? about working interview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 212)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

k.fun in Chicago, Illinois

65 months ago

Well I just had the first day of one. Mine is also 2 weeks. I had to take x-rays and assist in on procedures. I know that soon I will be taking impressions and making temps. I know how to do mostly everything and more. My advice is to just impress and don't be nervous. They want confidence.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Law abider in Tallahassee, Florida

65 months ago

I have to come up with a liability waiver for a temp. assistant who is working tomorrow, but doesn't have her vaccinations for Hepatitis. Does anyone know of such a form? She will be more of a sterile tech tomorrow, but the Dr. said she could only work if she agreed to sign a waiver. I'd appreciate any help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dental Office Manager in Saint Cloud, Minnesota

65 months ago

I am an Office Manager for a dentist office that is currently hiring for a RDH. The going rate for newly graduates is $23 to $25/hour for a 90 day orientation period and a raise would be in order after that based on productivity and attendance. I would offer more based on expirience. The RDA's are being paid $14 - $20/hour. Again that is based on expirience. The hiring process I've been doing is; I'll do a one on one interview, and if I feel that goes well, I'll schedule the candidate to come in for a working interview from 9 to 5. The working interview pays $100 - $150 for that day. Hope that helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

New graduate in Reseda, California

64 months ago

I went for an interview the dentist put me on trial for 5 days, he place another girl before on trial for 2 weeks and now he is testing 2 other new people on trial.
i got paid for 5 days but am so upset once again i didnt get hired i showed all my skills, punctual, didnt wasted single minute i feel my Diploma has gone wasted, am looking for some other job even at a grocery store would do, i give up!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lora in La Jolla, California

64 months ago

Dental Office Manager in Saint Cloud, Minnesota said: I am an Office Manager for a dentist office that is currently hiring for a RDH. I'll do a one on one interview, and if I feel that goes well, I'll schedule the candidate to come in for a working interview from 9 to 5. The working interview pays $100 - $150 for that day. Hope that helps.

Do you mean, that you will be paying from 12.5 to 18.75 an hour for RDH working interview?
You are,probably, kidding.
Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sylvia hargrove in Columbus, Ohio

64 months ago

Don't give up, if dental assisting is really what you want to do. I was working for the same dentist for 12 years in Maryland. I had to move to columbus, Ohio for personal reasons. I only worked for one dentist sense I've been a dental assistant. And Boy, was I in for a rude awakening. I was not as good as I thought I was. I worked for three dental offices for a breef period of time in Columbus and I found that every office does things different. I found that some dentists are shear jerks and can be very rude and some have no patients to teach or train. No matter where you go,you hve to be trained all over again. I don't go for that 2 day work interview and trail stuff. Dentist know right off the bat if they want you or not. If you have to take a job out side your field, do so until you find a dental office that will appriciate your skills. It just wasn't meant to be. Good luck!

64 months ago

sylvia hargrove in Columbus, Ohio said: Don't give up, if dental assisting is really what you want to do. I was working for the same dentist for 12 years in Maryland. I had to move to columbus, Ohio for personal reasons. I only worked for one dentist sense I've been a dental assistant. And Boy, was I in for a rude awakening. I was not as good as I thought I was. I worked for three dental offices for a breef period of time in Columbus and I found that every office does things different. I found that some dentists are shear jerks and can be very rude and some have no patients to teach or train. No matter where you go,you hve to be trained all over again. I don't go for that 2 day work interview and trail stuff. Dentist know right off the bat if they want you or not. If you have to take a job out side your field, do so until you find a dental office that will appriciate your skills. It just wasn't meant to be. Good luck!

Thank you so much for your advice..Sylvia i will consider your advice.

Spontaneous Dental Assistant in Addison, Illinois

64 months ago

I have an interview Wed. what is the hourly rate for schamburg IL.
i have been a dental assistant for about a year in half, and i started making $17.00 hour. currently at $18.50 is this good. finally what does it take to be an good assistant

64 months ago

Yeah that is a good rate. I would ask for $18.00 per hour in this economic crisis.

64 months ago

x-shopping-pro in Fishers, Indiana said: You would be laughed out of the office if you said you wanted 18.00 an hour in Indianapolis, maybe thats for expanded and experience but not starting out. Your lucky to get 12.00 in the beginning.

NOt true. I have a house right outside of Indianapolias in Coatsville and the going rate is $17.00 if you are good and have experience.

x-shopping-pro in Fishers, Indiana

64 months ago

If you would have read my comment I said experienced and expanded, but you won't get 17.00 starting out. I interviewed for 2 months and didn't get a position, found a different job.

64 months ago

I went for an interview 2 weeks ago, the dentist told me she needs experienced DA but she kept me on trial i agreed...after 4 days she took 3 more people on trial and today i went to the other dental office the dentist once again wants me on trial...how can we get experienced when people only keep us on trial, i did so well in school got presidents honor for my GPA...am studying for RDA but whats the use. i love dental assisting but now am losing interest...cant find a job!

M.J in Southington, Connecticut

63 months ago

NEW DA in Reseda, California said: I just finished my dental assisting course a month ago, am on internship now i dont like the office where i am at now, and the dentist has offered me $9.00 an hour and he tells us to save everything, use same hand gloves, masks, and mixing pads etc, i dont feel comfortable working there what should i do...i feel that i have wasted my time and money by taking this course when i wont get paid well...i love my back office work.

This type of setting were you are asked to use gloves and masks again could pass germs or hepititis and the pay he is offering is to low. Sounds like he is taking advantage of the situation. Look for something else while still holding on to this position. If you love the back maybe get into working in a lab making crowns, bridges, dentures ect.

NEW DA in Reseda, California

63 months ago

Thank you so much for your advice, its a gr8 help for me.

Lisa in Westerville, Ohio

63 months ago

Sylvia,

I remember interviewing you at our office and would love to talk to you about a position in our office. The number I have for you is disconnected. I searched for your name on yahoo and found this forum - I feel horrible for you that you've had such a run of bad luck. If you are still looking for an assisting position e-mail me at office@oakcreekdental.com. :-) Lisa @ Oak Creek Dental Care

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

JOYCE A. in Baltimore, Maryland

63 months ago

NEW DA in Reseda, California said: I just finished my dental assisting course a month ago, am on internship now i dont like the office where i am at now, and the dentist has offered me $9.00 an hour and he tells us to save everything, use same hand gloves, masks, and mixing pads etc, i dont feel comfortable working there what should i do...i feel that i have wasted my time and money by taking this course when i wont get paid well...i love my back office work.
DEAR DA in Reseda,California,what he is telling you is wrong.You not suppose to keep anything from the last patient. that is against ossha/mosha laws.IF YOU CAN LEAVE.
DON;T PICK UP BAD HABITS.BE WELL/DO WHAT;S RIGHT FOR YOU CAREER!!!!

Lilly in Warren, Michigan

62 months ago

I am just getting back into the job market and I am going on my third interview at a dental office. It is a working interview as a administrative assistant. Does anyone have advice for me?

gggirl42 in Barboursville, West Virginia

62 months ago

I have a working interview next week and the dr. wants me to come in as much as possible mon-thurs. I am so nervous because they know I just graduated and I am very new, but at the same time I'm scared they will just throw me in there! and say lets go!! haha any advice?? please let me know what to expect on a working interview. and is it a good thing that he wants me there as much as possible?? im thinking it is haha! thanks a lot!

I was not paid for my working interview. I suggest that you get everything in writing that way they can't screw you out of your money. Some Dentist will take advantage of you. I have called twice and they say the check is in the mail, that was like 2 weeks ago. So I predict her business will not prosper.. If she treats her help like that I'm glad I didn't take the job. Be careful out there, make sure it feels right.

gggirl42 in Barboursville, West Virginia

62 months ago

sylvia hargrove in Columbus, Ohio said: I am a dental assistant and I reloated from Maryland to Columbus, Ohio. I have been a dental asst. for 12 years and worked for the same practice for 12 years. Sense I moved to Ohio, I have worked for one dentist for almost 2 months. He was the dentist from hell. He was rude to me, he had no patience with me, very nasty disposition,he would snatch instruments out of my hand, talk very mean to me in front of the patients. He would get very nasty when I asked him questions, he would talk down to me, make a long story short, I went out to lunch and never came back. That dentist really did a number on my self estem. I had stop looking for a dental asst. position for a few mnths. Now, I am back out there trying to find a dental office that I like. I find that working interviews are okay, but no matter what, you have to be trained to do things the way another dentist like things done, and that is right down to the instruments he like to use on certain treatments. All dentist does not work the same. Some dentist like to pick up there own instruments,some dentist only want you to do certain things when you chair side with them. Bottom line is, you just don't know what they expect from you. All I know is that I will not work for an office that treat me like crap and I won't let another dentist talk to me like I'm dirt under his shoes. No one should have to endure that type of treatment. On top of that, the dentist that I walked out on, he cared nothing about infection control. I really think it is harder to get a dental position when you reach your 50's no matter how good of a dental asst. you think you are.Most dentist rather let a good employee walk out the door rather than hire a older and experienced, reliable person. that's just my opinion. Like one of the writers stated, no amount of money is worth getting mistreated. I rather work in a pie factory!

Your right, I have done this for 20 yrs.I am fed up with Dentist

Jeannie in Brandon, Mississippi

62 months ago

I am a RDA and have 15 years of chairside exp. I was curious to know what other dental assistants make per hour and how often do you get a raise? Also after a certain amount of years do you max out? I have worked for 4 offices in 15 years and am very loyal,honest and dependiable. Why is it you have to always ask for a raise,I have no other benefits but pd when dentist is off for vacation.we just approached Dr. about benefits and possiable raise and his comment was when we get a certain $ (numbers) on books consitent every month. The office is smaill 1 hyg,1 front office person and myself. We have doubled numbers in the past 3 yrs that I have worked for him. Please give me some suggestions!

New DA in Reseda, California

62 months ago

am so upset i got a job...and my dentist expects me to know everything. i did internship at a different place and its totally different in this office. today the dentist was so pissed off with small issues that he started yelling at me infront of the patient and when i left the room o get something i heard him saying "fck these girls dont do any work properly"...i kept quite but was so upset.
sometimes i feel am so dumb...when i reached home i started crying :(
why do doctors treat us like this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

In and Out in Chicago, Illinois

62 months ago

New DA in Reseda, California said: am so upset i got a job...and my dentist expects me to know everything. i did internship at a different place and its totally different in this office. today the dentist was so pissed off with small issues that he started yelling at me infront of the patient and when i left the room o get something i heard him saying "fck these girls dont do any work properly"...i kept quite but was so upset.
sometimes i feel am so dumb...when i reached home i started crying :(
why do doctors treat us like this.

They keep getting away with it, thanks to dental assistants who just stay quiet, mostly because they can't afford to quit or to scare to look for other opportunities or just don't know their rights. It's so much easier and professional for the doctor to pull you aside at the end of the day and explain that your technique is off and offer you guidance and give you a chance to redeem yourself. It would boost your confidence make you want to do better and work harder, most of all look for to the next work day rather then dreading it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

In and Out in Chicago, Illinois

62 months ago

Jeannie in Brandon, Mississippi said: I am a RDA and have 15 years of chairside exp. I was curious to know what other dental assistants make per hour and how often do you get a raise? Also after a certain amount of years do you max out? I have worked for 4 offices in 15 years and am very loyal,honest and dependiable. Why is it you have to always ask for a raise,I have no other benefits but pd when dentist is off for vacation.we just approached Dr. about benefits and possiable raise and his comment was when we get a certain $ (numbers) on books consitent every month. The office is smaill 1 hyg,1 front office person and myself. We have doubled numbers in the past 3 yrs that I have worked for him. Please give me some suggestions!

Doctors with no ambition always find an excuse to hold back on pay raises or benefits. The truth is, you really need to examine what kind of doctor and practice you're working for. The dentist that is committed to his patients and quality care and who takes pride in his profession will also take pride in his staff and treat them with respect and fairness which in turn is reflected on their pay scale and benefits. Dental assistants need to know that this is a two way street. I have seen assistants that just have no ambition either. I have been an assistant for more then 25 yrs and have been on both sides of the fence.
If you're dedicated like you say then I would start looking for another office where your services will be appreciated in more ways then one... good pay & a wonderful atmosphere for growth in a profession you chose.

runhaleyrun in Birmingham, Alabama

61 months ago

I pretty much just got done with my assistant school.. I work in Alabama and started off at $12.00 as an assistant.. I love my dentist!! We usually get $500 a month bonuses.. He's paying for my Hygiene school next year & as a hygienist, he says I'll make between $35 & $40 working in the same location I'm in now... Does anyone else know anything about Alabama hygienists??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Vanessa in Bremen, Indiana

59 months ago

Dental Office Manager in Saint Cloud, Minnesota said: I am an Office Manager for a dentist office that is currently hiring for a RDH. The going rate for newly graduates is $23 to $25/hour for a 90 day orientation period and a raise would be in order after that based on productivity and attendance. I would offer more based on expirience. The RDA's are being paid $14 - $20/hour. Again that is based on expirience. The hiring process I've been doing is; I'll do a one on one interview, and if I feel that goes well, I'll schedule the candidate to come in for a working interview from 9 to 5. The working interview pays $100 - $150 for that day. Hope that helps.

My god I wish I got paid that much!!! I been a EFDA for 6 years and only make 13.70 per hour

starting DA School in Spencer, Indiana

59 months ago

I am Starting school to be a DA in indiana and i worried that this career will not pay enough money for the life style i would like to carry myself in. Can anyone from indiana help me with how much they make? I would greatly appreiciate it. I really just don't want to waste my money going through college on something i may never use.

shopping-pro in Fishers, Indiana

59 months ago

I went to a good school last year for DA, couldn't find a position without experience, they were paying anywhere from 11.00-13.00 per hour to start. Normally you don't work 40 hours a week maybe 30-35, a lot of dentists are closed 1 day during the week. I am employed now but not in this field, unfortunately I have to pay off the loan for school and probably won't ever do DA work, I am starting to forget what I learned. I don't want to tell you not to you may have better luck than I getting work.

Good Luck!

j-me in Plymouth, Massachusetts

59 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: Just make sure you will be paid before you attend your interview. You must be paid for your time or else the employer is breaking the law. Good luck.

what is "the law" in MA??

Nicky915 in King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania

58 months ago

You should get paid for a working interview if you are actually working and seeing patients or assisting the doctor. If not it is against the law to have someone work and not pay them. If you are just observing, that is different. But if you actually do work and give up a day of your life or even a 1/2 day, why would anyone think you should not be paid? You are the same as any temp going in and working for the day and all temps get paid 1099. Do not do working interviews unless you will be paid for your time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nicky915 in King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania

58 months ago

gggirl42 in Barboursville, West Virginia said: I have a working interview next week and the dr. wants me to come in as much as possible mon-thurs. I am so nervous because they know I just graduated and I am very new, but at the same time I'm scared they will just throw me in there! and say lets go!! haha any advice?? please let me know what to expect on a working interview. and is it a good thing that he wants me there as much as possible?? im thinking it is haha! thanks a lot!

I was not paid for my working interview. I suggest that you get everything in writing that way they can't screw you out of your money. Some Dentist will take advantage of you. I have called twice and they say the check is in the mail, that was like 2 weeks ago. So I predict her business will not prosper.. If she treats her help like that I'm glad I didn't take the job. Be careful out there, make sure it feels right.

You should get paid for a working interview if you are actually working and seeing patients or assisting the doctor. If not it is against the law to have someone work and not pay them. If you are just observing, that is different. But if you actually do work and give up a day of your life or even a 1/2 day, why would anyone think you should not be paid? You are the same as any temp going in and working for the day and all temps get paid 1099. Do not do working interviews unless you will be paid for your time. No one in the USA works for free. Put a report into your local labor organization - bureau of labor. Guarantee you will get a check the next day or employer will be fined by the state.

DentalGuru2009 in Genoa City, Wisconsin

58 months ago

I have assisted over 15 yrs... My top pay in Chicagoland has been 18.00 , with the occassional bonus.
I also do lab duties, ie; dentures set ups, repairs . I make all sorts of removeable appliances as well.
Never gone for certification or anything. At this point , would it matter or make a difference?

If I do go, how long would it take? cost? Would it benefit my paycheck?

thanks, D. Guru

DA in Reseda, California

58 months ago

its almost 6 months at my work place i work so hard still i feel m not good enough the doctor yells at me infront of the patients even if its not my fault.
i get so upset i try my best, am always on time and work hard.
Economy is so bad that its hard to find a job and good office to work for.

LJ in Boston, Massachusetts

57 months ago

j-me in Plymouth, Massachusetts said: what is "the law" in MA??

in mass its illegal not to get payed

Gabriela2010 in San Diego, California

57 months ago

Can anyone help me? I would like to know what's the pay rate for a "Dental Assistant" in San diego California. I have three years of experience and I have an X-ray license and Coronal Polish license.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Cynthia in Selah, Washington

56 months ago

I have a lot question about Dental Assistant. I want to know, the requirements for education, license, certification etc? And also the list of duties or job responsibities a dental assistant have? And how much they get paid a year?

DentalGuru2009 in Richmond, Illinois

56 months ago

Cynthia in Selah, Washington said: I have a lot question about Dental Assistant. I want to know, the requirements for education, license, certification etc? And also the list of duties or job responsibities a dental assistant have? And how much they get paid a year?

Go to your states dental board website.

Jacklyn in Peotone, Illinois

56 months ago

I worked as a dental assistant about four years ago. I have decided to try to go back. I will be going for my second working interview in a few days. I am a little nervous because I do not have a high school diploma, and they mentioned that I would go to get certified to polish teeth if I were to get the job. Will I need my diploma to get the certification?? (I understand that the best thing to do is to get my g.e.d., and I do plan to. I just dont want to chance not getting this job!). Any help on this subject would be so appreciated! Thanks!

oldstudent724 in New York

55 months ago

I am in DA school now (graduate in May) and am scared to death reading this forum. I actually have a BA in print journalism but there are no jobs - newspapers are folding up left and right (thanks I-PAD :)
So, pushing 40, I decided to go back to school, thinking the medical industry would be more "recession proof." With the cost of school, I was hoping to start out at at least $12 an hour. I have heard that CA pays very well because the assistants can be certified in more expanded functions (and the cost of living is high). In NY you don’t even have to have a separate certification to snap x-rays! I think about $15-18 an hour is what they pay "experienced" here...but, not sure what you make to start. I am currently interning at a clinic run by a local hospital. It's ridiculous how many patients they expect these people to see. Despite the fast pace, they are all great people – including the dentist. They seem to like me and mention the prospect of a job. Like everyone else, I'm not independently wealthy...but, boy, I'm pretty afraid of what this place will pay! But, can a new DA (in NY) really afford to be picky?? What should a new DA expect$ with certification? How long does it take to find work when you're right off the turnip truck?? I have been interning for a year...and it's not an "observation only" internship. My second day I filled in for the assistant who called in sick. I'm pretty much doing the job...

cathy r. in Batesville, Mississippi

55 months ago

Toni Fargo,R.D.A. in Sacramento, California said: Disclaimer

How much money does a dental assistant earn in Bakersfield California?
In: Salary and Pay Rates

Answer

$38.01 an hour ( I did a Google ? & this is what was posted )

Again no RDA to work less than $20.00 an hour ( thats w/limited exp.,)
and no DA to work less than $18.00 an hour in CA.
NO FREE RIDES FOR DENTIST _ ALL WORKING INTERVIEWS ONE DAY ONLY & MUST BE PAID

Is a RDA the same as a Certified Den. asist.? I live in Mississippi & the pay here is about 10.00 per hr. I'm in a 4 week dental asst. course to see it I'll like it before I commet to anything longer.

Domo in Chicago, Illinois

54 months ago

that is a remarkable story, and you're absolutely right -- i've been treated so back by employers i'm afraid to even try a thing anymore. it's too much stress trying to be a mind reader. What's a worker to do?

naomi in Nashua, New Hampshire

54 months ago

you didn't waste your time, you just working for a cheap Doctor and completely braking the OSHA policies. You should find another job, go through an Dental agency, they really help you find a job, and on the time time keep looking online. You can get paid more too, be confident and positive about yourself.

54 months ago

hang in there girl, most of these Doctors are depressed and ill. I would let him get the best of you, smile and move on, find another job. he does not realize that he needs his workers more than he knows.

dentalGURU2009 in Walworth, Wisconsin

54 months ago

naomi in Nashua, New Hampshire said: hang in there girl, most of these Doctors are depressed and ill. I would let him get the best of you, smile and move on, find another job. he does not realize that he needs his workers more than he knows.

Love it -depressed and ill. So true.

54 months ago

New graduate in Reseda, California said: I went for an interview the dentist put me on trial for 5 days, he place another girl before on trial for 2 weeks and now he is testing 2 other new people on trial.
i got paid for 5 days but am so upset once again i didnt get hired i showed all my skills, punctual, didnt wasted single minute i feel my Diploma has gone wasted, am looking for some other job even at a grocery store would do, i give up!

Dont give up, it's tough times now, have you ever considered a Dental Agency, i did it, They charge the dentist the fee and they find you jobs, (research a good agency fist, and find out how they work) if they do charge the dentist, and a very known dental agency, i would say to start going through an agency, and in the same time, look in the internet. Be confident when you go on interviews, tell them what you want in terms of hourly wage. I'm going on a working interview this Monday, i have to be honest i am a little nervous, i never did a working interview so I'm not sure how it works???

54 months ago

oldstudent724 in New York said: I am in DA school now (graduate in May) and am scared to death reading this forum. I actually have a BA in print journalism but there are no jobs - newspapers are folding up left and right (thanks I-PAD :)
So, pushing 40, I decided to go back to school, thinking the medical industry would be more "recession proof." With the cost of school, I was hoping to start out at at least $12 an hour. I have heard that CA pays very well because the assistants can be certified in more expanded functions (and the cost of living is high). In NY you don’t even have to have a separate certification to snap x-rays! I think about $15-18 an hour is what they pay "experienced" here...but, not sure what you make to start. I am currently interning at a clinic run by a local hospital. It's ridiculous how many patients they expect these people to see. Despite the fast pace, they are all great people – including the dentist. They seem to like me and mention the prospect of a job. Like everyone else, I'm not independently wealthy...but, boy, I'm pretty afraid of what this place will pay! But, can a new DA (in NY) really afford to be picky?? What should a new DA expect$ with certification? How long does it take to find work when you're right off the turnip truck?? I have been interning for a year...and it's not an "observation only" internship. My second day I filled in for the assistant who called in sick. I'm pretty much doing the job...

I lived in New york all my life, just recently moved. For NY they pay for experience dental assistant in NYC $18-$20 an hour, but I am going to be honest with you, NY economy is pretty bad, that is the reason why I moved, I worked for a Doctor for 3 years in Brooklyn NY and he started me as a assistant with 2 years of experience with &15 an hour, and every year he would give me a dollar raise, so by the third year i was making &18, with benefits, vocation, holidays, well, until the economy crashed.

54 months ago

naomi in Nashua, New Hampshire said: I lived in New york all my life, just recently moved. For NY they pay for experience dental assistant in NYC $18-$20 an hour, but I am going to be honest with you, NY economy is pretty bad, that is the reason why I moved, I worked for a Doctor for 3 years in Brooklyn NY and he started me as a assistant with 2 years of experience with &15 an hour, and every year he would give me a dollar raise, so by the third year i was making &18, with benefits, vocation, holidays, well, until the economy crashed.

to continue my story, when the economy crashed, my boss stopped giving raises, and he was treating everyone like crap. The whole "You need me more than i need you attitude" because, accountants, business people wanted simple receptionist job at the office. There was another dental office down stairs where we worked, and the Doctor was a pure terror, he threw stuff at them, yelled, but they didn't leave, because they had to pay their rent and stuff. I'm trying to disappoint you at all, I am saying with this economy try your best, I think &15-&16 is appropriate, especially if the Doctor offers you benefits, vacation and holiday. you will find a good doctor, is just a matter of looking. I guess the bad economy is bad every where, but is worst in new york, you know, the whole market crashed and stuff. Dont focus on who is getting paid more, of what this girl said about better of working at a super market, dont listen to them, do what you think it's best. The economy is bad, and the Doctors are getting cheap, not a lot of patients dont want to pay $$$$$, they have bills to pay too and fee their families.

Lisa M85 in Gloucester, Massachusetts

54 months ago

I had a working interview last week. I am an orthodontic assistant...i had no idea it was a working interview. I was so nervous. I didnt get much sleep the night before and i had the biggest bags under my eyes. Also i intervied in VA. So I got there a little early bc i had no idea where i was going and did not expect to pay tolls. So i get there meet with a women and then i sat in for morning meeting. agian didnt expect that. So then i was handed over to the lead assistant. she was very nice. then I had to work on an adult with the biggest wire i have ever seen with clear braces on..i was shaking putting it in. ifelt so bad for the guy...i couldnt even strike up a convo like i normaly do bc i was sooooooooo nervous. Then I had to put the ties on the braces...and there was like composite on the top of the bottom teeth. so it was very difficult to put the ties on. Then i had to echain....that went ok. Then i had to take this personality test...and a questionaire....i was there for like 3 hours. and i had an other interview. So i was done and I left that place and they were like you can come back for lunch or back for the afternoon so you can see how we work and stuff. I was exausted after i left. went to my second interview and was a couple mins late for it, because i was late getting out of my 1st interview. SO i got to the sencond and it looked like a better office to work in. The first one was a very nice office i just didnt feel like i would fit in there at all. (i had a bad experiance before with an office and didnt want to do that to my self agian) so i got offered the job for the 1st interview and after thinking about it for a few days, one of the women emailed me and asked if i wanted to job. I said no thank you. Im still waiting to hear back from the other one. I had never done a working interview before and it was the most nerve raking thing i think i had ever done in my life.

Ashley in Sacramento, California

54 months ago

I'm in DA school and i graduate in July/August. I've been reading this forum and doing some research and i'm really starting to wonder if i went into the wrong field. It seems like the pay isn't that great and that i would be better off just sticking to a regular job. They seem to be getting paid the same amount...
This worries me a little bit, to be honest.

Jeannie in Brandon, Mississippi

54 months ago

Dental Assisiting is a great field and pays pretty good. I wouldnt say this is just any job! I have been asst for 16 years and the pay is not bad. Just like any other job you do or have you get tired and burned out. Dont get discouraged and wonder why you are in school because God has you in it for a reason. I honestly love my work and feel and have been told that I am a awesome dental asst. Hang in there and be proud and know that is is soooo worth it. I will say not just anyone can do this kind of work. You must be a multi-takser and very quick on thinking. Have a great day and good luck!

Shaunastx in Houston, Texas

54 months ago

I just had an interview two weeks ago...i have 16 years experience and they offered me $12.00 an hr....LOL

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.