Salary for DA and RDA

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 236)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Lora in La Jolla, California

53 months ago

Seriously? in Los Angeles, California said: I know this was posted a while ago, and this forum is mainly a whine fest, but this post just rubbed me the wrong way. Think about it for just a second. Do you really believe the new doc was just handed the practice and is magically established and debt free after his (likely) recent graduation from 8+ years of school? You think he is in exactly the same position as the old doc to reward his new staff that hasn't really done anything for him yet? In reality, the new doc just took out a massive loan to buy that practice and that is where most of the office's production is going. What little is left after that mostly goes to student loan payments. You want to make yourself worth the bonuses (think about that word for a minute too)? Help increase production and make that doctor some money.

Why it sould be her problem that the doctor has to pay his school and business loans?? She has her own life, family and loans. If you can't afford that just don't buy a practice, be an associate. Or hire a new grads for minimum range. Or buy a small practice then expand. Or do something else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Holly in Los Angeles, California

52 months ago

RDA to Orthodontist in Lincoln, Nebraska said: Continued from last post...... I am a straight shooter and I don't like to dance around issues. I love to have fun and I love to see my assistants have fun and enjoy what they are doing. I don't consider orthodontics a job, it's too much fun to be considered such. I didn't come from rich parents, in fact my family was considered poor and frequently received assistance from our church. I have 5 siblings and know what it means to live in the shoes of the assistants, especially since I was one myself.

I know there's not much chance of getting a response to this thread as it's so old, but I want to know about getting into dental school as an RDA. Was the experience a bonus? I'm in the same position as you stated, I love dentistry and want to be a dentist but part of me wonders if the admissions people wouldn't just scoff at the lowly assistant trying to make more of herself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dennis in Greentown, Indiana

52 months ago

Holly

I am also an RDA as well and I am also planning to continue my education. I have been completeingb my pre-dental classes, and getting ready to take my DAT's in the next month or so!! With that said I do encourage you to continue on and become a dentist!! If you are serious about continueimg on I would def contact ur college and check around which university has a program, once u do I would advise u to attend any dental day that they offer to up coming students!!! Btw holly u being an RDA and already have experince in the dental field will b a plus when you apply for the dental program, they do not just choose applicants with straight A's they are looking to see how u do on your DATs!! Good luck Holly!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

sara lynn in South Bend, Indiana

52 months ago

hi, im 19 years and i was just accepted into a very good and accredited dental assisting program, indiana university-purdue university-fort wayne, which also offers ortho assisting classes that i am interested in. BUT i am worried that i too and going to hate my job and the pay will be horrible, i kind of want to forget the program and just go for hygiene BUT i still need to take chem, bio, AND micro bio and get good grades in them to even get into the hygiene progam, plus i am horrible in math and science, im not sure if i can even pass the classes. if i fail them i will have wasted a year of my life and deynied a great, resepected dental assisting school. who knows what i will do then!! is it to big of a risk? HELP!!! i only have a week untill i give the IPFW assisting program my awnser.

debbie in Whittier, California

52 months ago

I really think you should take the DA program first to see if you really like the dental field, then become an RDA. I think you will like it and understand the dental field if you go in these steps first. Good Luck, but don't sell yourself short and stop at just a dental assistant become a RDA and then the HYG you want and are dreaming about. Good Luck and think positive you will do good in school.

karly in Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom

52 months ago

hi, im 22 years old and was wondering if anyone could help me?? im a fully qualified dental nurse hoping to move to Canada and iv been researching and by the looks of things it looks like im gonna have to sit my dental nursing exam again when i move?? how do i do this? how long does it take and can anyone roughly tell me the cost? I have 4 and 1/2 years experience will this be taken into consideration? HELP please!!! lol

difjuz in Los Angeles, California

51 months ago

I just wanted to drop a note regarding RDA salaries. If you want to make more money as an RDA I would advise you to become an orthodontic RDA. I have been an orthodontic RDA for about 15 years. I currently work four days FT with benefits and make 25hr. I work another day(permanent P/T) making 26hr, and another day twice a month also at 26hr. I guess I might be the exception since I work in the Beverly Hills and South Bay area. I absolutely enjoy the work. I happen to work for some exceptional perfectionists who are fanatically gung ho about orthodontics.I tend to feed off there energy and talents. I'm always looking for ways to perfect the craft. You really need to have this type of ambition to succeed in any work related endeavor. I'm a huge fan of being one's own self biggest fan. Hygiene and Master ceramist programs are very competitive but I know of hygienists making 400-600 dollars a day and a master ceramist thats working in quality control making a six figure salary in the areas that I work. Just becuase you want to be something doesn't mean your cut out for it and have the smarts and talent. Be realistic with yourself before embarking on a costly and time consuming journey. By the way I'm male. Hello to all my male friends who are in the dental biz. CIAO!!!!

calpr in Costa Mesa, California

50 months ago

I feel so bad for RDAs. My wife has had her RDA for years and has worked in the dental field for over twenty five years. But as others have stated, doctors do not want to pay. The longer my wife is in the field, the less she makes. Now there are a very few, and I say again "Very Few" Doctors out there that care about their staff, but most of them do not. And if you do find that 1%, stay and hope that the doctor never retires or dies. Other so call doctors think they are above all others. They could not run a dental office on their own, but yet do not want to share in the large amount they earn, or let me just say "what they make". Young people should stay away from the Dental field, unless they are to become dentist themselves. Being a Dental Assistant or a Registered Dental Assistant is not worth it. The state of California has a lot of requirements and fees to become and maintain your RDA status as if you were treated as a professional. Unless you want to be in the "Poverty Line" for the rest of your life, while the dentist you work for is living the life, "STAY AWAY".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

bree in Las Vegas, Nevada

50 months ago

do you have to be a dental assistant first to be a orthodontic assistant? does anyone know which pays more? and i've researched schools for this but there arent that many....

rvknmb in Burleson, Texas

50 months ago

I have been reading all of your comments on how much the Dr's rip the assistants off. Wouldn't it be a day, if all of us could organize a massive walk off of our jobs all over the country in protest. I know, it's rediculous, but fun to think about!

Divatooth in Lebanon, Ohio

50 months ago

rvnmb in Burleson : Great idea! But as you know most of them wouldn't get it or of understand the whole out come of the day. Blind to everyone else but themself. All about me sydrome! LOL to all Great Assistant everywhere. Over worked and under payed and taken for granted. Stay strong don't let them break you. We know who runs the office even if they do but won't admit to anyone. Have a good laugh and keep up the good work ladies!

Mauiboarder in Chicago, Illinois

50 months ago

bree in Las Vegas, Nevada said: do you have to be a dental assistant first to be a orthodontic assistant? does anyone know which pays more? and i've researched schools for this but there arent that many....

most often ortho pays more then general I work for an ortho office here in the Midwest making 23hr! Although my wages is quite well for the area doesn't mean all ortho offices pay as well as the one I'm working for! These wages come with lots of responsiblities as well!!! No it's not required that u have to be a dental asst first before working for an ortho office.

olivia in Santa Barbara, California

50 months ago

Becky in Berkeley, California said: I thought that I could combine my previous experience in accounting and customer service and become a EFDA. Are there any out there that make over $20.00 and hour. I have heard of RDA in the Berkeley, CA are making $24.00 and hour. I am not new to the job market and am willing to work all over in the office.

I really think it is a matter of other RDA's not taking jobs for less and setting some standards for equal pay for equal work!

TKS

I know a DDS in SB pays RDA expanded $50.00 an hr
You need to work in a upscale town to make a living
We should form a union and not allow the abuse-no breaks-working into lunch--cleaning like a dog

$50.00 a hour

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Kathy in Orlando, Florida

50 months ago

This comment is for Lizzy from Florida. I am CDA from Florida.What can I say about your expectations in this field? Everybody knows, that DAs in Florida earn very less. The problem is that it's not necessary to be Certified...even educated...dental asst in Florida. Dentists hire people without education and train them...and it's easy for them to find a job than for me,CDA, 7 years of experience. For you...may be you have a chance, only don't think,that you get high pay. They'll give you $10 per hour...and treat you, like...nothing! They revenge you for your education( don't dream about any appreciation)...and they pay the same wages as to uneducated people. And they make them to teach you how to assist to a dentist, that to humiliate you even more. Assistants in Florida earn $12 per hour, if you have some experience. In Companies, like CoastDental, and others $14-16, however, you have to survive there...they hire new people every week!

50 months ago

By the way, if you speak Spanish, it helps. If you don't...don't even try any profession in services at all in Florida! Remember, that private dental practices in Florida are mostly family practices. It means, that Dentist's WIFE has to like you too! So, if you are pretty, like me, this not even doesn't help, it ruins all of your career. Just look carefully at Florida Dental Assistants...if you find any pretty, as someone on this Forum said...

blackzhem in Los Angeles, California

49 months ago

Being an RDA myself I couldn't agree more with what is stated below! First, let's unveil a "big" secret- very few people become dentists because they like it, in most cases, unfortunately, the smell of potential big bucks attracts them!Those coming from other countries usually have poor command of local language/culture and find this career opportunity to match best their "intellectual skills". Expecting a fair treatment from this sort of ignorant minds is at minimum naive.Be aware, every business has it's own culture,for this one- (1) play dumb. According to my observations they don't like smart, witty, brainy people. Your best bet is a constant idiotic smile over your face, and occasional giggle. (2) Be an ass kisser. Frequent "wow's" or adorations will help, but nothing can tramp mentioning a fall out filling or open margins of a crown made by a competitor dentist across the street. To sum it up- stay away from this field and put your mind and efforts into something more enjoyable and decent.

calpr in Costa Mesa, California said: I feel so bad for RDAs. My wife has had her RDA for years and has worked in the dental field for over twenty five years. But as others have stated, doctors do not want to pay. The longer my wife is in the field, the less she makes. Now there are a very few, and I say again "Very Few" Doctors out there that care about their staff, but most of them do not. And if you do find that 1%, stay and hope that the doctor never retires or dies. Other so call doctors think they are above all others. They could not run a dental office on their own, but yet do not want to share in the large amount they earn, or let me just say "what they make". Young people should stay away from the Dental field, unless they are to become dentist themselves. Being a Dental Assistant or a Registered De

49 months ago

Yes. It's so true!

sonia in Sacramento, California

49 months ago

lizzle in Sacramento, California said: Hi there!
I'm just curious to see what you all get paid as DA's and RDA's? I am just about to graduate my DA program and am a little unsure about what to ask for. Our teacher told us to do research for our area and field and not to under sell ourselves. Im trying to see what would be a reasonable wage to ask for.

well young lady it depends on the area that you live in I worked in the bay area was making 19.00hr. I now live in sacramento and the dentist here only offer DA 10.00 hr no more than 12.00 I have a much better paying job now however they wanted me to become an RDA so I broke down and took the test waitng for my results so young lady I hoped this helps you it just depends but I do know one the specialty office pays the best OS or perio

N Indy in Forest, Indiana

49 months ago

lizzle in Sacramento, California said: Hi there!
I'm just curious to see what you all get paid as DA's and RDA's? I am just about to graduate my DA program and am a little unsure about what to ask for. Our teacher told us to do research for our area and field and not to under sell ourselves. Im trying to see what would be a reasonable wage to ask for.

truthfully I would get out of the dental field altogether!! For one DA's are dime a dozen to all dentist that's why they only pay 10-12 hr!! RDA's wages isn't any better!! I'm an RDA from Cali working in the Midwest for an ortho and I'm only makin 23hr which is very good for my area! Truthfully I'm gettin out of the dental field because I couldn't see myself making 23hr for the rest of my life!! Good luck with ur search!

49 months ago

I wouldn't believe those advertisements...It would be very good, that to be the TRUTH. All of them are SCAMS!!! You can get in big troubles and lose everything you have!

sally in Modesto, California

49 months ago

Anna in Anaheim, California said: I have not found another job yet, doctors do not seem to want
to pay over $20. As far as unemployment goes, the doctor has
made false statements concerning my termination and I find my-
self fighting to get unemployment.

keep fighting you will get it i just went through the same thing.

Marce in Lakewood, California

48 months ago

Amber in Roseville, California said: HA Im a Front office manager/dental assistant/marketing consultant (Ill just say its ME and the doctor and thats it) and they're paying me 9.00 an hour. Sometimes, especially when your trying to get your foot in the door, you have to make a sacrefice to get the expirence you need to advance further in your career. Take what you can get and keep an eye out for something better.

$9.00 dollars???..why dont you just work at McDonald's then??

$

48 months ago

for $9.00 why don't you work at Mcdonald's???

48 months ago

for $9.00 why don't you work at Mcdonald's???

48 months ago

$9.00 is very less to be a front office manager.

48 months ago

rvknmb in Burleson, Texas said: I have been reading all of your comments on how much the Dr's rip the assistants off. Wouldn't it be a day, if all of us could organize a massive walk off of our jobs all over the country in protest. I know, it's rediculous, but fun to think about!

Hello!! I have a question for you, How much do RDA s get paid in Texas??

48 months ago

I heard $18-20 per hour. It depends what city you live in.

Smileysuzie in redwing, Minnesota

46 months ago

docrose in Chicago, Illinois said: I can't believe all these DA's expect so much money. Seriously, I know people who graduated from 4 year universities not even at 20-30 dollars per hour in this economy. We staff 5 people at our dental office. The highest paid is at 14/hr and lowest at 8.25/hr. There isn't a week that doesn't go by where we don't get a resume for someone who wants a job, willing to work at the minimum. Some of these posts are right, once a DA leaves, another one is waiting. And honestly, don't waste your time paying all that money to go get trained. As long as you are willing to come to work on time, do everything that the dentist says, and have a good attitude, you will learn everything you need to and will fit in perfectly.

Hi Doc. You have made a interesting point. A good attitude and being reliable goes a long way, and you cannot learn that in school. I learned "on the job" (way back when) and I actually feel it gave me an edge. As far as pay goes, this economy has changed things temporarily, but really 8.25? That is below the minimum wage right? I made $14 back in 1995. The McD's down my street has a sign that says $11 per hr.
Also the mentality of "when one leaves there's always another one waiting..." is so wrong. That's why some practices are like revolving doors- and it's NOT a good thing.

Keri in Cortland, New York

46 months ago

Well Dr. in Chicago, you keep your revolving door staff and I'll stay at my office, which I've been at for 14yrs at $20hr. Over the years my patients have given me wedding and baby gifts. It says a lot when my boss can say she has had the same staff for 15yrs. I already know what type of practice you have, I've seen it. So you keep wasting your time training over and over again.

BTW, I bet your patients come and go like your staff, nice practice Doc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in South Bend, Indiana

46 months ago

Hey doc, where would you be without your assistants? could you even make it through one procedure without them, let alone a day? DONT THINK SO! We deserve good pay! We make YOUR job easier and you couldn't do it without us.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Lisa in South Bend, Indiana said: Hey doc, where would you be without your assistants? could you even make it through one procedure without them, let alone a day? DONT THINK SO! We deserve good pay! We make YOUR job easier and you couldn't do it without us.

A good thing to remember is these group practices/"mills" in the city go thru staff AND DENTISTS like water.The pay is cr*ppy, the policies are unethical and they make their production numbers based on quantity of pts and procedures. Many are Medicaid and since they pay very little per procedure they do as much as they can while there is a "live one" in the chair....(fast & furious) Quality you ask? what is that?
Assistants are used up and then spit out (no pun intended),then promptly deported- catch my drift??????

46 months ago

Smileysuzie in redwing, Minnesota said: A good thing to remember is these group practices/"mills" in the city go thru staff AND DENTISTS like water.The pay is cr*ppy, the policies are unethical and they make their production numbers based on quantity of pts and procedures. Many are Medicaid and since they pay very little per procedure they do as much as they can while there is a "live one" in the chair....(fast & furious) Quality you ask? what is that?
Assistants are used up and then spit out (no pun intended),then promptly deported- catch my drift??????

Well said!

Teresa

46 months ago

What we all assistant's and Dentist's need to understand. The economy stinks. People ( at least in some areas) are not rushing to have any big or cosmetic work done. That means no money coming in. Having asstistants that help with the everyday routine and makes the patient comfortable is vital to a practice. Because then the patients will come back and refer. Who cares if Mary Lou in Kentucky makes $12 an hour or Brenda in California makes $22 an hour. We all live in different parts of the county and world where the economic differences are extremely varied.Including offices and Practices. Hopefully The "MEN" in charge of this country will get OUR economy going again. Until then. We should all help each other out by just appreciating the fact that MOST of us are working.And Our families are healthy. And someday soon some ofthe Dentists that we all work with will appreciate seriously how much work and dedication their assistants have.

docrose in Chicago, Illinois

46 months ago

To Keri-- I meant no disrespect, seriously. Just my opinion.

Our clinic is in its second year, one assistant is 20 years old and at $14, and one male assistant at 22 years old and they are both very good. These two assistants we would keep long term due to their skills and efficiency, dependability, also with their good front desk work; both only with 2 years experience since the opening. $1 raise per year, and bonuses.

Keri-- After 14 years working as a DA, and only at $20... don't get me wrong, thats a good hourly rate, but I don't its really proportionate between your time invested to your compensation. After 14 years you must have learned a lot about how a clinic runs, almost managerial? You should be doing payroll, making schedules, entering payments, etc. You put in the time, its time to get the status.

Clinic only open for the past 2 years. 3 of the 5 have been there for over a year and a half. 1 for the past year.

The point I was making is that no one is really hiring those new grads from the DA schools. The DA students keep calling our office to meet their externship hours for free. The options are really in favor of the dentist. To come in demanding so much money is the problem. You really have to put in the time and prove yourself to be compensated well. Hence, the newest DA, hired 4 months ago is at $8.25 which is minimum wage in IL.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

wow in Findlay, Ohio

46 months ago

after spending 1-2year in school and you only pay them 8.25 an hour??? omg. what a cheap ass. your lucky to have a staff at all with that attitude. i make 27 an hour and am worth every penny. dentist have told me im the best assistant they have ever had. im a hard worker, and help make them very rich with my understanding of what it takes to be productive. reguardless if its a four year degree or a two year degree, or what ever, it depends on what the market is when you get done with school. economy you say? i say, pick the right education for what you want to make when you get done. do some research. i know,dr, you think you are being honest, but i see a bad attitude behind your comment. not nice

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Thank you for clairfing. I knew you were speaking of a clinic and I worked in one 14yrs ago (right out of school). Assistants should not be hired off the street and if you our not one (sounds like your front desk?) then you shouldn't say "don't waste your time on school" In order to keep yourself and patients safe education is key. And as expecting a good hourly rate, a good office is one that pays. I would never work for someone who won't pay me what I'm worth. Which brings me to your thought on my pay. I do fill in at the front desk and make appts, enter payments when I'm needed. I live in a very rural area where the hygienists make $30, so actually $20 (which I am also compensated for cases, and get profit sharing along with a great retirement, and yearly raises) w/o using expanded functions is quite good and above the national average, according to DANB.

Good luck to your clinic, wish you the best.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Den in Kokomo, Indiana

46 months ago

Hi Dr. In Neb
Congrads on your success, I am also an RDA, and a full time student. Getting ready to take my Dat's..I have been working for an orthodontist for the past 7yrs.. Just wondering if you could give me any advise going into finding the right schools, interviews, taking DATand etc.?? Btw, to all the DA's out there stay positive put the time and effort when things are tuff. When I first started out I started out @ 14hr now making 24. Hygenist make between 28-48hr depends on location. For those DA's looking to get into ortho, it's the best place to work. I been in the ortho office since day one love it and love the responsiblity that I'm allow to have. In our office I place the braces not the DR! I love this forum will use it as well when I'm an orthodontist! I also think that one of the requirement to become a Dr one should have to work as an assistant for 2yrs, for many Drs out there I think it would have benifical to them when owning their own office!!

Best of luck to all
Dennis

Dennis in Kokomo, Indiana

46 months ago

Wow really??? You pay your new DA 8.25hr that’s just wrong in every way!!

Divatooth in Franklin, Ohio

46 months ago

WOW! Really dental has changed so much in the last few years some of you are right. The pay was better for non experienced walk off the street person wanting a new challange.Training a person to what you need and want out of the position. Send them to school and the doctor ended up with a really good employee. Now that everyone has the schooling the expection of the job has changed.Different pay scales that everyone was told they should get and don't. Different states, cities & insurance companies ceiling caps. Try working for a person that cares about his employee's treats you like family and wants his employee's to better themself's. Girls those days are gone they all retired.
The ones comes in now are all about me! They make promise's they don't keep. Promise if we be patience they will compensate there employee's when things get better.I've not seen it for the last 4 years since he bought the practice. I had not had a pay increase in 4 year's. And last year we didn't even get any kind of a x-mas bounus or uniform check for new ones.Major cheap o !!! All patients want is a friendly face that they feel they know. The new doctor's only want number's and make more than the other guy. Not concerned about the total patient care.Breeze in and outand EFDA do everything. Not know anything about the patients family's. Possible freinds that may need care that may come in because they had a good experience.That could keep the practice growing.Something was lost in the teaching of why they got into dental to begin with. In no way am happy the way dental field has changed for the worst.Right now it just a job that pays some of the bills and no extra's.Don't waste your hard earned money in this field.

46 months ago

Dennis in Kokomo, Indiana said: Wow really??? You pay your new DA 8.25hr that’s just wrong in every way!!

It has reached new "lows", no raises, no nothin. The guys wants to have sex with me and torments me constantly.I'm stressed and I hate him.He's bad to the pts and couldnt gve a cr*p about them....any of them. Treats us his wife bad too.

soniredd in Sacramento, California

46 months ago

Yes you are right I have been in this feild for over 10 years and the pay has dropped tremendously from what I here from other young ladies . I got into this profession to help and I wanted to be professional really have an impact with my pt's far as getting to know them and all building an relationship to keep them comeing to appt. on time not cancelling but with these new DR.that's comeing into the feild they don't care about pt's all they care about is how much money they are getting but in the long run it won't be much because people want to visit pleasant office everyone working together familiar faces . well we can go on and on but I love DENTISTRY OH AND ONE OTHER THING NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN EVERY WHERE YOU APPLY THEY WANT YOU TO BE AN RDA . LADIES DUE YOUR RESEARCH NOT ALL DENTIST ARE BAD HOWEVER WHEN FIND THAT GREAT ONE STICK WITH HIM OR HER IT'S WORTH IT .HAPPY THANKS GIVING EVERY ONE

46 months ago

I second that DR. you must have a high turn over which is not good

46 months ago

Doctors I don't get this you want someone good people skills to work next to you hand in hand you should be willing to pay your assistant what she is worth and come on dr's you know the difference you don't pay someone 8.00 an hour that's dependable and take great x-rays and who's just just out right good and the reason you will not is because you don't want to lose that person as an employee . bottom line you pay for the experience and knowledge of the job you get what you pay for DR'S ALL THE MONEY YOU ARE PULLING IN COME ON STOP BEING CHEAP YOU WANT US TO SPEND MONEY ON BECOMEING REGISTERED AND ALL BUT YOU DON'T WANT TO PAY A NICE SALARY WHAT'S UP WITH THAT

46 months ago

@PATRICIA WELL SAID THANK YOU HAPPY HOLIDAYS

docrose in Chicago, Illinois

46 months ago

If you had 10 dental assistants recently graduated from school, asking your office for a job, would you A) hire one for $16.50 per hour or B) put two of them to work at $8.25 per hour?

What happens to the remaining 9-10 applicants? Well, believe it or not we have had a few of them, still persistent after a whole year who still haven't found anything. No one will hire them. One even offered to work a month for free! But we already have more than a full staff. It really is discouraging for DAs to have paid for school and have nothing to show for it.

What happens to their families? How much does welfare really help a young single mom with 3 kids? They wen't to DA school hoping to better their chances to get a secure job. All they just want to work and get their foot through the door. Truthfully it's hard to get a job right now. Again, I have friends and even a brother who graduated from great universities who have been unemployed for more than a year, and cannot find anything right now. Its real tough out there.

The real crime here is these career training schools that advertise themselves on these commercials, charge students thousands of dollars for their courses, with false hope that it will be easy to find a job.

Feeding two families, is better than one in my opinion so I pick option B. Happy thanksgiving everyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Teresa

46 months ago

Any and All assistants that agree to work for anything less than $12.oo an hour are selling themselves and the rest of the assistants in this country short.But The economy is so bad what else can they do. But $8.25?? That is just insulting

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Den in Kokomo, Indiana

46 months ago

Susie u need to high tail it out of there, he sounds like a loser!! Some of these Dr.'s that go thru the dental program, I sometimes wonder how the heck they were accepted in the first place!! Sorry ur in a place like that, there are professional dentist out there Susie just keep looking!!! Happy thanksgiving to all the DA's and RDA's

Den in Kokomo, Indiana

46 months ago

Let me just say this I'm so glad I didnt go straight into dental school without being an RDA first. That is one thing I said I wouldn't do when im a dentist is to treat my employees like I'm above them!! Dentist that do that to their employees will do that to their pt's. Pts pick up on that and will tend to go else where..whats so upsetting is that dentist theses days are in this profession for one thing only and that's the mighty $$$!!! I'm just grateful that I make pretty good money and my dr doesn't treat us bad!! For those that are thinking about being a DA/RDA do ur research in this profession before wasting ur money and no jobs after grad!!! Best of luck to all..

Dennis

harv in Edmonton, Alberta

43 months ago

Smile for me. in Boca Raton, Florida said: Hi, I am sorry, but I nearly pissed myself laughing, you wrote CDA, RDA after your name? The dentist must have laughed to himself thinking " who does this girl think she is?" really? it was kind of a crass act.
I am sorry, I know from experience that dental assistants are under paid (i am not arguing that) but the fact of the mater is: You're just a Dental Assistant! That's the way it is... and the way it will always be.... Dental assistants are mislead to think they will be missed, after they are gone, but one Office mng told me once... "dental asst come and go... there will always be another girl"
It's the truth.

It is what it is.[/QUOT
i am upset to see ur way of thinking...every job is important and there is nothing wrong in writing one's qualification after the name. we should be proud of what we are doing. A dentist cant work without an assistant...and an assistant is not only an assistant and it is not the way it will always be coz this is just thefirst step in this field. try to appreciate others.

wow in Findlay, Ohio

43 months ago

hey smile for me in florida. dont know what attority your think you have to discredit someone that has worked hard for their title. i have been a dental assistant that has constantly worked for more over the years and consider myself to be a hard worker. wont throw my titles out there in fear you will try and make fun of me too. lets just say that if you are a hard worker and do your job well, you deserve to put the credentials behind your name. remember your job maybe a dime a dozen also. have a good one

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.