Dental Software

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (32)

GA2thFairy in Macon, Georgia

79 months ago

Hi,

Currently my office is using Dentrix software. I love this dental program because it is easy to navigate since it is Windows-based.

I am curious about what dental software other offices are using. Is there something that you absolutely love/hate about your current dental programs?

Thanks for your input!
~Sheila

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ann in Seattle, Washington

78 months ago

I know alot of dental offices in the Oregon area uses Eaglesoft. Is there a different between Dentrix and Eaglesoft? Currently, my school only uses Eaglesoft.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Hey Ann,

It's good to hear from you!

Eaglesoft is the dental software offered through Patterson Dental and Dentrix is offered through Henry Schein. I believe that Patterson Dental has cornered the market on dental schools, so I'm not surprised that you are primarily using Eaglesoft.

I don't think there is a lot of difference between Dentrix & Eaglesoft. I've seen a demo of Eaglesoft at the Hinman Dental meeting in the past. Both of them, from what I know, are designed to make your practice more efficient and more profitable. Both of them are equiped to handle a wide variety of dental information.

What do you find to be the best (or worst) thing about the software you are familiar with?

~Sheila

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Missy in Scottsdale, Arizona

78 months ago

I love Dentrix, I think that it is the cutting edge of dental software! It easy to learn and user friendly! I think that this is the program that will optimize your pratice and give it that extra edge you are seeking! It will definatley make your practice explode! I have used Eagle Soft and my opinion is that it is a poor version of Dentrix! While they did their hardest to copy Dentrix they have failed miserably at it! You can still use products from Patterson but just don't get Eagle Soft!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Missy in Scottsdale, Arizona said: I love Dentrix, I think that it is the cutting edge of dental software! It easy to learn and user friendly! I think that this is the program that will optimize your pratice and give it that extra edge you are seeking! It will definatley make your practice explode! I have used Eagle Soft and my opinion is that it is a poor version of Dentrix! While they did their hardest to copy Dentrix they have failed miserably at it! You can still use products from Patterson but just don't get Eagle Soft!

Hi Missy,
Since you're using Dentrix, has your office gone completely paperless?
~Sheila

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Missy in Scottsdale, Arizona

78 months ago

Yes we have!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ann in Portland, Oregon

78 months ago

Shelia,

I find the Eaglesoft software to be a little confusing a little bit. It is Dentrix difficult?

Missy in Mesa, Arizona

78 months ago

I am actually at an office now that has Eagle Soft. I have used Dentrix for 7 years. I am trying to learn but prefer Dentrix for many different reasons. I definatley think that Dentrix is easier to learn. My dentist bought this office and it came with Eagle Soft. I have convinced her to change to Dentrix G3.

Missy in Mesa, Arizona

78 months ago

Awesome let me know if you have any questions!

Denise in Snellville, Georgia

64 months ago

Can someone tell me if you have to be apart of an office to use the Dentrix tutorial? I want to learn the software in order to find a better job and alot of offices want to have knowledge of it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ana Marie09 in Long Beach, California

61 months ago

ello. I'm certified dental assistant, I have been working for 2 years in the back office...but I always wanted to work in the front.
Right now I'm unemployment and I want to learn front the front office..I went and check to many shools for this matter.. but they don't have any course whatsoever from the front dental office..

I'm lost and I need to learn dental program..Where I have to go?? I'm happy of doing this course in home online..I had heard about eaglesoft..dentrix.. please need some help or clues//Thank youa

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Lizy Kooly in Desoto, Texas

60 months ago

how does eagle soft looks or dentrix, is it like a form on the computer for the patients to put there information in.

Brittany in Dallas, Georgia

58 months ago

I have used several dental software. I am currently using Dentrix at my office and I like it but I do miss parts of Eaglesoft. I have also used practiceworks and it is different but has thing within it that I like a lot. If I could combine all three I would.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anna S in Des Plaines, Illinois

58 months ago

Have anyone used DentiMax software? I am trying to figure out which software is the best in the market. please help!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lori in Salt Lake City, Utah

57 months ago

From what I have seen in looking for a job in the dental front office field, most offices are requiring Dentrix experience. In looking at the Dentrix website, they offer a learning software, manual & online on demand tutorials for anyone not already working in a dental office---such as a student or someone who is job searching. It only costs $50, so it's probably well worth the investment to be able to add that to your list of skills. I've got a couple leads in the works for a job right now, but if they don't pan out, I think I'm going to order it myself. I've been out of the dental field for too long and need to brush up on my skills.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jake Stockton in Orem, Utah

57 months ago

Woah, sorry about the anchor text. It looks like it's not supported.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sue

56 months ago

I am looking at using this software but they are telling my I have to use their credit card provider. Is this true? I was thinking we just have to add a gateway to the mix. ANy thoughts

Ka Yang in Plant City, Florida

54 months ago

Hi, I am currently in school for dental assisting and would like to know if there are any dental software demos for free. This would benefit my classroom much!! THANKS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

SA in Toronto, Ontario

48 months ago

Nikos Aleksakis in Thessaloníki, Greece said: You can download Dent-O-Soft from this site: www.dentist.gr/

It is free for 60 days. We where also using it at the university and I think that they offer a free academic version of their software.

Hi,

Do they have dental hygienist in Greece

Marsha in Palm Harbor, Florida

44 months ago

I just ordered the Dentrix Tutorial DVD, It came to $ 70.00 FYI Hopefully will help, I have been a DA for many years, & trying to find a job now is very difficult without software experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

jorogerscounts@live.com in Arnold, Missouri

43 months ago

Ana Marie09 in Long Beach, California said: ello. I'm certified dental assistant, I have been working for 2 years in the back office...but I always wanted to work in the front.
Right now I'm unemployment and I want to learn front the front office..I went and check to many shools for this matter.. but they don't have any course whatsoever from the front dental office..

I'm lost and I need to learn dental program..Where I have to go?? I'm happy of doing this course in home online..I had heard about eaglesoft..dentrix.. please need some help or clues//Thank youa

I am doing the same thing. You can order books on Administrative dental Assistant. It comes with the dentrix program for practice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

mishelle in San Jose, California

43 months ago

jorogerscounts@live.com in Arnold, Missouri said: I am doing the same thing. You can order books on Administrative dental Assistant. It comes with the dentrix program for practice.

Hello,
could you please tell me or post a link to where you ordered your books from?
thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tim in Rancho Cordova, California

43 months ago

I'm presently using Eagle Soft and will soon be checking into changing over to Dentrix. Eagle Soft has a lot of bugs in it. Simple stuff like you can't chart an OL filling on an upper molar without it breaking it up into what looks like 2 filling. We as dentists all know the distal pit is connected to the lingual grove and not the central pit of an upper molar. Eagle Soft doesn't know that. The biggest problem is the software is not able to run on the latest 64 bit computers or MicroSoft 7 with out a lot of problems. The biggest problem is you can't back up the data. I'm one of those dentist who never trust my back up. If I can't restore it on my home computer and get the lastest up date to what I left at the office then I know it did not work as a back up. I pity the dentist who backs up any software and never tries to restore it until his server dies and then finds out the backups were not done right. Well with Eagle Soft you can not cut and paste the Data file and have a functioning restored software. The first thing I notice is the schedule did not get restored. My IT Tech says, "Yup, that's Eagle Soft." I have been paying Patterson $149/monthly for tech support and the yearly update of the software. I was hoping they would solve some of these problems with the software updates. They say they release version 16 slowly to not swamp the tech support people. Here it is 6 months later and I still have not received the update. My tech person says because the update has a lot of problems. So I'm going to send them a notice, "Why am I paying for $149/month for not update?" Dentrix has been around a lont time. I was drawn to Eagle Soft because it's free you only pay for the monthly support but if you want any additions you pay for everything. They get the money out of you one way or the other. I would advise anyone to go with Dentrix. There are more bugs in than what I mentioned here and their tech support says, "Yeh that's a bug we need to fix".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dental software in Orem, Utah

39 months ago

i was looking for dental software, and i found www.curvedental.com, seems to work pretty well

Greg in Orem, Utah

39 months ago

GA2thFairy in Macon, Georgia said: Hi,

Currently my office is using Dentrix software. I love this dental program because it is easy to navigate since it is Windows-based.

I am curious about what dental software other offices are using. Is there something that you absolutely love/hate about your current dental programs?

Thanks for your input!
~Sheila

I know the Dentist I go to uses curve dental as there <a href="www.curvedental.com">Dental Software</a> billing provider. They say it is easy to use and super efficient.

adwright in San Jose, California

39 months ago

Hello Everyone,

I'm currently taking a dental assisting class in San Jose, Ca. Sheila you're correct, we're using Eaglesoft. They are contemplating getting Dentix because in the area/location, most offices use Dentrix.

Vanessa in San Diego, California

33 months ago

The office I currently work at is beginning to do Eclaims. We currently use Easydental. im having major issue with starting from scratch,and entering all the insurance/employee information for each and every single patient. Does anyone know where i can get Easy Dental training out of the office, on my own??????

Rashelly66 in Gresham, Oregon

32 months ago

I practiced Dental Hygiene for 20+ years. Due to an accident in 2006, I am no longer able to practice. My love of the dental field keeps "biting" at me. I am cross-trained, but have no experience with either Eaglesoft or Dentrix programs. Where can one turn to in order to gain the necessary experience required for offices currently hiring?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Rashelly66 in Gresham, Oregon

32 months ago

Due to an accident in 2006, I am no longer able to practice dental hygiene-20+ years. My love of the dental field keeps "biting" at me. I was cross-trained, but have no experience with Eaglesoft or Dentrix. Offices hiring these days require this experience. Does anyone know where I can get the necessary experience needed to be hired?

John Rigen in Phoenix, Arizona

32 months ago

Hello

I wanted to ask if anyone has ever converted Eaglesoft to Dentrix?
- Cost?
- Any Problems, Issues or Concerns?
Thank you !

TheBestWayChris in Belgrade, Serbia

27 months ago

I use XPA3 Prolom software with the Serbian language.It's free and works for me perfectly.
I love this software :D
www.drMiladinovic.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Annetta Echols in Stone Mountain, Georgia

4 months ago

Annetta Echols in Lilburn, Georgia"]Can someone help me I want to learn Dentrix Software in order to find a better job. Most offices want you to already have knowledge of it . Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.