How can I become more marketable?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Amber in Roseville, California

58 months ago

I have had nothing but one bad luck hit after another ever since I decided to start dental assisting. I feel as though my hands are tied, I spent 18,000 bucks to become a DA/RDA (once I take the exam) and nearly feel as though it was a huge mistake. The dental field is incredibly demanding and overally flooded with expirenced and non-expirenced professionals. I want to know what can I do to make myself more marketable? So far I have worked front office as a manager, back office, I know CAD/CAM, digital x-rays, traditional x-rays, Ive worked in paper and paperless offices, shoot I feel like Ive seen and done it all. I have the most important working interview of my life coming up and I want to know the best of the best tips to use to really wow the dentist and staff. They want an RDA and Im only a DA so I have to make sure what I do is the most impressive. Any tips? Advice? Personal expirences?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Smileysuzie in redwing, Minnesota

58 months ago

Amber in Roseville, California said: I have had nothing but one bad luck hit after another ever since I decided to start dental assisting. I feel as though my hands are tied, I spent 18,000 bucks to become a DA/RDA (once I take the exam) and nearly feel as though it was a huge mistake. The dental field is incredibly demanding and overally flooded with expirenced and non-expirenced professionals. I want to know what can I do to make myself more marketable? So far I have worked front office as a manager, back office, I know CAD/CAM, digital x-rays, traditional x-rays, Ive worked in paper and paperless offices, shoot I feel like Ive seen and done it all. I have the most important working interview of my life coming up and I want to know the best of the best tips to use to really wow the dentist and staff. They want an RDA and Im only a DA so I have to make sure what I do is the most impressive. Any tips? Advice? Personal expirences?

Dentists like.....
Kind, sweet, assertive, tidy, professional, pretty, smart, honest, smiley, quick-wit, pleasant, not too talkative- not too quiet girls. -ha , no pressure!

Remember it is a conservative -type field. They like neat and tidy looking staff . They are thinking of what appeals to their patients.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Amber in Roseville, California

58 months ago

hahahaha sounds like something you would find in a personals ad.

1984 in Tampa, Florida

58 months ago

If you don't have your RDA license and are interested in obtaining it, I would definitely mention that your goal is to obtain your RDA in x-amount of time during the interview.

Good luck to you!

1984 in Tampa, Florida

58 months ago

If you don't have your RDA and are interested in obtaining one, I would definitely mention that you plan to obtain it in x-amount of time during the interview.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.