dental xray license

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 124)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Jessica in Glendale, California

75 months ago

I have dental xray experience but I dont have licence how can I get it ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

johann in San Jose, California

75 months ago

If you are in California contact COMDA the number i cant post it wont let me. If you got your license in this state they will be more than happy to help you. Have things available like where you took your class and things such as that. They will help you find out what to do and how to do it. ((google COMDA in california)).

Hope this helps..
Johann

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tina in South Lyon, Michigan

75 months ago

kittie in Los Angeles, California said: I got my xray licence 20 years ago and I need to get a copy of it but I have no idea who to contact. Does anyone know?

Your state board of dentistry should have a copy on file.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

johann in San Jose, California

75 months ago

Jessica, I would find out about taking the class in your area. You can even challange the course if you have the expirence. COMDA will give you the info you need. Unfortuantley I cant give you a number as I said in the last post they wont let you post that. There are classes all over this area. California is a wonderfull area to be in this career. Get all your licences if you can. Its worth it.. 8)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

marina in Daly City, California

75 months ago

kittie in Los Angeles, California said: I got my xray licence 20 years ago and I need to get a copy of it but I have no idea who to contact. Does anyone know?

you should contact your college or COMDA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Joanna in Mcminnville, Oregon

75 months ago

I attended a bad school that isn't even ada accredited. No one finds this out until its too late to back out. However ,I completed the xray training, wich was right before my extern. Passed the written or computerized part but just found out that I failed the clinical that I did during my extern Now What? I am graduated, not in an office, can't seem to find even a volunteer position. I am so upset. The mistake was minimal like only showing part of tooth 15. It took DANB 3 months to send my results. Is there no mistakes allowed? I desperately need on the job experience. No one wants me with out xray certification. Please someone direct me in some direction. My loans are due soon. I am single with two teenage daughters wondering whats wrong with their Mom.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

claudia zarate in colton, California

74 months ago

this site is awesome ! i'm so glad someone invented this site everybody is so helpful & i just registered today hopefully i can get my x-ray license good luck to all & god bless

misty cornett in Rancho Cordova, California

74 months ago

Elizabeth Richards in Westminster, Maryland said: I need a copy of my Dental Radiation License!

committee of dental auxillaries

misty cornett in Rancho Cordova, California

74 months ago

committee of dental auxillaries

Adelaida in Los Angeles, California

73 months ago

were can i find the neerest class for a dental x-ray license

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

veronica31 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

71 months ago

do u guys know where shouldi go to take the test for dental xray?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Martha Medina in Santa Maria, California

71 months ago

i recently moved to cali, im from hawaii. i just learned i need to get an x-ray license, is the 'radiation health and safety' the exam i need to take? i live in santa maria, if anyone can help me figure this out! thanks!!!

mandy in Hwood, CA in Valley Village, California

70 months ago

Hi just wondering how i can retieve my xray liscence here in California. who would i call or get ahold of...please help?? :)
thanks...

candie2004 in Santa Ana, California

70 months ago

Go to your school that you got your degree from and ask them how you can recieve a new one because i am in school now for dental asisting and i have a radiology(sp) while in school which is good until 2010 of next year, or call your school and you can ask them for a website or phone to call or to gooline to apply for a copy of another.

Cassie in Lake Oswego, Oregon

69 months ago

Joanna in Mcminnville, Oregon said: I attended a bad school that isn't even ada accredited. No one finds this out until its too late to back out. However ,I completed the xray training, wich was right before my extern. Passed the written or computerized part but just found out that I failed the clinical that I did during my extern Now What? I am graduated, not in an office, can't seem to find even a volunteer position. I am so upset. The mistake was minimal like only showing part of tooth 15. It took DANB 3 months to send my results. Is there no mistakes allowed? I desperately need on the job experience. No one wants me with out xray certification. Please someone direct me in some direction. My loans are due soon. I am single with two teenage daughters wondering whats wrong with their Mom.

I feel for you Joanna because I am in the same boat...a mom with two kids to support.I have recently completed my externship and today I will be taking films on my third patient for submission to DANB. With the new criteria, my previous pt films were not deemed good enough. During my externship, I took numerous digital films and the dentists I worked for said my films were great! However, DANB is behind on the technology and I must power through this licensing process. I wish you much luck!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

fenderia in Tangerang, Indonesia

69 months ago

oxstephaless in New Jersey said: DO U THINK ONLINE COURSES FOR DENTAL ASSISTING WILL BE GOOD ENOUGH TO GET ME HIRED? PLUS, I HAVE YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN THE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND RECEPTIONIST AREA. WILL THEY TRAIN ME WHEN IT COMES TO HANDS ON? THANKS!

Dear Oxstephales,

Kindly please inform me where did u get online courses for dental assistan, is it possible we get online courses for overseas ??

Cheryl Reed in Modesto, California

68 months ago

Inna in San Francisco, California said: hello. I been working as a dental assistent for three years(Im only 18 now) and my work requered x-ray licence from now on. I live in CA in san francisco. Would anyone know where can i get it?
Thanks a lot,

i live in stockton and i have the same proble call me at cherylreed32@yahoo e-mail

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Jessica in Glendale, California said: I have dental xray experience but I dont have licence how can I get it ?

i need to no how to get my x-ray lic cherylreed32@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Adelaida in Los Angeles, California said: were can i find the neerest class for a dental x-ray license

help me to find my license i cant work with out it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

RACHELLE in Burbank, California said: dOES ANYONE KNOW OF A 10 WEEK DANTAL ASST or dental hygenist COURSE NEAR THOUSAND OAKS OR VENTURA COUNTY?

I toke a R.O.P program 15 year ago and dont no what to do with out them and i have nobody to call to help please help me

68 months ago

I Got my X-ray lic at a R.O.P program in sacarmento and i work for dr melarky and now this has been 15 year ago tell me were i can get a new copie

unknown in Ojai, California

67 months ago

Jessica in Glendale, California said: I have dental xray experience but I dont have licence how can I get it ?

go to Camarillo airport they have a regional occupational program and you get xray license and CPR ad all the training you need!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Futureassistant in Santa Maria, California

67 months ago

I see a few people have done their dental assisting program online. What schools offer this and how long does it take? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

DentalGuru2009 in Richmond, Illinois

67 months ago

Futureassistant in Santa Maria, California said: I see a few people have done their dental assisting program online. What schools offer this and how long does it take? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

How can you learn dental assisting by an online program???? That is like learning to ride a bike from
online instruction!!

You can only learn by doing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Shequoia in Vallejo, California

66 months ago

Im looking for employment as a dental assistant i graduated almost 3 yrs ago in TX and i know most of the procedures and materials used here in CA are different. I have sent resumes everywhere and even visited private practices but i haven't gotten anywhere. Ive contacted COMDA to see what steps i need to take in being registered DA for CA. I have to find someone to employ me for a year before im able to take the state exams. The problem with this is i dont remember too much of anything because its been so long. I was thinking i should find someone that excepts interns also hires after internship or something of the sort and find a school that has dental x- ray certification courses. If anyone knows where im coming from please feel free send me your suggestions on what i should do to start back toward this field.=)

futureassistant in Santa Maria, California

66 months ago

fenderia in Tangerang, Indonesia said: Dear Oxstephales,

Kindly please inform me where did u get online courses for dental assistan, is it possible we get online courses for overseas ??

Penn Foster offers online dental assisting programs. I think it's available for overseas students, too.

unknown in Los Angeles, California

65 months ago

mandy in Hwood, CA in Valley Village, California said: Hi just wondering how i can retieve my xray liscence here in California. who would i call or get ahold of...please help?? :)
thanks...

I came across your blog in the indeed forum..I also have the same problem looking for an xray license school here in California..I was wondering if you came across any because I been having problems finding them..

anon in North Brunswick, New Jersey

65 months ago

Zhanna in Brooklyn, New York said: My question is "How can I get x-ray license?" but I work as a dental assistant without any license 3 years.I need that thing quickly.Thak you

Check with the state board but i think NY doesn't require a liscense.

Rachel in Yucaipa, California

65 months ago

Hi I am looking I just finshed my DA class, and they did not cover any x-ray or coronal polish to get my license. So my question is does any one know where I can take a class just for thoes two things to get my license? I am looking for anywere in san bernardino or riverside county. Thank you

tsprings39@yahoo.com in Bangor, Maine

64 months ago

hi i live in maine looking to move to new hampshire have radilogy licence for 20 years in maine how do i transfer licence

Heather in Fresno, California

64 months ago

I am a DA and I have my X-Ray License in California but im moving to Minnesota. Does it mean its no good anymore or is there a fee i have to pay to get it switched over?? Anything else i should be aware of?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Heather in Fresno, California

64 months ago

RACHELLE in Burbank, California said: dOES ANYONE KNOW OF A 10 WEEK DANTAL ASST or dental hygenist COURSE NEAR THOUSAND OAKS OR VENTURA COUNTY?

Look up Kaplan college..they are everywhere

melinda in Fresno, California

63 months ago

i really need a find a class in fresno,ca near my home town but i can't find a class for dental x-ray
!!1please help me

63 months ago

Sabrina Clark in Fresno, California said: First, have you been trained to take x rays? If not, this is your first step. There are many techniques especially when in a small oral cavity. One thing I was never taught was too soften the corners by bending them slightly back and forth to prevent pain when placing the film. Also, when in a small mounth it is possible sometime to use pedo films if you are able to view the whole tooth structure. Also, talk with your employer, he may be picky and want you to do things a certain way. But, x ray taking takes practice and patients. However, time is of the essence in a dental office so please don't make the dentist mad. This would not be in your best interest.

hi sabrina
do you know any school that offer dental x-ray classes...please let me know

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

can someone please help me!!!ihad research online and i can't find any school that offer dental x-ray classes.at lease a three days course.

Jessye T in Cabot, Arkansas

63 months ago

Sonia cortes in Merchantville, New Jersey said: I'm x-ray licenced in Pennsylvania. What are my requirements to
achieve my licence here in the state of new jersey.

You will need to take the Radiology test for NJ.

ekm in Carlisle, Pennsylvania

63 months ago

unknown in Los Angeles, California said: I came across your blog in the indeed forum..I also have the same problem looking for an xray license school here in California..I was wondering if you came across any because I been having problems finding them..

Check UCLA or one of the community colleges. Many Years ago, they used to have DA classes. Orange coast college in Costa Mesa does EFDA

BreeM in Lancaster, California

62 months ago

Has anybody found a place in Los Angeles to get training for your dental xray license?

anasta diamond in Elizabeth, New Jersey

62 months ago

I'm going to be moving from New Jersey to Florida, and I was looking for information on how to change over my radiology and infectious control licesnse over. Would anyone know what procedures I can take that fast and easy? Also looking to do my expanded functions down there as well, know any good schools?

jessica in Saint George, Georgia

62 months ago

stephanie in Hackensack, New Jersey said: i'm currently taking online classes for dental assisting and i was wondering where i would go and what i would do to get an x-ray license. can i get hired without one?

Where are you doing your online class at i am looking at us career institute or penn foster but don't know which route to go and i am skeptical about online studies but i can't afford to not work so i need something online.

Jasper in Daly City, California

62 months ago

I need an x-ray license to get me start to work as a DA. Would you please suggest a school here at Daly City or at Downtown San Francisco where i can enroll. Thanks.

tiffany in Long Beach, California

61 months ago

Ruby Luce in Santa Barbara, California said: believed me, if you have faith, you'll get hired. its not a very difficult job. if they trained you then that would be much better! thanks.

I suggested you should find a dental school and get train there instead of study online, being a dental assistant require 4 hands dentistry by saying that you need a lot of lab practice. Don't know how you can do that online?? Hope it help

61 months ago

Angelina in Clovis, California said: I received my certified dental assistant license in 1992. I worked in the field for several years before changing my line of work. Is my license still good after all these years to go back into the field?
Thank you.

Hello, as long as you are not holding a RDA license with expiration date require than you are OK, your certificate dental assistant always valid. But in order for you to go back to work as a dental assistant you need to complete your 25 units CME plus your CPR plus penalty pay to Dental Board for the past years that you was inactive. Hope it help

dotdottys4yahoo.com in Los Angeles, California

61 months ago

so how do i get a copy@

61 months ago

dotdottys4yahoo.com in Los Angeles, California said: so how do i get a copy@

you need to contact school where you got your xray license from. When you completed Radiation Safety License they should gave you the license original, on the license it should list the name of school where you was completed, hope it help

Jasper in Daly City, California

61 months ago

would you please help me find a school where i can enroll a dental xray program in order for me to have my xray certification or license. i have search and contacted several schools but they ask me to enroll the whole program for DENTAL ASSISTANT where dental xray is part of the study. However, i don't need to study Dental Assistant because I am already a Dentist in the Philippines and i was asked only by my dentist here in San Francisco where i worked now as a dental assistant to have my xray certification immediately. Have any idea guys where can i enroll? You're suggestion would be a great help to me. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Crystal in Lewiston, Maine

61 months ago

I'm a DA an I'm looking for a job but i have no prior experience It was an online course I have full passion about it but all the jobs that I have looked at want experience an a xray license can someone tell me where I could go to get the license?

JLuch in Sacramento, California

59 months ago

I am a Level II DA from Toronto Canada and worked at The Hospital for Sick Children for 4 years. I just moved to California and was told I need to be certified. I am willing to do my X-Ray licence and I have applied places anyways but no one wants me! =( Anyone know where I do Xray courses in Sacramento?
Thanks!

Yanira in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico

59 months ago

Hello im a dental assistant with expand functions in Puerto Rico , but im trying to round a Job in any state. But every Job posting that a found ask about the x- ray license. I need the information Of where i can take it . For example in Maryland , Baltimore . Please someone help me. I need the exact info. Thanks

Jasper in South San Francisco, California

59 months ago

www.dpocservices.com
California Radiation Safety Course

Course Fee: Starting October 1, 2010.....Holiday Discount for October, November and December 2010 - Register for this course given this year and receive a 50% discount off the regular discount price of $435. After October 1 - Tuition will be $218. Take advantage of this wonderful special and sign up soon, as these classes will fill up quickly.

24 C.E. Units (Click

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.