56 months ago

khw in Livingston, Texas said: will kirby hirte you if you have a felony background???

No

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Prof.Gringo in Mexico, Mexico

55 months ago

khw in Livingston, Texas said: will kirby hirte you if you have a felony background???

Nope. Also helps to use proper English when checking out jobs. If I see a resume that wasn't even spell checked, it gets trashed. If you can't take 5 minutes to check your work, I don't need you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

BRIAN in New Caney, Texas

55 months ago

Hi are you still needing a deckhand?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Josh in Ponchatoula, Louisiana

55 months ago

I have been decking for about 5 years now and am currently employed. Although I completed the course work to become a captain, I can not find a job to get my time as a steersman. If anyone knows any companies hiring for steersmen work, I would appreciate the tip greatly. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

AgentM in Point Pleasant, West Virginia

55 months ago

Willing to work hard for you as a Deckhand currently live in Point Pleasant, WV. Willing to work for free as a trainee! Willing to take any random drug test. I am an honest hard working man if given the opportunity. Looking for a job on the Ohio river. If anyone has anything available please reply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bbab04 in Poplarville, Mississippi

54 months ago

Ron Hull III FMT Recruiting Manager in Mandeville, Louisiana said: Hello to all of you seeking employment in the inland marine industry. I work for a company called Florida Marine Transporters, and we proudly boast the newest fleet of modern tug boats in the industry. Along with such comfortable equipment the owner of the company has put together the best benefits package in the industry. We match dollar for dollar up to 11% on 401k, as well as offering full medical and dental. Florida Maarine also has made a big investment in the training of entry level deckhands all the way through the ranks of captain of a inland marine towing vessel, all at no cost to the employee. Entry level personnel start at $135 a day with full benefits. You can get an application online at floridamarinetransporters.com , Entry level applicant must:
- Be at least 18 years of age w/ high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Possess a valid US driver's license
- Produce an original birth certificate or certified copy or a social security card
- Be a U.S. citizen or possess a valid resident card
- Be able to read and comprehend the English language
- Not have a DWI/DUI in the past three years
- Pass a drug and alcohol screen
Thank You,

Ron Hull III

Hey Mr. Ron,

Hello! My name is Brandon Morris. I worked for yall almost two years ago. I was wondering if there is anything I can do to prove myself worthy enough to get a second chance to do right by you and everyone else I quit on at FMT. You can email me back at bbab04@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Alex in Maitland, Florida

54 months ago

Hey Bubba Gump, why even mess with Ron Hull from FMT...there's plenty of other employers out there that need people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

helmi in Singapore, Singapore

53 months ago

hi! there basically, i don't any experience on deckhand, but what i had through out my whole life is the heart n brain that can captured the procedures of work easily n on top of it i'm willing to work hard to give my best for the company n myself too. last but not least the most important thing to me is that i can gain knowledge n experience so that i can relished!! thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sean Connor in Oceanside, California

53 months ago

I am a former Marine looking for work as a Deckhand or Cook. I have seven months at sea on my record and was discharged honorably from active duty. I am very physically and mentally fit. If you would like to know more about my qualifications please email me. seanith5583@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Paul Clevenger in Pascagoula, Mississippi

49 months ago

i am looking for a deckhand position i have my twic card i have experience on supply and crew boats use to have z card stcw and all that but has expired looking to get back out there or on a river boat you can contatc me at two two eight-three six nine-zero two zero two any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Capt Smart Brown in San Antonio, Texas

49 months ago

Yes am Captain Smart Brown .if u are intrested send u CV to my email address:smartbrown@sify.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Irvin Bang in Lafayette, Louisiana

48 months ago

My name is Irvin Bang, I am 30 years old, in very good health. I have never smoked, drank, or done any kinda drugs. I have been around and on boats all my life even as a kid. I have my TWIC card. I Have been working on Tugs Western Rivers, Inland, Near Coastal. I have worked on many different Tonnage Vessels Ranging from the smallest at 46 Ton to the largest at 198 Ton. I have went to school once before for my 100 Ton and passed but never finished the paper work for the Coast Guard. Im scheduled in about 4 months to go and take the apprentice mate steersman class at Young's Memorial. I have more than enough sea time to get my 200 Ton Masters and my Towing Endorsement. I just have to put the time into school and money at these times are short. Please if you have any question feel free to contact me at the number or email below. I will look forward to being able to hear something from you soon! Have a happy Holidays!

Irvin A. Bang JR.
Irvinbang@yahoo.com
three,three, seven, two, four, zero, three, zero, one, nine

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

popeye in Coraopolis, Pennsylvania

47 months ago

EX-BRITISH MILITARY COOK.
US CITIZEN(VALID PASSPORT)
I CAN ACCOMODATE APPROXIMATELY 120 (ALONE) THREE
MEALS A DAY
I SPEAK OTHER LANGUAGES(CONVERSATIONAL)
PRESENTLY RESIDES ON EAST COAST (PENNSYLVANIA)

Todd woods in Crossett, Arkansas

47 months ago

Ron Hull III FMT Recruiting Manager in Mandeville, Louisiana said: You never have to pay for training at floridamarinetransporters.com
we are leading the industry with our safety record!!! We train all entry level deckhands for 14 days and pay you 85 dollars a day.

My name is todd woods Im lookig for a deckhand job on the boat

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Todd woods in Crossett, Arkansas

47 months ago

My name is todd woods and Im looking for a deckhand job on the river if you have any openings please contact me through my email

James Jackson in Livingston, Texas

47 months ago

My name is James Jackson, Ive been trying to get a deckhand job for 2 years but it seems like most companies like people to have experience so ive had no luck. Im a hard worker and self motivated. I have a son who is 3 and am wanting to provide a good comfortable life for him. If anyone would like to give me a shot please email me. jjackson0425@gmail.com Thank you

jamesclark in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida

47 months ago

I am seeking full-time employment as an entry level os or deckhand.Please e-mail any feedback to jamesclark1160@yahoo.com!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

New Dimension Home Evaluation Agency

46 months ago

New Dimension Home Evaluation Agency is a well established Evaluating Firm, Our company is solely responsible for hiring survey agents and recommend them to out Clients. Now our clients are mostly companies that have a wide network of businesses across America, most of our clients have a retail outlet in major cities across America. What a Survey Agent's Job entails is to go to any of these stores and conduct a survey there, you will be patronizing their business and conducting a survey at the same time which mostly is in regards to the customer relationship their staffs offer.

A swift acknowledgment of the receipt of this email will be appreciated.Kind send us an email for the details through this email on .... newdimensionhomeevaluation@softhome.net

New Dimension Home Evaluation Agency

46 months ago

Work from home and get paid

New Dimension Home Evaluation Agency is a well established Evaluating Firm, Our company is solely responsible for hiring survey agents and recommend them to out Clients. Now our clients are mostly companies that have a wide network of businesses across America, most of our clients have a retail outlet in major cities across America. What a Survey Agent's Job entails is to go to any of these stores and conduct a survey there, you will be patronizing their business and conducting a survey at the same time which mostly is in regards to the customer relationship their staffs offer.

A swift acknowledgment of the receipt of this email will be appreciated.Kind send us an email for the details through this email on .... newdimensionhomeevaluation@softhome.net

We will like to be of great help to you in any country you are from and we are looking for Candidate from Europe,North America and South America as well

Human Resources Manager
New Dimension Home Evaluation Agency.
www.newdimensionhome.com
newdimensionhomeevaluation@softhome.net
John L King

phyllip in Aynor, South Carolina

46 months ago

Bonck Marine in Marietta, Georgia said: I can solve all yall problems. 100 ton captains make $280 to $360 a day. Deckhands make $100 to $150 a day. To be a deckhand you dont have to be exp. just be willing to learn and follow simple instructions. if any of you want to work in the gulf of mexico as a deckhand visit our site, www.bonckmarine.com we can have you working within 72 hours.

i wood love to if i could get a phone num. or a phone call at 843-am moveing to ashland ky. please help my name is 457 phyllip young.4807 my num is in there please help me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jesse in New Orleans, Louisiana

46 months ago

This site might help all in need of employment www.workonboats.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jesse in New Orleans, Louisiana

46 months ago

wow, you call that site a scam? For 1 they don't promise you a job. Its all over the website. lol..They don't even sell anything on their website for $50.00, lol.. I know this site is legit because my brother-n-law just got a job by calling the companies they provided him with.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No Reply - Report abuse

popeye in Coraopolis, Pennsylvania

46 months ago

jim in Virginia Beach, Virginia said: They seem like a great company to work for I just didn't make the cut last year and decided not to fly there again this year for another interview.

do they hire experieced cooks.?
I am in Pittsburgh Pa.
Ex-Military.
Speak other languages (conversational).
Can you recommend any companies to me.
Thanks in advance.

tuggin502

45 months ago

Inland Marine (not kirby inland marine) is crewing up 6 boats. Might have some luck with them for deckhand positions. There not a bad company to work for. Google them and i would hurry if i were you! Deckhand jobs get snatched up quick these days!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

daredevilsmith in Fort Walton Beach, Florida

45 months ago

Oh and I had also tried out this other company. They had some training programs, but I already had got the job through Marine consultants. Anyway the other company is called Thomas Marine & Associates. thomasmarine.org They are worth checking out also.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Robert in Daleville, Alabama

45 months ago

What is the name of the company you work for,if you don't mind telling me?
Thanks

Robert in Daleville, Alabama

45 months ago

daredevilsmith in Fort Walton Beach, Florida said: Oh and I had also tried out this other company. They had some training programs, but I already had got the job through Marine consultants. Anyway the other company is called Thomas Marine & Associates. thomasmarine.org They are worth checking out also.

Do you mind telling me the company you work for?
Thanks

prmorin@cox.net in San Diego, California

42 months ago

I have all the needed paper-work for a ordinary seaman at this time, more certification soon. Looking for work. prmorin@cox.net

eddie dodd

41 months ago

can any body tell me the site to go to where u get a full list of crew boat jobs and deck hand jobs wuth out going through recruters

daniel minchew in Jacksonville, Florida

41 months ago

jim in Virginia Beach, Virginia said: They seem like a great company to work for I just didn't make the cut last year and decided not to fly there again this year for another interview.

ron why do you need a driver license to work on a boat is a valid state id good enough thanks.

daniel minchew in Jacksonville, Florida

41 months ago

can anyone tell me why do you need a valid driver license to work on a tugboat?

C.D. Auxier in Salyersville, Kentucky

41 months ago

im 18 im in good shape im seeking employment as a deckhand i have no wife or kids,im a very quick learner good with my hands i took welding all through school if that helps any i would like to get a good job to start on my own im willing to do what it takes to get a job. Thanks

Youssef Sbeity in Beirut, Lebanon

41 months ago

Hello, My name is Youssef Sbeity I am a Lebanese citizen which is looking for a job on a yacht as a deckhand, I am a very hard working man that doesn't care much about salary if it's High or the lest, I have no experience but you have to start from somewhere.
I am a hard working young man who is seeking for a job with on a private yacht where I can perform and show my qualifications and skills, one being that I am a team player but more so, a leader who is ambitious and would do whatever it takes to benefit the boat , I do well under pressure am very straight in my work , I have plenty to look forward to my future. I am also honest and trustworthy.

Best of Regards.
Youssef Sbeity
Thank You

eddie dodd

40 months ago

my name is eddie i have rigged on the 800 ton crain barge (i.o.s )international offshore services also the c-truc-8 m/v for l&m botruc llc i also have worked for greenville towing in greenville ms and have 25 years ezperence with multible diesel engins along with hevy equiplment im serching for a job on a work boat inland towing company will provide a full resume and also have riggers card water survival huet training along with twicand safe gulf card

eddiefreddie in eupora, Mississippi

40 months ago

my name is edwin dodd im trying to get a job i have my twic/safegulf/riggers/water survival-huet cards can any body tell me who is firing offshore/work boats or inland tugs im at eddie_dodd@yahoo.com if any body can help

40 months ago

daredevilsmith in Fort Walton Beach, Florida said: Oh and I had also tried out this other company. They had some training programs, but I already had got the job through Marine consultants. Anyway the other company is called Thomas Marine & Associates. thomasmarine.org They are worth checking out also.

hate to bust your bubble but i went through them to get my safe gulf card and payed tomasmarine the 19 dollors to help me find job but in fact that 19 dollors is for 24 hours and after that u must pay again so i would leave them alone and marine consultants the would not return my phone calls but do what you thinks best sighned eddie

40 months ago

scojos in Sandy, Utah said: Mark. I am in the process of buying a 80' houseboat. I need a deckhand /crew member to help me go up the Mississippi, the Ohio and the Tennessee river(s). I am retiring and want to survey out a charter business going up and down the Mississippi River. I have to make the trip myself first.Interested? Will be starting up around March 30,2009

hello my name is eddie dodd i know its been many months ago since you placed this add but if happen to be looking for some one now im interested in the position you can call me at six six two seven seven four two five zero one or at eddie_dodd@yahoo.com thank you
eddie

Alex Rust in Wilmington, North Carolina

39 months ago

I have 15 years coastal fishing and navigational experience. I work harder, faster and better than everyone else because all I want to do is be on the water and for that, I work my BUTT off. I am 27, in excellent physical condition and am able to travel any time and be gone as long as you need me to. I am dedicated for life, hopefully you understand how much of an asset I would be to your crew. If interested in seeing resume or knowing more about me you can reach me at alexanderrust@hotmail.com. Thanks.

BrandonC1262 in Liberty, Texas

38 months ago

I am currently working in a pipeyard. Ive been here a little over 2 years and would like to get on the boats. Very dedicated and hardworking. I know how to shut my mouth and learn versus trying to be a know it all. Houston area but willing to travel to wherever. eight_three_two_three_six_seven_two_one_two_zero

bernardpierce in Clarksville, Tennessee

37 months ago

i have my mmc card and twic card im 29years old im looking for a deckhand job did 3 years in navy exp none looking for a chance i work two jobs now make bout 40k a year looking for more with one job

Preston Kerner in Willis, Texas

36 months ago

Help me! I've searched for months every day of the week, I have my dilpoma and certificates, but no company wants to hire me. Please help, I need a job. If anyone can help me, please contact me at bullgodly@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

bang_ayub in Jakarta, Indonesia

36 months ago

brian_lowery42@yahoo.com in Dunbar, Pennsylvania said: contact me if you still need a deckhand brian_lowery42@yahoo.com

Hi, i need jobs as deckhand, i'm try to contact you but no possible, if you read this message please contact me at bang_ayub@yahoo.com.
thank you

alpo phelps in Slidell, Louisiana

35 months ago

hey it would be great to hear from ya. september 18, ill be looking for a job got 24 years exp. offshore from deckhand to engineer holla back

Capt Rob in Daleville, Alabama

35 months ago

I had a list of about 25 crewboat companies list on this site. I guess someone or company didn't like that because no one "had" to pay for the info. I'll list them again in a few days. Company name and phone numbers and the best thing of all...........ITS FREE!!!!

Timothy Nilsen- Grosch in Metairie, Louisiana

35 months ago

Hi, i am interested in the deckhand position. I was a deckhand for about eight months during the oil spill. I am a hardworking individual willing to work inland or offshore! you can email me at hlwhite2011@yahoo.com

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.