Dental Assistant Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (528) - Start a Discussion

Christian Hahn in Louisville, Kentucky

Updated 55 months ago

Working interviews - 11 Replies

Has anyone done a working interview? Do you get paid? I have done two the first place did not pay, but the second placed did... also second place...

sonia redd in Sacramento, California

Updated 55 months ago

RDA test - 2 Replies

I would like to wish all the people taking the written and the Law and Ethics study all of your material I took both test over the last two days and...

1984 in Tampa, Florida

Updated 55 months ago

Health Hazards for Dental Assistants - 1 Reply

I'm considering dental assisting, but I have heard rumors that dental assistants are exposed to certain hazardous substances during certain...

1984 in Tampa, Florida

Updated 56 months ago

How can I become more marketable? - 4 Replies

I have had nothing but one bad luck hit after another ever since I decided to start dental assisting. I feel as though my hands are tied, I spent...

Amber in Roseville, California

Updated 56 months ago

nail polish - 2 Replies

I was curiouse to know if you are allowed to where any kind of nail polish while working as a dental assistant. I am currently in dental assisting...

ASH in Humble, Texas

Schools in HOUSTON..help please!

What are some good schools for dental assisting in Houston area?????? And about how much money am I looking at to go to school for this? Oh, and how...

soniredd in Sacramento, California

Updated 56 months ago

practical results - 7 Replies

I took my practical rda test just received results passed yeah baby!test was AUGUST 14th

susan in Quakertown, Pennsylvania

Updated 56 months ago

sexual harrasment - 9 Replies

A patient pulled my lab coat open at the top, looked down at my breasts and made a comment, I told the Drs I work with and it was a giggle for them!!...

Kathy in Orlando, Florida

Updated 56 months ago

Should i go chairside or front office?? - 1 Reply

Hello everyone, I am from Tulsa, OK and I recently graduated from college completing dental assisting. I have been in 3 weeks into my externship at a...

Melissa in Rockville, Maryland

Updated 56 months ago

I don't even know where to start. - 1 Reply

Hi, I just now decided that I really wanted to do dental assisting after changing my major a million times. Anyway, the only school close to me that...

Updated 56 months ago

Comfort in confronting? - 1 Reply

Do you feel comfortable in asking or challenging your employers business decisions if you think he is way off the mark?

Carliz89 in Portland, Oregon

RHS Certification/Help Getting a job

Hey guys I live in Portland, OR. I just graduated from Anthem College and im trying to get my RHS Certification. The only problem im having is...

Lorenzo C in Los Angeles, California

Updated 56 months ago

Difference & opinions on which school to choose, diploma or certificate of program completion - 1 Reply

Hello everyone, I'm new to this board & I'm considering going back to school. I'm 38 and have looked at two schools, one would be 12 months & offers...

jennie in Merced, California

Dental Assistant

i'm currently enrolled in school to become a dental assistant. ( i know i should have gone straight to hygiene)i'm going to heald college and just...

Angellee in Tampa, Florida

Updated 57 months ago

How the pay sucks in Florida - 2 Replies

I've 25 years of experience as an assistant. I've never earned over 13 dollars an hour in Miami. I'm bilingual as well.It doesn't make any...

Smile Diva 1978 in New Orleans, Louisiana

Updated 57 months ago

dental assisting - 1 Reply

I finished dental assisting school in August of 2009. I want to move to California and work as a dental assistant. What are the rules for working in...

Maria in Kiev, Ukraine

Updated 57 months ago

What do I need to be a DA in US? - 3 Replies

Hi everyone!im a dentist in Ukraine,graduated from a dental school last year.I had experience working as a dentist and also i've been working as a...

Updated 57 months ago

Continuing Education Hours - 6 Replies

I have just gotton my RDA and i am having a huge problem with getting my continuing education hours because everyone wants at least one hundred bucks...

Updated 57 months ago

To be a dental asst is a bad idea! - 2 Replies

I have to disappoint you...all dentists have mental problems. I am a Dental Asst for 7 years, and unfortunately, I never met normal dentists in my...

find another profession

If u are young find another profession until it's not late!

JFCV2922 in Lowell, Massachusetts

Porter and chester

Has anyone ever attended Porter and Chester? They are only located in mass and conn. I am just wondering if anyone has had any experices with them,...

Mariel J in Simi Valley, California

Dental Assistant Schools

I am trying to decide which school to attend for dental assisting. There is an ROP in my area that I am very interested in, as well as a community...

JFCV2922 in Lowell, Massachusetts

Becoming a DA in Massachusetts

Hello..so I am confused! I want to become a Certified Dental Assistant but I'm unsure of where to go for my education. In mass the only DANB...

AprilNichole02 in Ellenwood, Georgia

Updated 57 months ago

Can Some1 Help Me?? - 5 Replies

Hi my name is April and I live in the atlanta area. I have been a dental assistant since 2004. I have only had 2 employers and I am on great terms...

1984 in Tampa, Florida

Updated 58 months ago

Is dental assisting the career for me? - 1 Reply

I just became a dental assistant. I actually graduated college with a sociology degree and didnt know where to go from there. After some odd jobs I...

Nanlisa in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania

Updated 58 months ago

Dental Assisting Let down - 2 Replies

I have been out of school since November 3, 2007. I did my 6 week extern through High Tech Institute in Irving, Tx. I am still unemployed in the...

xyza in Allen, Texas

Information

Hi, I require some information. I was a patient of a dentist and some altercation occurred. One of the dentist assistant moved to a different...

Lora in La Jolla, California

Updated 58 months ago

Private Practice no overtime pay (illegal? or not) Ca - 3 Replies

I work in this private general dental practice M~thursday. I work about 10 hours a day (not counting lunch which would make it an 11 hour day work)....

Ashlie in El Cajon, California

Updated 58 months ago

How to gain experience. - 6 Replies

How are you supposed to get a job as a expanded duties dental assistant? When everyone wants you to be experienced how can you gain experience when...

NinaB in Seattle, Washington

Updated 58 months ago

job change - 1 Reply

I am an RDA, I live in Nj and am interested in a job in NY, does anyone know what i have to do to practice in NY Thanks!

NinaB in Seattle, Washington

RDA moving to NYC, any info?

Hi everybody. I'm contemplating moving to NYC and for the life of me I cant find any info or anybody who would tell me what is average to upper pay...

Michelle in Canal Winchester, Ohio

Questions about Dental Asissting in Los Angeles, CA?

Hi, I'm thinking about becoming a licensed Dental Assistant in Ohio. I know that HERE you have to work as a Dental Assistant for at least 2 years...

cstarr19lb

Updated 59 months ago

Online Dental Assistant Schooling - 14 Replies

I have been considering enrolling in an online dental assistant program that can be completed in 9 months or more. Has anyone ever done that? Is it...

janki in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Updated 59 months ago

Dental Xray License: - 2 Replies

PLEASE HELP ME!! I just now joined this site and am in need of some serious assistance. I'm in the dental assisting/admnistrative prospective area...

dental-WONDER in Genoa City, Wisconsin

Updated 59 months ago

discouraged about dental assisting - 13 Replies

i went to a fast program school for dental assisting i am doing my externship right now and should be done in a couple of weeks..in school i loved...

Allisha in Apollo, Pennsylvania

Updated 59 months ago

Dental Assisting in PA - 1 Reply

I start a dental assisting program begining in the fall. It'll take me 3 semesters. I was really excited to start all of this until reading half of...

dentalWONDER in Genoa City, Wisconsin

Updated 59 months ago

DENTAL ASSISITING ? - 2 Replies

I HAVE BEEN IN A DENTAL OFFICE FOR NUMEROUS YEARS AS AN ASSISTANT BU I DO NOT HAVE RADIOLOGY ,EXPANDED FUNCTIONS OR CERTIFICATION....I'VE BASICALLY...

VinnyVstar in Phelan, California

Updated 60 months ago

Law and ethics??????? - 1 Reply

SO ITS BY LAW NOW TO TAKE THE LAW AND ETHICS TEST....HAS ANYONE TAKEN IT??? WHAT DO THEY ASK??? HELP MY TEST IS THIS FRIDAY!!!!! PLEASE CONTACT ME AT...

traintrain in Antioch, California

Updated 60 months ago

Finding an NON- registered D.A job in Minnesota.HELP!!!!!! - 1 Reply

I attended a program and obtained an AAS in Dental Assisting last fall. We were in a different state. We're here in Minnesota now and I really would...

iloveteeth in Sacramento, California

Updated 60 months ago

salary - 1 Reply

i'v allways worked for a corporation rather than private office and will like to have feedback about priv-offc.

Updated 60 months ago

Any Single Dental Assistants out there? 805 California - 1 Reply

Im single and I work all the time Monday through Saturday fulltime and I dont have much time to go out. I told myself it looks like the only way Im...

Updated 60 months ago

A DENTIST NOW A DENTAL ASSISTANT LIVING IN OREGON - 7 Replies

Hi! I used to be a Dentist graduated in the year 1995 in my country in the Philippines. I have been living now in Beaverton, Oregon for the past 5...

dentalGURU2009 in Genoa City, Wisconsin

Updated 60 months ago

moving from NY to NJ - 4 Replies

My wife and I are moving from New York to New Jersey. She is a Certified dental assistant with almost 13 years of experience. What would she need...

Donnete in Jamaica, NY, New York

Dental Assistant schools

I have a huge gap from now until next year to start college. I would like to attend a Dental assistant program that is not too expensive and last...

dentalGURU2009 in Genoa City, Wisconsin

Updated 61 months ago

I am a RDA in Texas what do I need to do to dental assist in Kentucky? - 1 Reply

Please help. Thanks

Lora in La Jolla, California

Updated 61 months ago

Less and less job ads for Hygiene - 1 Reply

Have you noticed that if you search "dental" on Craig's list there are not that many postings for hygienists. You think it's because assistants...

Raingirl2001 in Lakewood, New Jersey

RDA CDA In AZ

Hey out there! I was hoping if someone could help me out with this one. I have an X-ray license in NJ but am looking to apply for RDA and CDA courses...

jeaner in Madison, New Jersey

Ny license

I am an RDA in new jersey and want to take a job in NY, what do i have to do to practice in NY? Do i have to take a test? Thanks

sharon in Macedon, New York

moving to Huston Texas

We are moving to Huston TX, from Rochester NY. on all the salary searches it say the pay for a DA is so much higher. What is the normal rate with 9...

jasondentalassitant in Santa Maria, California

Whats up to all the D.A's in the 805

jason d. just saying hello. jasondentalassistant@hotmail.com

Page: « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.