Dental Assistant Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (518) - Start a Discussion

Tbili in Los Angeles, California

RDA exam

Hi, I am a DA graduated last year (in CA), I work 2d/week in dental office. I cannot find a job, and I decided to take RDA exam. I think I might have...

Tristan Cole in San Antonio, Texas

Updated 25 months ago

Dental Implant books - 2 Replies

I am having a very hard time trying to find a dental assistant book on dental implants/bone grafting ect. Any Implant assistants here have any good...

Katie in Edmonton, Alberta

Updated 25 months ago

Dental admin/receptionist wages - 1 Reply

Does anyone know the going rate for dental admin/receptionists in Calgary or Alberta area?

Turbo6ta in Fort Myers, Florida

Updated 25 months ago

Dental Assistant Training Schools (DATS) of Florida .. Anyone hear of them? - 2 Replies

My wife is from the Philippines and is in the US on a "green card". She has a BS degree in Computer Science from a college in the Philippines. Well,...

imperfectdisaster in hindman, Kentucky

1 month into DA school, starting to feel discouraged

I'm in an accredited DA school, only 1 month in but I'm starting to feel discouraged. Sometimes I feel like I'm not catching on as quickly as the...

lulu in Fredericton, New Brunswick

Dental Assistants in New Brunswick Canada

Well, I have been a CDA for about 25 yrs now and wonder how I have lasted this long, some dentists want people with experience but they do not want...

Nicole Leigh in Lake Forest Park, Washington

Updated 26 months ago

Did I get hired at the Dental Office? - 1 Reply

Okay, I'm a bit confused. I'm new to seeking professional jobs. I took a 15 week dental course and I decided that I should start applying to...

Sammy in Phoenix, Arizona

Updated 26 months ago

Need Advice Dental Assistant.. - 1 Reply

I've been working as a dental asst. for over a year now and need some advice on whether to just give notice or hang in there until I find another...

Sammy in Phoenix, Arizona

Updated 26 months ago

First job fiasco - 2 Replies

My first experience has been disgusting. I also know a few people that say finding a decent dentist to work for is looking for a needle in the stack...

Nicole Leigh in Lake Forest Park, Washington

RDA in Washington State

Hi, I'm planning on attending school for dental assisting in January. I'm looking into Dental Assistant Training Center, its a short term school...

blondedorkette72 in Fresno, California

Starting wage for Western Dental in Southern California

Hi, just curious if anyone knows any info about the starting wages and experience needed to work there, because I will be a new grad. Thanks.

blondedorkette72 in Fresno, California

jobs in southern califonia

I am attending dental assisting school starting in October of this year, and after I am finished my family and I plan to move to southern CA around...

DeeDee

Updated 26 months ago

Relocating to Florida - 1 Reply

Your going to be really surprised when you apply for other employment outside of Washington state. I loved working for a Dentist from Washington as...

DeeDee

Good/Bad offices in Bradenton/Saragota fl

So, how are the Doctors in Bradenton/Saragota Florida. What offices should I stay away from and what offices are good? What about the clinics out...

cgasparik@comcast.net in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

DA

gotta stick with it and work in a teaching hospital with OMFS program... preferrable Level One Trauma Ctr... I made 72K per year as Manager after man...

rda in Granada Hills, California

Updated 27 months ago

Dental temp agencies in Los Angeles? - 5 Replies

I'm going to have to move away from the bay area, it's been almost six months with no job. I am going to move with friends in the Los Angeles area....

someone in Phoenix, Arizona

what is the highest paid specialty for a dental assistant?

what is the highest paid specialty for a dental assistant? in az or anywhere? just wondering

someone in Phoenix, Arizona

what is the highest paid specialty for a dental assistant?

what is the highest paid specialty for a dental assistant? in az or anywhere? just wondering

Lauren in Wimberley, Texas

Updated 27 months ago

Obtaining your license in Texas - 11 Replies

A law was passed 4 years ago that require dental assistants in the state of Texas to obtain a license through the Texas State Board of Dental...

wannabeahygienist in New Braunfels, Texas

Updated 27 months ago

Contemplating Starting a Denal Assisting Career, HELP! - 162 Replies

I've been thinking of becoming a dental assistant for some time now. However after reading some of the dicussion boards.. I'm getting a little...

Dental assistant in Chatswood, Australia

Updated 27 months ago

Working for a horrible, mean dentist - 2 Replies

I have been an assistant for 2 years now and have just changed jobs. I have been working for this dentist for about 6 months now. I have never felt...

Gaby in San Jose, California

Updated 28 months ago

RDAEF positions in Los Angeles? - 2 Replies

I'm an RDAEF with 23 years in the dental assisting field and I'm finding it VERY difficult to find a dentist willing to pay for the duties I perform....

DeeDee

Bradenton fl.

I will be moving to Bradenton Fl soon. Does anyone work in this area? If so can you tell me about the doctors and clinics there? What is the going...

Lala2 in Quakertown, Pennsylvania

Updated 28 months ago

working with N2O while pregnant - 8 Replies

Can anyone give me an idea of how dangerous it is to work on pt's that are on N2O while you are pregnant? I did not do it while I was pregnant and...

R Jay in West Orange, New Jersey

Clinical Dental Assistant vs Administrative Dental Assistant

Hello Everyone, Is this a course to become an unregistered dental assistant? http://www.gatlineducation.com/dental_assistant_training.html It...

Carolyn in Hamilton, Ontario

Clinical Assistant

I'm going on a job interview for a Clinical Assistant, but don't seem to remember the difference between this and a regular dental assistant. How are...

Lora in Austin, Texas

Updated 29 months ago

DENTAL ASSISTANTS - 2 Replies

If you are a dental assistant-can they (Dentist or Office Mgr.) clean up toilets, patient bathroom? Just curious.

Jude L in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Updated 29 months ago

Need a job! - 10 Replies

I am having a hard time finding a dental assistant job. Hardly anyone is hiring and im fresh out of DA school. Ive went to just about every...

Sharon in Denton, Texas

Updated 29 months ago

On the job training for Dental Assistant - 3 Replies

I am interested in asking a Dentist (Texas) I know about being able to do some "on the job" training. I have no dental experience and I am...

Natalya in Saint Paul, Minnesota

Updated 29 months ago

pay rate - 385 Replies

I can't beleive the low pay scale they want to pay in Ga, or any where. go figure front dest help seems t make more than assistant. This up set me...

Jinova13 in Richmond, Virginia

Updated 29 months ago

Where in US is Dental Assistant paid well? - 1 Reply

I'm about to enter Dental Assistant program in Las Vegas NV. I don't think I will be happy making only around 30 000 dollars in the future,I'm...

toofairy in Portland, Oregon

Updated 30 months ago

They wont pay me for a working interview - 1 Reply

I had a working interview with a large chain. I have done a working interview with them before and was paid at the end of the interview. I was asked...

Silvia2012 in Fayetteville, North Carolina

Moving to a new state.

Hi, I'm wanting to go to a 13week program to get my dental assistant here in Fayettville, NC but I would be moving to Oklahoma City, OK in a year....

Lora in La Jolla, California

Updated 30 months ago

I'm already in school for DA but feel I made a mistake - 1 Reply

I go to a school for dental assisting and I'm paying so much money to become an RDA but supposedly I'll be getting an AA at the end of my course, but...

leonor in Deltona, Florida

Updated 30 months ago

Looking for work in Orlando - 11 Replies

I am an assistant with 20 plus years of experience. Having a terrible time finding the right office. I've spent a lot of time looking for positions...

rozanne Hoopii in Kahului, Hawaii

Updated 31 months ago

looking for an internship....call or go in??? - 1 Reply

The program I'm in requires us to find our own internship. I'm wondering what is the best way to do it call...what time is the day? Or just go in and...

Chris in Pleasanton, California

Updated 31 months ago

california rda law & ethics exam - 1 Reply

Anyone get their results yet?

Rose in Lake Oswego, Oregon

Updated 31 months ago

dental xray license - 123 Replies

I got my xray licence 20 years ago and I need to get a copy of it but I have no idea who to contact. Does anyone know?

Lora in La Jolla, California

Updated 31 months ago

Dental Assistant - where to start? - 1 Reply

I have given lots of thought to becoming a dental assistant. What is the best place to start? Thanks!

juliusbarnes45@yahoo.com in Washington, District of Columbia

X-ray re-certification

where can i go to get re-certified to take X-rays in Maryland and Va

Roxy in Dover, Delaware

Updated 31 months ago

Dental Assistant - 1 Reply

is there anybody can give me a right advise?. i am 32 years old guy and i want to change my career and i want to start with dental assistant.i live...

Tiff

Updated 31 months ago

"Office Confessions" - 3 Replies

Hi everyone! I've been a DA in NYC for going on 2 years now. Let's face it: We all are overworked and underpaid. It comes with the territory lol....

Anonymous in Albuquerque, New Mexico

Updated 32 months ago

Want to get paid more - 2 Replies

I have been a Dental Assistant for 17yrs. My last job I made 22 dollars an hour in a general practice and my boss thought that was too much! I am...

Monique in Paso Robles, California

Updated 32 months ago

Ever heard of Lowry Academy of Dental School or California Acadamey of Dental Assisting? - 11 Replies

I am interested in these 8 week courses but I am concerned of the credibility. Who will hire you if you have to wait 15 months to become even take...

donnadube5@yahoo.com in Bedford, New Hampshire

Updated 32 months ago

Refresher Course - 1 Reply

Hi, I took a CDA course 3 years ago, did well, worked with a dental surgeon part time for a while continuing with the job I was doing before that. I...

rubberdam in Seattle, Washington

returning to the dental practice

i have more than 18 years as an assistant/office manager. i was trained on site in a nyc dental office and have worked every single dental procedure...

Carolyn in Hamilton, Ontario

Updated 32 months ago

What is your CRAZIEST dental office story? - 9 Replies

Everyone that has been a DA for years has some pretty funny stories. Let's share a story ( no names) (I have A LOT of these crazy stories!)

Lisa in Phoenix, Arizona

Should i become a dental assistant or not?

i have read horror stories about dental assistant's interactions with their crazy dentists. is this a good career choice? if not, any suggestions?...

hs3127 in Mesquite, Texas

Dental Assistant in Texas

I live in the Dallas area and I am currently enrolled in a Dental Assistant program at a CODA school. What is the job market like, currently? Do you...

HeatherCDA in Piscataway, New Jersey

Dental Office Hours

Why are dental office hours so difficult! I understand dentists like to accommodate patient's needs, but what about the staff?! We have lives too!...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.