Everest college or no?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 354)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

karen from Arlington in Marysville, Washington

71 months ago

Salado in Seattle, Washington said: hey vika, i have graduated from Bryman college 2006 and i still do not have a job yet, and the 11 months dental prgram cost me 12,000 dollars. If someone would have told me, i would not have done it. oh yeah i also heard from one of my classmats that the school had to file bankrupcy and that's why they changed their names to Everest collge, a new owner ha haa....They don't care about you finding a job, just your money. i hope i was able to help a bit... good luck girl..

Bryman is a joke still don't have a job, graduated in 2007 wuth honors GPA 3.93 who cares. I cashier at Walmart p\t till I fine a D.A. position. Everyone wants 1-5 exp. those who are willing to take newbes are all in King county. hey what about snohomish county. I refuse to give up Hand delivered 34 cover letterS\resumes in one week. NO RESPONSE! kAREN

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (51) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Theresa in Los Angeles, California

66 months ago

Highly recommend ROP (Regional Occupational Program).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (33) Reply - Report abuse

Crystal in Temecula, California

66 months ago

I think the field you choose and were you live has a lot to do with finding work. I attended Bryman in 2005 for Medical Billing they found me a place where I had to do a no-pay internship for 30 days. The company where I did my internship in LA highered me At $17 an Hr to start, I was there for two years and I was making $19 an Hr when I left. Then I moved, but was unable to find a job that would pay me the same or better. Then, I finally found one a year after I moved but it's 40 miles away from home.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

still waiting..... in Newport News, Virginia

65 months ago

Ok, i dont know where to begin.... Ive always had a dream to be in the dental field... My teeth arnt the greatest and i have always wished to help persue others in having a great smile...who doesnt want that!??! anyways, i moved to the state of va to go to school for this since where i lived was in the middle of no where and i wanted the education due to being a stay at home mom. i wanted to better myself. I came here, found everest, signed all my paprer work and was so happy to be in college... well i graduated in may 08 as an ambassador with high honors,...and i am still jobless! they say they help you get a job, well im still waiting. I doubt they have even sent out the resume i gave them. The qaulity of so called education i recieved was soo not worth the 14,000 i owe in loans. so many of my friends i went to school with also dont have dental jobs! I regret ever going here, and if there is any way i can help someone else from making the same mistake i did, i will! If anyone has any questions for me, feel free to contact me... hope i helped!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (61) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

ionosphere in Seattle, Washington

65 months ago

mickie in Temecula, California said: i wish i came on here a long time ago! EVEREST COLLEGE SUCKS!!!!! i wish everyone could get together and SUE the heck outta them...but wait...theyve already been sued in the past...WHICH IS WHY they CHANGED their name from Bryman to EVEREST!! but of course they make you sign this paper once you sign up (along w/30 other pages...and in fine print it says "you agree that you wont sue everest college" what????????!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes!!!! DONT GO THERE B/C YOUR MONEY WILL BE WASTED. im paying all mine back now. it was a waste of time! they SUCK!

THEIR EXCESSIVE TV ADS SUCK BIG TIME!!! THEY MUST SPENDF ALL THEIR $$$ ON TV ADS. IT'S PATHETIC!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

done waiting in Toronto, Ontario

65 months ago

still waiting..... in Newport News, Virginia said: Ok, i dont know where to begin.... Ive always had a dream to be in the dental field... My teeth arnt the greatest and i have always wished to help persue others in having a great smile...who doesnt want that!??! anyways, i moved to the state of va to go to school for this since where i lived was in the middle of no where and i wanted the education due to being a stay at home mom. i wanted to better myself. I came here, found everest, signed all my paprer work and was so happy to be in college... well i graduated in may 08 as an ambassador with high honors,...and i am still jobless! they say they help you get a job, well im still waiting. I doubt they have even sent out the resume i gave them. The qaulity of so called education i recieved was soo not worth the 14,000 i owe in loans. so many of my friends i went to school with also dont have dental jobs! I regret ever going here, and if there is any way i can help someone else from making the same mistake i did, i will! If anyone has any questions for me, feel free to contact me... hope i helped!

Everest College is a waste of time even here in Canada. I wasted hard earned money only to be back in a government funded college.

I could not get a job, actually I never even had a interview.

It was the worst experience ever.

My advise go to a government or recognized college and earn a real diploma.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

And STOP theit tv ads!!!!!! Can't stand them!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Melz in Chicago, Illinois

64 months ago

i currently go to everest college (247 jackson & state) and i have to say that school is BACKWARDS! they have no order, the material taught isnt what you're supposed to learn. any good teacher breaking their neck to stand up for us and teach us properly gets fired. a great teacher, Dr. Karen Dunson, was fired last week for standing up for us massage therapy students. they were trying to cram us into clinicals and our hours werent going in like they were supposed to. that new ignoramus mr. mackey fired her for fighting for us. they didnt want to pay her right, nor did they honor her title. they kept calling her Ms. Dunson instead of Dr. she was really in the massage and chiropractor field. she actually KNEW what she was talking about, and she didnt give us a bunch of crap we didnt need. now she's gone, and in these last two mods, we have to fend for ourselves now. mods arent counted down right, they are forever changing things around. why i ever went there, i dont know, but this is the LAST time i enroll in ANYONE'S school, unless it's martial arts. at least i know i'd be getting good training and no one can fire my sensai for some bull.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

spunky2007 in Coldwater, Michigan

64 months ago

I went to Everest Institute in kalamazoo, mi i started in march of 2007 i finished i september i had the best teacher ever she taught us from her heart... but as for the rest of the school it was a joke they are not there to help you the just want you money, i still dont have a job and uit is the beging of january i feel that it weas a big wast of my time and moneyi have had one interveiw and they did not hire me they hire someone eles who had 1 year's exspirience that is rediculous .... if i could go back and make change everythig i would have never signed up not i'm payinf 12,000 and then sum back for an education that is doing me no good.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Sarah Weller in Everett, Washington

64 months ago

I am currently attending Everest College in Everett Wa. I actually really love it. I think the tuition is a little much but I feel like I have learned alot and my teacher is awesome! I think it's just a decision you will have to make on your own cause the experience is different for everyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (27) Reply - Report abuse

tyra87 in Phoenix, Arizona

64 months ago

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANYTHING TO REPORT ABOUT THE EVERST COLLEGE IN DALLAS TEXAS CAUSE I HOP ITS NOT EVERY SCHOOL THATS, THAT JACKED UP...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Everest.........for life

Haaaahaaaaahaaaahaaaaaaa....sucker

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Costa Mesa, California

63 months ago

I'm not in the dental field but I read that Corinthian Colleges/Everest College/Bryman School (they're all owned by the same company) were busted for fraud by the government and ordered to pay over $6 million to former students as part of a settlement. They falsified their hiring rates for graduates in order to entice prospective students and they provided false information to the state boards and other agencies that oversee such schools. They have had to dissolve a lot of their classes because they were substandard. Stay away from Everest and the others named above. Use Google keywords "Corinthian Colleges complaints" or "Everest Colleges complaints" and the same news stories should turn up. I've been searching for good programs for my girlfriend.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

Everyone who has been ripped off by Bryman/Everest/Corinthian, et al: are you not aware they were busted for fraud by the government last year? As part of the settlement they are required to pay over $6 million to compensate the many students who were cheated and lied to by these so-called "schools." Google it online and you will find the news stories about this as I did. They are crooks, bigtime!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

hector in Santa Ana, California

63 months ago

im in the mibc program in so cal...so far so good....but hard as fuxxx if anyone graduated frm this program and is succesfull please help me stay focoused and determind to finish this...i feel like this is all a bunch of crap!@!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Lee in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

63 months ago

EVEREST COLLEGE SUCKS!!!!! they should even be allowed to have them commercials. I was trying to go there for criminology and the course that I was taking had 15 student to start.. wound up with 4 that showed up when they wanted to. 1/2 the time there was never a kid in class but me..

dont waste your time,. OR MONEY.. EVEREST ROBBED ME OF MY EDUCATIONAL VALUES AND I HAD TO JOIN THE NATIONAL GUARD..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

RDA in San Leandro, California

62 months ago

There's a Eden Area ROP in Hayward,CA that offers a dental assistant program very reasonable priced.

Also a DA program at Mount Diablo/Vista Adult School in Concord,CA again very reasonable they even have pell grants if you qualify.

Hope this helps good luck to all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

R. Grayson in Pe Ell, Washington

62 months ago

It is interesting to note that most of the people who complain about not getting a job are lacking in basic English skills -- as demonstrated by their writing.

There is a reason we require four years of English to graduate from high school. If you can't write a paragraph with it being full of mistakes, who wants to hire you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

mommymichele in Westlake, Ohio

62 months ago

Well sir, I deeply apologize that you had to waste your time reading such terrible English...... I am not looking for a job, thats the last of my concerns... I was looking for help so that I COULD improve myself. Make sure you know the whole story before you try to make someone feel stupid...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

amlsi3 in Seattle, Washington

62 months ago

If anyone knows how to begin legal action against Bryman/Everest, I would love to know, I was never given an extern for my last month of school... therefore never graduated. I am now am struggling to find a way to pay my student loans. Any help would be awesome. They are very misleading, any one looking at attending this school I would think otherwise. My aunt also went to Bryman and she's babysitting in her home....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

To amlsi3 in Seattle, WA: Last year, California's Attorney General forced a $6.5 million settlement by Corinthian Colleges/Bryman College, Everest College/National Institute of Technology, with $5.8 million going to reimburse students who attended these schools. This was to settle a lawsuit alleging that these schools engaged in false advertising and unlawful business practices by presenting inaccurate salary and employment information to students. The State's news release, dated July 31, 2007, can be found at www.ag.ca.gov/newsalerts.

Obviously, you are in another state, but I would encourage you to complaint to your state's secondary school licensing agency, the agency that accredits private secondary schools in your state, your state's department of consumer affairs and your state's attorney general.

Judging from the comments posted here and elsewhere, the problems with Corinthian/Everest/Bryman/NIT schools are not confined to California.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

trey in Shelby, North Carolina

61 months ago

I have been reading everyones comments and I am so sorry that you have went through all that mess. Recently I was laid off from my job after 8yrs. and currently in school trying to enter the medical field.
Its really ashame the way they advantage of people who are only trying to better there lives.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

skeet in Chicago, Illinois

61 months ago

In reading these postings there are several things that stand out. It does matter how one reflects him or herself in writing. Most employers that are paying decent wages want employees whose skills are good in speaking and writing.
Additionally, it is never wise to only speak to the representative of a school or business to make your decision. This also applies to establishing relationships. It is always smart to ask someone else about this "hot" chick, job, school or opportunity.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

skeet in Chicago, Illinois

61 months ago

I wrote an entry a few days ago that I did not complete. I am seeking information from anyone who may have attended Bryman in Chicago for computer programming. I attended Aug/1981 - Feb/1982. The school also offered training in medical and dental assisting at 17 N. State Street, Chicago, IL and in Oak Park, IL.
Although I completed with a straight "A" average, the school did not assist me in gaining employment. However, I was able to get a referral from one of the instructors and got my first job.
But as I mentioned in an earlier E-mail, during my visit to the school I was checking them out as they were checking me out. I had taken an earlier course in computer programming and although I had not done well, I knew some questions to ask before I signed on the dotted line. At the start of the class I there were nearly thirty students. During the first week, I reasoned that half of them should have never been accepted and I encouraged them to withdraw to lessen what they would have to pay back. To make a long story short - there were only 10 that completed the course and only 3 got jobs.
And I agree with what some have said - you need to get a "real degree". some 20+ years later I am out of work and many doors are closed because I lack a 4 year degree or recent certification. Nevertheless, if someone has any information about the Bryman School of Computer Programming, Chicago, IL - please respond. I am hoping to somehow get a transcript or some proof of my attendance at this school. Any help is appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mellowyellow in Kitchener, Ontario

60 months ago

ionosphere in Seattle, Washington said: And STOP theit tv ads!!!!!! Can't stand them!!!!!

Oh I know They only play those damn Everest commercials about 50 frickin times a day really give it up guys enough is enough I mean seriously look at all your bad reviews I will simply never attend that college simply cuz you dont know how to play anything else on tv except those damn commercials!! STOP!!! GET IT? MAKE SENSE YET? PISS OFF! oh and by the way, during the time i've been posting this comment 2 Everest commercials have come on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

The tv stations must not give a damn about us viewers, to be subjecting us to constant Everest College ads. Whoever makes their ads are the worst in the business. The ads are the pits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Mommy2threegirls in Gilbert, Arizona

59 months ago

Went to Everest college in Gilbert, AZ. Complete JOKE!!! Got lied to left and right. Was actually excited to go back to school but had that all flushed away once I got into class. Five different teachers who teach very differently, one teacher who didnt even know what she was teaching. A director who doesnt even care and just makes you feel stupid all the time. A president who lies to you all the time. Staff who doesnt give you the time of day when you need help. They say they will help you find a job but if you cant get through a temp agency they say "well you should go out and hit the pavement" without even trying to help. They are professional liars over there. If there was any way I can start a lawsuit I would. I wasted thousands of dollars on nothing!! They lie about your salary in the field. It is just a joke. DO NOT GO TO EVEREST COLLEGE ANYWHERE!! I hear the same thing over and over.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tella in Ottawa, Ontario

59 months ago

mickie in Temecula, California said: i wish i came on here a long time ago! EVEREST COLLEGE SUCKS!!!!! i wish everyone could get together and SUE the heck outta them...but wait...theyve already been sued in the past...WHICH IS WHY they CHANGED their name from Bryman to EVEREST!! but of course they make you sign this paper once you sign up (along w/30 other pages...and in fine print it says "you agree that you wont sue everest college" what????????!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes!!!! DONT GO THERE B/C YOUR MONEY WILL BE WASTED. im paying all mine back now. it was a waste of time! they SUCK!

I am top student and visible minority ( most of marks were above 90% ) inspire of my health condition and they have been aware of this since enrolling and have medical letter. Their teachers are not licensees and don’t how to control class or teach properly.

They have been sued many times. Still doing racial abuse and fraud. many of them seems to be racist too.
They are not appreciate with our intellectual. just fraud and money is the best things that important to them. misinformation and wrong advertisements . They have been abusing and humiliating me with their power and now have been trying to supply me in a placement where healthy students refused to do their placement there!! .
Everest College has to sue and we must get together to take off their Credit.

Stop doing such these fraud and abuse and discrimination,, they have done many discrimination and humiliation inspire of being top student there….. Come and get together and sue them/ make the local Ministry of education to take off their Credit. And shout down the Everest College door and any College doing improper jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sharris06 in Arlington, Texas

59 months ago

I attended the Everest College in Arlington, Texas and it was the worst experience ever. I was in the Medical Insurance Billing and Coding Program. First of all we never had the same teacher and there were times when we didn't. I felt that some of the teachers that taught there were under qualified and dind't know what they were doing. When I enrolled they told me that they had a 90% job placement rate and a 98% graduation rate. Well I did graduate ,but I'm not working and it's been 5 months since I finished. The teachers told us that on our resume's we could use Everest College as experience and jobs will take that and that's not true. Most jobs, at least the 100's that I've applied to want at least two to three years experiece and going to Everst is not expierence. The thing that got me the most is that I wanted to continue my education and get my Associate's Degree and Bacholar's. My admission's representative Mrs.Walker said that I could transfer my Everest credits and go to any school I wanted. NOT TRUE! No one exepts Everest credits and that sucks because now I have to pay $12,000 in student loans and start all over. No one at the school tries to help you. I felt I have spent all my time in that school for nothing. The certification test that you can taked is bologna too. That certification is not even recognized.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tella in Ottawa, Ontario

59 months ago

I sorry some supporting this everst College which has been many times sued due to frauds. I was one of thier top student with high who facing many racist abuses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Arin Pitera in Ringgold, Georgia

59 months ago

Hi,Just some coments which I hope will be useful. Please read what you write before sending it, otherwise you sound illerate, which I am sure you are not.You said" I sorry some supporting this everst College which has been many time sued due to frauds." How about this? ---I'm sorry some are supporting Everest College, which has been sued many times due to fradulent practices. You said, " I was one of thier top student with high who many racist abuses." What does that mean? Can I rephrase it? I was one of their top students who is facing many racist accusations. If you write in a coherent fashion, you will sound more credible. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

We thinks Dana is an Everest shill. Their ads are the pits and appeal to the dumbest elements of society. What kind of "college" claims you don't need a high school diploma or GED. They'll take anyone's money. No standards at all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Gizmo in Bradenton, Florida

58 months ago

I have worked in the medical field for the past 38 years. Specifically in large hospital settings. As part of my job I have coordinated externships with various schools. For example, here in Bradenton, Florida we have academic relationships with Manatee Community College (MCC) and Manatee Technical Institute (MTI). Both of these schools are public institutions. Tuition at MTI averages $700 per term while MCC charges by the credit hour. To enroll in MTI you will be required to take a general academic placement exam which does not require a H.S. Diploma. MCC's policies vary depending on their courses but a H.S. diploma is not always required. Everest is part of the Corinthian College corporation. Our experience here has been that the average Corinthian (Everest) student is a poor choice as a job candidate. Their skill sets lack sound academic fundamentals. We do not pursue externships with Everest or Corinthian College. Before enrolling in a school that requires you to pay tens of thousands of dollars based on the bidding of a television commercial, you would be better served by checking with your local school board as to the availability of less expensive and more promising alternatives. They can also assist you with student loan and scholarship programs if you have that need. You can find the phone number to your local school board in your phone book in the 'local government' section at the front of the book. A quality education need not be expensive. Good fortune to you all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

??? in Portland, Oregon

58 months ago

R. Grayson in Pe Ell, Washington said: It is interesting to note that most of the people who complain about not getting a job are lacking in basic English skills -- as demonstrated by their writing.

There is a reason we require four years of English to graduate from high school. If you can't write a paragraph with it being full of mistakes, who wants to hire you?

TOTALLY AGREE! If these comments posted are any indication of how you're resume looked, then it is apparent why some of you never even got called for interviews.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

GABY in Concord, California

58 months ago

HEY GUYS....OK IMA BREAK IT DOWN TO U GUYS QUICK
1. DIDNT FINISH HIGH SCHOOL
2. IM GONNA DO AN ONLINE COURSE TO FINISH IT NOW...
BUT IS THERE ANY COLLEGES IN CONCORD WHERE I CAN DO ONLINE COURSES WITHOUT MY HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA??? I WANNA HAVE SOME CREDITS BEFORE I FINISH MY DIPLOMA
PLIZZZZZ HELP!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Nina in Portland, Oregon

58 months ago

I have been attending Everest College for a month now, I am taking the Medical Assistant Degree program. At the moment I don't have anything bad to say about the school. I am still having my doubts, I hope I have made the right decision before I get deep in debt. I agree the program is very expensive. For the MAD3 program it is a total of $31,000.00 for two years. I know each persons experience is different but it seems like every comment is negative. I thought I did my homework before I enrolled. I have researched and I know the Everest College in Portland, OR is accredited through ACICS. I wish I could speak with more graduates to see how their experience was.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Taurus in California

58 months ago

I have a question. Why is it that the people who complain about how much these diploma mills charge did not research the much lower cost and more highly respected vocational programs at junior colleges and state universities and attend such programs instead? For instance I have a San Francisco State University College of Extended Learning ABA Paralegal Certificate. The cost of the program was approximately $5000.00 as opposed to the $10,000.00 + it would cost at a diploma mill like Everest College, Heald College, Western Career College, etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ali in Ottawa, Ontario

57 months ago

hi
please help do any one recommended everst college,im already triying to go to it
but im afraid from wasting my time help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Smilinshel in Puyallup, Washington

57 months ago

Arin Pitera in Ringgold, Georgia said: Hi,Just some coments which I hope will be useful. Please read what you write before sending it, otherwise you sound illerate, which I am sure you are not.You said" I sorry some supporting this everst College which has been many time sued due to frauds." How about this? ---I'm sorry some are supporting Everest College, which has been sued many times due to fradulent practices. You said, " I was one of thier top student with high who many racist abuses." What does that mean? Can I rephrase it? I was one of their top students who is facing many racist accusations. If you write in a coherent fashion, you will sound more credible. Good Luck!

In addition, Arin, what exactly does "coments" mean? Just curious. Thought it was a new word that had not yet been introduced to the public. Must research this on Wikipedia.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Smilinshel in Puyallup, Washington

57 months ago

Arin Pitera in Ringgold, Georgia said: Hi,Just some coments which I hope will be useful. Please read what you write before sending it, otherwise you sound illerate, which I am sure you are not.You said" I sorry some supporting this everst College which has been many time sued due to frauds." How about this? ---I'm sorry some are supporting Everest College, which has been sued many times due to fradulent practices. You said, " I was one of thier top student with high who many racist abuses." What does that mean? Can I rephrase it? I was one of their top students who is facing many racist accusations. If you write in a coherent fashion, you will sound more credible. Good Luck!

Sorry, Arin. Can't resist. You've opened up a can of worms my trying to make others look stupid. I promise this will be my last question of the day. Can you define the word "illerate"? Seems to possibly be an important one when attempting to make your point. Could you have maybe ment "illiterate"? lol. Tooooo funny! So glad you're not a teacher in a grade school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Anaheim, California

57 months ago

Dana in Illinois: Glad to hear you are having a good experience with Everest College in your area; that's how it should be. Perhaps this organization is cleaning up their act. However, here in California, Everest College and all its affiliated schools (Corinthian College, Bryman Schools, etc.) were hit with a $6.5 million fine by the California Attorney General for fraudulent business pratices including misleading students about the curriculum and job placement. So, at least in California, they have a very bad track record. Thankfully, my wife chose to attend a community college for her dental program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

miss_successful22 in Lawrenceville, Georgia

57 months ago

i need help as to wether or not i should go for it and attend this school(EVEREST). I SHOULD BE ATTENDING THIS FALL (AUGUST 17)....HELP ME PLEASE!!!! i want 2 do medical assisting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Mariah in Phoenix, Arizona

57 months ago

Dana in Skokie, Illinois said: I am personally SHOCKED to the response people have to Everest. First off, it's not the SCHOOL'S fault you don't have a job. That's your own. Not only do they have an extremely reliable and resourceful career assistant program, they even help you find the jobs. WHILE IN SCHOOL. The school in general is a hands-on learning program, you take away what you learn and all they promise is the degree.I have been at Everest since april this year, and I love it; it gives all the necessary tools you'd learn at any other college (I however am in the Medical Assistant program). SO to those of you who want to be big babies and cry over how the school is a waste and a fraud, see if you ever get yourselves the job you desire while going to Harvard. And that way, when you fail, you'll know IT WASN'T THE SCHOOL THAT CAUSED YOUR PROBLEM!

I have been going there for 2 months this place is a joke!! I do study and have a B in the class. however we never start at 7:30 and we take more breaks and lunches and leave around 3:00 what a joke

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

"Mariah in Phoenix, Arizona"]I have been going there for 2 months this place is a joke!! I do study and have a B in the class. however we never start at 7:30 and we take more breaks and lunches and leave around 3:00 what a joke

I forgot to mention I have complained about the teacher, the loud students all we hear all day long is bad language. The teacher ripped up are tests and had us do a summary for a grade and we never received are test scores from the week before...For 2 months we have done the same injections and we should have learned 3-4 more by now...DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

miss_successful22 in Lawrenceville, Georgia said: i need help as to wether or not i should go for it and attend this school(EVEREST). I SHOULD BE ATTENDING THIS FALL (AUGUST 17)....HELP ME PLEASE!!!! i want 2 do medical assisting.

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY....trust me how you learn is by reading the book and doing homework and the other students are the ones that help you out..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Anaheim, California

57 months ago

Find a good community college program or consult your local adult eduction or Regional Occupational Program to obtain a good education at a much more affordable price. Everest College and its affiliated schools have a terrible reputation for poor curriculum and fraudulent practices here in California, and since all their schools in the U.S. are part of the same company, I would not be surprised if this occurs in their other locations across the nation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Erin in Tacoma, Washington

57 months ago

I strongly advise anyone who is planning to attend Bryman ( now Everest ) not to go to this so called college. You will only waste your time and hardly earned money and they will not find you a job.
Please take this advice or you will regret you went there like me.
I cant sleep at night thinking how they ruin young peoples lives. I wish i went to Tacoma Community or Pierce College.
I will do everything that is in my power to make shure this marketing company called EVEREST COLLEGE goes out of business!!!
Everest SUCKS!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

LJ2009 in Seattle, Washington

57 months ago

I personally have not applied or gone to this "school" if thats what you want to call it but here in Washington that school has a reputation for being one of those "fake schoools" that are always on the television. I have two friends who have gone to as well as completed courses at this school and have yet to be employed in the field in which they were "certified". Each has been out of the school for well over 1 year.

margie

56 months ago

Vika London in Los Angeles, California said: Hello everyone. I am looking for any information about Everest college in Los Angeles,CA. I have done a lot of research on the school but i still don't know if it's for me. It is extremely HIGH. Do employers really hire these graduates. Anyone who has gone there and graduated from their dental assisting program , please let me know before i make the biggest mistake of my life, PLEASE HELP ME!

I went to everst college when it was olympia to be honest that school sucks, I could not get a job when I walked out of that school, I finally found a job at a dead end place nothning like they promised me. To be honest it wasnt even because of everst, Now that I am continuing my education I find out that mmy credits were not transfer over, after I was told that they were, I have a diploma that means nothing and a loan that I am struggling to pay off being a single mother. This school sucks.

josEva in La Mirada, California

56 months ago

if you want an in depth look at the school from a current students point of view please read my journal entry

foreverdies.livejournal.com/6891.html

I just couldnt fit my story in this comment box =P

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.