Dental Assistant Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (554) - Start a Discussion

MALA RAMPERTAAP in Pompano Beach, Florida

Updated 67 months ago

Looking to hire - 1 Reply

Our pediatric dental practice has grown so fast, we need dental assistants now. If we happy with your abilities, enjoy our great working enviroment...

Trevor in Toronto, Ontario

Updated 67 months ago

being the only dental assistant - 5 Replies

Is anyone on here the only dental assistant in the practice?

ER in Rancho Cordova, California

Updated 68 months ago

Sealant, Corono polishing required for RDA?! - 3 Replies

I went to ROP Sacramento for my dental Certification which did not include X-ray licenses, i had to find a separate class out of the city and take it...

Lara Magam in LA, California

How important is it for DH to take x-rays before cleaning?

How important is it for DH to take x-rays before cleaning? Is it always recommended to first take x-rays? Thanks Lara

kate7183 in Modesto, California

Updated 68 months ago

anyone from california?? - 75 Replies

Hi I'm just wondering if anyone is a DA or RDA from california?? Just out of curiosity. :)

dbradley in Edmonton, Alberta

What does a work visa look like for a Canadian dental assistant moving to the US?

I'm moving to NYC with my girlfriend from Canada and we're trying to sort out a work visa for her. She's an RDA Level 2 and has completed her...

Jocelin Aparicio in Tyler, Texas

Explain how it feels working as a Dental Asst.????

Im bearly studying as Dental Assit. Im 20 years old and by May of this year 2011 I'll be Certified as Dental Asst... and I dont know I just wanted...

I am mine in New Jersey

Just moved to Portland,OR and thinking of going to school for Dental Assisting?

Hi, I recently moved to Portland, OR and I'm considering going to school for Dental Assisting. I have seen many job listings online for Dental...

massagegrl06 in Port Orchard, Washington

New DA, no experience...help!

I recently graduated online dental assisting school (since most people told me you don't even need a true diploma or formal schooling for this...

Grace Kelly in South Dakota

Updated 69 months ago

Dental Assistants - 1 Reply

I think dental assisting is a great career provided one goes to school and recieves their certification. This shows the Dr's and patients that you...

Mel in Frenchtown, New Jersey

NJ moving to FL dental assistant

I am currently a dental assistant in NJ and plan to move to Florida. I have researched schools that offer DA programs but I wanted to know if I could...

Dental in North Brunswick, New Jersey

Dental Assisting

RDA's and CDA's should be given more chairside duties. Like applying sealants, which most dentist's feel assistant's are more than capable of doing,...

Rfizzy in Canton, Georgia

Obtaining a Licence in a new state.

Im currently a licensed CDA in the state of CA, do I need to register now that I have moved to Georgia? And where do I find how to become a RDAEF in...

AristonB in New Orleans, Louisiana

Dental Assistants in Louisiana

Hi, Im interested in Dental Assisting and looking for a good school to go to in my area but am wondering is there anyone on here from Louisiana in...

Virginia in Harrisburg, North Carolina

Updated 71 months ago

Dental assistants jobs - 72 Replies

Hi,Are you looking for job? I really can help you

Mary in Macungie, Pennsylvania

Xray

Does anyone know if your x ray cert in PA if I can go somewhere and get it transfered ti NJ or do I have to go to chool or take the test again??...

Marsha in Palm Harbor, Florida

Updated 71 months ago

Resume & Interviews - 3 Replies

Hi, I have been an Assistant since 1975 (YIKES) I have moved back to Clearwater Fl.area & will start my job search soon,not much on Craig' List right...

soniaredd in Sacramento, California

RDA PAPER LIC.

Has anyone that took the RDA exam in AUGUST received their paper lic. yet Just thought I would ask because it's been awhile since I passed everything...

USAF-2-EFDA in Pensacola, Florida

New EFDA grad moving from FL to Cincinnati, OH...

Hey all, I've enjoyed reading threads for a while but this is my first post. I am preparing to graduate my EFDA program in FL and planning on...

DentalGURU2009 in Twin Lakes, Wisconsin

Updated 72 months ago

middle age hiring - 4 Replies

Honest answer needed... I'm 54, decided to go to DA school to help pay off credit debt. Retail/min wage just isn't doing it fast enough. How likely...

carry in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

Back to school after gratuade and worked in germany?

How do i get a licence for Florida to be a dental assistant and dental technician? Do i have to go back to school? I need help...

RDA528 in Oxnard, California

Updated 73 months ago

DA in Cali and moving to Fl - 1 Reply

I just finished school at Concorde. I haven't taken my RDA exam yet, but I am moving to Jacksonville, Fl pretty soon to be with my husband who is...

soniredd in Antelope, California

Updated 73 months ago

RDA PRACTICAL EXAM - 3 Replies

I took my practical on AUGUST 14TH Has anyone received their results yet

Audrey

Updated 73 months ago

Coronal polishing course - 10 Replies

Hi guys, I will really appreciated guys if any one could help me to find out how to be certified coronal polishing in NC Raleigh area. I just...

Smileysuzie in redwing, Minnesota

Updated 73 months ago

Reputable Distance/Online Schools? - 1 Reply

I currently have a Bachelors degree in Business and can not find a job. I recently received a grant that would pay for me to go back to school to get...

Jen in Waco, Texas

Comfort Dental???

I'm in a short program....11 weeks. I know comfort dental and most franchises pay not the best but I was wondering if anyone thinks its a good idea...

The facts.

Little talked about dental office facts. Doctors on this forum take note! Doctors: are often the ones causing division in their offices thru...

Kelly in Mesa, Arizona

Updated 74 months ago

How to find an internship?? - 1 Reply

I am considering starting a 11 week dental assistant program and you have to find yourself an internship. I am a little worried because I don't know...

Updated 74 months ago

Dental Assistant job ads "decoded" !!!! - 11 Replies

Team player............... Let's all get along Energetic................. Basically be tireless, so we can work until 10pm Focused.....................

Updated 74 months ago

dental assistant job - 31 Replies

I am looking for a Dental assistant job but no luck so far.I am a foreign trained dentist and I am very eager to work as DA.can any one help me with...

Christian Hahn in Louisville, Kentucky

Updated 74 months ago

Working interviews - 11 Replies

Has anyone done a working interview? Do you get paid? I have done two the first place did not pay, but the second placed did... also second place...

sonia redd in Sacramento, California

Updated 75 months ago

RDA test - 2 Replies

I would like to wish all the people taking the written and the Law and Ethics study all of your material I took both test over the last two days and...

1984 in Tampa, Florida

Updated 75 months ago

Health Hazards for Dental Assistants - 1 Reply

I'm considering dental assisting, but I have heard rumors that dental assistants are exposed to certain hazardous substances during certain...

1984 in Tampa, Florida

Updated 75 months ago

How can I become more marketable? - 4 Replies

I have had nothing but one bad luck hit after another ever since I decided to start dental assisting. I feel as though my hands are tied, I spent...

Amber in Roseville, California

Updated 75 months ago

nail polish - 2 Replies

I was curiouse to know if you are allowed to where any kind of nail polish while working as a dental assistant. I am currently in dental assisting...

ASH in Humble, Texas

Schools in HOUSTON..help please!

What are some good schools for dental assisting in Houston area?????? And about how much money am I looking at to go to school for this? Oh, and how...

soniredd in Sacramento, California

Updated 75 months ago

practical results - 7 Replies

I took my practical rda test just received results passed yeah baby!test was AUGUST 14th

susan in Quakertown, Pennsylvania

Updated 76 months ago

sexual harrasment - 9 Replies

A patient pulled my lab coat open at the top, looked down at my breasts and made a comment, I told the Drs I work with and it was a giggle for them!!...

Kathy in Orlando, Florida

Updated 76 months ago

Should i go chairside or front office?? - 1 Reply

Hello everyone, I am from Tulsa, OK and I recently graduated from college completing dental assisting. I have been in 3 weeks into my externship at a...

Melissa in Rockville, Maryland

Updated 76 months ago

I don't even know where to start. - 1 Reply

Hi, I just now decided that I really wanted to do dental assisting after changing my major a million times. Anyway, the only school close to me that...

Updated 76 months ago

Comfort in confronting? - 1 Reply

Do you feel comfortable in asking or challenging your employers business decisions if you think he is way off the mark?

Carliz89 in Portland, Oregon

RHS Certification/Help Getting a job

Hey guys I live in Portland, OR. I just graduated from Anthem College and im trying to get my RHS Certification. The only problem im having is...

Lorenzo C in Los Angeles, California

Updated 76 months ago

Difference & opinions on which school to choose, diploma or certificate of program completion - 1 Reply

Hello everyone, I'm new to this board & I'm considering going back to school. I'm 38 and have looked at two schools, one would be 12 months & offers...

jennie in Merced, California

Dental Assistant

i'm currently enrolled in school to become a dental assistant. ( i know i should have gone straight to hygiene)i'm going to heald college and just...

Angellee in Tampa, Florida

Updated 76 months ago

How the pay sucks in Florida - 2 Replies

I've 25 years of experience as an assistant. I've never earned over 13 dollars an hour in Miami. I'm bilingual as well.It doesn't make any...

Smile Diva 1978 in New Orleans, Louisiana

Updated 76 months ago

dental assisting - 1 Reply

I finished dental assisting school in August of 2009. I want to move to California and work as a dental assistant. What are the rules for working in...

Maria in Kiev, Ukraine

Updated 76 months ago

What do I need to be a DA in US? - 3 Replies

Hi everyone!im a dentist in Ukraine,graduated from a dental school last year.I had experience working as a dentist and also i've been working as a...

Updated 77 months ago

Continuing Education Hours - 6 Replies

I have just gotton my RDA and i am having a huge problem with getting my continuing education hours because everyone wants at least one hundred bucks...

Updated 77 months ago

To be a dental asst is a bad idea! - 2 Replies

I have to disappoint you...all dentists have mental problems. I am a Dental Asst for 7 years, and unfortunately, I never met normal dentists in my...

find another profession

If u are young find another profession until it's not late!

Page: « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.