no jobs for ex-cons

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

antgordo1 in Grand Prairie, Texas

46 months ago

Really i dont get this there are supposedly all these jobs for truck drivers and being a graduate coming out of school u have a slim or no chance to get a job because of you past but most of the people in offices and the ones already have trucks have a record yet they were given a chance and we should too. we are americans and i know that i made mistakes and paid my price for them and learned from them also should i continue to get punished for my past its hard to change but easy to stay the same i will continue to pursue that change because insanity is to do wrong and expect a different result from your past.Is it not

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Michelle1987 in North Charleston, South Carolina

46 months ago

My ex had a record from when he was 17 and it was so easy to do continue doing what had gotten him locked up but he eventually realized that he had to live correctly. The fact that you know and you strive to continue on the right path is tremendous. I pray you get a great job because we are human and we make mistakes but nobody should be condemned for one action. have you tried Central? They train and hire you. God bless.

antgordo1 in Dallas, Texas

46 months ago

I feel like im being kicked by everyone while im down its very discouraging to be alive have a job skill and in that particular profession nobody gives you a chance because of the convicts that just got out ive been out of the system and not on drugs and been looking since june for a job I not really the one to give up on life but it seems life have given up on me.

Skeet in Richmond, Virginia

46 months ago

antgordo1 in Dallas, Texas said: I feel like im being kicked by everyone while im down its very discouraging to be alive have a job skill and in that particular profession nobody gives you a chance because of the convicts that just got out ive been out of the system and not on drugs and been looking since june for a job I not really the one to give up on life but it seems life have given up on me.

I don't think it is all you or your qualifications - it
is the economy right now - millions are in the unemployment
line - unfortunately - your status as an ex-convict does
put you at a disadvantage especially in the field you're
qualifications call for - but one sure way not to be
considered for a position is to give up - keep trying
and give it your best - it is going to take time.
Get rid of that defeated attitude - you're your own
worst enemy - you have the skill and someone will
recognize that - but it is not going to be like right now

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.