Question

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

indeeduser in Allen, Texas

47 months ago

I was a patient of a dentist. There was some work done on my teeth and I felt something was not right during the procedure. I am an immigrant and ignorant of the professional rules and technical details. The dental assistant was kind to me. Please advise me if it is acceptable to check with the dental assistant about something that I thought was not correct. I would appreciate if you can give an answer even if it is a big "NO" and also the reason.

Thanks,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

EmergenceProfile in Harvard, Illinois

47 months ago

indeeduser in Allen, Texas said: I was a patient of a dentist. There was some work done on my teeth and I felt something was not right during the procedure. I am an immigrant and ignorant of the professional rules and technical details. The dental assistant was kind to me. Please advise me if it is acceptable to check with the dental assistant about something that I thought was not correct. I would appreciate if you can give an answer even if it is a big "NO" and also the reason.

Thanks,

To be perfectly honest , what asst is going to incriminate her employer doc, even if she felt something "wasn't right". Never. They keep their mouth shut . Say , there was mistreatment and she told you so...the pt will in return discuss issue with doc and it comes full cirlcle and asst. is approached by doc for telling. Please! Why would we do that!!? Even if the doc is a total jerk, the asst is going to side with the doc or stay out of it.
Anyway, what makes you think something "wasn't right"? details please. A "gut" feeling is nothing tangible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

indeeduserdata in Texas

39 months ago

I do not want to give details as it is sensitive. I would like to know what had occurred but the only people who had witnessed was the assistants. Therefore I was checking if I could contact the assistants. If I cannot contact the assistants, is there any way I could find the answers. I do not want to pursue anything that requires exposure of my name as I have a family. I greatly appreciate your replies.

Thanks,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.