Interview Preparation

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming dental assistant interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

Wen

90 months ago

Let your perspective employer know that you are a TEAM player! One thing that tends to go on around here is the "diva" role, and it's a HUGE turnoff to the practice. Everyone needs to be a TEAM. Also, one question that tends to come up is "What can you offer to this practice?" You need to know who and what you are. Also asked is "What are your weak points and strong points?"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (132) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

jen in Ottawa, Ontario

83 months ago

yes they will definitely ask you if you are a team player, as well as what are you weakness and strengths...also they might ask why did you choose this office to apply to as well as what can you bring positively to this office....you can probably look it up on google i swear all the interviews i have gone to have asked the same questions...they must get them off the internet

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

marsnglaz@gmail.com in Phoenix, Arizona

48 months ago

Are theses good answers for interview ?'s listed above? If not please help and be nice..lol. Thanx
Are you a team Player?
Yes, at a dental office it important that you are able to work and communicate with others to keep the office running smoothly and accomplish outstanding performance of service.
What can you bring to this office?
I love my career in dentistry and feel that my great attitude towards my job helps keeps a positive work environment. I work hard take orders well and have no problem finding something to do to keep the office running well.
Why did you choose this office?
I chose this office because it is a pediatric office I love working with children and would love to continue my career in pediatric dentistry. I like the fact that this office has goals in customer satisfaction. (Should I mention anything about the location being easy for me to get to ?)
......................Thanx I look forward to feed back..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (85) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

marsnglaz@gmail.com in Phoenix, Arizona

48 months ago

I need a refresher coarse in x-rays, going to take my test but i understand they are very hard . Anyone know where I can get help?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Kathy in Orlando, Florida

48 months ago

A working interview is very important in our profession. It's an opportunity for you to show your skills and see how you work with a doctor and other team. It's stressful too, but it's only the way that a dentist would decide to hire you or another person. It's also a lot of other things...you may even not to know. Very often it's just depends who you are. That's it. And they don't care for your skills. However, I think, your skills and experience are very important in the office where the dentist really wants to do good business, but unfortunately, most of them are bad businesspeople and bad "human resources people" too...lol.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Smileysuzie in redwing, Minnesota

48 months ago

I see it as the other way around too, you can tell if you will like the dr. or not.
Don't want to jump into "marriage" before even a blind date ;-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Exactly...lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Actually I had a crummy day....I need a 'divorce' :-(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Take it easy...Don't rush with a decision, may be everything isn't too bad like it seems.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

I've [increasingly] had a lot of crummy days actually. :-((((( and I'm burned out -again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

It happens. It happened to me many times too. I "restored" myself then again and again. I even don't know, how I do it, but it works.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

tried to "divorce" today. He won't grant (ha) me one.........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

zemfira.puzniak@yahoo.com in Wayne, Pennsylvania

39 months ago

Kathy in Orlando, Florida said: A working interview is very important in our profession. It's an opportunity for you to show your skills and see how you work with a doctor and other team. It's stressful too, but it's only the way that a dentist would decide to hire you or another person. It's also a lot of other things...you may even not to know. Very often it's just depends who you are. That's it. And they don't care for your skills. However, I think, your skills and experience are very important in the office where the dentist really wants to do good business, but unfortunately, most of them are bad businesspeople and bad "human resources people" too...lol.
My name is Zemfira. Had my 1st interview in Philadelphia in AM.I have 14 years experience all phases dental industry and a former teacher.I did everything to pass the interview.I met the head Dentist.Was very impolite.When I left office the interviewer said goodbye but the Dentist possibly a "Legend in his Mind" did not say goodbye just kept his back turned.Some of these Dentists ought to show some good manners. If offered a job at this office I plan to say no.And you are right How does the dentist know if the one he hires will do well under stress.Interview with words are not enough.Actions in performance of skills of dentistry should be taken into account.I just believe all this stuffabout team player and the like is good but go into a dental firm and enter the real world and then find out if there are really team players.I know from experience and that's why I am looking for another dental job.Don't know if I will find one.Most dentists are strange and have wacy personalities.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Avalencia in Los Angeles, California

32 months ago

I'm going into an interview today at bright now dental. I hope it goes well I've heard these chain dental offices don't pay very well. Last week I had an interview at a private office one operatory office. I'm really hoping for that office to call me, it's a lot more personal kind of office and I bet they Kay is better. Any tips ??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.