Anybody working / has worked in a prison?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

quiksilver02x in Fairfield, California

75 months ago

My girlfriend works in a small office as an RDA, I believe, and is getting ready to move on. She has been considering a job at a prison in Sacramento, CA, but is uncertain about whether or not she would be compatible with the working environment.

Does anybody have any advice/experience?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

dee in Arlington, Virginia

75 months ago

I currently work in the county jail which has it's own set of rues and regulations. Their is an orientation process that you will attend to help acclimate you to the jail/prison environment. Working in a prison requires that you keep your guard up at all times. There are some case histories on the internet that might be helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Kristy in Bismarck, North Dakota

75 months ago

quiksilver02x in Fairfield, California said: My girlfriend works in a small office as an RDA, I believe, and is getting ready to move on. She has been considering a job at a prison in Sacramento, CA, but is uncertain about whether or not she would be compatible with the working environment.

I have been working in our state penitentiary for approx. 2 years and I love it. I'm a 33yr old female with 2 children, a single mother, I am safer there than in the general public. I went through the officers training, I also got my weapons qualification to work the towers for extra hours. You are trained for the unexpected and have guards there to help you. You don't have a radio on hand in the general public to call for help, but you do have many options for help in the prison. I've found that the inmates have a great deal of respect for you, however; beware of the staff shoppers, they will try to get you to "promise" things, don't promise anything to anyone!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mena in Sacramento, California

68 months ago

dee in Arlington, Virginia said: I currently work in the county jail which has it's own set of rues and regulations. Their is an orientation process that you will attend to help acclimate you to the jail/prison environment. Working in a prison requires that you keep your guard up at all times. There are some case histories on the internet that might be helpful.

Hey Im goin to school right now for RDA and I also want to work at the Sacramento County Jail..how would I go through the process?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

kelley in Yuba City, California

33 months ago

how do u apply at the prison for a RDA job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

caligirl in San Pablo, California

20 months ago

quiksilver02x in Fairfield, California said: My girlfriend works in a small office as an RDA, I believe, and is getting ready to move on. She has been considering a job at a prison in Sacramento, CA, but is uncertain about whether or not she would be compatible with the working environment.

hey quicksilver,

did your girlfriend get the job at the prison? i was interested in doing the same as well. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

RDAJenny in sacramento, California

20 months ago

I was also considering working in the prisons. From the sounds of it you are paid well and have benefits. Do the prisons utilize RDAEF's?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.