Need help! Can't decide between two job offers as Dental Assistant.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

GG in Aurora, Colorado

15 months ago

Hi everyone,

After applying for several weeks and going to several interviews I finally got some job offers but I can't decide which one to pick.

Practice A is a two doctors office with around 8 employees. I would work there around 40 hours/week as a floating assistant.

Practice B is a brand new practice which is about to open. The doctor has been working at another practice before. I would be the only assistant next to a front desk person and a hygienist so he said I would run the back office. I would only work for 30 hours/week in the beginning though.

Both places offer the same hourly pay.

What do you guys think will be better?

Hope someone has some advice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

still retired in Texas

15 months ago

I think Practice A. If the practice is well-established and has low turnover, your ahead of the game, in many ways. And most of all your gut feeling at the time of your interview should weigh in your decsion . Where do you feel most confortable or better fit? Best of luck. keep us posted!

GG in Aurora, Colorado

15 months ago

Thanks for the fast reply.

Moneywise Practice A would definitely be better. I could barely cover my expenses with the pay from Practice B. I was just thinking that I would have a lot more responsibility in Practice B and maybe a better chance of advancement but who knows since it will be a new practice.

I had a good feeling at both interviews. The dentist from Practice B seemed a little nicer than the dentists from Practice A though.

This is such a tough one. For weeks I was just hoping to get one offer but now with the two...have to make a decision soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

still retired in Texas

14 months ago

Hey GG, how is it going for you? Did you get the job?

GG in Aurora, Colorado

14 months ago

Hey, thanks for asking. Iit just got really crazy. Got three more offers so in the end I had to decide between five and not just two jobs. I went with Practice B though. I just had the best feeling with that one and could picture myself the best at that place.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.