? about working interview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (201 to 212 of 212)
Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5   

doneitall4handed in Alturas, California

24 months ago

Kenna in Florida

If you worked in California as a DA or RDA, you would NOT be packing cord!!! Also, anytime you go to another office, you must do things their way. Try to be adaptable and never go in and try to change things....that's never acceptible. If you're there for a long time, some changes can take place...slowly if it's beneficial. Just go with the flow, be positive and you'll get more respect from your co-workers and the dentist. If you have personal issues, leave them at home and that's always best!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ncm

23 months ago

I have a working interview tomorrow at an orthodontic office the only thing that worries me are the type of brackets they use I have four years exp but with a different type of brackets should I be nervous because im very nervous and don't know what to expect

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sammy in Phoenix, Arizona

23 months ago

After my first job experience I will have a very hard time trusting the dentists again.Anything can get you fired, you are not allowed to have an opinion or question anything. She was really nice to me on the working interviews because she wanted me there. As soon as I gave up my other job and started working for her, she showed her true colors. So be very careful.

Celticmetis

20 months ago

Toni Fargo,R.D.A. in Sacramento, California said: Disclaimer

How much money does a dental assistant earn in Bakersfield California?
In: Salary and Pay Rates

Answer

$38.01 an hour ( I did a Google ? & this is what was posted )

Again no RDA to work less than $20.00 an hour ( thats w/limited exp.,)

and no DA to work less than $18.00 an hour in CA.
NO FREE RIDES FOR DENTIST _ ALL WORKING INTERVIEWS ONE DAY ONLY & MUST BE PAID

You are incorrect dental hygenists earn that. Furthermore your comments are rude. Each area of the country is different. Starting wages are low RDA wages differ based on experience, the type of practise(some dentists have busier offices and earn more). Not alll dentists are millionares as you have blogged,and even tho they produce alot ,they are paying the highest supplies of most other health care providers. Which means they can produce a million and take home 150 thousand , not enough to buy the 100 dollar bottle of wine that you commented on. Your comments and misinformation seems to prove you are not even a DA. Quit badmouthing the dental field or leave it if you really are in it because you seem to have no respect for DA or dentists and probably do not care about patietnts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

DA in California in California

12 months ago

I just had a working interview and it was awful! Can anyone please tell me their experience? Did they just throw you in? Were the other assistants nice to you? How did you handle working with new materials , cements etc.? Did they expect you to know how to do things their way on the first day?? Did they show you around at least?

DA in California in California

12 months ago

I understand things are different in every office but shouldn't they still show you how things are some in their office ? What should I expect during the working interview ?

Lora in San Diego, California

11 months ago

DA in California in California said: I just had a working interview and it was awful! Can anyone please tell me their experience? Did they just throw you in? Were the other assistants nice to you? How did you handle working with new materials , cements etc.? Did they expect you to know how to do things their way on the first day?? Did they show you around at least?

I've had two working interviews. There were no Dental Assistants in both places. I can't remember having any difficulties. Of course, they don't expect you to know everything because every dentist works in his/her own way. Usually they look if you can work with a dentist and other dental assistants, at your personality, and how fast you can learn. Some places are interested in experience. If you say that you have experience, you should know, at least, basic dental procedures, sterilization, how to take good X-rays, etc.
Don't forget to ask if they're going to pay for the working interview and never work for free.

BM1 in San Diego, California

7 months ago

The best pay data is available by calling temp agencies in your local area for market rate. Temp RDAs are available in San Diego with 1 hour notice, on any day, at $16/hour or less at least during the last 10 years. Rates that we pay our RDAs ranges between $15 to $21, RDA-EFs are a few dollar higher.

Toni Fargo,R.D.A. in Sacramento, California said: Disclaimer

How much money does a dental assistant earn in Bakersfield California?
In: Salary and Pay Rates

Answer

$38.01 an hour ( I did a Google ? & this is what was posted )

Again no RDA to work less than $20.00 an hour ( thats w/limited exp.,)
and no DA to work less than $18.00 an hour in CA.
NO FREE RIDES FOR DENTIST _ ALL WORKING INTERVIEWS ONE DAY ONLY & MUST BE PAID

7 months ago

Purpose of the WI is to see whether a candidate is a good fit for a job position. We conduct our WIs with little training to see how a candidate will react and perform with limited information. This is a good test of one's real job aptitude.

DA in California in California said: I just had a working interview and it was awful! Can anyone please tell me their experience? Did they just throw you in? Were the other assistants nice to you? How did you handle working with new materials , cements etc.? Did they expect you to know how to do things their way on the first day?? Did they show you around at least?

7 months ago

The pay requirement in CA for WI is the min. wage.

socalmel in Bakersfield, California said: w

Lora in Garden Grove, California

7 months ago

BM1 in San Diego, California said: Temp RDAs are available in San Diego with 1 hour notice, on any day, at $16/hour or less at least during the last 10 years.

I was temping in San Diego for a few years. My pay rate was $20 an hour. $16 an hour sounds way too low. Maybe, for DAs but not for RDAs.

Lora in Garden Grove, California

7 months ago

BM1 in San Diego, California said: The pay requirement in CA for WI is the min. wage.

Usually they pay at the hiring market rate or a little more for working interviews. Never heard of someone who would do a working interview for the minimum wage.

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.