Comments (151 to 181 of 181)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4   

doris in Sacramento, California

39 months ago

don't worry you will get a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

doris in Sacramento, California

39 months ago

doris in Sacramento, California said: don't worry you will get a job.

i have a question we moved from Michigan i was working as a dental assistant in Michigan i have a 2 years experience. can i get a job in California as a dental assistant because my all certificates are from Michigan? Do the Dentist accept the Michigan Certificate to work in Sacramento???? Please let me know Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Leah in Crossville, Tennessee

38 months ago

alexa in Mount Juliet, Tennessee said: In Tennessee they just changed the state law where you just need to fill out an application through the state and once they approve it you are a RDA. I recently went through the process and having no experience other than shadowing (which I highly recommend if you have never been around dental procedures). I went to every dental office in a 30 mile radius from my house. I didn’t care how far away from my house it was I needed a career not a job and I knew this is what I wanted to get into so..... after 2 weeks of going to every dental office I saw and no calls or e-mails or any signs I had even put my resume out i got an e-mail from a dentist whose only assistant was going to be out of town and he wanted me to fill in for her. I was excited because could put that on my resume as experience!! So the week went really well and I tried my best to make a great impression on everyone at the office and by Thursday I was offered a fulltime position!!! even though getting paid as I’m in training (which I am) I have a career and couldn’t be happier! It takes
persistence and a good personality!

I recently got a D.A. job, thought it was concrete. I was there 12 days, had 3 day working interviews and they decided I shouldn't be there. Someone changed my charts---leaving important information out and this person trained me and checked my charts all day. I don't think anyone should be able to go into the signed charts and change your patients information to false info. It should be locked. I heard this could happen and it has. They will never find a D.A. because this woman is in the background making herself look like the innocent one. I believe they all want their lives to be a soap box and they are syko and skitzofrantic.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Leah in Crossville, Tennessee

38 months ago

I took a D.A. job working for 12 days, 3 working interviews. A D.A. there changed my charts and she checked my charts everyday with me. I'VE Heard this can happen and it did. I think they all want a soap box and are skizofrantic.

Kellie in Willowbrook, Illinois

38 months ago

Sport01 in Lawrence, Kansas said: I completed the Penn Foster Dental Assiting program. SAVE YOUR MONEY!! First and foremost, you get no hands on experience. Clinic experience is important. Despite how much information you can get from reading, you dentist want two things, experience and a GREAT PERSONALITY.

Upon taking the DANB Infection Control Exam, I found that nothing that Penn Foster included in their literature for study was even on the exam. I am very happy I took the time to read additional info on the topic on varies websites and books I could find.

I got online and found all the dentist I could find in my area and to my suprise, even without any "experience" I was phone back saying they appreciated my proactive and eager attitude and that was the kinds of person they were looking to hire. They asked me in for an interview and would be willing to train me.

I have also heard that a lot of practices are looking for people without experience, due to their particular was of liking things done, and would rather train, than REtrain you.

Another thing Ive found helpful is to shadow, shadow, shadow. If you know someone in the profession, as to spend a day with them and watch. This inst hands on experience, but it at least counts for something (getting family with set ups, patient interaction, etc.) MUCH better than wasting time and money on any online course.

If you are going to take a course, make sure it includes an externship portion and isn't longer than a few months. Hands on experience is so important and helps build your resume. Check out my blog for more information about getting into the healthcare industry blog.mkedu.org/

danegrl in Denham Springs, Louisiana

38 months ago

I'm sorry you are not having any luck. When I would submit my resume I let the office know that I was also willing to temp. That was very helpful in getting my foot in the door.I was able to temp for 6wks while their assistant was on maternity leave. The dentist passed my name along to another office who was looking for a full time assistant.
Hope this helps. Good luck!

danegrl in Denham Springs, Louisiana

38 months ago

Sorry that happened to you. There is a lot of catty crap that goes on in dental offices. I'm sure it happens in a lot of work places but it is bad in dental offices. If you find a place you really want to be, you have to be on your game. At some point in the day go back and double check yourself. If you notice something has changed go to the doctor and ask him if he made changes to the record. Even if you know he didn't. This will at least raise the question in his mind something is going on or open a window for you to discuss the situation with him. This way you are not directly accusing someone that may already have his ear so to speak. Make sense?
Good luck!

lorena dreyer in Melbourne, Florida

35 months ago

I have been a dental assistant for 11 years and I am looking for a job. I live in Melbourne, FL. I am a CDA, RDA and EFDA. Does anyone know about any job appenig? I would really appreciat it

lorena dreyer in Melbourne, Florida

35 months ago

JWright in Port Saint Lucie, Florida said: I'm a dental asst from the militay and I had payed $3,500.00 for a class in Wellington to help me keep up my skills and up date on a new equipment I have been looking form start of Sep/ 09 and here it is 02/10 and still no job. I look every day and I have sent out over 100 email and I used up all of my holiday going on enterview then some even said if I dont speak spanish dont come and other wonted to pay $10 I thought to myself what is really going on in Florida when you check the pay charts the going rate is $15. The DR wont you to work for free down here are they that cheep? So they can drive there BMW?

Hey I totally agree w/u I moved from New Jersey 2 years ago with no luck, and when they called for an interview they offered 10 dollars, they dont want to pay but when one checks on chart it shows 32000 a year; I dont understand either ( I ve been a dental assitant for 11 years, I am a CDA-RDA-and I went to university of Florida for my EFDA maybe I was lucky to get me a job and better pay, but it seems they dont know what it is, can u believe that? theys just dont want to pay so they can drive those fancy cars.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

smiles in Des Plaines, Illinois

34 months ago

stacy in Indianapolis, Indiana said: what is the best way to apply for a dental assitant job with no experience

www.dentalassistantopportunity.com
Your personality is your best qualification! List your best traits such as:
Fast learner, dependabel,team player,etc.
Learn how to become a dental assistant without a degree or experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Heather in Acworth, Georgia

32 months ago

I was just recently accepted to Medix to complete the Dental Assistant Program. I have not paid the tuition yet bc I have heard some bad reviews. Does anyone know anything about this school or how hard the placement is after receiving your certifications etc.? Anything would be helpful for me at this point, especially bc I'm running out of time.

ladybugl in Chandler, Arizona

32 months ago

Spend your money on something you can a get a job in. Are you Bilingual....Do you have 2 to 5 years experience?

labnjab in Rochester, New Hampshire

32 months ago

I am still looking for a job in the dental field and I graduated from a 10 week dental assisting school in 2010. I have been on a few interviews and apply to at least 2 jobs or more a week crossing my fingers hoping someone will give me a chance. Hopefully someone will soon because I have basically lost all hope :(

VALERIA in Dallas, Texas

31 months ago

:(
STARTING TO REGRET GETTING THIS LITTLE CAREER OF A DENTAL ASSISTANT I JUST WANTED TO GET BACK ON MY FEET BUT IT SEEMS TO ME IT JUST PUT ME IN DEPT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

silvia

30 months ago

The reason no job for the persons that have dental assistant certificate is because the dentis dont want yo pay they prefere yo pay 10 dollars yo persons without certificate , I want to know if we can have the rigt to report One Office that have this persons no licence ir certificate , so we the persons who pay 15 .000.00 have the oportunity yo work and pay the lond .I hope there is some for us .thank you

joanned0461@yahoo.com in New Port Richey, Florida

29 months ago

I am x-ray certified in Maryland, been a dental asst for over 25 yrs. I just moved to Florida 6 months ago, and down here u have to have the expanded function cert to asst, which in Maryland i've been doing expanded duties for years. My question is, where can I go to take a course or whatever so I can take my florida board exam for asst w/ expanded functons? Is there a school nearby New Port Richey, Florida? I don't need to take the whole asst course. I had one manager from a dental office down here said she only had to tae a weekend course and then the board exam. She never got back to me on where she went to take it. Thanks!

Sara in Falls Church, Virginia

29 months ago

Hi ,I'm foreign dentist .I applied for dental assistant position but no one called me. I'm so frustrated.do you think that they don't accept foreign dentists ? Please I'm waiting for your answers.

joanned0461@yahoo.com in New Port Richey, Florida

29 months ago

Sara in Falls Church, Virginia said: Hi ,I'm foreign dentist .I applied for dental assistant position but no one called me. I'm so frustrated.do you think that they don't accept foreign dentists ? Please I'm waiting for your answers.

I'm surprised no one will hire u, I used to work in D.C., and they had alot of foreign dentist working as assistants or hygenist, If ur close to D.C., try looking for something there, u have more of a chance, but at the same time, maybe alot of Dentist are intimadated, if I spelled that rite! But try D.C if u can!

Brightwarmheart in Los Angeles, California

29 months ago

Maybe they think you'll expect high salary :(

Sara in Falls Church, Virginia

29 months ago

thank you ,I will try .

Joanna in Leesville, Louisiana

28 months ago

Heather said: i am trying to decide on taking a DA class at Penn Foster Career School. Am I just wasting my time? Has anyone succeeded from taking a class there?

I been thinking of taking the DA program too. I dont know if its the correct decision since its a online program. Just wondering did you ever do the program at Penn Foster?

noway in Indianapolis, Indiana

27 months ago

I can save anyone the aggrivation, time and money in Indiana anyhow. If you already make about $11 an hour don't bother going to dental assisting school. That's about what you will start as, and like others have said by the time you work your way up they don't want to pay you and will bring in a rookie.

I am single and pay my own bills and the doctors would also take off around the holidays for weeks and not pay you. Not easy to pay your bills when this happens.

Alot of jobs available are with private practices meaning lousy benefits, lousy sick pay - if any, and impatient dentists!

Lucky me I had work as an administrative asst for 12+ yrs, so I went back to that field of work.

Good luck!

Maymi552 in Spring Hill, Florida

25 months ago

Foster in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I'm interested in becoming a dental assistant . I have no experience in the field. Is it possible for dental facilities to hire you without dental knowledge and if so how difficult would that be? I've heard of people getting hired without prior experience, but would I be setting myself up for frustration. I've applied for assisting positions, but surprise surprise no one has called me for interviews.
My niece was hire without experience but I went to ATA Career Eduation and wasn't able to do my externship because the lady that was training me was sick with the flu and I got sick and I wasn't able to continue my externship , and when I ask about starting all over I was told that it was to short of time to made up 300 hours but when I went seeking for a new site , I came across at Lakeside Family Dental a student who had just begin her externship, so I got anger and I wrote my angry on the website not knowning that I was senting my poems to every student in the school. They got upset with me and had me withdraw without me signing any paper and now they got my fund which is 14000 and I have no training , so seek to be hire and then train. OK the school is all about money.

25 months ago

How can I get my externship with going back to the school , and take the state test, After all the school got my funds and I left dry , I knew something was up when the lady at the dental office was rushing me and not truly training me as a Dental Assistant , the school set me up for failure and I need to dust myself and get my externship so I can become a Dental Assistant. is there someone out there that can help me. Sincerely

25 months ago

labnjab in Rochester, New Hampshire said: I am still looking for a job in the dental field and I graduated from a 10 week dental assisting school in 2010. I have been on a few interviews and apply to at least 2 jobs or more a week crossing my fingers hoping someone will give me a chance. Hopefully someone will soon because I have basically lost all hope :(

Girl you have the same bad luck that I have , I went to ATA Career Education and I was withdraw because they got me anger at the way I was being treated , and I was set up to fail at my externship. the lady that was training me had the flu and low and behold I got the flu also so now Iam out of 14000 dollars that I have to pay back and no externship and no diploma , that school just wanted my funds. ok seeking a lawyer ok

joelcabradilla in San Jose, California

25 months ago

Foster in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I'm interested in becoming a dental assistant . I have no experience in the field. Is it possible for dental facilities to hire you without dental knowledge and if so how difficult would that be? I've heard of people getting hired without prior experience, but would I be setting myself up for frustration. I've applied for assisting positions, but surprise surprise no one has called me for interviews.

Well it will be difficult for you to get hired without any dental assisting knowledge. I am a dentist from the Philippines and been a dentist for 18 years and 9 years as an orthodontist over there and yet when migrated here and i applied for a dental assistant job they are asking for my x-ray license,RDA certificate. Is my experience as a dentist for so long is not enough to do an assistant job? I love to do the work even by just being an assistant.

Bryan in Mesa, Arizona

18 months ago

If you decide to go to a dental assisting program make sure that they help you get x ray certified. Almost every office will require this. I know of a school in Arizona www.dentalassistantschoolsaz.com They help you with this.

Megan in Rochester, New York

16 months ago

I just got hired at Q dental with no experience..M-F 8 to5..weekends off, paid holidays, 401k, and insurance...the only thing I have experience in is customer service for about 11+ years...this is probably why I got hired in The first place! I'm thankful

Labnjab in Rochester, New Hampshire

16 months ago

Megan in Rochester, New York said: I just got hired at Q dental with no experience..M-F 8 to5..weekends off, paid holidays, 401k, and insurance...the only thing I have experience in is customer service for about 11+ years...this is probably why I got hired in The first place! I'm thankful

That's awesome I am so happy for you. I have 11 yrs customer service experience and your story gives me hope.

Megan in Rochester, New York

16 months ago

New Hampshire; my advice? Go in confident, be yourself, all an interview really is..is a conversation for your future employer to get to know you...keep a smile on your face..and to throw them off when they ask if you have any questions? Ask them about themselves..how long they have been with the company how they like it and so on...DRESS TO IMPRESS yes it's just a dentist office but dress like you WANT them to know you want this job! I did that when I got my job at a gas station and did people stare? Yes but my manager still remembers what I was wearing cuz that was one highlight of me she liked. That I was professional even though it wasn't a very fancy place! Hand shake, eye contact, smile, sit still and agree with everything they say. If you need any,ore advice let me know!

DJ in Houston, Texas

5 months ago

I have completed the Dental Assistant Certificate Program at Lone Star College in Kingwood, TX and so far, only one month after school I have had one interview and most responses have been about wanting someone with more experience. The program was only three months long and I completed a 60 hour externship at an orthodontic office where I cleaned up after the dental assistants and sterilized instruments. That wasn't enough experience to prepare me to work in a dental office. I almost feel like it is better to enroll in a program that is longer, 6 months to one year that way you have more time to work on things like taking impressions and making temporary crowns. A lot of the places that I've applied to want an assistant with 2 years experience, nitrous oxide certified,coronal polishing and sealant certifications. I am going to see if I can volunteer in a dental office for awhile for more experience. I'm not giving up.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.