driver

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

billfish08 in Daytona Beach, Florida

66 months ago

I have been driving trucks for more than 30 years. I had my first accident in may of 2008 and was fired. In what other profesion do you get fired that easily. I had been with the company for 8 and a half years with a perfect record. Now with the economy as is no one will hire me other than over the road, which I can not do because of my wife,s health.CEO,s of large companies can make mistakes losing millions of dollars and still get a bonus. I make one and get fired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

RICK in El Cajon, California

64 months ago

HIT BY ANOTHER DRIVER AT THE COMPANY WHERE I WORKED. COST ME ALMOST THREE YEARS OFF. THOUGH ACCIDENT WAS NOT MY FAULT AND EVEN THOUGH I HAVE SINCE WORKED, SOME EMPLOYERS STILL ARE SKIDDISH. ANYWAY HERE IN CALIFORNIA TRUCKING DRIVING JOBS ARE SCARCE. USED TO BE EMPLOYERS WOULD COME AND ASK ME TO WORK FOR THEM. WELL KNOWN HERE. HAVE YOU TRIED COVENANT? THEY SEEM TO BE MORE RELAXED AND CLAIM TO BE A CHRISTIAN BASED TRUCKING CO. I WISH YOU THE BEST.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Richard Carlisle in Springfield, Missouri

64 months ago

You people should check out any company including Covenant before you waste your time with them. Type in their name at the top of this page on this forum also ripoffreport.com/default.asp, ai.fmcsa.dot.gov/, and www.thetruckersreport.com/.

Check out your own DAC here: www.hireright.com/Consumers-Applicants.aspx or USIS Commercial Services Division, Attn: Consumers Department, PO Box 33181, Tulsa, OK 74153. www.usis.com/. USIS, Altegrity company, Hirewright or whatever they now call themselves is doing their best to hide from you. They do not want you to know what they have on you. Be persistent.

RICK in El Cajon, California

64 months ago

WENT THRU COVENANT BUT IN THE 9TH HOUR I HANDED THE KEYS TO THE TRAINER AND LEFT BACK TO SAN DIEGO. THANKS FOR INFO THOUGH. REALLY WANT TO STAY LOCAL. ARE YOU A LONG HAULER OR LOCAL? HOW ARE JOBS IN YOUR AREA? OUR UNEMPLOYMENT RATE IS ABOUT 10% AND FROM WHAT I JUST HEARD ON THE NEWS, CLIMBING.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.