Dental Assistants- Post your salary here Thread (Please be honest)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Ocala, FL

43 months ago

Nice Idea :) - I've volunteered for a local dentist on andf off for 3 mo (around 150 hours so far) in a small town before deciding to get formal certification. $10/hr, no prior experience.

I wanted to post this website for those curious about base salaries by state...this is a good spot for it... Check out the map of the US everyone...
www.mckenziemgmt.com/managementtips/print/sally/PrintSallyArticle358.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lora in San Diego, California

19 months ago

My first job paid me $15 an hour. I had a few months internship experience, X-ray and Coronal Polishing certificates, but was still at college at that time. After I got my RDA license, the dentist raised my salary to $17 an hour. It was in the Bay Area.
My last job in San Diego paid me $21 an hour. I had 1.5-3 years experience. No pay raise in 1.5 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lacey in Tulsa, Oklahoma

18 months ago

I make $13 an hour and I have my X-ray and Coronal Polishing certificates. I have been working for about 8 months. This is my first job with no prior experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Rita in Houston, Texas

17 months ago

I started dental assisting in 1999 (age 22), never went to assisting school, just trained on the job, starting salary $7/hour. Got Xray and N20 State Board certified in 2000. Got about a $1 raise every year at most places I worked. I also did front desk but I hate it. I took my RDA certification online in 2007. I was making about $41k salary at my last job but I hated it and only 3% payraise a year if you begged nice enough. I took a year off last year and went back to work this January. Right now I'm making $20/hour (age 36). I'm getting too old for this.

dria in Millville, New Jersey

9 months ago

Position: Dental Assistant , CDA, RDA,
Salary: $16.00 hourly______
State: ___NJ______
Years worked__1__
(If more than 5 years, state starting salary.)

I just interviewed for a job in a large state run organization, they offered $15.00, then when I told them that was less than current salary, they said $15.50...NOT.

Still waiting for a raise from my current job.
Salaries certainly don't compare to the DANB standard,what they print in the literature that they send out!.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

EllieDav in Coweta, Oklahoma

5 months ago

Position: Dental Assistant, EFDA
Salary: $15
State: OK
Years worked: 2

Here, most Doctors will give you a $1 raise for every certificate you get. So I started at $12 and ended up at $15 once I got my polishing, nitrous, sealant. I got my radiation in DA school, so without that, I suppose they would start you at $11.

LittleRedhead in Boulder, Colorado

1 month ago

Position: Dental Assistant
Salary: $15.10_______
State: _CO________
Years worked_2___

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.