Can a felon become a dental assistant?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 56 of 56)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

amyatwood in Union, Kentucky

39 months ago

haiku30 in Santa Ana, California said: Thanks for your useless post. I'm studying to be a DA and already intern in an office.

so does this mean your a felon? I have been going to dental assisting school for 6 months now and coming up on my externship, so I was really needing some positive feedback. My felony is 7 years old.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

LaVerne in Bolivia, North Carolina

37 months ago

I am a convicted felon (for drug paraphenalia) Went to school and
became a Certified Dental Assistant in Phoenix, AZ. I was told that
I could never get any job but a Dental Asst. I want to go on to become a Dentist but need to work to put myself through College. Is this really true? Or is that only in AZ? I did my time and have
gone on to do things I never thought I could do. Please tell me that I can, CAN make this change for the good. If not, is it worth
it if I can only make $9 to $10 an hour? When one of us does good after bad why can't people accept this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No Reply - Report abuse

Typical hispanic

37 months ago

I was convicted of 2nd degree robbery, terror threats both felonys. Did almost 3 yrs in state prison I've been out for almost a year . Being a dental ass. Caught my att. Comeing from.somebody thats an ex gang member and only 21 people tell me when I finish they won't hire me because of my record ? I'm gonna take r.o.p d.a but I'm scared ill pay 2,200 AMD.not hire me what do you guys think?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Dental Assisting Training Site in Los Angeles, California

20 months ago

Different states have different requirements. Many states that have a formal registration or licensing process do ask for a background check and any criminal history; however they usually do review your history and proof of any rehabilitation or how you've improved your life since the incident. You can find out about different requirements for each state at www.dentalassistanttrainingsite.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dental Assisting Training Site in Los Angeles, California

20 months ago

A mistake in the past doesn't always prevent you from getting a job. Different states have different requirements. Many states that have a formal registration or licensing process do ask for a background check and any criminal history; however they usually do review your history and proof of any rehabilitation or how you've improved your life since the incident.

Other states allow dental assistants to receive on the job training and start without any experience. the only person you'll have to convince is the dentist hiring you. If you present yourself well and are upfront and honest they may choose to overlook your past.

You can find out about different requirements for each state at www.dentalassistanttrainingsite.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

In need of a dental career in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

19 months ago

Well I live in tampa Florida I received a trafficking charge in 2011 of oxycodones 2-14 grams. I really want a career can someone comment on Florida n what they know of the requirements here

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.