"Can't find a entry level job as a DA I."

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (20)

Angel in Raleigh, North Carolina

67 months ago

Hello, I'm currently a DA I that is looking for a entry level position. I have had 4 interviews but, that is as far as I get.Everyone is looking for a DA II but, it's hard to become a DA II if no one wants to give you a chance. I'm currently working in a manufacturing job of 12 years which shows my commitment but, I still haven't progressed in the dental field. I want to give up but, that's not my character. I'm looking for work in Raleigh, NC or surrounding areas. I didn't realize that I would be so hard o start a great career.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Yes I am.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Martha L in Clearwater, Florida

66 months ago

Angel in Raleigh, North Carolina said: Hello, I'm currently a DA I that is looking for a entry level position. I have had 4 interviews but, that is as far as I get.Everyone is looking for a DA II but, it's hard to become a DA II if no one wants to give you a chance. I'm currently working in a manufacturing job of 12 years which shows my commitment but, I still haven't progressed in the dental field. I want to give up but, that's not my character. I'm looking for work in Raleigh, NC or surrounding areas. I didn't realize that I would be so hard o start a great career.

I really understand you. It is happening exactly the same to me. Who do we need to talk to?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

Dental Assistant 1.......... do you know now????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

1984 in Tampa, Florida

66 months ago

Yes, I Googled and found this:

www.ous.edu/dept/hr/classification-specs/positions/view/795

Don't have much helpful advice on your situation because there could be numerous reasons you are having difficulties. One being the job market (it's difficult for a lot of people). The second is without expanded functions training you're not as valuable to a dentist as those who are. It may be worth it to invest in additional education so that you are more marketable.

Best of luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

oldstudent724 in New York

66 months ago

attractive?! Wow...way to set women back 50 years...hahaha

Try a temp. agency!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

dentalGURU2009 in Walworth, Wisconsin

66 months ago

sad but true.....

bslippers in Saint Paul, Minnesota

66 months ago

You may wish to read some of my comments/suggestions in the forums section titled "I hate dental assisting". Good Luck to you. I mention a bit more about Dental Temping there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

belinda in Cary, North Carolina

46 months ago

I too just finished a DAI training program in Raleigh, NC. The temp agencies won't even take my resume because they only work with DAIIs. The staffing agencies keep tell me that they can't really help me because they never have clients asking for DAIs. I've tried to hand out my resume to offices and they request that I just email them because they are busy. I'm very frustrated! Most craiglist posts are scams too!

Cole in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

43 months ago

I finished my DA program two years ago. I have only had a handful of interviews but no job offer. Every ad I see want experience only and they make that very clear in their ads. I have called dentist offices asking to work for free. No reply. I have gone to temp agencies. No reply. No one will give me a chance. So, I am back doing what I was trying to escape from. And the sucky part of that is, I have alot of experience in this field but no one wants to pay anything. I make 5 dollar an hour less than what I did 4 years ago.The American job market is hell.

labnjab in Rochester, New Hampshire

43 months ago

Cole in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I finished my DA program two years ago. I have only had a handful of interviews but no job offer. Every ad I see want experience only and they make that very clear in their ads. I have called dentist offices asking to work for free. No reply. I have gone to temp agencies. No reply. No one will give me a chance. So, I am back doing what I was trying to escape from. And the sucky part of that is, I have alot of experience in this field but no one wants to pay anything. I make 5 dollar an hour less than what I did 4 years ago.The American job market is hell.

I know how you feel. I finished mine two years ago as well and no one will hire me either. It sucks.

DA1nNoJob in Elizabeth, New Jersey

39 months ago

Ive went to a dental assistant program two years ago and only got two jobs in it. I been on several or more interviews and no one wants to hire me. They say they want someone with experience but how can we get experience when they wont even give me a chance to practice more in the dentistry field? I would like to go back to school for another trade but i like to do dentistry.

PassionateDAI in Pinehurst, North Carolina

38 months ago

NC is a funny state to be a DA. I went to a local program that was one day a week (Saturday) for 11 weeks. I WISH WISH WISH I had done my research before spending that much money. Apparently in NC you MUST graduate from an accredited DA program to be a DAII, or have works for at least 2 years as a DAI. I fell in love with the proffession but could not get hired because everyone in my area as well as the surrouding areas prefer DAII.....so... I'm back to applying to DA programs to become a DAII.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mg in Apex, North Carolina

29 months ago

In the same exact boat. Very frustrating.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Hmooblis in Lompoc, California

29 months ago

Can I ask, but what is a da1 and da2?? Does this mean da1 is just dental assistant and da2 is registered dental assistant?

Efo7sn in Centreville, Virginia

11 months ago

Angel in Raleigh, North Carolina said: Hello, I'm currently a DA I that is looking for a entry level position. I have had 4 interviews but, that is as far as I get.Everyone is looking for a DA II but, it's hard to become a DA II if no one wants to give you a chance. I'm currently working in a manufacturing job of 12 years which shows my commitment but, I still haven't progressed in the dental field. I want to give up but, that's not my character. I'm looking for work in Raleigh, NC or surrounding areas. I didn't realize that I would be so hard o start a great career.

I'm in the same position. I went to a dental assisting technical school, and do not have experience, but I have shadowed and volunteered thinking that constituted as experience. I also have a Bachelors in biology. I wanted to become a dentist but I will not make that commitment yet mostly due to the cost. I am also considering dental hygienist school. I'm getting interviews for a dental assistant position but not landing the job unfortunately. So I started searching for "entry level" dental assisting positions, and I have seen some job posting and have applied so hopefully it works out. Even though it can be difficult in landing a job as an inexperienced dental assistant, do not be discouraged. I actually like the challenge in trying to find a job. Also pray so that God will lead you in the right direction, He does not want His people struggling. Have integrity and be honest. Hope this helps others who are in the same situation. God bless you all!

efo7sn in Centreville, Virginia

11 months ago

dentalGURU2009 in Genoa City, Wisconsin said: are you attractive? never seen a da that wasn't................just sayin'

That is why this country in particular is under a serious curse from God. Being attractive should not have to do with anything. Everyone tries to look their best, & race should not be an issue as well. We are all Americans but don't like each other and put all of our faith in stereotypes instead of trying to get to know the person for who they are and looking at their credentials. If you were a God fearing man or woman you should know this.

Veteran DA in Los Angeles, California

11 months ago

Efo7sn in Centreville, Virginia said: I'm in the same position. I went to a dental assisting technical school, and do not have experience, but I have shadowed and volunteered thinking that constituted as experience. I also have a Bachelors in biology . I wanted to become a dentist but I will not make that commitment yet mostly due to the cost. I am also considering dental hygienist school. I'm getting interviews for a dental assistant position but not landing the job unfortunately. So I started searching for " entry level" dental assisting positions, and I have seen some job posting and have applied so hopefully it works out. Even though it can be difficult in landing a job as an inexperienced dental assistant , do not be discouraged. I actually like the challenge in trying to find a job. Also pray so that God will lead you in the right direction, He does not want His people struggling. Have integrity and be honest. Hope this helps others who are in the same situation. God bless you all!

Hi there everyone in this forum!!

Have you been able to find a dental assisting job?
I'm a veteran dental assistant, I have a decade worth of experience in the dental industry... The reason I am sharing this is because I never struggled finding a job, even when I was just starting out. I figured out a way to get multiple interviews within a week.
I am curious to know how many people are in need of this knowledge...?

jimkonga in Blacksburg, Virginia

10 months ago

Efo7sn in Centreville, Virginia said: I'm in the same position.jimkongajim@gmail.com I went to a dental assisting technical school, and do not have experience, but I have shadowed and volunteered thinking that constituted as experience. I also have a Bachelors in biology . I wanted to become a dentist but I will not make that commitment yet mostly due to the cost. I am also considering dental hygienist school. I'm getting interviews for a dental assistant position but not landing the job unfortunately. So I started searching for " entry level" dental assisting positions, and I have seen some job posting and have applied so hopefully it works out. Even though it can be difficult in landing a job as an inexperienced dental assistant , do not be discouraged. I actually like the challenge in trying to find a job. Also pray so that God will lead you in the right direction, He does not want His people struggling. Have integrity and be honest. Hope this helps others who are in the same situation. God bless you all!

hidden in your msg...lol

jimkonga in Blacksburg, Virginia

10 months ago

jimkonga in Blacksburg, Virginia said: hidden in your msg...lol

cool.....

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.