REQUIREMENTS AS D.A. FOR A FOREIGN DENTIST

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 96)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Senor Citason

86 months ago

So sorry. Dentist not need District Attorney. You get job at local courthouse perhaps?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

ST in Ripon, California

85 months ago

My wife is pursuing her BDS final year and about to complete her exans in May 2007 but she has to also do her House surgeon for one more year...However she is planning to study DDS and then work in US but my question to gurus is her university can provide her a certificate saying she studied her course without internship in India after her exams and I am thinking as she has to however study DDS so can she come like that with out house surgeon do you think that will be problwm in getting admission for DDS and also in future if we return back to India.Please suggest me on this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (60) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

Maritza Villanueva

84 months ago

dr c in Pune, India said: thanks martiza..

do they need social security no also..and that's only for the citizens..

i mean which visa do i need to have to legally work in the united states..

I am sorry to be late. I was so busy. Yes you need a social security. You have to be a legal resident. So about your visa depend how is your status here. If you have a visa from the any company that you are working or your spouse. I think you can study only. But anyways you can call UCIS for more information about wich visa you need. Bye.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

emma in Houston, Texas

84 months ago

do you hav the number for dba and what is rda i have a friend that has her degrees from mexico as dds and she want to come to texas to work

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sherry in Katy, Texas

77 months ago

Maritza Villanueva said: Very interesting! I am a dentist from Venezuela and joined to work as dental assistant since 2004. In my opinion if you are looking for this job. You have to call NDB and ask them if you can work without license. Why? because I am living in Texas and if you want to work here as DA you have to get your RDA.It is mandatory in this state. I do not in NY. It is my suggestion for you. Good luck colleage! Mary

could you please tell me what you mean with NDB and RDA.I have been in the same situation and i want to know Could I work as a dental assistant in Houston.
thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Alondra in Tijuana, Mexico

77 months ago

The only way is to pass NBDE I, then enter a University for at least two years, mean while take the NBDE II, then after the bench. Where you can get more information is Welcome Back Center from Grossmont College, contact@welcomebackcenter.org. (619) 409-6417

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Maritza Villanueva

77 months ago

Hi. Sherry RDA means Register Dental Assistant. You can take the dental assistant program for 6 months at anytime. They will give you lectures, labs and exterships. Then you will take the test with State Board of Dental Examiners and will be registered. For more information call me at 713 425 3116 ask for Dr Villanueva.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

simintaei in Iran, Iran, Islamic Republic of

69 months ago

How an Iranian dentist could get ready for NBDE part 1?what are the exact references?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Gangatharan Ramasamy in Namakkal, India

68 months ago

Hi , I'm a dental graduate and willing to work in mauritius. i just want to know the Possibility of my practice and registration details.. thank you..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Nash in Norwood, Massachusetts

67 months ago

You people, should stay at your home countries helping your people.... Why you want to come to the US? It is not brilliant at all what you think about dentistry here. It is very expensive and complex to get licensed with foreign diploma...Immigration is tough right now, and local Americans are concern about their job security to...

Working as a dental assistant (if you can get any visa on this basis)is not good idea and will not open the door for becoming the dentist here....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (49) Reply - Report abuse

zalyssa04 in Houston, Texas

67 months ago

I REALLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU STARTED WITH YOU PEOPLE. I AM A US CITIZEN AND I WAS JUST ASKING A QUESTION FOR A FRIEND. YOU ARE PROBABLY BITTER BECAUSE WHO CAN NOT FIND A JOB OR YOU HAVE NOT MASTERED HOW TO KEEP A JOB. THE U.S. HAS MANY CULTURES AND AT TIMES A PERSON WOULD LIKE A CHANGE OF ENVIRONMENT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

rocamargo in Edison, New Jersey

64 months ago

hi i am a colombian dentist and i lookingfor a job with dental assistant thanks in edison nj or near

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dentist in Linköping, Sweden

61 months ago

hi im iraqi dentist and live now in sweden and have permanent residency here..... i like to work as dental assistant in california.... can some body help me with a tips..... if i need this course for 6 months, can i study here then do my examn in usa and be registerd.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Ann in Memphis, Tennessee

61 months ago

Can I get work in Mexico if I am certified dental assistant in the united states.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

america.rmz@hotmail.com

59 months ago

Hi, I would like to know what's your equivalent title in USA, do you have a Degree here? I got my transcripts for ECE and my equivalent is 5 years of study in a dental program with no degree!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Netdentista in Queluz, Portugal

59 months ago

Olá, procuro colaboradores.

www.netdentista.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

leila_9tita in Rabat, Morocco

59 months ago

Hi, I am from morocco and I will move to the us soon. I will live in toledo, Oh.
Before I went to technical school to be a dental technician I have been working at a clinic as a dental assistant. I have been trained by the dentist and his old assistant. In the us I will be working on getting into college to be a dental hygienist and I was wondering if I will be able to find a job as a dental assistant without a degree, but depending on the experience that I have from my actual school and my previous training.
Just to mention I speak three languages: english obviously, french and arabic.
I would be soooo glad to hear from u folks.
Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gail in Longmeadow, Massachusetts

59 months ago

leila_9tita in Rabat, Morocco said: Hi, I am from morocco and I will move to the us soon. I will live in toledo, Oh.
Before I went to technical school to be a dental technician I have been working at a clinic as a dental assistant. I have been trained by the dentist and his old assistant. In the us I will be working on getting into college to be a dental hygienist and I was wondering if I will be able to find a job as a dental assistant without a degree, but depending on the experience that I have from my actual school and my previous training.
Just to mention I speak three languages: english obviously, french and arabic.
I would be soooo glad to hear from u folks.
Thanks!

You should be able to work in the US as a FTA (formally trained assistant) when you come to the US check with a dental facility where you move.. most are willing to work with you as a FTA the pay may not be as great as a CDA or RDA, if you have worked previously doing this job.. you may benefit to check with DANB for licensing qualifications you may all ready be able to take DANB exam to be CDA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

leila_9tita in Rabat, Morocco

59 months ago

Gail in Longmeadow, Massachusetts said: You should be able to work in the US as a FTA (formally trained assistant) when you come to the US check with a dental facility where you move.. most are willing to work with you as a FTA the pay may not be as great as a CDA or RDA, if you have worked previously doing this job.. you may benefit to check with DANB for licensing qualifications you may all ready be able to take DANB exam to be CDA

Thanks Gail,
I am really planning on getting licensing.
I heard that working as an assistant will help me a lot to go to school for hygienist.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gail in Longmeadow, Massachusetts

59 months ago

you are very welcome. Good luck in school and job hunting...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

job4da in New York, New York

59 months ago

Please email a resume to job4da@gmail.com. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

tina in Mexico, Mexico

58 months ago

Hi, I'm a dental hygienist. I did my schooling in Alberta Canada. I am living in Mexico city and I am looking for work. Are there any dentists here that would allow me to work out of your office?

tina

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gail in Springfield, Massachusetts

56 months ago

Go to indeed.com and look there and they will send you updates to new positions available in the area you are looking to work. also if you are looking to come to Massachusetts a good site is masslive.com. these are sites that have been very helpful in finding employment for me. Go the ADAA website and they also have links to jobs. there are also temporary jobs out there agencies that hire temp assistants to fill in when there is a lapse of staff. try looking into those as well they pay well and could also aid in getting full time employment. if you are English speaking and have had more then 5 years of training and or experience you could also apply to the local technical schools. they teach assisting. this is a well paying job. I am waiting till I get my 6 years and then i am going to go teach.

kristenH in Winnipeg, Manitoba

54 months ago

Hello, I am a registere Dental Assistant living and working in Canada, wondering what I need to do to be able to work in Mexico, any info. would be appreciated!

Thanks

alex in Rushden, United Kingdom

54 months ago

HI.I am UK citizen.I am a Qualified Dental Nures NVQ level 3 in Oral Healthcare in Dental Nursing and 2 yrs experince. Is my qualification is recognized in Canada, can I work and live in Canada.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

alex in Nuneaton, United Kingdom

54 months ago

COULD YOU CLARIFY YOUR COMMENT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dr trivikram in Hyderabad, India

53 months ago

hi, i am planning to do dental hygienist course in canada and i need to are there any job after coplition of the course

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rayne Coulombe in Magog, Quebec

53 months ago

i,m going to attend my dental assistant program here in Quebec, and am wondering because my French is not strong if it's possible to apply for a visa and get a job in the u.s.a so i do not have to move out of province...... let me know if the demand is high and worth all this.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dcolon in Denver, Colorado

53 months ago

hey , everyone I`m also a foreing-trained dentist from dominican republic traying to persuit my career here,I had worked as CDA, got tired and now I`m planning to go back to dental school.
I`m so glad there`re people like me, and trying to move foward...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

miri in Bronx, New York

51 months ago

algeria in Snellville, Georgia said: reading u is a waist of time , my turn to ask u the same question why did nt u stay back home? who knows where u come from ;stupid head your english is worst than mine go to hell

america offers many opportunities, if any of you want to validate your degree as a dentist ,there is a big shortage of dentist everywhere , do not listen to frustrated dentist that are tired of the profesion, if you loved what u do, this is the country to practice your proffesion, it is expensive is true but believe me it is worth it, I came from Dominican Republic and Believe me there are many dentist in new york but, everyone can work and do really good, again that if you love what u do, I trained in california for my license, just please never practice without a license.

good luck to everyone

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

487 in Jakarta, Indonesia

51 months ago

miri in Bronx, New York said: america offers many opportunities, if any of you want to validate your degree as a dentist ,there is a big shortage of dentist everywhere , do not listen to frustrated dentist that are tired of the profesion, if you loved what u do, this is the country to practice your proffesion, it is expensive is true but believe me it is worth it, I came from Dominican Republic and Believe me there are many dentist in new york but, everyone can work and do really good, again that if you love what u do, I trained in california for my license, just please never practice without a license.

good luck to everyone

u really are inspiring me, thanx.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MOLLY in Paris, France

50 months ago

I'm a qualified dental assistant in france, is the diploma valid to work in Newyork,canada,or australia?

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSES...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kathy in Orlando, Florida

50 months ago

I heard in New York, u don't have to have any. Why do u want to leave Paris? It's so beautiful! I always wanted to visit that gorgeous city.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MOLLY in Paris, France

50 months ago

Hello,

I've been living In Paris for 4yrs and need a change.I've always wanted to visit Newyork! Whats it like living there? Is it easy to find an appartment? Thanks for your reply§

KIND REGARDS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sandra in Houston, Texas

49 months ago

Maritza Villanueva said: Very interesting! I am a dentist from Venezuela and joined to work as dental assistant since 2004. In my opinion if you are looking for this job. You have to call NDB and ask them if you can work without license. Why? because I am living in Texas and if you want to work here as DA you have to get your RDA.It is mandatory in this state. I do not in NY. It is my suggestion for you. Good luck colleage! Mary

Mary can u tell me what does mean DA... and where did u get your RDA.? wich school ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ansam from Iraq in USA in Iraq

48 months ago

Hello,Im dentist from Iraq and have 6 years dental experience and i have dental assistant qualification because i got it here in Texas just to be inside dental clinic

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sandra F in Houston, Texas

48 months ago

Hi Im in texas too, where did you get your RDA? which school?

Sandra F in Houston, Texas

48 months ago

Ansam from Iraq in USA in Iraq said: Hello,Im dentist from Iraq and have 6 years dental experience and i have dental assistant qualification because i got it here in Texas just to be inside dental clinic

where did u study here in texas? which school

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ansam in Karrada, Iraq

48 months ago

i studied online in Texas Academy for general dentistry and im living in Houston,Texas.
also i passed exam and got 96% because it's something too easy for me.

Ansam

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ansam from Iraq in USA in Karrada, Iraq

48 months ago

i studied online in Texas Academy for general dentistry and im living in Houston,Texas.
also i passed the exam and got 96% because it's something too easy for me.

Ansam

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

also i passed the exam and got 96% because it's something too easy for me.

Ansam

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

also i passed exam and got 96% because it's something too easy for me.

Ansam

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Hello,i studied in Texas Academy of general dentistry and passed an exam and got 96% because im originally dentist it's too easy to me that's why im (american qualified dental assistant.

Ansam

shehla in San Ramon, California

48 months ago

harman in New Delhi, India said: dr c in India said: hi all... i am new to this forum..

i am a dentist from india. just passed my B.D.S. degree..
i want to know that can i practice as a Dental assistant in u.s.a. or do i need to do any course or licencing..

ultimately i 'll like to go for dds,, and for the time being i need to work as d.a. in california or new york..

HI..
I have done my bds from india n jus came USA..so i want to ask u can i work as dental assistant here without any license

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Kathy in Cocoa, Florida

48 months ago

Go to DANB( Dental Assisting National Board). I heard, in NY u don't have to have any certifications, in CA - yes, u have to. Good Luck.

israa in Khartoum, Sudan

48 months ago

dentist in Linköping, Sweden said: hi im iraqi dentist and live now in sweden and have permanent residency here..... i like to work as dental assistant in california.... can some body help me with a tips..... if i need this course for 6 months, can i study here then do my examn in usa and be registerd.

Am sorry i cant help with your question, but i have an inquiry for my self about Sweden.
Am from Sudan, am a dentist. I plan to practice in sweden as a dentist as my Fiancée is a Swedish Citizenship holder and i plan to join him. Can you guide me to the method of registration in sweden and are there any exams i have to sit for.

Thanks you
Israa

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

beladi in Engadine, Australia

43 months ago

eddie in Falls Church, Virginia said: hi every body ok my wife she is a dentist in my formal country algeria and she will join me next year so what can i do for her to let her practice her degree thank you

go to us dental counil and ask, it is n easy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

aabha in Atlanta, Georgia

42 months ago

im new in marietta.......can u guide me abt dental hygienist or assistant certificate........

miri in Bronx, New York said: america offers many opportunities, if any of you want to validate your degree as a dentist ,there is a big shortage of dentist everywhere , do not listen to frustrated dentist that are tired of the profesion, if you loved what u do, this is the country to practice your proffesion, it is expensive is true but believe me it is worth it, I came from Dominican Republic and Believe me there are many dentist in new york but, everyone can work and do really good, again that if you love what u do, I trained in california for my license, just please never practice without a license.

good luck to everyone

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

renu in Marietta, Georgia

41 months ago

aabha in Atlanta, Georgia said: im in atlanta.GA could help me doing that course.........any link...thank u so much

hi abha...im renu .also a dentist from india..moved to atlanta just 2 mths back...i am also looking forward to working as a dental assistant..but wonder if doing its course is mandatory or if any doctor gives the training o job...
pls guide me how u r pursuing it
thx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (78) / No (29) Reply - Report abuse

zuzi in Dublin, Ireland

41 months ago

Hey LADS!!!

Does anybody know abt courses for dental technicians....????or any advices where to find a job in this trade in cool atmosphere??? lol,so much preasure with most of them.....!!! whats goin on???? I'm willing to go wherever....just wanna to work in my trade.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.