interviewing

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

darla phelps in West Chester, Ohio

35 months ago

dear dental assistants. I have been out of dental assisting for about 2 years partly because of breast cancer and losing my last job. I'm applying for fulltime postion and the employer wants a letter telling them about me and why in think i'm a good candidate for the job. How do you compile a letter like this? I'm nervous anyway and i feel like i dont know what to say? Also they want to know salary history and so forth. Plus i dont know if i can handle everything that the job entails. I know I have to believe in myself for one thing. I think i may have a little chemo brain plus a little menopause. I'm 53 yrs old and have 25 years experience. Also I was at my last job for 14 yrs and lost it because of my breast cancer situation. My boss was very patient and just couldn't wait on me any longer. Do you guys feel like i should just put that job down? All my other jobs are from the 80's. How far do you go back? Your opinions would be greatly appreciated. thans, darla

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DentalGURU2009 in Harvard, Illinois

35 months ago

About the letter, I'd start with introduction.
Tell them about you....( My name is Darla ...

Summarize your dental background and what you like about dentistry.( ie; I have been in the dental field over 20 years dental assisting and____. I especially enjoy helping the patients feel comfortable and at ease. I also enjoy doing lab work and deliveries. )

Tell how they would benefit from hiring you .(ie; I have thoroughly enjoyed being in the dental field exclusively over the years. There is much I know and could offer , though, I am very eager to learn new things. I feel that as a dental professional with over 20 years of experience that I would be a asset to your practice.

Well, something like that . Tweak and add . and GO FOR IT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.