Everest college or no?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 354)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

Amanda Saft in Barrie, Ontario

54 months ago

I went to EVEREST IN CANADA, BARRIE, ONTARIO
SURE It was great while I was going there, BUT I HAD 4 different teachers and all of them were IDIOTS that were just in the field of medical office NOT accredited TEACHERS they make you pay TOP dollar for this bs so called school. I wish I never went I cannot find a job ANY WERE 3 places have TOLD me they do not HIRE EVEREST GRADS!LIKE HOLY F! I understand some were along the line someone must have messed up real bad, but to not hire Everest grads it must have been more then one person who messed up
They LIE and do FALSE advertisement saying " we help you find a job" BIGGEST LIE ive ever heard! They dont do jack st! Nothing to help you. I still cannot find a job I know everyone that was in my class cannot find a job!
When is this going to stop this is INSANE, how can this school do this to soo many people single moms Especially! THEY ARE NOT a school they are a Corporation that only wants to make money thats all it is about. I seriously want to sue their asses. Big f rich pricks!!!! They don't care about YOU or ME they only care about THE MONEY YOU BRING
I hate everest and anyone that is currently going there you will soon learn what I am talking about TRUST ME you will THAT IS A PROMISE no Matter were you live maybe 2/10 people are successful after graduation!

ON THIS site and all of the other ones for every 50 people saying everest is a horrible awful school THERE IS MAYBE FIVE PEOPLE SAYING IT WAS A GREAT SCHOOL OBVIOUSLY ITS NOT

And anyone that is planning on going there DONT run while you still can!! Even if you sign all their papers and only do ONE day of class THEY STILL MAKE YOU PAY FOR THE WHOLE YEAR! Listen to me and ALL of these other people PLEASE dont FALL FOR THEIR BS LIES AND FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!!

There is no Rainbow after the storm

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Denise in Fremont, California

53 months ago

I'm surprised to see people complaining. But I am also surprised to see what appears to be people sitting around waiting for Everest to find them employment. I completed schooling there a year and a half ago. They never promised to find me a job. In fact they were careful to tell me that it is ultimately up to me to find employment. I now work for a great Dentist with wonderful people and benefits. I guess it's like anything else offered. You really can't lease all the people all the time. I suggest getting out there and pounding the streets. It is a very competitive field and if all you do is send resumes via e-mail your chances are reduced versus going in person. For the record I wasn't even at the top of my class. I was more in the middle but I am working and loving it. And lastly to those that are complaining about students that didn't speak english well, get over it and don't blame your problems on people that are doing something to improve their life. Not to mention if you communicate better than others that have issues with written or oral command of the language you have an advantage right there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Denise in Fremont, California

53 months ago

I'd like to add that while reading back I can see why some of you are not employed. Talk about a pity party. Most of you need to get out of the house and stop feeling sorry for yourselves. There is nothing in Everest College where they promise to get you a job. And for the record other trade schools, secondary education institutes, all have their issues and a fair share of people that feel it's the schools fault for not being employed. Instead of surfing the internet for places to ramble on about how unfair life is you should be knocking down doors and applying for jobs. Drop the bag of cheetos, turn off the tv, dress for success and think positive. Quit waiting for someone to come save you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

gonda in Tacoma, Washington

53 months ago

Former Grad. in Fpo said: I graduated from the Tacoma, WA location in 2005 from their Medical Billing program. I moved out of town just months after graduation. The school only offered interviews in Tacoma which was too far to commute and I was not worried about it enough to really look hard for a job at the time. I will grant that they did offer interviews to me for the Tacoma area but they did not get that I did not live in that area and was unwilling to spend a couple of hours each way. Years later no longer even in that state I can not get a job with that education and can not get my credits transferred in order to help me closer to my goal of having a Bachelors Degree. I am currently in the process of finding out if they were even accredited at the time like they claimed. I've learned the hard way before signing check out their accreditation to make sure, don't just take their word for it. I wish you better luck in your travels.

Dear grad:
they are not accredited by AHIMA, most employers want RHIT certs
only community college is, UW etc

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

metal music girle

53 months ago

To whom it amy concern Who are you to say .That I HAVE NOT BEEN TRYING TO FIND A JOB SINCE I GRADUATED .STOP TALKING SH@% YOUR A BI%%% THAT CAN TALK THE TALK BUT CAN't WALK THE WALK STOP. TALKING SH@@$ ABOUT PEOPLE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Because of Everest College I am now in debit an has ruin my credit .And yes I graduatesd with top honors and have been back to the Everest College from where I graduated from and all they do is refix the same resume over and over again. an throw a big book of jobs that are taking applications for posistions that are not even related to ,my field of study.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

me in Chicago, Illinois

53 months ago

Melz in Chicago, Illinois said: i currently go to everest college (247 jackson & state) and i have to say that school is BACKWARDS! they have no order, the material taught isnt what you're supposed to learn. any good teacher breaking their neck to stand up for us and teach us properly gets fired. a great teacher, Dr. Karen Dunson, was fired last week for standing up for us massage therapy students. they were trying to cram us into clinicals and our hours werent going in like they were supposed to. that new ignoramus mr. mackey fired her for fighting for us. they didnt want to pay her right, nor did they honor her title. they kept calling her Ms. Dunson instead of Dr. she was really in the massage and chiropractor field. she actually KNEW what she was talking about, and she didnt give us a bunch of crap we didnt need. now she's gone, and in these last two mods, we have to fend for ourselves now. mods arent counted down right, they are forever changing things around. why i ever went there, i dont know, but this is the LAST time i enroll in ANYONE'S school, unless it's martial arts. at least i know i'd be getting good training and no one can fire my sensai for some bull.

hey melz me too i graduated in 2008 from there so called medical administrative assitant program guess what did my 180 hours of MANDITORY intership at mount saini hospital they used the he** out of me i did'nt learn anything i went to school for, they had me cleaning out old file cabinets and stuff like that i had my worse experiece there and I DONT WORK IN MY FIELD OF STUDY!!!! GO FIGURE!!!!! you need so many years of experience in coding its rediculous you'll never get hired because of the years of experience thats needed !!!!!! everest on state st in chicago il sucks and i left there sh*&%$y a** certificate of diploma right there dont want it cause i cant use it wtf!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mE in Chicago, Illinois

53 months ago

Nick in Layton, Utah said: Coming from someone that can't use YOUR correctly? Don't be such a hypocrite. Dolt.

who gives a F on here how do u know they if they WERE just typing to fast !!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

strawberry032 in Colorado Springs, Colorado

53 months ago

ionosphere in Seattle, Washington said: We thinks Dana is an Everest shill. Their ads are the pits and appeal to the dumbest elements of society. What kind of "college" claims you don't need a high school diploma or GED. They'll take anyone's money. No standards at all.

they do have the assessment test,which other university n community colleges provide also..it's a test to see if your smart enough for the class/major your choosing (if you don't have a GED or diploma)..If you pass,you get to study/prepare for your ged test at the college/university after your classes or whenever you want to study..I am so getting tired of these bad comments about the college,when no one haven't even attended..but judging off of one phone call..Most of these comment's don't even know what the hell theyre talking about

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

mE in Chicago, Illinois

53 months ago

girl u sound stupid what person would take a college course if they dont have a GED OR HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA THEY ASK FOR IT SWEETIE JOBS DO THAT IS!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

your the one stupid,and no nothing about this information..so i don't even know why your commenting on this matter.also i talked to BBB,like i always do "learn",and get info on the everest in this location..everest has good ratings,and well known with bbb..like i said,n you need to learn how to read correctly.they have you study/prepare for your g.e.d while taking the course..so before you even finish the course,you get your g.e.d if you pass.if your smart enough to pass the assessment,you should be able to pass that g.e.d test after they have prepared you for it..this everest is very professional,and no scam..i am talking about the everest here..it's more than one everest,and every everest isn't going to be the same.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Ms Gucci in Hollywood, Florida

53 months ago

Anything having to do with Everest sucks!!! Please don't attend there unless you want to get into medical billing and coding. It seems like the only thing they got going.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ms Gucci in Hollywood, Florida

53 months ago

ToCurrent Student at Everest Institute in Rochester, New York:
I would check with some community colleges in NY or NJ because some of them let you in by taking an Ability To Benefit test. Once you take and pass the test you can start college courses just like someone who has a diploma/ged. Two of my friends here in FL did it and I know you can do it too. One started at Broward College last year and is an accounting major and the other at Miami Dade College and is a computer information tech major. Keep ya head up everything will work out for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

1984 in Tampa, Florida

53 months ago

Candy said:
I've thought about going to Everest on and off for two years...but because whenever I do online research all I hear is bad things about the school. But at least you can get in there without having to do a song and dance and there is a campus like five minutes from my house. As the advertisement says...I'm just going to take a chance...I am finally going to take that chance. I want to get vocational training so bad and for people like me this is the ONLY option. There are some people who have had good experiences at Everest and I'm sure some Everest graduates come out and get jobs or they wouldn't be able to stay in business...so I'm just going to hope I'm one of those lucky ones. I believe if you can do better don't go to Everest but people please understand that for some of us this is our best option.

Not to be rude or anything, but no, Everest isn't your ONLY option. You've chosen it as your ONLY option because you don't seem to want to apply yourself. It's a shame really that you are selling yourself short.

I had to take an entrance exam that included math problems I hadn't seen or used in years in order to get into my desire DA program. I took the exam and missed the required score in the math section by one point (this was after I did some self study). I took a one month remedial course with school and passed with the highest score possible the second time around. But guess what? By the time I had finished this exam, the class was full for the next

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

1984 in Tampa, Florida

53 months ago

continued...

term that I wanted to start, with the next start date over six months away.

Frustrated, but not deterred, I applied to another school. I had to take ANOTHER (harder) entrance exam in order to get into their DA program. I took that entrance exam and again passed with the highest score possible, thanks, in part, to the remedial class I took. I also had to go on to take one more entrance exam and passed that, too.

Schools like Everest bank on fools like you who don't even bother better themselves when there are clearly better, and more affordable options out there. Guess how much my entire DA education will cost? $2800! AND, it's accredited so I get a REAL certificate . The fact that there are A LOT of people complaining about the worthlessness of the degrees/cereficates they have received from that school should tell you a lot. Have you ever been on ripoff report? Don't fall for the trap. It's way too much money. Times are hard right now, you can't afford to invest so much time, effort, and money into something that has high possibilities of not reaping any rewards for you.

1984 in Tampa, Florida

53 months ago

By the way, while the total cost of my DA education will be $2800, I will pay $0.00. Pell Grant, baby!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

i also took other test's at other college's,and university..not all everest the same..you always get all the information,that you need on a school..most of the everest college's are not even accredited at all,and end up going there without getting info first.that's like saying since the wal-mart there has horrible employee's,bad food,etc. that every other wal-mart going to be awful. (just giving a random example)..Also like people have put rip-off,bad reports on via entertainment (modelling company)from their area..but guess what?the via entertainment here is so differen't from the other one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Also my sister just left alcorn university..She didn't like it there at all,she actually hates studying there..(she is going to school for accounting)..So she transfer to another university USM,and loves it there..Alot of students love alcorn university,but it doesn't mean everyone going to love going there..Also I know alot of people who came from everest here,working,good pay,and happy graduating from everest.If someone fail to do reseach on a college from their location,doesn't mean they have the right to say that every company is horrible "which is close minded btw"(yes,they have the right to talk about that company that scam them 'but not blame the entire world'.but it's they fault for not doing reseach on that company).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

1984 in Tampa, Florida

53 months ago

strawberry032 in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: Also I know alot of people who came from everest here,working,good pay,and happy graduating from everest.

From what I've researched, these results aren't typical. It's bad when you hear over and over again for employers that they will not even consider hiring people with Everest on their resume. That's bad, really bad. It's also unfair, but schools like Everest generally carry a bad reputation, unfortunately. Is it worth the risk? For some it is, and you know what, it's their life. For me, and plenty of others like me, it's not worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

thats good for you..:) 'i am gonna end the subject here,since i already told you my opinion,and you told your opinion",going any further is just having a childish arguement..so take care,bye

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Kali in Powell, Tennessee

52 months ago

Vika London in Los Angeles, California said: Hello everyone. I am looking for any information about Everest college in Los Angeles,CA. I have done a lot of research on the school but i still don't know if it's for me. It is extremely HIGH. Do employers really hire these graduates. Anyone who has gone there and graduated from their dental assisting program , please let me know before i make the biggest mistake of my life, PLEASE HELP ME!

DO NOT!!! Go to Everest!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

current everest student in Detroit, Michigan

52 months ago

I'm beginning to believe these negative posts about everest.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tiredodfraud in Garland, Texas

52 months ago

HEATHER1313 in Austin, Texas said: I have a question.......My husband went to Everest and graduated in the dental program. he took the test to get his rda but we have yet to send in the money for it. he also did not graduate high school or even recieve his GED. my question is, how can he even recieve his rda with out graduating from high school? could this be "false certification"? PLEASE HELP! I AM SO CONFUSED! oh yeah and Everest sux!

They should have never enrolled him without a GED. You should call attorney Julie Johnson in Dallas, TX

Strawberry032 in Colorado Springs, Colorado

52 months ago

tiredodfraud in Garland, Texas said: They should have never enrolled him without a GED. You should call attorney Julie Johnson in Dallas, TX

Thats why college's,and university have assessment test's..Going into college,or a university without a g.e.d is nothing new.The college or university help that person get their g.e.d while enrolling into college..If you didn't pass the g.e.d,and graduated from the college is not a big deal.Maybe that person is really good in that skill,and not good with testing.I don't know why people in here judging other people,it's a shame.I have graduated from everest,and have a good job..If everest was a bad experience for you"I am sorry about it".But it went smooth for me,so maybe it's not for everyone"speically since college/university is not for me,since I move around alot *military*..also I don't trust online classes".(I know other people who graduated from everest with good jobs)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

Denise in Fremont, California said: I'd like to add that while reading back I can see why some of you are not employed. Talk about a pity party. Most of you need to get out of the house and stop feeling sorry for yourselves. There is nothing in Everest College where they promise to get you a job. And for the record other trade schools, secondary education institutes, all have their issues and a fair share of people that feel it's the schools fault for not being employed. Instead of surfing the internet for places to ramble on about how unfair life is you should be knocking down doors and applying for jobs. Drop the bag of cheetos, turn off the tv, dress for success and think positive. Quit waiting for someone to come save you.

I so agree..Me,and my husband only had one car before I started everest/working.I had to WALK to even find a job,and walk to everest (for me to get my paper work together,which is a LONG LONG WALK).I was not complaining to anyone,I wasn't online bitching and whinning/trolling on forum's.Also when I got my first pay check,I brought a bike and that's how I got around.People have to realize that life is not easy,and you have to work really hard for what you want (speically how the economy is like atm).Also after graduation I went to vulunteer at clinics to put more on my resume,and have professional nurse's/doctor's as my reference (even my teachers let me use them as reference).Also if you vulunteer at a clinic,they realize that you do have good skills and most of them hire you to work there.(DO NOT SAY JOBS to these people,cause these are career companys "I notice how everyone in here is saying JOB".)most career companys these days is not going to hire you just by a college degree..You have to show that you wanna work there (also most jobs want you to work in a clinic for a while,and have that experince before even hiring you..which vulunteer comes in).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

I understand most of you have bills,but you should already be working
before college.Keep that job after college,and vulunteer for atleast
1-2 months.When you have a close relationship with the nurse's/doctors
inside of the clinic,and when they notice you have really great
experince (they will hire you,or tell other companys about you).If
not,they will let you use them as a reference..
If you don't wanna vulunteer to put more real work experience on
your resume/work without pay.Then you are not serious about the career
that you have went into.Also let me re-say I have a career now from
graduating from everest.Just don't say "job" to a career company..lol
But anyways goodluck in whatever everyone does with their career.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

tbbucs in Toronto, Ontario

51 months ago

I find it laughable that the majority of people who are complaining so loudly have the grammatical acuity of a monkey on a typewriter. That being said, there are standard policies which must be followed by Everest in Canada and the United States to keep their accreditation. These metrics include both Placement and Graduation rates for each program and all financing must meet government standards. This is the same with all accredited Private Career Colleges. The reality with Everest is that there are over 120000 students who graduate every year, so they must be doing something right. Many of the students who attend Everest come because it is their last chance for an education. They don't have 3-4 years to attend community colleges (which all operate as businesses as well) and they need to get moving in a positive direction in their lives. Not all will succeed but they must be given the opportunity to improve themselves at their own discretion. I spent 4 years in a University program and got no help at all when I left to find a career. Complain if you want to, but the reality is you probably created the situation yourself. Is Everest perfect? No. Is Everest a business? Yes. Who's life is it? Yours. So choose carefully. But remember that there isn't a school or organization in the world that can guarantee you employment. That's up to you.

Rina in Chicago, Illinois

51 months ago

I totally agree! I went to Everest College (247/State) 3 years ago for Massage Therapy and Dr. Karen Dunson was my teacher for all 9 mods and I learned so much during my time there. I was our class Imbassador and also did some tutoring for struggling students during my time spent at Everest. I honestly hated the school because the student body didnt take interest in the material like I did and I believe it had alot to do with the fact that the students treated this school as if they were still in high school. Before I enrolled I asked some of the massage therapy students about their teachers and almost all the students referred Dr. D! So I made sure I was placed in her class due to my dedication to my education. I was serious about getting the most out of it. I learned so much from being in her class and she always made sure that every student was on the same page. I never knew of a professor that actually cared about each students success. She was so inspiring it made me want to be a better student. I never got straight A's before in my life until being in Dr. Dunson's class. Everest College did not deserve such an inspiring teacher like Dr. Dunson, its a shame what happened to her.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

joseva in La Mirada, California

51 months ago

Rina in Chicago, Illinois said: Everest College did not deserve such an inspiring teacher like Dr. Dunson, its a shame what happened to her.

...sooo what happened to her?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jnjdominguez in Chicago, Illinois

50 months ago

anonomous in Chicago, Illinois said: i went to the downtown everst too it was olympia then guess what I didnt even pick up my diploma after i finished because its worthless i wasted time and money i could have been a nurse by now! all those stupid a@@ mods im trying to sue them right now cause that diploma is worthless its really called consumer fraud because the diploma is useless

who ever wrote this please email we really need to get in touch i currently attend and I just have to get in touch with you email me at jnjdominguez88@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nanlisa in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania

50 months ago

Everest runs TV commercial ads here in Philadelphia. But yet, they don't have any campuses in Pennsylvania.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nanlisa in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania

50 months ago

I stand corrected. Everest only has one school here in Pennsylvania, and that's in Pittsburgh. There are no campuses here in the Philadelphia area. The only one in New Jersey is located North Jersey. There's none in Delaware.

Why would they run ads for their schools in this area when there are no campuses here? That's rediculous.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Long Beach, California

50 months ago

I would like to share with you just a few points about your post. You do not have a job, but you were never promised a job and I am sure of this because if you were you would have said that you were promised a job after you had graduated. Just looking at your writing skills on your post if I were a potential employer I would never hire a person that could not spell the words "program" or "college". The best way to evaluate any college is to go there yourself and ask the questions. Go prepared with a list of concerns. Ask for actual written stats of the graduation and placement rates. Trust me they will have them and will show them to you. By the way the reason the training is so expensive is because it is of value to you. If you are willing to pay for the speed of getting through a program at an for profit college vs taking the community college route that only enrolls 2 times a year, and only certain classes are available per session some required classes may take 6 months to 2 years to take because of cutbacks or lack of student interest well that would be a way of trying to get your career jump started especially if you have no or very minimal job skills to start off.

Salado in Seattle, Washington said: hey vika, i have graduated from Bryman college 2006 and i still do not have a job yet, and the 11 months dental prgram cost me 12,000 dollars. If someone would have told me, i would not have done it. oh yeah i also heard from one of my classmats that the school had to file bankrupcy and that's why they changed their names to Everest collge, a new owner ha haa....They don't care about you finding a job, just your money. i hope i was able to help a bit... good luck girl..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Long Beach, California

50 months ago

Commercials are purchased from in certain media markets. Some may overlap areas that does not have an Everest in that particular city, but there may be one in the media market. For example there may not be an Everest in PA, but there is one in Virginia, New Jersey, New York, and there are online classes (provided you have a high school diploma or a GED and access to high speed internet).

Nanlisa in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania said: Everest runs TV commercial ads here in Philadelphia. But yet, they don't have any campuses in Pennsylvania.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ionosphere in Seattle, Washington

50 months ago

I hate their ads. All 1,000,000 of them they air every commerical break during the daytime.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

N8whit in Gilroy, California

50 months ago

rune15 in Grand Rapids, Michigan said: Don't waste your time or money going to this fraudulent school. This is what they did to my niece. She is a young mom of a 1 year old with no home, no money. She enrolled in this worthless school hoping to become a dental assistant. She finished the course in the high 90's But wait she missed a few days of school because her daughter was sick. But wait she talked back to one of the teachers. But wait the 2 ghetto places they sent her to for her externmenship didn't work out. Please come in for a meeting with the board. You have one week to find your own place to do your externmenship.Come back in one week for a review. I took her all over the place and she did find a place. She went to the meeting the next week and this is what they told her. We think you are very unprofessional, we think you are an unfit mother...(how dare them)they said all sorts of terrible things about her that were untrue. But we will give you another chance. You have to write a letter about yourself basically telling us why you're worth anything and you will have to do 160 hours of community service. (and we don't care about your baby being sick and that the state won't help you with cash assistance)......

Why is it the states job to give a single mom cash assistance? The taxpayers didn't make that baby! Why do single moms think the taxpayers owe them for their stupidity. She deserves Everest.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

dentalgirl in Genoa City, Wisconsin

50 months ago

Amen. What ever happened to personal responsibilty?

It's new millenium immigrant mentality. There is only the right to pursue happiness- not get it handed to them for doing nothing ...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

JonTx in Lubbock, Texas

50 months ago

Brad in Naperville, Illinois said: You may want to consider DeVry, I can anwer any questions you have, send me an e-mail bgrey@devry.edu

hahaha- trolling for students?! look up Devry Sucks and you will find the EXACT same complaints!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JonTx in Lubbock, Texas

50 months ago

Cindi said: I work for the placement services offices at Everest. You should see some of the resume's we have to revise; students who need to go back to Junior High and take classes in writing and grammar. A lot of people go to Everest because they can't pass the entrance exams to get into a regular college. So of course these are the same lazy, disgruntled students who want to whine and sue and blame the school when they can't pass a job interview. You people should be glad Everest is trying to get you off welfare and keep you from having to work in McDonalds which is probably where most of you belong.

I don't know what happened to my previous post, but I cannot find it anywhere.....
The point I made was this: Cindi you are a perfect example of what's wrong with Everest. You are a complete troll and moron. Why do you work there when it is obvious you hate the work and the students so much??!!?? I assume you understand- idiot, that what you're doing is against company policy?!! I wonder what your RVP,Campus President, and Career Services Director are going to think?? (yes, I forwarded this crap you're spewing to each of them....I hope your a$$ get's bounced IMMEDIATELY, hahaha)
Last, from someone who's familiar with the system, there are a few things you can do to protect yourselves:P
1. Ask if they are REGIONALLY ACCREDITED, if the answer is no, run the other way; it is unlikely their
credits will transfer.
2. Ask them to give you their completion and placement rates for the past three years; but don't take their
word for anything- get the numbers and then check with your state regulatory body to see if they're being
truthful. Again, if it's a lie- boogie out of there as fast as you can. Here in Texas, The Texas
Workforce Commission monitors / regulates the schools performance.
3. Check with your local Better Business Bureau; It is unlikely you will find much there as the BBB isn't
too tough on these schools= $$

really in Naperville, Illinois

50 months ago

really guys?
Do you guys really need to see that Everest College/Devry/Phoenix are all scams. I mean there is NO way you can expect great results from a university that advertises itself on TV. A community college or university is a much better choice people! Even if it takes years you have to make it work! A $12,000 certification "diploma" is useless, there are people who try to come into computer programming with "diplomas" from place like ITT tech, everest, etc and then they know NOTHING about programming.

My software firm has to tell potential employees they must go to a real accredited university b/c that is the only real way to learn or OWN your own but its harder.

Dont sacrifice quality for convenience.
Go to CC or a university and get yourself a diploma that can be accepted everywhere!

Places like phonex, everest are only after your money then you will be in debt over a useless piece of paper....Okay friends

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

tbbucs in Toronto, Ontario

50 months ago

really in Naperville, Illinois said: really guys?
Do you guys really need to see that Everest College/Devry/Phoenix are all scams. I mean there is NO way you can expect great results from a university that advertises itself on TV. A community college or university is a much better choice people! Even if it takes years you have to make it work! A $12,000 certification "diploma" is useless, there are people who try to come into computer programming with "diplomas" from place like ITT tech, everest, etc and then they know NOTHING about programming.

My software firm has to tell potential employees they must go to a real accredited university b/c that is the only real way to learn or OWN your own but its harder.

Dont sacrifice quality for convenience.
Go to CC or a university and get yourself a diploma that can be accepted everywhere!

Places like phonex, everest are only after your money then you will be in debt over a useless piece of paper....Okay friends

Funny, this comment about advertising. I have watched several hundred commercials from State colleges and armed forces colleges as well. Guess they are all scams too. Advertising doesn't mean Everest or Pheonix are scams, it means they are, as I said in my previous post, trying to reach a demographic that sometimes needs a kick in the pants. If someone went to Michigan, for example, they might think a Michigan State grad shouldn't be hired. All Private colleges have a network of employers who hire their grads. Not all grads are employable though, which is why you must choose carefully. Remember as well that sometimes convenience is all students have because their life goes on while they are in school. And once again, the complainers have an amazing grasp of grammar. (And for the record, all IT grads get their certification from Microsoft/Cisco/CompTia etc...not from the school they attend. But why a programmer is surfing a post on the Everest Dental program is beyond me.)

essiebadbishh

50 months ago

umm well do anyone knows any other college tht I can goto for nursing? besides everest.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Santa Ana, California

50 months ago

ionosphere in Seattle, Washington said: I hate their ads. All 1,000,000 of them they air every commerical break during the daytime.

Why are you sitting around watching so much tv that you see the ads 1,000,000 times a day...get off the couch and do something with your life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

1984 in Tampa, Florida

50 months ago

Mark in Santa Ana, California said: Why are you sitting around watching so much tv that you see the ads 1,000,000 times a day...get off the couch and do something with your life.

I really did laugh-out-loud at this. Haha!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dentalgirl in Genoa City, Wisconsin

50 months ago

LOL!!!!!!!!! really!

wendy in Chicago, Illinois

50 months ago

Beth in Valparaiso, Indiana said: Wow. I am really sorry to hear some of your negative responses about Everest College. I am just now finishing up my internship for Dental Assisting and I have had an AWESOME and AMAZING experience with Everest College. :))

I attended the Everest College in Northwest Indiana and then I was able to attend my last month of class at the Chicago Loop Everest College due to scheduling conflicts. They were absolutely wonderful and I learned so so much. I am now interning at a huge dental practice that they placed me at in Valparaiso Indiana. It is housed in two huge separate buildings and has general dentists, a periodontist, endodontist, oral surgeon, and numerous hygientists :))) I am sorry some of you did not like the school.....

Hey,
did you go to the Merriville campus?
cuzz in th fall i was going to go there for the dental assisting program and i have a few questions to ask you if that is where u went :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mary in Ottawa, Ontario

49 months ago

Does anyone have a positive comment about Everest?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Andrea in Manhattan Beach, California

49 months ago

I am currently a student at Everest College in Gardena, Ca. I am in the Dental program and have three months left. Since my first week of school I have been disappointed.
-The instructor was constantly absent from class or would ask us to take a 10 minute break so she could go work on something and then she would not come back for 30 min.
-Our lab assistant was fired do to inner office politics.This took our class from a 24:2 student teacher ratio, to a 24:1 student ratio. With 24 students in a hands on class, there really should be 2 or 3 lab assistants to help.
-Our instructor was promoted to Head of Dental Dept.(God only knows how since she has horrible grammer)leaving us with no teacher.
-New teacher was brought in having NO teaching experience whatsoever. That same MOD, 9 new students were placed in our class. A few of which dropped after the first week.
-No real assignments or homework are given.
-We are allowed to use our notes on every test. Our notes are typed out by the teacher & answer ever single question on the test in order!
-It has been 4 months since our class was promised a lab assistant. We still have no lab assistant. Student teacher ratio still 24:1
-When I was given my initial tour of the school & weeks after I started class, we were promised an up to date digital radiograph(xray) machine. 7 months later, still no digital xray machine.
-We NEVER have the supplies we need. P.P.E.'s, which stand for Personal Protective Equipment and consists of goggles, masks, gowns and latex gloves are constantly unavailable! UNACCEPTABLE! We are also currently out of rubbing alcohol, fluoride treatment (which we are supposed to be learning this MOD), masks, latex gloves, gowns, air/water syringes, paper towels, soap, periodontal dressing material, A/B putty material. The UltraSonic, which sterilizes tools is broken, there are broken hand pieces &the quality of the dental operatories in our lab are a disgrace. I am seeking legal action!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Andrea in Manhattan Beach, California

49 months ago

I have brought my concerns to my instructor, then to the Director of Education as well as the President of the school andI have seen no action.

One more concern that I am currently looking into is the financial aid office made a huge mistake on my loan. Fin. aid made me apply for a loan 4 months into school because they said they made a mistake and they needed to move my money around. I followed instructions. About a month later they called me out of class again saying they needed me to reapply, so I complied. Well I am no dealing with lenders calling me demanding money due to their mistake.

Everest College may think that they can push us around, but not me. I already have an AA from a state college and wanted to get the education necessary to continue in the dental field. I am not stupid and will not be played a fool.

If you are reading this and feel like my post just ruined your hopes and dreams, please do not give up. Keep researching schools. Research better than I did and do not go to Everest College. There are better, CHEAPER, schools out there.
Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

labelitclean in Jonesboro, Georgia

49 months ago

Everest is a complete waste of time. False advertisement false promises and very unprofessional staff. It's a shame the way they deceive hard working citizens and rob them blind.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Los Angeles, California

49 months ago

Andrea, in 2007, the California Attorney General filed a lawsuit against Everest College/Corinthian College/etc. for fraudulent practices and substandard curriculum, forcing them to settle with the State for $6.5 million. If the Gardena campus of Everest is acting as you described, not only should you file a lawsuit, you must notify the State Attorney General's office so they can prosecute. It appears that Everest did not learn their lesson and are continuing to defraud students. What arrogance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.