Dental Assistants- Post your salary here Thread (Please be honest)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

KNEEC in Bronx, New York

38 months ago

I would like to start a thread where active Dental Assistants can post their salaries, especially if they've recently found a job. Dental Assistants who have several years experience are encouraged to post as well. This only applies to the United States and it's possessions.

Position: Dental Assistant, CDA, RDA, EFDA
Salary: $_______
State: _________
Years worked____
(If more than 5 years, state starting salary.)

This would give a good idea to prospective students and idea of the salary since Dental Assistant salaries varies according to state and it's rules.

This isn't meant to be intrusive, but since we are anonymous here - you need not worry. Payscale, etc are too broad, and I find that bls.gov exaggerates actual salaries. I believe this forum has many honest people =) & I wish everyone well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ocala, FL

38 months ago

Nice Idea :) - I've volunteered for a local dentist on andf off for 3 mo (around 150 hours so far) in a small town before deciding to get formal certification. $10/hr, no prior experience.

I wanted to post this website for those curious about base salaries by state...this is a good spot for it... Check out the map of the US everyone...
www.mckenziemgmt.com/managementtips/print/sally/PrintSallyArticle358.html

Karry in Lenoir, North Carolina

38 months ago

I quit being a dental assistant in 1998 and was making $14 in Union City Cal. I had 4 years experience and was an RDA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DA in California in California

14 months ago

DA for 1yr. $11/hr. as soon as I passed my RDA exams I went to $14/hr.

Lora in San Diego, California

13 months ago

My first job paid me $15 an hour. I had a few months internship experience, X-ray and Coronal Polishing certificates, but was still at college at that time. After I got my RDA license, the dentist raised my salary to $17 an hour. It was in the Bay Area.
My last job in San Diego paid me $21 an hour. I had 1.5-3 years experience. No pay raise in 1.5 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lacey in Tulsa, Oklahoma

12 months ago

I make $13 an hour and I have my X-ray and Coronal Polishing certificates. I have been working for about 8 months. This is my first job with no prior experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Rita in Houston, Texas

11 months ago

I started dental assisting in 1999 (age 22), never went to assisting school, just trained on the job, starting salary $7/hour. Got Xray and N20 State Board certified in 2000. Got about a $1 raise every year at most places I worked. I also did front desk but I hate it. I took my RDA certification online in 2007. I was making about $41k salary at my last job but I hated it and only 3% payraise a year if you begged nice enough. I took a year off last year and went back to work this January. Right now I'm making $20/hour (age 36). I'm getting too old for this.

dria in Millville, New Jersey

3 months ago

Position: Dental Assistant , CDA, RDA,
Salary: $16.00 hourly______
State: ___NJ______
Years worked__1__
(If more than 5 years, state starting salary.)

I just interviewed for a job in a large state run organization, they offered $15.00, then when I told them that was less than current salary, they said $15.50...NOT.

Still waiting for a raise from my current job.
Salaries certainly don't compare to the DANB standard,what they print in the literature that they send out!.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.