Finding employment offshore U.S. and shipping to foreign ports. (Anywhere) DECKHAND

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (37)

Josh Schwarz in Bay City, Michigan

47 months ago

I have my TWIC,MMD,STCW and passport. I am 33yrs. old, single without children. I have not yet been employed in the maritime trade, but anxious to gain experience. Since jobs in the U.S. are hard to find, I would be willing to work ANYWHERE,even outside the U.S..Does anyone have any thoughts/cautions/suggestions for seeking work. Thanks in advance for any help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (91) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Jason Buttels in Ottawa, Illinois

46 months ago

I have been trained as a deckhand and have a twic card alredy i have a steady work history at one job for the last fifteen years im willing to travel to whatever state that has positions open for serious employers.Im looking for something long term and will be a live-on for as long as it takes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Mike@Marquette in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

46 months ago

Jason Buttels in Ottawa, Illinois said: I have been trained as a deckhand and have a twic card alredy i have a steady work history at one job for the last fifteen years im willing to travel to whatever state that has positions open for serious employers.Im looking for something long term and will be a live-on for as long as it takes.

Jason if you are an experienced deckhand and willing to relocate to Louisiana my company Marquette transportation are in dire need of experienced deckhands in the gulf inland division apply online at www.marquettetrans.com be sure to check the box that says you are interested in gulf/ inland work, it is a 28/14 or 14/7 schedule 4 to 6 barges maximum tow EASY money for an experienced deckhand. Good pay and great benefits

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

bossco in Seneca, South Carolina

45 months ago

Josh Schwarz in Bay City, Michigan said: I have my TWIC,MMD,STCW and passport. I am 33yrs. old, single without children. I have not yet been employed in the maritime trade, but anxious to gain experience. Since jobs in the U.S. are hard to find, I would be willing to work ANYWHERE,even outside the U.S..Does anyone have any thoughts/cautions/suggestions for seeking work. Thanks in advance for any help.

check out military sealift command (MSC) or Artco out of st louis missouri its a tow boat co. good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Josh Schwarz in Bay City, Michigan

45 months ago

Thank you for your suggestions. I appreciate your thoughts. I will check them out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

Josh Schwarz in Bay City, Michigan said: Thank you for your suggestions. I appreciate your thoughts. I will check them out.

Also check out: sailors union of the pacific (SUP)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

No problem,also check out: sailors union of the pacific (sup)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

bossco in Seneca, South Carolina said: No problem,also check out: sailors union of the pacific (sup)

artco (american river transportation co)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

Artco (american river transportation co)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

shane c in fort wayne, Indiana

45 months ago

i have my twic,i have my z-card,i have experience as offshore and inland deckhand.my only problem is that its been 10 years since i last worked on boats.i still remember how everything works,just might need a little refresher on building tow.i am willing to travel back and forth from indiana.all i need is one chance to prove myself

45 months ago

i was in the same situation,i worked on ships for 15 years and left the marine industry for a while now im back at it. u should have no problem.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

i have been working for artco for 2 years,and i knew nothing of building a tow when they hired me. as long as u have expiriece or heavy labor backroung your good!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

shane c in fort wayne, Indiana

45 months ago

hey thanks for the encourgagement bossco.thats all i have done since i left the maritime industry is vigorous labor.ive been applying everywhere with no luck yet.all i know is once i get that oppertunity i aint ever leaving it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

if you want to stay and work here i suggest applying for artco,they pay the most $199 per day and its 30 on and 30 off. and if there not hiring keep checking back they will. also all there barges have winches. less rigging!!
but if you dont mind going away overseas and traveling id look into MSC (military sealift command) or SUP (sailors union of the pacific) good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

thomas in Pensacola, Florida

45 months ago

im 18 tryin to find a boat to get on a.s.a.p i have no exprience in a deckhand

if any one know a company that is hiring on the gulf coast i want a company that hires quick im ready to go

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

thats the first one i started tryin to get on with i call them everyday tryn to make it faster but dont help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Prof. Gringo in San Diego, California

45 months ago

thomas in Pensacola, Florida said: im 18 tryin to find a boat to get on a.s.a.p i have no exprience in a deckhand

if any one know a company that is hiring on the gulf coast i want a company that hires quick im ready to go

Do you even have a TWIC???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

victor in Lithonia, Georgia

45 months ago

i'm looking to start my new career in the maritime industry with little to no experince. I have taking the first steps in getting my twic,mmd,and basic saftey training course( stcw-95 ).But every where i have look at wants some exp. All i need is one oppurtunity to prove that there decision was the right one. Anyone with any advice i would really appreciate it sincerly. Thanks very much

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

victor in Lithonia, Georgia

45 months ago

i'm looking to start my new career in the maritime industry with little to no experince. I have taking the first steps in getting my twic,mmd,and basic saftey training course( stcw-95 ).But every where i have look at wants some exp. All i need is one oppurtunity to prove that there decision was the right one. Anyone with any advice i would really appreciate it sincerly. Thanks very much

45 months ago

Prof. Gringo in San Diego, California said: Do you even have a TWIC???

yes i have a twic

Prof. Gringo in Mexico, Mexico

44 months ago

thomas in Pensacola, Florida said: yes i have a twic

Well, you missed all the jobs a few months ago with the DWH disaster. Right now there are NO jobs offshore.

Try inland, MAYBE some pushboat company will give you a shot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Seattle, Washington

41 months ago

worked on Commercial fishing boats for around 18 years (Seasonal)
average 6 months a year in Alaska, I have decided to get my MMD and received it.
Have a TWIC, Passport,STCW and Merchant schooling Just graduated out of in 2010 Looking for any places that would like to hire someone use to working 16 to 18 hours work days, very dependable and looking at this for a final career move.
If anyone is interested, or know any companies out their that could use a good hand, let me know. Thanks to all that read this and hope to hear from you all. E-mail(aklonewolf2010@yahoo.com)
Steve

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Kody c in Nashville, Tennessee

36 months ago

Im was very interested in gettn offshore I'm 19 and ready for work if any information plz contact me Kjkross09@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Angel Z in New Orleans, Louisiana

35 months ago

I am 23 years old i have my twic card i have no experience but i am eager and willing to work trying to provide for my family i need to work offshore can someone help me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bossco in Oak Park, Illinois

35 months ago

Look at the previous posts on this thread there's all kinds of offshore and inland leads here

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

YOUNG87 in Pensacola, Florida

35 months ago

iM 24 YEAR OLD I HAVE A TWIC CARD, STCW, PASSPORT, Z-CARD, RECENT DRUG AND PHYSICAL FROM COAST GUARD. IM REALLY ABOUT TO BE HOMELESS IF I DONT FIND WORK SOMEONE IF POSSIBLE PLEASE HELP ME AND MY WIFE, 3EAR OLD, AND MY NEW ADDITION 8/31/2011. THANK YOU AHEAD OF TIME IF YOU HELP US AND GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS!!!

Bossco

35 months ago

Look at Artco out of st louis or military sealift command. There's also marine firemens union,sailors union of the pacific and s.i.u.

Lee nagar, Israel in Bat Yam, Israel

34 months ago

If you are interested in remaining local then this isnt for you - Resources on how to truly get a position in the EMEA region (EUROPE, Middle EAST , Africa) - Foreigners are welcome to browse (mainly IT, executives, banking or technical, but there is more:

Check out
www.skipperstaff.webs.com

Zzuvich

34 months ago

I go to a maritime school and I have my mmc os,twic and passport. We have to go on a sixty day workbase on a 200 gt vessel the past the line of demarkation. All the ones that my school normally has had have fallen through and which puts me in a bind if I don't go on a workbase I will only be able to get my AB special instead of my AB limited. Does anyone know of any companies that might be willing to have me as a cadet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bossco

34 months ago

Sailors union of the pacific (SUP)

Ryan in Spring, Texas

32 months ago

I dont have a twic card or a mmd 0s will Marquette Trans still hire and individual with no experience or credentials?

lyndell in Natchez, Mississippi

24 months ago

hey im 19 and try to start a career in offshor if anybody knows of any jobs it well help me out a lot thanks

Bossco

24 months ago

There's all kinds of info already submitted above

bobby g in Longview, Texas

22 months ago

Looking for offshore work rouatabout or floors don't have a twic card but I can get one I have. Work floors for a year and. Ben an ironworker and rigger for eight

haleema in United Kingdom

21 months ago

I'm finishing school next year by May in BSc Nautical Science with the following modules : Multimodaltransport and logistics,maritime econics,contempo rary issues in maritime industry ,project and Navigation technology.I don't have any experience before and just want to work in any maritime industry offshore.I'm just pursuing now.Could u help me with any Idea.

Milton

17 months ago

Mike@Marquette in Baton Rouge, Louisiana said: Jason if you are an experienced deckhand and willing to relocate to Louisiana my company Marquette transportation are in dire need of experienced deckhands in the gulf inland division apply online at www.marquettetrans.com be sure to check the box that says you are interested in gulf/ inland work, it is a 28/14 or 14/7 schedule 4 to 6 barges maximum tow EASY money for an experienced deckhand. Good pay and great benefits

How can I get noAt Milton.johnwell@hotmail.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.