Dental Assistant Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (516) - Start a Discussion

shesharpshoots@roadrunner.com in Los Angeles, California

Considering a WDS position in need of INPUT

I am considering pursuing a interview with Western Dental Services as a biller. I was wondering if any of you have ever worked or are currently...

Ruth Ann in Allentown, Pennsylvania

Dental Assistant

I just moved to the area. I have been in the Dental field for 18 years. I have experience in all aspects of Dentistry. If anyone out there can help...

Lena Kozak in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 30 months ago

Dental Assistance needed in Arlington Heights IL - 6 Replies

Looking for individuals with the following skill set for filling multiple positions at the Arlington Heights, IL location: - Experience in Dental...

Carolyn in Hamilton, Ontario

Updated 30 months ago

middle age, want to start school? - 2 Replies

any thoughts on somebody my age (55), bored with housewifing. Let's say I complete DA school, how realistic is it to get hired as a DA with no...

brandon simmons in West Palm Beach, Florida

Updated 31 months ago

Dental Assistant Position - 28 Replies

I am searching for a dental assistant for my organization. Anyone have any suggestions on finding candidates. my email is ljohn.hchc@tachc.org

indeeduserdata in Texas

Updated 31 months ago

Question - 2 Replies

I was a patient of a dentist. There was some work done on my teeth and I felt something was not right during the procedure. I am an immigrant and...

Desiree in Warwick, Rhode Island

U.S. Career Institute Dental Ass. Program???

Hello ! Does anyone know anything about this school ( U.S. Career Institute....Dental Assistant program) and if anyone has been able to land a job IN...

angelraeblu in Downey, California

Updated 31 months ago

I need to interview a dental assistant about their job. Help?! - 1 Reply

I would like to start off by saying I am a student at Lakes High School, and I need to interview someone with a dental assisting job. This can be by...

Confused in Houston, Texas

Updated 31 months ago

I don't get it, is all positions in dentistry full of it? (minus the dentist). - 4 Replies

Hi Everyone, I'm currently 24. I'm almost done with just an a/s degree in bio. I have 3 classes left which I wanted to take over the next...

Avalencia in Los Angeles, California

Updated 31 months ago

Interview Preparation - 14 Replies

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming dental assistant interview? Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Jennifer Cruz-Chilel in Wallingford, Connecticut

Updated 31 months ago

am i really going to hate denal assisting? - 13 Replies

hi, im 19 years and i was just accepted into a very good and accredited dental assisting program, indiana university-purdue university-fort wayne,...

GL in Sacramento, California

Coronal Polish and X-Ray Courses

I am look for a coronal polish and x-ray course that offer any sort of financial aid. Does anyone know of any companies or schools that offer fa? I...

Jack in Denver, Colorado

Updated 32 months ago

Male Dental Assistant - 22 Replies

Hello I have couple of questions First is it very hard for a male dental assistant to find a job (I have a good experience in the dental field...

Ashell in Plano, Texas

Updated 32 months ago

going on externship - 12 Replies

Hey everyone...I am getting ready to go on my externship real soon....I am getting really nervous....I'm scared I am not going to remember...

GetFreeDental in Houston, Texas

Updated 33 months ago

Where to start ... - 1 Reply

Hello ... I have had my share of dental issues over the years and now help the poor to find basic dental care. I would like to do more and have...

kneec in Bronx, New York

any DAs from NYC?

I've recently graduated from a DA training program and was just wondering if any DAs from the NYc area could provide any insight on what to expect....

DentalGURU2009 in Harvard, Illinois

Updated 33 months ago

interviewing - 1 Reply

dear dental assistants. I have been out of dental assisting for about 2 years partly because of breast cancer and losing my last job. I'm applying...

Nichole Hudson in Los Angeles, California

Updated 34 months ago

Dental asst. - 1 Reply

Hi my name is Crystal and I live in Maine, I have my Cert. for Dental Assisting and was wondering if anyone knows where I can go to get my x-ray...

Krystal in Los Angeles, California

Questions about Dental Assisting from someone whose looking to change careers.

Hi Guys. Well I have been working in Reality TV For about the past 6 years, and I have just been laid off from yet another post production company...

JasonDDI in Fresno, California

Updated 34 months ago

Received a job as a surgery assistant at a Maxillofacial Surgeon owned practice and now after a month having problems - 12 Replies

I went to school for 14 months at SJVC to become a dental assistant as a straight A student, 3.8 GPA, and wasn't able to find a job for 7 months...

RDA WORKER in Trenton, New Jersey

Updated 34 months ago

RDA Exam Preparation - 12 Replies

Hi! I was just wondering if anyone knows any good RDA Practical exam courses that are good to enroll in? I am taking the RDA practical exam in...

DA INST in Keller, Texas

Updated 34 months ago

Is this typical??? - 2 Replies

I am a DA working a 30 hr. work week. The dentist I work for has 1 DA, 1 EFDA, and 2 HYG. Last week we had several cancellations and I was told not...

Islander in San Juan, Puerto Rico

If DA and DHyginiest are for?

Hi: I moving to FL in may 2012 and I will want to study to take the DH certification so I can work for my cousin in Naples. But this is the ? Are DA...

Lora in La Jolla, California

Updated 34 months ago

Dental interviews - 6 Replies

I am very frustrated going from one interview to another one just to be used and be taken advantage of. I graduated with a Bachelor of Science with...

Anna in Sun Valley, Nevada

Updated 34 months ago

resume - 1 Reply

hello guys, iam looking for the DA job n to apply i have to send resume. so i am looking for the resume stuff. i will really appreciate the guys...

Anna in Sun Valley, Nevada

Updated 34 months ago

Bleaching impressions - 2 Replies

My dentist recently told me that we can no longer take the impression for bleaching trays, we can pick out the tray, mix and load the alginate, but...

Janis in Prairie Du Sac, Wisconsin

Updated 34 months ago

I have two choices for schools and can't decide! - 13 Replies

Hi everyone, I would appreciate any advice/opinions from all of you. I am currently planning on attending a one semester accredited school in...

Wow in Phoenix, Arizona

Updated 35 months ago

cda test - 1 Reply

It's been a few years since I've worked as a dental assistant. I currently only have my radiology and nitrous certifications. Can someone please...

DentalGURU2009 in Genoa City, Wisconsin

Interview FOLLY

Recent interview- "Hello, I see you live in_____. How long did it take you to get here? " Question 2: Do you have kids? Question 3: How old are...

DentalGURU2009 in Genoa City, Wisconsin

Updated 35 months ago

How tthe pay sucks in Florida - 5 Replies

I've 25 years of experience as an assistant. I've never earned over 13 dollars an hour in Miami. I'm bilingual as well.It doesn't make any...

missjennyjen in Toronto, Ontario

Dental assisting programs in Toronto?

Besides George Brown which is very competitive. Is Canadian Business College any good? Does anyone have anything good to say about them? Thanks.

missjennyjen in Toronto, Ontario

Dental assisting programs in Toronto?

I want to do a DA program but I don't know which schools(besides george brown which is very comptetitive I've heard) offer the best program. Is...

colleen benoit in Sacramento, California

Does anyone know where I can find a RDA study guide that will prepare me for the california state board test??

Hi I am a dental assistant who wants to get my RDA does anyone have information as to where I might find a book that will help me study for the test....

chary in Potomac, Maryland

dental assitant

anybody here from maryland, usa...im a foreigned trained dentist from the philippines. i just want to know if im eligible to apply as dental...

DLO in Winter Park, Florida

NEW CAREER ADVICE??

I've been a CDA for 25+ years. Looking to change careers for one that has benefits. EG. Health Ins, retirement etc. along with a decent base pay....

beth from ga

Updated 36 months ago

What is the difference? - 22 Replies

What is the difference in being a certified dental assistant (CDA) vs.a registered dental assistant?(RDA)

claudia in Fort Campbell, Tennessee

Updated 36 months ago

Im interviewing for the Red Cross Dental Assisting Program and need some pointers... - 4 Replies

Hi Ladies! I just have a few questions for all of you. I recently applied to the Red Cross Dental Program on my base and was called today for an...

heregoes in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

i am a certified CDA from Canada but want to work in the U.S. will they accept my certification????

I am certified through a college in Canada and am now living in the U.s. I know I have to take the x-ray certification exam depending on which state...

labnjab in Rochester, New Hampshire

Updated 36 months ago

Dental Training? - 1 Reply

I heard somewhere that a dentist can train someone from right off the streets if the law allows it in that state. Is that true?

asiman in Burlington, New Jersey

Updated 36 months ago

My brother wants to move from NJ to Texas - 1 Reply

He is driving me insane! My brother finished a dental assistant job in Puerto Rico and worked for more than a year with a dentist. He is currently...

AJ in Schenectady, New York

Updated 36 months ago

Money front desk - 9 Replies

I'm an assistant but the dr wants me to move to the front. We use Dentrix. How much does the front office get paid? I want to do it, but pt's don't...

Kayla in Brandon, Florida

Updated 37 months ago

Dental Assisting in Florida - 4 Replies

Is Dental assisting a good career in florida? Which school is best in florida? Ive been looking into the AAA school of dental assisting in sanford,...

Daniel in El Cajon, California

differences in Washington and California

guys my wife finished her Dental assisting course in Washington and is capable and I`m wondering what does she have to do if anything to be able to...

sarah in Barrie, Ontario

Updated 37 months ago

Big trouble figuring out charting - 12 Replies

Hello folks. I am currently in an accelerated dental assisting course, and I am having way too much trouble with charting and abbreviations. For...

jessica from San Diego in san diego

Are there any jobs in San Diego?

I will be glad to read your feedback, as I'm getting a little bit worried before reading many comments about the difficulties some DA's are having in...

Ashley in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Updated 37 months ago

Didnt get paid for working interveiw - 21 Replies

Does anybody know the laws in FL. regarding working interveiws? I've always been paid before! I worked 9 hrs. and didnt get paid, I did it because I...

jobless in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania

EFDA jobs and pay in Chambersburg, pa and the surrounding area

I moved here 6 years ago and am working for a dentist that can only keep help if he pays them half decent but dont expect ever getting a raise,...

jessica from San Diego in san diego

UEI school, good or not?

Hello everyone! I want to become a dental assistant, and I was thinking to go to UEI , If you went to this school or know someone who went to this...

lyns in Rock Island, Illinois

Updated 38 months ago

Working Abroad - 3 Replies

hey there, i'm a 17 year old girl from germany and I'm doing my apprenticeship as an dental assistant right now here... it will takes 3 years and...

riss girl in cleburne, Texas

how to be a dental assistant if no schools are near me?

I can't drive yet and even though i could i don't know my way to big cities i rather not touch them. my community college doesn't offer dental...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.