Comments (1 to 50 of 60)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

dentalGURU2009 in Genoa City, Wisconsin

53 months ago

Are you kidding me??? *sigh*

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (67) Reply - Report abuse

haiku30 in Santa Ana, California

53 months ago

Thanks for your useless post. I'm studying to be a DA and already intern in an office.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

1984 in Tampa, Florida

53 months ago

I think that mostly depends on the licensing board, have you contacted them? It also depends on your employer as well, some don't do background checks, and only care that you are valuable employee. Since it's been 10 years, have you looked into getting your record sealed or expunged?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

haiku30 in Santa Ana, California

53 months ago

No, But I'll look into it. I've worked for Wells Fargo, Survival Ins. and other big businesses and none have ever done a background check on me as far as I know. Thanks for the reply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Nonya in Kansas City, Missouri

53 months ago

Here in Missouri you have to wait 5 years after your felony conviction. I looked it up on the internet. Hope this is helpful!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

haiku30 in Costa Mesa, California

52 months ago

Thanks. I actually did a background search on myself and nothing came up. It has been 11 years so maybe most searches dont go back that far. Thanks for the encouragement.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kokoluv7 in El Cajon, California

52 months ago

we all need some from time to time.send me a message if you come across any more useful info

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

haiku30 in Costa Mesa, California

52 months ago

I will. Are you on facebook?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

kokoluv7 in El Cajon, California

52 months ago

yes i am actually. just use my email kokoluv777sd_sweety@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Haiku30 in Costa Mesa, California

52 months ago

Haha good one guru.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kat in Seminole, Florida

52 months ago

Since you live in California you might be ok.It is a more liberal state.Here in Florida they do background checks to be a waitress.It is sad we live in such a country that holds any and all infractions against us for life.Even crimes committed before age 18 are no longer sealed or hidden.I knew a girl that stole a car and sold pot at age 15.Now she can't pass a background check.We condeme everyone that isn't perfect according to society and legal standards.To the angry man that is going into legal work ,I feel sorry for him and all he comes in contact with.He has so much anger and sees only the negative in people and in life.This is common in those that have been cops,lawyers,prison gaurds.Most of what they see in life is bad and ugly,so that negative energy turns them bad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lynne in Glendale, Arizona

52 months ago

In California, you do not have to list any drug convictions past 2 years after they occur. It is still a felony and will come up on National databases if you ever live CA. If it was a first and only offense, why dont you just have it expunged and it will go away for ever and you will not have to worry about it anymore. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

Maybe I will. I did a couple background checks on myself and it came up clean, so I'm not worried about it. It was 11-12 years ago.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

1984 in Tampa, Florida

52 months ago

Just because it doesn't show up for you, doesn't mean it won't show up for a potential employer. Especially if they run a federal background check - and some do. Basically, if an employee really wants to dig up dirt on you they can still find your record easily if you don't have it sealed or expunged. There are varying degrees of background checks, some which have no limit in the amount of years they can go back. I wouldn't take the matter lightly - just offering some friendly advice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

I've talked to the office manager of the office I work at and in CA, Most employers do a standard 7 year background check, some MAY go back 10 years.I'm not trying to get a job with the CIA. I'm not trippin and I dont take the matter lightly, I'm just not at all worried about it anymore. I've worked for big companies in the past and never had a problem.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

1984 in Tampa, Florida

52 months ago

I wouldn't have suspected you'd be trying to join the CIA. Growing pot kind of gave that away. Just sayin.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

Well, lets face it, It is not likely that a small dental office is gonna do a federal background check for a DA job. That would be rare.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jason in Oldfort, Tennessee

52 months ago

does anyone know if you can be a dental assistant in tn after being convicted of a felony drug charge if completed probation never went to prison and never been in any other trouble except a few misdemeanors

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

kokoluv7 in Justice, Illinois

52 months ago

some people dont make mistakes in their lives. they live in a world of perfection where nothing goes wrong. for those that live in a more harsh reality most people wonder why of all the potential we have to become a success story in our earlier lives we chose to do the wrong things. maybe with better guidance it would be possoble. judge a rapist and a murderer or a crackhead that abandoned their kids dont judge us for wanting more for ourselves.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jasondentalassitant in Santa Maria, California

52 months ago

Go for it, believe in yourself, and in God.
Work hard and dont give up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

candace cross in Lancaster, California

51 months ago

i just got charged with a felony for possesion of marijuana, the funny thing is that i don't even smoke weed, anyways i was interested in going to school to be a dentle assistant, will this be a problem??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

candace cross in Lancaster, California said: i just got charged with a felony for possesion of marijuana, the funny thing is that i don't even smoke weed, anyways i was interested in going to school to be a dentle assistant, will this be a problem??

Did you not just read all the response in this thread? Will going to school to be a DA be a problem? no.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Riley in Copperopolis, California

51 months ago

Does anyone know how important it is to attend an accredited dental assisting program, or is any dental assisting program suffucient? I am checking into vocational, ROP programs and technical schools, any adivice is appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

Save yourself 10k and go to ROP.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Riley in Copperopolis, California

51 months ago

Thanks for the input, I was thinking that would be the best route to go.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kaka5235 in Kansas City, Missouri

51 months ago

I admire everyone on these posts that are trying to better themselves after experiencing something so difficult. I too am a felon. My felony was in the state of Texas, which is one of (or possibly the worst) state you could ever find yourself in a compromising situation. My information to everyone is something that I think is usefull. I was sentenced to "straight" probation. I was unaware at the time that you cannot get your record expunged when you are given straight probation. So my record will be with me for the rest of my life. I have tried everything to get a job. Telling the truth, telling a lie, getting hired and then being fired for having a conviction. Or even worse telling the truth before being offered the position but then the company backing out because the background check was completed and the company "just can't" employ me per company standards. I have even held temporary positions and even those are slim pickings and low paying. I think the Dental Assistant is a great idea. I am not too keen on working everyday in someone's mouth, but if it will give me stability and a job, I will do what I have to. Good luck to everyone!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

greysaddict in Texas

51 months ago

@Haiku30 or anyone familiar with Wells Fargo. When u were employed with them, was it within the 10 years of your felony? My husband has become a potential hire and has a felony. It was 13 yrs ago in Arkansas. But since then has gone on to college and got his BBA. I was wondering if u knew how many years they go back? Sucks cuz this is always haunted him & he's worked so hard to put all that behind him.

Yas in Decatur, Georgia

51 months ago

Wow... I can't believe how many people are convicted felonys. I have just recently been convicted of a felony, one count for conspiracy. It was a bank fraud case. I am a 3rd year college student, and I am currently working in a periodontist office as a assistant. I want to go to dental school and was wondering if that is still a possibility? If anyone has any answers if you can please let me know. I have done some research but have not received a solid answer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

greysaddict in Texas

51 months ago

@ Yas, my advice to you is that as soon as all ur probabation has been served and done then u need to start finding out the process to have your records sealed and expunged. The sooner u start that process the better because it will take some time. My husbands felon was almost 13 years ago. No one told him that u can get it wiped out and sealed until 4 yrs ago when he finished college, got a good job then got fired from it for his background. When I spoke to the state pardon coordinator she said that his first and maybe even his second time applying for it he might get denied. But eventually it will happen. Some states may required u to wait almost 5 years before you can start the process. It's ridiculous cuz there are, may not be too many, but there are people out there who made their mistakes, did their time and have worked hard to overcome it but the goverment will not allow them to be fully rehabilitated. Anyhoo, hope this helps a little.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sky1 in Irving, Texas

50 months ago

I have just been charge with a felony but after I complete probation it will drop to a misdemeanor A and Im going to school
for dental assist will they let take the test to become license.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

raymond in Rosemead, California

49 months ago

ive been to prison in ca on parole and barley dischared in 07
i also have a [poss of weed ] and still got my job have any questions email me at maldonadoraymond3969@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Felony follows me like a shadow in Grand Junction, Colorado

49 months ago

dentalGURU2009 in Genoa City, Wisconsin said: Are you kidding me??? *sigh*

I dont think you know what kind of DA he or she was talking about. There are more than one DA's...lol..think hard about that one....DENTAL ASSISTANT!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

raymond in Rosemead, California said: ive been to prison in ca on parole and barley dischared in 07
i also have a [poss of weed ] and still got my job have any questions email me at maldonadoraymond3969@yahoo.com

The email you put up is not working, I want to send you an email. Can you fix it?

49 months ago

greysaddict in Texas said: @Haiku30 or anyone familiar with Wells Fargo. When u were employed with them, was it within the 10 years of your felony? My husband has become a potential hire and has a felony. It was 13 yrs ago in Arkansas. But since then has gone on to college and got his BBA. I was wondering if u knew how many years they go back? Sucks cuz this is always haunted him & he's worked so hard to put all that behind him.

More than likely a work background check will not go past 7 years. If it does show up, have hime explain that it was so long ago that he just totatly forgot, "because it hasn't been a part of his life for so long".

WATCH UR LIP PUNK

46 months ago

I HOPE SO I GOT A FELONY FOR AWOL 87 DAYS I SERVERD 1 YEAR IN JAIL FOR IT SO I FEEL I PAID THE PRICE DONT COMMENT ON MY CHARGE PLZ ATLEAST I WENT TO THE ARMY ALOT OF PEOPLE TALK Smack BUT THEY NEVER DID anything TO HELP , ATLEAST I DID IT FOR AWHILE AND SEE WHAT I HAVE AND THEN YOU MIGHT UNDERSTAND . YEAH MY FELONY IS NOT EVEN IN FLA LAWS BUT STILL I HOPE SO BC IM 25 AND WANT TO MAKE SOMETHING OF MY SELF . I WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK. THE GUY THAT LEFT YOU A BAD COMMENT I GUESS HE WOULD LIKE YOU TO GIVE YOU AND JUST START DOING BAD Stuff. IM JUST SAYING HES TRYING HES BEEN GOOD FOR 10 YEars nd for pot really guy you make it sound like he killed a family anyway best of luck , you can do anything you want ...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

WATCH UR LIP PUNK in Mount Dora, Florida

45 months ago

Smileysuzie in redwing, Minnesota said: Are you the product of public schools, or a drop-out maybe? At least have a resume professionally written. Just saying........

LOL YOU ARE A FUNNY GUY WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO IT IF I SAW YOU OUT IN THE STREET YOU WOULDNT KNOW WHAT TO DO . EVERYBODY IS HARD OVER THE INTERNET HAHAH GOOD JOKE SO WHY YOU SIT AT HOME TONIGHT TOUCHING YOUR SELF BC YOU ARE A NERD AND HAVE NO LIFE YOU CAN THINK ABOUT THIS , AND TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION NO SMART GUY YOU GOTTA FINISH HIGH SCHOOL TO ENTER INTO THE ARMY , SO IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO RUN YOU MOUTH SOME MORE , I STAY IN PEMBROKE PINE FL . ILL GIVE YOU MY EMAIL , YOU WANNA GET INTO THIS YOU BETTER UNDERSTAND I AM A FELONY AND HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE , SO DO USE ALL A FAVOR GO BACK INTO YOUR HOLE CRAB . THANK YOU AND HAVE A GREAT DAY

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Wendy in Jeffersonville, Indiana

45 months ago

Seems like everyone on this board is from California. My felony is a drug trafficking charge from Florida. June 20th 2005, but I wasnt sentenced till June 6th of 2006. So Ive been convicted for a little over 4 years now. (I was 17, judge if you will, does not hurt my feeling, and thats not why Im here) as well as many of you, Ive been hired and fired after having my background check come back to haunt me every time. I'm starting dental assisting classes soon, and I hope Indiana Laws for this profession dont haunt me like every other entry level job out there.

Good luck to everyone for trying to better themselves.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ColeyCol

45 months ago

Can anyone help me? I live in CA. I was offered a job at wells Fargo pending the background check. I have a misdemenor that was expunged about 7 years ago. When I had my cop friend pull up my background he told me there were no arrest on my record. I'm worried I won't pass the finger print test that I'm having done tomorrow. Does anyone know if they can pull it up on my record even if it was expunged? Please help! I'm stressing out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mama in San Jose, California

41 months ago

Well, I got a question too.. My husband is a 3 time convicted felon, and all related to weed charges. He is enrolled in college and wants to become a dental hygenist. So, is it worth it to go through all the requirements and the hygeine program? He got convicted last year in march.. I'm trying to do some research and see what I could find

Escott_j

40 months ago

Mama in San Jose, California said: Well, I got a question too.. My husband is a 3 time convicted felon, and all related to weed charges. He is enrolled in college and wants to become a dental hygenist. So, is it worth it to go through all the requirements and the hygeine program? He got convicted last year in march.. I'm trying to do some research and see what I could find

I would contact the state dental board where his wishes to set up his practice and inquire of them.

I graduated the Top of my Dental Assistant class in 1988. I am a felon and have not worked in a dental office yet...

Now, as a Paralegal (Graduate Blackstone School of Law, Dallas, TX 2002)one has a greater chance of being of value!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

**KAT** in Hollywood, Florida

39 months ago

Hey, I just turned 22yrs old and had got into a bit of trouble within the last couple yrs. i have never been convicted of a felony charge but, have gotten felony charges with judication with-holds on all of them. Marijuana over 20grams, Poss of Alprolazon, Vicaden, and so on but, i was never found guily on any or sent to prison just a probation sentence which is completed and closed can i still be a dental assistant i need to find out before i pursue this as a start off career. Does it still pop up bc on applications it asks if id ever been convicted or misdemeanor or felony and i alwayz put No telling the truth will these felonys that im not convicted of interfere with my future? plzzzz answer me any1 who knows or have been thru this

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

citrine631 in Edgewater, Florida

39 months ago

I know what everyones saying. I'm trying to get a degree but am still deciding on a major. I have 3 misdemeaners but a ton of arrests from ages 18-23, I'm 24 now and trying to get my act together.Could I be a Paralegal with more ease than in the medical field?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Amanda in Felton, Delaware

39 months ago

eww

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mikedomes in Fontana, California

38 months ago

Haiku30 in Costa Mesa, California said: Save yourself 10k and go to ROP.

what exactly do you mean by rop im in (california)
also if you can help me out i was convicted of drug sales charge 4 years ago. my so called friend left drugs in my car and got pulled over anyhow
im going to to start school in between software development or dental hygienist what ever gives me a better chance to have a decent job. if i choose dental hygienist what steps should i make.

assistant in Atlanta, Georgia

38 months ago

mikedomes in Fontana, California said: what exactly do you mean by rop im in (california)
also if you can help me out i was convicted of drug sales charge 4 years ago. my so called friend left drugs in my car and got pulled over anyhow
im going to to start school in between software development or dental hygienist what ever gives me a better chance to have a decent job. if i choose dental hygienist what steps should i make.

dental game is great no back round checks unless u work with kids great money easy hrs and its the same thing over and over

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ebony5808 in Victoria, Texas

38 months ago

I live in victoria tx and I recieved my RDA in corpus christi, but have been unable to find a job because of my felony....and mines 4yrs old

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tammygrote in Gardner, Kansas

38 months ago

assistant in Atlanta, Georgia said: dental game is great no back round checks unless u work with kids great money easy hrs and its the same thing over and over

what is dental game?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ashley in Mesa, Arizona

37 months ago

Depending on what your felony was for, you might want to seek employment where you don't have to come in contact with people. Perhaps a call center? Maybe you should go to college for 4 years, keep an entry level job and maybe someone will take a chance on you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

michelle in Huntington Beach, California

36 months ago

I am currently going to school (completeing 1 year so far) working towards an AA degree but would love to become a Registered Dental Hygienist eventually earning a Bachelors Degree. I had worked as a Dental Assistant/dental x-ray tech off an on for about 15-20 years. I have always felt defeated (because of my past mistakes) in wanting to work towards a Bachelors of Science in the Dental Hygiene field. I have no violence, 2 drug felony charges, some misdemenor charges. I am aware of steps you can take regarding expongement/sealing your record, would these steps help in pursuing my goals. Is there anything I can do to work towards my dream. I maintain a 3.8 GPA average, I love school, and want to become the woman and mother GOD intended me to be. Can anyone please give me honest advise on what I should do. If this is not something that will work out for me could someone please give me honest advise as to what would be a positive direction for myself to work towards. Basically this is all for my daughter, I want to give my daughter a normal life in which she and all children deserve. I want to make her proud and all the chances other children get with the help of their parents. (this is for myself too, but our children do come first) PLEASE HELP!!!! Love, Michelle

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

michelle in Huntington Beach, California

36 months ago

I am currently going to school (completeing 1 year so far) working towards an AA degree but would love to become a Registered Dental Hygienist eventually earning a Bachelors Degree. I had worked as a Dental Assistant/dental x-ray tech off an on for about 15-20 years. I have always felt defeated (because of my past mistakes) in wanting to work towards a Bachelors of Science in the Dental Hygiene field. I have no violence, 2 drug felony charges, some misdemenor charges. I am aware of steps you can take regarding expongement/sealing your record, would these steps help in pursuing my goals. Is there anything I can do to work towards my dream. I maintain a 3.8 GPA average, I love school, and want to become the woman and mother GOD intended me to be. Can anyone please give me honest advise on what I should do. If this is not something that will work out for me could someone please give me honest advise as to what would be a positive direction for myself to work towards. Basically this is all for my daughter, I want to give my daughter a normal life in which she and all children deserve. I want to make her proud and all the chances other children get with the help of their parents. (this is for myself too, but our children do come first) PLEASE HELP!!!! Love, Michelle

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.