Obtaining your license in Texas

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

diane hollie in Plano, Texas

101 months ago

does anyone have a copy of their exams? I am in school, but have received so many different things to study, it's overwhelming. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kayce in Dallas, Texas

101 months ago

Where are you taking the Dental Assistant Registration Course? There is one coming up in January on the 12th in North Dallas. Go to www.dentalteambuilding.com and it will give you the dates and locations. There is a course manual that covers everything that will be in the course and on the examination. You should do just fine!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

marie in Pearland, Texas

101 months ago

Is their a closer assistant registration course. Maybe in houston?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

101 months ago

thanks, but my actual question was, is there a tutorial, or study test available on line.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

101 months ago

Kayce in Dallas, Texas said: Where are you taking the Dental Assistant Registration Course? There is one coming up in January on the 12th in North Dallas. Go to www.dentalteambuilding.com and it will give you the dates and locations. There is a course manual that covers everything that will be in the course and on the examination. You should do just fine!

how can I get the manuel, I'am at ATI

Kayce in Dallas, Texas

101 months ago

diane hollie in Plano, Texas said: how can I get the manuel, I'am at ATI

You can go online at www.dentalteambuilding.com to order a manual.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kayce in Dallas, Texas

101 months ago

No, there is no tutorial online. The course is the tutorial.

Kayce in Dallas, Texas

101 months ago

We may be giving some courses in Houston in the future. Right now we don't have any scheduled there but if there is enough of a need we will. My e-mail address is kchcda@hotmail.com. If you have others who are needing the registration course, please let us know and we will be happy to set something up to accommodate you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mrs Woods in Pine Bluff, Arkansas

97 months ago

Kayce in Dallas, Texas said: A law was passed 4 years ago that require dental assistants in the state of Texas to obtain a license through the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners. To do this they must attend a Board approved course in Radiology, Infection Control and Jurisprudence and pass an exam. Then they must send a copy of the certificate that is proof of passing the exam with a current copy of their CPR, a copy of their SS#card and a $50 application fee with their notorized application. When the Board receives this they will either approve or deny the application. If approved, they will then ask for the licensure fee which will be computer determined and pro-rated depending on how many months until the applicant will be required to renew their license. It usually ranges from about $12 to $35. You can go online to find out more about this process and also about courses available at www.dentalteambuilding.com through Baylor College of Dentistry. There will also be CE courses posted on the website. For additional information you can write to me directly at kchcda@hotmail.com

I am a RDA in AR. How do I go by being able to work in TX. My family are looking to relocate ASAP. Please help. email me (Mrs Woods) @ mrsjawjr@yahoo.com

YAdi in Houston, Texas

79 months ago

Kayce in Dallas, Texas said: We may be giving some courses in Houston in the future. Right now we don't have any scheduled there but if there is enough of a need we will. My e-mail address is kchcda@hotmail.com. If you have others who are needing the registration course, please let us know and we will be happy to set something up to accommodate you.

HI i just move to Houston 3 week a go and i am interested in getting my certification of a dental assistant and radiology licence can you please tell me were do i need to go to do it i have work for olmost 3 years in the fill in OHIO and Boise Idaho please let me know what i need to do to get back on track and back to work.

Veronica R in La Porte, Texas

46 months ago

Hi everyone, I'm a Dental Assistant Student at a school in Houston, TX. I'm towards the end of the program. I wanted to know if any of you knew of any websites that carry reviews for the TSB test?

Lauren in Wimberley, Texas

45 months ago

Does anyone know about the Central Texas Dental Assisting program in San Marcos?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.